felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It's hard to know what DPC is planning.

On one hand he's clearly laid it out that Bella, Sage, Maya, Josy and Jill are the main love interests, with their progressions and milestones shown at the end of each episode. This is possibly done so we don't get our hopes up for characters that were never going to amount to much (since there are so many fuckable girls in this game).

But on the other hand, the mc can develop quite an advanced relationship with Quinn, and Sage is even encouraging it. After all that effort, will this relationship go nowhere?

Also, the fact that no matter what you've done all the way up to episode 7, suddenly Sage can become available, even if you've been avoiding her like the plague. This is definitely unorthodox from my experience in these games.

Then we have this one incident with Cathy that seemingly has ended the mc's relationship with Bella. Is it definitely over, or is it just going to cool off for a bit and then be back on again (I mean the beast inside Bella has awakened, who's she gonna turn to if not the mc?)

So will Maya and Josy eventually break up? Will it be inevitable or will it be due to the mc's involvement if he is still pursuing one of them? Is there still hope for getting back into the throuple?

So yeah, I am expecting a couple relationship with Maya or Josy, going back to the way things were before the mc knew the two girls were involved. I'm just not really looking forward to the angsty breakup that will precede this eventuality.

Unless of course one of them just dies, that would make things easy, and quite original too. :p
By the fourth chapter potentially MC could already be out of any relationship with the LIs, and also with the main side girls (Nichole, Quinn and Jade), so it doesn't surprise me at all that there will be chances to get back into the game like the one for Sage, in the next 10-12 chapters every player, in every game, has to have a chance to do something, they can't be cut out of the main story already.

In the same way it seems impossible that DPC has created extra scenes that don't lead to anything, for Josy there will be a 100% solo path, maybe there can be some doubt for Maya who is much less unbalanced and has less scenes dedicated to this hypothesis, but also for her I would talk about at least 95%.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Thank you very much for your answer, I understood everything my next question is this in the developer's previous game Acting Lessons as far as I remember there were 8 episodes and then the game was complete As far as I can see this game already weighs 14 gig Is it possible, for example, to consider that episode 8 will be the final of this game
One of the reasons for the longer than usual production schedule this time round is he is splitting the game after episode 8. So season 1&2 will be one game and season 3 will be another, season 4 could tie in with 3 if we get one,

As others have said we’re expecting at least 12 episodes and a maximum of 20. But that said DPC seems to still be very engaged with the world and has implied in the past that the end of the final season might not be the end of Being a DiK. I wonder if he might do something with a new MC but set at B&R still. Of course we might be talking another 4 or more years before he needs to make that decision.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ename144

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
One of the reasons for the longer than usual production schedule this time round is he is splitting the game after episode 8. So season 1&2 will be one game and season 3 will be another, season 4 could tie in with 3 if we get one,

As others have said we’re expecting at least 12 episodes and a maximum of 20. But that said DPC seems to still be very engaged with the world and has implied in the past that the end of the final season might not be the end of Being a DiK. I wonder if he might do something with a new MC but set at B&R still. Of course we might be talking another 4 or more years before he needs to make that decision.
Makes sense because in Acting Lessons, the MC and his friend were DIK alumni as well. I even heard that DPC was considering turning BADIK into an Acting Lessons prequel but it seems like he scratched that idea. I would be cool with seeing a follow up of BaDIK MC post-college. Maybe add in the option at the start to choose the LI you ended BADIK with and continue their life story together.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I won't claim to know DPC's vision, but i think its important for a character driven game to have characters with arcs and layers.

The issue is the game is built along a linear scale, and people and characters don't work like that. You referenced Star Wars and its the same problem. Anakin Skywalker and Darth Sidious are both 'Sith' but they have vastly different MO's and desires and even tactics. Sidious is a sociopathic, schemer, who is defined by ambition and hatred. Anakin is a psychotic, self hating powerhouse, defined by his repeated mistake of giving into his anger when he shouldn't have, each time ruining his life more and more. They're both Sith, but they're nothing alike. They don't follow the same philosophy. Vader wants connection and redemption. Sidious just wants more power. Vader is ruthless, but cold. Sidious is almost capricious. He delights in torture and revels in sadism. While Vader would kill an underling for failure, Sidious would make him think he was being spared and then slowly destroy him for days after to amuse himself. Its not that these aren't 'bad' guys, its that a linear scale of dark side vs light, doesn't do them justice. People are complicated.

Similarly, Sage is more layered than just, she likes Diks. From her first scenes with the MC, its clear she wants emotional connection (chick), she was someone who wants her. She expresses it in a dikish way, she wants a partner in crime to fuck in public places with, she wants someone who challenges her, but she isn't running around fucking everything that moves, without remorse, or getting back at Chad out of pure spite (like Tommy would). Sage is probably more neutral in her outlook, with Dikish ways of expressing it.

Contrast with Quinn, who spends most of the first few chapters manipulating or tormenting the MC. She's a loner, afraid to let anyone close, lest they hurt her. But at the same time she has moments when her vulnerability shines through. She's more dikish outlook, BUT she also has very Chickish expressions herself. She sees the MC as a way to make money (or so she tells herself), so she texts him, takes care of him when he's on drugs, breaks the rules for him, lets him under her skin.

Then take someone like Arieth. Arieth is stupid. But shes also straight Dik. Bump her IQ up 10- just kidding 30 points so shes above room temperature. Arieth is a fucking monster. She not only fucks everything that moves, but she is actively trying to sleep with guys with girlfriends, even friends of hers like Elena's boyfriend. Arieth is what pure Dik looks like. She has selfish, Dikish goals and entices and pressures people into sleeping with her, all but harrasing Caleb and any new guys she decides she wants, stalking them at times. The problem with a character like that is two fold, first they are a monster. Its pretty hard to sympathize or desire a selfish person who doesn't care about anyone, and does whatever they want all the time. So DPC used a classic trick of making a monstrous character absolutely retarded, and by doing so they become sympathic instead of terrifying. The other problem is such one dimensional characters are BORING. Who wants a person that you know everything about them in the first five minutes? Villains are interesting when they do the unexpected, not when they revel in more villainy. Heroes are interesting when they have flaws, not when they are untested shining paragons. Jill, ironically has the same problem for me, shes a mary sue of a character, who has recently been given a 'flaw' of being borderline mentally challenged stupid. But other than that shes basically perfect. Thats not very interesting.

All the characters have a range of goals and methods that exist in a range from massive chick to massive Dik. And within themselves, they have layers and growth that allow them to swim in the different areas of their ranges. Josy may like a bad boy who fingers her in class, but she wouldn't want the MC to sell drugs. Sage may want to be more than fuck buddies with you, but that doesn't mean she won't stop calling you 3 out of 5, just to wind you up (probably so you'll fuck her hard against a wall next time). Quinn may let you spend the night, one night, but hurt you're friends the next day, because she has layers. Bella may be all about protecting Jill from boys who use girls JUST LIKE YOU, but she lets you inside her, because she hasn't felt intimate with someone in YEARS, again, layers.

tl;dr

Characters in good writing are more than RP giving for Dik or chick actions. DPC is a good writer who can mostly balance the needs of the story and the functionality of the game.
Bros, all I want is a DIK main LI to go along with my canon massive DIK MC, that's all. Nothing fancy, I don't require MacBeth levels of intrigue and character arcs. I'd prefer an LI who looks like Sage and acts like Lily. I'm devilish, so I want a ride or die devilish LI. Early on, DPC made me think Sage was it, but by ep. 7 I learned she is most certainly not. She is a sheep in wolf's clothes. As mentioned elsewhere, a Bonnie for my Clyde would be brilliant.

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
Bros, all I want is a DIK main LI to go along with my canon massive DIK MC, that's all. Nothing fancy, I don't require MacBeth levels of intrigue and character arcs. I'd prefer an LI who looks like Sage and acts like Lily. I'm devilish, so I want a ride or die devilish LI. Early on, DPC made me think Sage was it, but by ep. 7 I learned she is most certainly not. She is a sheep in wolf's clothes. As mentioned elsewhere, a Bonnie for my Clyde would be brilliant.

The answer you seek lies in my signature gifs my friend.

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
From a writing point of view, that may not be possible. Lily is able to blow in and light up a scene because she is used sparingly. If she had Sage's level of content, and was only one note the entire time, she'd become very boring.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
From a writing point of view, that may not be possible. Lily is able to blow in and light up a scene because she is used sparingly. If she had Sage's level of content, and was only one note the entire time, she'd become very boring.
Again I go back to, if we can have a Jill then it's possible to have an anti-Jill on the opposite end of the spectrum. I wouldn't find a character like that or a Lilly with more screen time boring at all. Sage was DIK side for all of season 1 and I never once found her boring either. Conversely, it is a CHICK character like Jill that I personally find boring. It really depends on what you are looking for in a main LI. Most people are fine with or prefer CHICK LIs. I, however, am more interesting in seeing my MC with a main LI who at least favours the DIK side.

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
Again I go back to, if we can have a Jill then it's possible to have an anti-Jill on the opposite end of the spectrum. I wouldn't find a character like that or a Lilly with more screen time boring at all. Sage was DIK side for all of season 1 and I never once found her boring either. Conversely, it is a CHICK character like Jill that I personally find boring. It really depends on what you are looking for in a main LI. Most people are fine with or prefer CHICK LIs. I, however, am more interesting in seeing my MC with a main LI who at least favours the DIK side.
But Jill doesn't work. She is boring, hell for as many fans she has, she has an equal number of haters. She has been given stupidity as some sort of flaw to even her out and her haters, STILL hate her, because it just makes her look perfect AND dumb.

A story naturally has progression. If the characters don't change at all from scene to scene, they become stale and boring.

But for what its worth, I hope you get what you're after.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
But Jill doesn't work. She is boring, hell for as many fans she has, she has an equal number of haters. She has been given stupidity as some sort of flaw to even her out and her haters, STILL hate her, because it just makes her look perfect AND dumb.

A story naturally has progression. If the characters don't change at all from scene to scene, they become stale and boring.

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm after. First, I'm not saying characters can't or shouldn't change. All well-written characters change. I'm just saying that DPC has set up a system of DIK/CHICK morality which is an important behavioural marker. I just want one of the five main LIs to be DIK side. It would be one thing if all five radically changed sides, but I don't foresee Maya becoming a Quinn or a Jill becoming a Quinn. Sure they will have some changes (Maya becoming independent of her father, Jill becoming more adventurous), but the core of their being will remain CHICK side.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019

Indeed, the biggest disadvantage of Jill is that she practically does not develop. For example, when the MC told her that he had quarreled with a girl on a date with her (which is funny), she accepted it quite calmly. Although she could have just get angry and get out. Fortunately, everything changes in the finale of episode 7 when she finds out that MС is fucking other girls and it comes as a shock to her. Perhaps it will somehow change her character. She will become more open and liberated. But something will change for sure. I hope.

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes