Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I'll probably get killed for saying this, but it's amazing how DPC's artwork has gone from cream of the crop 3 years ago, to just another great one amongst many, even though DPC himself has improved greatly in the same time period. (Remember he couldn't do the Cathy dream sequence stockings over toes or gloves over fingers properly?)

This is not meant as any denigration to DPC at all. Instead, it's an observation that the tools and models have improved so much that many developers have not just caught up with, but have arguably surpassed DPC's artwork, in a little less than the 3 years since BADIK v0.1 came out.

awesomepossum

Nov 12, 2016
I'll probably get killed for saying this, but it's amazing how DPC's artwork has gone from cream of the crop 3 years ago, to just another great one amongst many, even though DPC himself has improved greatly in the same time period. (Remember he couldn't do the Cathy dream sequence stockings over toes or gloves over fingers properly?)

This is not meant as any denigration to DPC at all. Instead, it's an observation that the tools and models have improved so much that many developers have not just caught up with, but have arguably surpassed DPC's artwork, in a little less than the 3 years since BADIK v0.1 came out.
what games do you think have surpassed? i dont really see that

EfontMan

Aug 23, 2021
but don't the developers just buy the models and just kinda customize them?
Yes. All the photoreal models are Daz3D assets. And the customisation is typically something they also buy, which is why there's a whole subforum devoted to identifying and replicating them.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes