Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Which is why I said range, since anyone with any sense would see the pitfalls you mentioned.

Personally, I would complete my story before starting the rendering process; this would make project management easier

Think about it this way - imagine how long this would have taken with his old hardware! He wouldn't be halfway through the render queue by now!

rj677

May 30, 2020
1st of all: On many occasions I have said that this game has huge problems and that it isnt a perfect game by any means, so Im not a "fanboy" or a "simp" replying to you being a "YES MAN" for DPC

2nd of all: Would I prefer a 3-4 month waiting time? Sure, but BaD is the ONLY game where something remotely reaching 7 months would be acceptable... Also, since you seem like an "expert", tell me a game that gives you as much content, animations and renders as BaD in a 7 month period? :unsure: (This point was what made me, despite the problems that this game has, put it in number 1 AVN)

3rd and final: I agree this thread is ridiculous sometimes... Sure, you have some people here that are just saying stuff like "Quinn sux" or "Jill is MCs aunt" or "Bella is an axe murderer" and the "X is my GF and I want to live happily ever after with her", but I see that YOU are most likely ( I would confirm, but your profile is limited and I cant see it) one of those "wHEn uPDaTe?" and "pREvIeW????" that doesnt bother reading back anything to see where it came from, so how would you know about if it is off topic or not? :unsure:

The moderator notice that just mentioned is indeed working and sometimes does too much "moderating" in my opinion and does indeed delete portions of discussions if they reach the conclusion that it is indeed, in their opinion, "off topic".

Conclusion:

5u0tvo.jpg 5u0u3t.jpg

PS: I apologize in advance to the mods if the memes used to defend the Being a DIK game were off topic and in no shape or form am I trying to attack the user Im replying to, Im just debating his point of view with the same "intensity" as he did.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
You might think DPC is the only one who updates take six months. The developer of Summer is gone also releases updates 2-3 times a year and they are shorter than one semi-annual update of DPC. Okay, I can understand that a six-month update is a problem. Not everyone is ready to wait. It's not about the greed of the developer, but his perfectionism.

Reactions: Redd23

ohhiimfox

May 24, 2018
I honestly dont know why most of the guys here, are assuming that Ep 8 will be leaked here on the 19th ? do you really think that any of the $25 tier guys are leaking it on release day?

Damn.. you guys are in for a disappointment.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
I honestly dont know why most of the guys here, are assuming that Ep 8 will be leaked here on the 19th ? do you really think that any of the $25 tier guys are leaking it on release day?

I agree that no one will merge the game here on November 19. This date is just a psychological boundary. The expectation of the game is so great that many will re-sign for $ 25.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019

The last update dropped here in like 20 minutes after it was released. An hour later there were multiple download links, including the legendary Nopy.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
The last update dropped here in like 20 minutes after it was released. An hour later there were multiple download links, including the legendary Nopy.
And an hour later there were people complaining that it kept crashing at the Josy scene.

Shit moves fast around here!

i cant be the only one who thinks half a year wait for an update is ridiculous
All good things come to those who wait.

Most of our assessments in life are relative. Relative to similar things. So to state that it's ridiculous to wait 6-7 months for this episode can only be said when compared to how long it takes for other games to update.

Also, the quality of the update needs to be considered. If a game was updating everyday, would that be the best thing ever, even if it just updated 1 render a day?

Renders and animations are the only real metric we can use to compare these games, and this release operated at ~20 renders and ~1.5 animations a day. I'd be curious to know if any other games are pulling close to that.

A game people like to compare to BaDIK is City of Broken Dreamers. I think the last release was 5-6 months after the previous one, so to give it the benefit of the doubt I'll say 5 months. That means it was averaging 6 renders a day and roughly 3 days per animation.

So in throughput, DPC is burying CoBD.

Next to compare is quality. I think CoBD's story is unarguably more rich than BaDIK, but that doesn't mean it's more enjoyable.

I find the characters in CoBD rather boring, although there are a few I like, also most of the sex scenes don't suit the game and its pace. BaDIK is chock-a-block with interesting characters, fun dialogue and enjoyable situations and the sex scenes are integrated very well.

Bottom line, if anyone else was creating what DPC is creating it would take them close to 2 years to achieve each episode. DPC does it in just over half a year and people still complain...

Relatively speaking, DPC is kicking ass.

Last edited:

Casiope

Nov 30, 2017
It’s not unusual for a creator to be late with a project, and I’m okay with that as long as the delay is justified. Dr PinkCake explained that the code needed to be reviewed to facilitate future updates, he pointed out that the number of renderings was up, and he eventually invited frustated contributors to postpone their pledges until the release.

I have no reason to distrust his honesty, especially when you compare other developers who don’t bother to publish an actual status. This is probably one of the reasons for Dr PinkCake’s success on Patreon as on this forum.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020

Funny the one who gave the link to episode 7 was the same N7 you should investigate more before making a fool of yourself

Wallsfalldown

Jul 20, 2018
I don't mind waiting 6 months for this game because it gives me a lot of.... Fun per update. I'd rather have fresh, substantial updates than having to update every other week for a new scene and extra line of dialogue.

DPC is one of the few devs I trust here.

Reactions: znar25

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Think about it this way - imagine how long this would have taken with his old hardware! He wouldn't be halfway through the render queue by now!
That's the main source of my frustration with him, the fact that he told his patrons (which doesn't include me so I can't complain too much, lol) that the new hardware would improve render times led them to believe this would decrease the gaps between releases but then upped the render count so much that the gap increased.

If I was a patron I'd be furious but, since I'm dirty pirating scum (#DirtyPiratingScumPride) I just bitch about it to you lot :LOL:

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes