ohhiimfox

May 24, 2018
Trying to trap pirates is stupid. As Gabe Newell once said, piracy is a service problem. Trying to "trap pirates" is only going to make you look bad, even if it is seemingly justifiable. The smart thing to do would be to actually help these potential customers (because that's what they are) and hope to convert some of them into loyal customers of your products. There are people that don't want to pay a Patreon fee every month for content that doesn't exist yet. On the other hand, there are people that don't want to buy a game like BaD on Steam. On the other hand, there are people that may not have funds to spare to buy a legit copy of BaD right now. So, they get it here (or on a similar website) but that doesn't mean they won't buy the game later. Treating pirates like a problem is just stopping yourself from getting more customers in the future.

That's the thing, DPC used F95 to grow with his first game. it worked and now that he makes ton shit of money, he thinks fuck f95. fuck all the ppl that dont give me money. i mean you can see it for example, that his discord isnt even public, not a few channel or something.. noooo the whole freaking discord...

i mean shit.. i like his games. BUT he behaves like a ungrateful spoiled little brat.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
That's the point, being ignorable reports, you don't have to look for the solution of a bug that was not created by the game, but by using a mod. You save time that you can use in other genuine bugs.
Besides, he sets the trap practically at the beginning of the episode, which makes it easier to ignore.
:oops:
Maybe I'm tired tonight....

but without that trap, those requests wouldn't exist, right? where is the time saved?

Reactions: sorco2003
Oct 18, 2021
I got banned from his Discord server and reimbursed from Patreon when I informed Dr PinkCake in a private message that I was writing a walkthrough. I like this game but its creator is clearly a control freak, radical when it comes to defending his project (and his own paid guide). So it doesn't surprise me that he is against mods too.
That is completely reasonable and normal though. This way he can focus on actual bugs that are reported which are caused by the game itself, and not by some external mod or guide that modifies the base game and may cause extra crashes and errors which are totally unrelated to the actual code of the game :WeSmart:
The trap is put into the game so he and the moderators immediately distinguish between actual bugs and dismiss the reports of people who have an unofficial mod in place as he's not responsible for those

pyrofox1313

Mar 2, 2019
That is completely reasonable and normal though.
No, no it isn't. If someone was making a guide for a game that I was developing, I'd offer them some cash not ban them from my Discord and Patreon. That would be a weight off of my shoulders as a developer. The only reason to paywall a fucking guide is because either you're greedy or your game isn't successful enough to keep itself going. As popular as BaD seems to be, I find the latter hard to believe.

Last edited:

ohhiimfox

May 24, 2018
That is completely reasonable and normal though. This way he can focus on actual bugs that are reported which are caused by the game itself, and not by some external mod or guide that modifies the base game and may cause extra crashes and errors which are totally unrelated to the actual code of the game :WeSmart:
The trap is put into the game so he and the moderators immediately distinguish between actual bugs and dismiss the reports of people who have an unofficial mod in place as he's not responsible for those

So it would be reasonble if bethesda bioware cdpr or any other great game dev studio bans ppl in their forums because they getting bugs while moding their games?

yeah i dont think so dude.

• Angry
Reactions: tipsytopsy

Casiope

Nov 30, 2017
I used to work on the bugtracker of a popular game, and the procedure was to ask if the reporter had a mod installed rather than blocking mods. It doesn't require much effort.

Oct 18, 2021
So it would be reasonble if bethesda bioware cdpr or any other great game dev studio bans ppl in their forums because they getting bugs while moding their games?

yeah i dont think so dude.
I used to work on the bugtracker of a popular game, and the procedure was to ask if the reporter had a mod installed rather than blocking mods. It doesn't require much effort.
I understand what you mean, but they most probably don't deal with any bugs that are reported by the people who use those (I don't know their procedure, but that's my assumption). They just ignore those requests as DPC and his admins do, people don't get banned for mentioning they use a mod, their report is just dismissed and that's it :rolleyes:

Here's an example from the Episode 7 launch, as you can see, the person asked about the Josy trap, and he wasn't banned, still a patron and on Discord (the role is still there), just advised not to use the mod in the future. If you have been banned, it was probably for some other reason that you don't want to mention :)
1637015442942.png

Reactions: Ilhares

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
you almost got me there but that last reply... you seem to have a grasp of human behavior but you missed the finer prints, no human would ever admit to a fault and he even thanks in the end? lol, what is that a soap opera ? lol, polite educated reasonable people, what an imagination!

Last edited:

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Hey folks, sorry to bother but i ran into an error right before first test, when it tells you about cheating. Is that known problém or something unique fór me? I got the conpressed version.
I had the same error Tabberius.
Perhaps you downloaded the compressed version, for which I got the same errors. So, I just clicked skip mini games and the game turns out just fine.
It's a recurring problem in the compressed versions. Get the fix.

Casiope

Nov 30, 2017
If you have been banned, it was probably for some other reason that you don't want to mention :)
I was banned, and without any explanation exclusively because I submitted my work to Dr PinkCake. The moderator called N7 knows this because my first and only message went through him (her?). You can question my statement but I didn't plan to make a fuss about it, I was just pointing out that this creator can be impulsive.

Last edited:

JC23

Sep 25, 2016
There is a crash when using mods? I never experienced that for myself.

I know there are restrictions for Android (which I always remove, just because), didn't know there was restrictions for mods too.

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
That's the thing, DPC used F95 to grow with his first game. it worked and now that he makes ton shit of money, he thinks fuck f95. fuck all the ppl that dont give me money. i mean you can see it for example, that his discord isnt even public, not a few channel or something.. noooo the whole freaking discord...

i mean shit.. i like his games. BUT he behaves like a ungrateful spoiled little brat.
Dude you can see DPC's hypocrisy by just reading the first post on this thread, it's so simple:)))

Reactions: DavDR and Blackchip

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
There is a crash when using mods? I never experienced that for myself.
There is not (that I've seen), no. What there is is some cheat detection, and if you try to load your modded save into a new (non-modded) update it will cause the game to exit at a certain point, at least in Ch. 7. Despite appearances, it is not a crash. It specifically exits the game because it detected the data was modified.

Reactions: JC23
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes