Dec 22, 2017
Do you lot remember that you bullied DPC off of this site because a good portion of you didn't like the Acting Lessons twist? Now pocket watching, critiquing DPC's business practices and what not, that's up the each person. I personally don't see the problem with anything he's doing because he's actually working on the game unlike some devs.

And despite the wait times the releases are bigger each time around, unlike some devs who take longer on releases to make less content. So to the fans who have a weird hate boner for DPC because he doesn't like pirates, or you think he takes too long to make a game you don't have to pay for, I suggest for you to bitch about some devs who's practices are literally milking people for money with no shame.

DPC is alright by me, the day he starts to skim on effort, and use his game as a device to screw loyal supporters is the day he'll be on my shit list. And it doesn't look like he'll join that list anytime soon.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
If the game is still good after 19 episodes, no one will complain about getting more. If DPC pulls another blood bath, even 10 episodes will be too many. The length of the game on its own isn't the important part.

I do worry about DPC's ability to spin this story beyond Season 4, but there are ways he could do it depending on what happens next. If Episode 8 lives up to its title we should have a better idea of the scope of the story soon.

I still think the key difference is that Quinn is optional. You can choose to get involved with her if you want (and meet her criteria), but unlike the actual LIs you can also just skip her personal problems and interact with her only as an antagonist.

You're right that in theory DPC could always add more LIs later, but I doubt he will do so. If the current 5 LIs were added as the MC uncovered their paths, it would make sense to keep adding new ones. But the LIs were presented all at once at the end of Episode 1, even though Bella had shown no interest in the MC and Jill was barely in the game. Even Maya's status had just been thrown up in the air thanks to cliffhanger.

For whatever reason, those 5 were singled out for the end of episode status report. To me, that suggests there's more to the LIs than the other girls the MC fool around with repeatedly. It might be as simple as them being the only ones with proper endings, but I think it goes beyond that.

Either way, though, I don't think it really matters if Quinn is ever made a formal LI. Her importance to the story is obvious, she has her own version of all the LI activities, and it's not like being a formal LI in a DPC guarantees the girl a happy ending. :)mad:)

As far as Zoey is concerned, right now she has no connection to current events at all. I'll wait to see how (and if) she's reintroduced before I judge her romance status.

EDIT:

Lest the actual answer get drowned out in a sea of unhelpful snark, it will be released on Friday.
I agree with you. The story in the game is served in small portions, and in several episodes nothing happens at all (for example, episode 2). It will be a big problem if the KDP wants to force the story and it will look crumpled and careless. But I have a good feeling about episode 8.

FDrebin89

Nov 12, 2021
There's a thread on the BAD Reddit with people complaining that the "I want more" scenario with Sage comes out of nowhere.

Did these people not call Sage during the party at the end of Episode 4 ("I can always make time for you, you know that") and did they not read the dialogue between MC and Sage when she's giving him a handjob and he pushes for more than "just sex?"

Yeesh.

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
Ok guys following this and a just few days before the episode come out what are the scenes that you are looking forward to the most?
looking forward to literally every scene. can't wait.

ok, I'm hoping for a maya/josy breakup. I hope there will be an option in later episodes to beat up the guy who ends up with josy if you end up with maya. just beacause jealousy.
hm. :unsure:
then again, maybe I should really opt in for that threeway relationship with them instead

ebenammi

Jun 26, 2018
That's what adblock is for. God help any mobile users though. I still haven't found a great adbock for mobile. There has to be one out there.
Firefox on mobile supports extensions. You can install ublock origin on it. Works like a charm.

Within your home network, something like a pihole is really helpful, though it has its limitations.

Reactions: Ilhares

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
I knew he had a little release date section on his Patreon. I assumed with the date so near he would have publicly revealed it by now. The more I hear about DPC's Patreon practices the less I like him. Anyway, my point stands. There are plenty of posts stating the release date. It isn't that hard to find.
We get the game anyways, he can do whatever he wants on his Patreon and Discord

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I still think the key difference is that Quinn is optional. You can choose to get involved with her if you want (and meet her criteria), but unlike the actual LIs you can also just skip her personal problems and interact with her only as an antagonist.

You're right that in theory DPC could always add more LIs later, but I doubt he will do so. If the current 5 LIs were added as the MC uncovered their paths, it would make sense to keep adding new ones. But the LIs were presented all at once at the end of Episode 1, even though Bella had shown no interest in the MC and Jill was barely in the game. Even Maya's status had just been thrown up in the air thanks to cliffhanger.

For whatever reason, those 5 were singled out for the end of episode status report. To me, that suggests there's more to the LIs than the other girls the MC fool around with repeatedly. It might be as simple as them being the only ones with proper endings, but I think it goes beyond that.

Either way, though, I don't think it really matters if Quinn is ever made a formal LI. Her importance to the story is obvious, she has her own version of all the LI activities, and it's not like being a formal LI in a DPC guarantees the girl a happy ending. :)mad:)

As far as Zoey is concerned, right now she has no connection to current events at all. I'll wait to see how (and if) she's reintroduced before I judge her romance status.
As I've said before, my hypothesis is that the ending each of the 5 LIs (the ones with EoC cards) have events/endings dependant on the actions of the MC whereas every other girl is on rails and you either see events or you don't, eg. we can smoke weed Riona at the Preps party or not but she gets high either way.

Quinn I see as different in that her actions affect events/ending for the MC and the LIs. I expect her to end up in prison by the end, the only real question is how much damage she'll do along the way (B&R could be forced to close, ruining Jill's family legacy and costing Bella her job, Sage's reputation would be ruined by association, M&J would be separated as Maya got sent to some Christian college and they never see each other again :cry:)

jhonnyjensen

Aug 9, 2021
As I've said before, my hypothesis is that the ending each of the 5 LIs (the ones with EoC cards) have events/endings dependant on the actions of the MC whereas every other girl is on rails and you either see events or you don't, eg. we can smoke weed Riona at the Preps party or not but she gets high either way.

Quinn I see as different in that her actions affect events/ending for the MC and the LIs. I expect her to end up in prison by the end, the only real question is how much damage she'll do along the way (B&R could be forced to close, ruining Jill's family legacy and costing Bella her job, Sage's reputation would be ruined by association, M&J would be separated as Maya got sent to some Christian college and they never see each other again :cry:)
What a depressing ending.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
If I'm right, staying off Quinn's path and actually supporting the LI's, if only as their friend, would avoid those bad endings. There would be neutral ending for the LIs we don't end up in a relationship with where they're happy, just not with us :)

n0cn1l

Incest it's all relative
Donor
Dec 25, 2017
Yes, please. But i see more B&R being restructured(like burke taking all the blame and going to jail too) than actualy getting closed
Be grateful that is only depressing...I still have PTSD from his previous game:cautious:

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Yes, please. But i see more B&R being restructured(like burke taking all the blame and going to jail too) than actualy getting closed

Be grateful that is only depressing...I still have PTSD from his previous game:cautious:
It may be depressing but it's also not only 100% avoidable but also 100% predictable. We've been told from the very beginning that Quinn is the antagonist, not only to the MC but to at least 3 of the LIs (Maya directly with Josy and Sage being more tangential) but nooooooo, people still believe they can change her :ROFLMAO:

n0cn1l

Incest it's all relative
Donor
Dec 25, 2017
It may be depressing but it's also not only 100% avoidable but also 100% predictable. We've been told from the very beginning that Quinn is the antagonist, not only to the MC but to at least 3 of the LIs (Maya directly with Josy and Sage being more tangential) but nooooooo, people still believe they can change her :ROFLMAO:
I never understood that but cmon she is/was in the banner so.. she must be a LI right? :KEK:

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes