lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Thin line between depressing and shit. That Quinn ending, that's GOT Season 8 :KEK:
The problem with Game of Thrones' ending isn't that it's bad per se but that it skips several important steps along the way; it's basically this

profit.jpg

Specifically in Dany's case, it was known that 'the gods toss a coin whenever a Targeryan is born', it was shown that she completely rigid in her beliefs and could not accept alternate views and it was demonstrated that she had an over inflated sense of entitlement. All these things made the ending inevitable but also played out like ST Into Darkness doing Khan without redoing Space Seed or Snyder doing Death of Superman without bothering to show the life of Superman

Last edited:

Marine74

Sep 15, 2020
I just downloaded all the chapters saves because my laptop is in for repair so I'm playing on my gaming rig. I know I'm supposed to unzip all the ch's saves into the BAD/game/saves location- do i need to blow away the app data content to be safe then? Just dont want any conflicts etc.

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
The problem with Game of Thrones' ending isn't that it's bad per se but that it skips several important steps along the way; it's basically this

View attachment 1504454

Specifically in Dany's case, it was known that 'the gods toss a coin whenever a Targeryan is born', it was shown that she completely rigid in her beliefs and could not accept alternate views and it was demonstrated that she had an over inflated sense of entitlement. All these things made the ending inevitable but also played out like ST Into Darkness doing Khan without redoing Space Seed or Snyder doing Death of Superman without bothering to show the life of Superman
I didn't even finished my pizza when the long night was already over.

Reactions: mojococo

JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
Maya path.

Again, great story telling by DPC. It is amazing when you find out what a great woman Maya is. View attachment 1504349
To like horror movies is a best trait woman can ever have in my opinion.
Good old King's movies or something good from nowadays like "Don't Breathe".

I once dated this kind of movie-buff girl. We was watching those King's movies almost everyday, sometimes even without sex :KEK:
Best relationship I ever had :HideThePain:

Casiope

Nov 30, 2017
It may be depressing but it's also not only 100% avoidable but also 100% predictable. We've been told from the very beginning that Quinn is the antagonist, not only to the MC but to at least 3 of the LIs (Maya directly with Josy and Sage being more tangential) but nooooooo, people still believe they can change her :ROFLMAO:
It is the natural inclination of every individual to believe that he or she can change the life of the person for whom he or she is intended. It remains to be seen how this virtuous stand could accommodate the massive DIK status. The main character may be the one who ends up broke, drugged and addicted to sex. That makes one dream, doesn't it?

Do i need to blow away the app data content to be safe then?
I advise you to copy your old saves in a separate folder before deleting them, you never know.

Reactions: Ilhares

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It may be depressing but it's also not only 100% avoidable but also 100% predictable. We've been told from the very beginning that Quinn is the antagonist, not only to the MC but to at least 3 of the LIs (Maya directly with Josy and Sage being more tangential) but nooooooo, people still believe they can change her :ROFLMAO:
the antagonism with Josy lasted the time to take the piss out of Tommy, without whose presence Josy would not have even been admitted in the scavenger hunt. i think that from that moment on they have not even mentioned each other anymore

That Sage still believes her remains a miracle.... "Quinn has a weird sense of humor" really?!?!

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
the antagonism with Josy lasted the time to take the piss out of Tommy, without whose presence Josy would not have even been admitted in the scavenger hunt. i think that from that moment on they have not even mentioned each other anymore

That Sage still believes her remains a miracle.... "Quinn has a weird sense of humor" really?!?!
I would say it lasted all the way through the 'impossible' scavenger hunt since Quinn clearly didn't want Josy to actually succeed and continues indirectly due to the strain being put on her and Maya's relationship

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I would say it lasted all the way through the 'impossible' scavenger hunt since Quinn clearly didn't want Josy to actually succeed and continues indirectly due to the strain being put on her and Maya's relationship
I don't see this opposition....

even at the end of the scavenger hunt when Maya complains about the trap of free tuition, Josy reiterates how it was only a rumor that was never confirmed.

Josy surely doesn't like her, but in the story they almost completely ignore each other, I don't remember either Josy or Quinn speaking ill of the other after the abrupt awakening of the fourth chapter, where it seemed instead that Josy's swaggering attitude would have seen her in harsh contrast. but it's over there

Marine74

Sep 15, 2020
It is the natural inclination of every individual to believe that he or she can change the life of the person for whom he or she is intended. It remains to be seen how this virtuous stand could accommodate the massive DIK status. The main character may be the one who ends up broke, drugged and addicted to sex. That makes one dream, doesn't it?

I advise you to copy your old saves in a separate folder before deleting them, you never know.
Right- already did that(the saves) from the games save dir- i'm more referring to what is stored in the app data/roaming/renpy/BAD specifically..I know there's saves in there as well but i'm unsure which take precedence, and whether i need to empty that folder out (ie copy elsewhere) prior to loading these saves into the game directory. Unless I'm supposed to drop them in both locations? But I dont think that would be necessary.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I don't see this opposition....

even at the end of the scavenger hunt when Maya complains about the trap of free tuition, Josy reiterates how it was only a rumor that was never confirmed.

Josy surely doesn't like her, but in the story they almost completely ignore each other, I don't remember either Josy or Quinn speaking ill of the other after the abrupt awakening of the fourth chapter, where it seemed instead that Josy's swaggering attitude would have seen her in harsh contrast. but it's over there
It is in Quinn's interest that Maya and Josy don't join the Hots since they add expenses without contributing to the restaurant; Josy joining the Hots puts them at odds, FACT. On top of that, if Quinn had quashed the rumour in the first place, Maya would never had attempted to join, meaning she and Josy would've been able to look for alternate solutions earlier and not suffer the relationship strain it caused.

If you still can't see it then I give up.

Daken9

Apr 28, 2017

View attachment 1504454

Meh. Having read the books, i'd say the issue is that D&D decided to diverge from the source in some major ways - say, the removal of Aegon and the Dorne plot, or of Victarion and Euron - but keep to it in others either to subvert expectations or because of plain laziness - an example of the latter was having Cersei follow Aegon's rails down to the inclusion of the Golden Company and of Varys' treachery.

In Dany's case, she and who surrounds her are so far removed from their book counterparts (chief among them Tyrion) that they should have simply gone with a generic good ending and called it a day. Would have been easier than retroactively trying to set straight all they did different.

Are you talking about that scene where MC tells Maya that Quinn is evil and she should stay away from her?
From my point of view that choice is evil. Quinn could give her a job, and Maya could earn some money for the very first time in her life.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019
It is in Quinn's interest that Maya and Josy don't join the Hots since they add expenses without contributing to the restaurant; Josy joining the Hots puts them at odds, FACT. On top of that, if Quinn had quashed the rumour in the first place, Maya would never had attempted to join, meaning she and Josy would've been able to look for alternate solutions earlier and not suffer the relationship strain it caused.

If you still can't see it then I give up.
Their relationship was on the rocks before Quinn even existed in either of their worlds, the implications are that their relationship was strained before MC even got to University. Otherwise Josy and Maya wouldn't have hit MC with that double psych naw at the beginning of the game. We don't know what exactly strained their relationship but it sure as hell wasn't Quinn.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Their relationship was on the rocks before Quinn even existed in either of their worlds, the implications are that their relationship was strained before MC even got to University. Otherwise Josy and Maya wouldn't have hit MC with that double psych naw at the beginning of the game. We don't know what exactly strained their relationship but it sure as hell wasn't Quinn.
Did I say Quinn was the only source? No, I was referring to the additional strain Quinn's actions caused. The point is that Quinn made their lives more difficult, not less (and did so deliberately and maliciously) because she's the antagonist.

Casiope

Nov 30, 2017
Right- already did that(the saves) from the games save dir- i'm more referring to what is stored in the app data/roaming/renpy/BAD specifically..I know there's saves in there as well but i'm unsure which take precedence, and whether i need to empty that folder out (ie copy elsewhere) prior to loading these saves into the game directory. Unless I'm supposed to drop them in both locations? But I dont think that would be necessary.
Saves in the game folder take precedence when loading the game, but it's recommanded to delete the ones in the AppData folder to avoid confusion as they are not properly identifiable. Although this does not affect gameplay. Note that persistent data (unlocked rewards and wallpapers) are saved in the file of the same name.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes