LordDiabl0

Feb 19, 2019
I used a cheat mod when playing v.7.2 and know I cant play due to it. It is not letting me load my last save in this recent version. Is there a way I can bypass this.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Two questions: affinity? and did you get jill's lewd scene from episode 7?
Affinity by the end of Episode 8 was Neutral. In Ep 7 it was probably DIK.
No, things with Jill seemed to turn in Ep 7 around the time of Tybalt's Presentation with the dick pic and her realizing I had slept with Josy (didn't sleep with Sage). Up to that point Jill was heavily prioritized in my playthrough, picked her ahead of pretty much everybody else from what I remember, had the good date with her on the picnic, etc.

Thanks. That was interesting. What kind of playthrough was that?
By the end of Ep 8 I had Neutral affinity (permanent). I basically played it the way I would IRL for the most part - just choosing things that I'd do, the only exception is going slightly heavier DIK options with Quinn to open up more dialogue opportunities with her. Turned down a number of sex opportunities depending on situations (like not sleeping with Jade as I was worried about that coming back to bite me later with Jill), so it's not like I was going man-whore route or anything, but I did opt in with some of girls of course that I felt like there was good chemistry with - Lily is probably the girl that my character currently has the best connection and chemistry with.

And I've avoided the throuple with Josy & Maya as I don't want a relationship with Maya, just a solo Josy route, so I'm hoping that opens up at some point - it was interesting during the 'choice' section where I could only pick "Jill" or "Other", when I would choose "Other" it even specifically had MC think to himself about how he had feelings for Josy but that she wasn't available right now and so wasn't an option, etc. so that makes me hope a route with her will open up later. I was admittedly disappointed when there weren't more girls listed since the narrative definitely hints that certain girls want some level of a relationship with the MC, like the aforementioned Lily, and even girls like Nicole, etc. seem to have good bonding scenes with him if you go that route. I definitely find a number of the side girls just as interesting, if not more so, than the main girls but I imagine since they are considered side girls (like Lily) that we won't have an ending option with them. My dude might just have to roll as future loner DIK President. :D

Last edited:

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
i wanna ask...have chick potrait lead to others girls?? i think it will be very hard o reach chick status...i need for sure a walkthrough..but it's worth?

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
At least in the manwhore DIK route you have the option:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm on neutral path and I have the option to pay her as well. Not sure about chick path.
Also maybe if the MC is on Jill path that option is not available? Similar thing happened in EP7 if you dated Jill. She is like cock blocker character

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
View attachment 1510865

This had to be the funniest scene in the game for me :LOL: Kind of felt sorry for Tybalt, but the kid shooting the confetti gun nailed the moment. Following the Jill/Bella path myself. Picking Jill just seems like the right choice since Bella still has issues she needs to resolve. It kind of sucked turning her down but she did acknowledge it was the right thing for the MC to do. That tells me while she might not have had the courage to turn down the MC she did know in her heart it was the right thing for the MC to stay with Jill. I hope Bella still can get a nice ending for her story though.
i was in the same situation (i need to dump Sage too and jade which gone mad...) but i waitend 8n chapter to make love with Bella..and omg if was worth!!!...i.m a little sad that you can't go for a harem route..cuz i loived jill-Sage and Mommy Jade ...but nothing compare to Bella

Reactions: Bill_Buttlicker

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
By the end of Ep 8 I had Neutral affinity (permanent). I basically played it the way I would IRL for the most part - just choosing things that I'd do, the only exception is going slightly heavier DIK options with Quinn to open up more dialogue opportunities with her. Turned down a number of sex opportunities depending on situations (like not sleeping with Jade as I was worried about that coming back to bite me later with Jill), so it's not like I was going man-whore route or anything, but I did opt in with some of girls of course that I felt like there was good chemistry with - Lily is probably the girl that my character currently has the best connection and chemistry with.

And I've avoided the throuple with Josy & Maya as I don't want a relationship with Maya, just a solo Josy route, so I'm hoping that opens up at some point - it was interesting during the 'choice' section where I could only pick "Jill" or "Other", when I would choose "Other" it even specifically had MC think to himself about how he had feelings for Josy but that she wasn't available right now and so wasn't an option, etc. so that makes me hope a route with her will open up later. I was admittedly disappointed when there weren't more girls listed since the narrative definitely hints that certain girls want some level of a relationship with the MC, like the aforementioned Lily, and even girls like Nicole, etc. seem to have good bonding scenes with him if you go that route. I definitely find a number of the side girls just as interesting, if not more so, than the main girls but I imagine since they are considered side girls (like Lily) that we won't have an ending option with them. My dude my just have to role as future loner DIK President. :D
That's rather interesting. I made a more "out of curiosity" type playthrough. I wanted to see the outcome. It was a chick playthrough where MC was seeing Jill, Bella, Josy/Maya and Sage at the ep 7 Hots Party. The dick pic was shown at the presentation, both Josy and Sage recognized it. Jill had a breakdown. I made another save at the "choice" option. She still accepted him.

Reactions: Razrback16

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
Having played through twice now, I really liked the episode, yes it was linear, static and the free roams felt pointless, BUT the characters really shone through, and the sex scenes, OMG the sex was dead ass, black tar heroin levels of sexy. I also thought the gameplay developments were cool, the choice restrictions, feel like i've BUILT a character and now he is playing me while i play him, the limitations feel smooth and natural. Oh and the humor was on point, on point.

I just have one complaint

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I've gone through Episode 8 with several different runs, and I think I've seen just about all there is to see without a guide. Now I need to sort out my thoughts on it.

This was definitely a large update. Yet somehow it feels extremely thin, as though the important parts were diluted by an unrelenting stream of high-gloss filler material. Worse, while several scenes were quite nice in and of themselves, the overall character/story progression was handled surprisingly gracelessly.

BaDIK hasn't felt this railroaded since Episode 4. Far too many of our choices were ignored or neutered, seemingly for no reason beyond a lack of imagination by DPC. The titular "crossroads" in the MC's relationships comes not as a natural result of our choices, nor even as the result of an external crisis a la Josy's arrival at the end of Episode 3. No, this crossroad is literally because the MC woke up one day and decided dating multiple girls was unworkable no matter what had been said before. The episode then abruptly ends before the MC can actually implement his decision, meaning there's a high likelihood we're going to be stuck doing this dance all over again as Season 3 unfolds.

As a result, my enthusiasm for Season 3 has diminished significantly. It feels like we're going to be stuck in endless loops as the main story is advanced drip by tiny drip. I've long wanted the MC to be able to commit to a single relationship, but that was always with the assumption that the game would branch sufficiently to reflect those differences. Between the ham-fisted "crossroads" and the revelations in the closing montage, I don't think that's going to happen anymore, and the rate at which it fails to happen is going to be glacially slow. That's not going to sit well as we wait 6+ months for the next installment to clean up this mess.

So yeah, overall I'm pretty down on Episode 8, and the game as a whole. Now let's look at the details, which means spoilers.

tl;dr Despite a lot of fun aspects, Episode 8 overall feels like a big step in the wrong direction and I'm no longer eager to play Season 3.

Last edited:

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
I've gone through Episode 8 with several different runs, and I think I've seen just about all there is to see without a guide. Now I need to sort out my thoughts on it.

This was definitely a large update. Yet somehow it feels extremely thin, as though the important parts were diluted by an unrelenting stream of high-gloss filler material. Worse, while several scenes where quite nice in and of themselves, the overall character/story progression was handled surprisingly gracelessly.

BaDIK hasn't felt this railroaded since Episode 4. Far too many of our choices were ignored or neutered, seemingly for no reason beyond a lack of imagination by DPC. The titular "crossroads" in the MC's relationships comes not as a natural result of our choices, nor even as the result of an external crisis a la Josy's arrival at the end of Episode 3. No, this crossroad is literally because the MC woke up one day and decided dating multiple girls was unworkable no matter what had been said before. The episode then abruptly ends before the MC can actually implement his decision, meaning there's a high likelihood we're going to be stuck doing this dance all over again as Season 3 unfolds.

As a result, my enthusiasm for Season 3 has diminished significantly. It feels like we're going to be stuck in endless loops as the main story is advanced drip by tiny drip. I've long wanted the MC to be able to commit to a single relationship, but that was always with the assumption that the game would branch sufficiently to reflect those differences. Between the ham-fisted "crossroads" and the revelations in the closing montage, I don't think that's going to happen anymore, and the rate at which it fails to happen is going to be glacially slow. That's not going to sit well as we wait 6+ months for the next installment to clean up this mess.

So yeah, overall I'm pretty down on Episode 8, and the game as a whole. Now let's look at the details, which means spoilers.

tl;dr Despite a lot of fun aspects, Episode 8 overall feels like a big step in the wrong direction and I'm no longer eager to play Season 3.
i overall agree with this sentiment. well said :)

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
Having played through twice now, I really liked the episode, yes it was linear, static and the free roams felt pointless, BUT the characters really shone through, and the sex scenes, OMG the sex was dead ass, black tar heroin levels of sexy. I also thought the gameplay developments were cool, the choice restrictions, feel like i've BUILT a character and now he is playing me while i play him, the limitations feel smooth and natural. Oh and the humor was on point, on point.

I just have one complaint

Dude, lets be honest here... she's a virgin waiting for instructions. What were you expecting her to do? 360 spins and flips on his dick?

Zoey in that scene just looked like a Dik version of Jill

Last edited:

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
Where did you read this nonsense? :unsure:

RenPy v7.4.x has a backward compatibility for older MacOS versions and Catalina isn't even considered being old!

I guess you forgot to give permission to game.app which is required since Catalina...

So, either you use chmod -x or permission fixer:
https://f95zone.to/threads/permission-fixer-for-mac-and-linux.24233/post-1492564
Tried this - didn't work. The upgrade of OS took the ability to even open the SDK away - it just quits unexpectedly. And I didn't read it anywhere - I just reported it to the Lemmasoft board and here, to see what may be known about this. Others have seen this as well. I can still open 7.3.5, but both 7.4.8 (which was working before the upgrade) and 7.4.10 have this issue. I use the SDKs to create Mac versions from the compressed pc versions of games.

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes