erawk1

Jun 1, 2020
game crashing right after this frame, no error message or anything, the game is just shutting down. anyone know how to fix?
Using version 0.8.1
its in chapter 8.
I am getting the exact issue. Tried running in compatibility and as admin. Nothing working so far.
1536432_Adsiz.png

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
Nope. A few lines are added about that after you choose her at the end of the episode 8. But no other consequences.
I'm pretty sure it also effects if Jill is sad or shocked when she visits Bella and sees the MC with Bella. It'll be interesting how sad or shocked Jill will carry over into season 3.

Pennel

Jun 4, 2017
I had a question about that.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
What are your thoughts on that?
I don't think Sally is preggers, at least she doesn't know before the party. She's drinking alcohol, and I reckon she would be top of the list of people to be sober while pregnant.

Maybe DPC is making her and Magnar shaky to set up a scene with her. Like Heather and Tommy are doing as well.

Reactions: mightybored

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Are you so sure that the girlfriend choice in this episode is going to stick though?

In the one playthru that I did this episode I chose the Sage path, but I'm not to confident about that path. If you look at the pattern of Sage in past episodes it's always been one step forward, one step back. Just think about the pool scene in ep4, then that tender moment in the HOT's back yard ep5, then the break up in six, the rebound guy in seven. This relationship moves back and forth like a pendulum.

With the additional complication of Zoey coming back this could all still be up in the air for several more episodes
I think that the point that you are not seeing here has nothing to do with the girl choice sticking or not. It is the point that the game now has much more complicated programing to do in Ren'Py.
DPC is wanting to do a Medieval game and he has been doing this since the end of Acting Lessons. He says he is doing this solo. If that is true, he went from 2 main paths (DIK and CHIK) to 5 + and yes we can argue all day it was more complicated than that, but it wasn't. Variables were linked but the main paths prior to the choices in this last update were those two.
Now by making us choose a girl, which by the way he did in Acting Lessons just before the ending, he is signaling the ending of this work.
So it doesn't matter whether the girls stick or not. It doesn't matter what anyone really thinks for that matter. It becomes a purely workload problem. He can not do five paths simultaneously in multiple upcoming episodes and keep his player base happy. It will take him more than a year of burnout level of work just to do the next one, and he is already tired of this story. Yes people can say that "Oh he can just do one girl per episode". Yes he could.. but he won't. That would be a huge step back from where he just brought us, in what was his best episode yet.

Yes I know all the fans want it to go on forever, but it isn't going to, and it doesn't matter how many times he said oh yes 12 episodes, 25 episodes 100000 episodes. He has thrown his cards on the table and said that he is beginning the master work of his last chapter or two at most.

It is not that I want my insemination of all the ladies to stop. It is just mechanics. Pure and simple.
Peace

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
Let me get this right. 7 months since the last update, an interlude before the next update focused on a girl nobody cares about and then at least 7 months after that for the next update and the only Sage sex scene in this update is watching her fuck the ugliest least popular girl in the game? What was DPC thinking?

Like I'm actually baffled by this. It doesn't match up with how the route was going with all the rebound guy talk in the last update, hell it doesn't even match your conversations with her in this update. Its like Episode 4 all over again but at least that had set up.

Jill and Bella hard carried this episode and I wasn't even big fans of them before.
Hate to say it but when you're wrong you're wrong.
Quinn's scenes in this were fucking awesome. The threesome was basically on par with everything that's happened during the Sage route so far... as it stands up into this chapter, we don't really know a whole lot about Sage other than her boyfriend is gay, a cheater and she's got some issues with her family. This episode brought a lot of things to light regarding Sage. She's obviously wanting to express some unexplored sexual urges and who best to do that with than her two closest friends? Like it or not, Quinn is Sage's best friend in the HOTs. She's said it in the past that they connect on a different level. Shit, even when MC stayed with her, she asked him if he liked Quinn and then said that Quinn liked MC. Think of it this way dude, Sage is a senior who's graduating next year...she's working on her final dissertation. Why wouldn't she try to set her two friends up with each other? Quinn offers MC the chance to get some experiences he otherwise wouldn't, while MC offers Quinn the chance to get some grounding and a chance to mellow out.
That being said, if you would actually play the Quinn route, you'd see the drastic difference in Ep 1 Quinn and Ep 8 Quinn. Plus, that "Broccoli scene" was fucking heartwarming.

Jan 5, 2019
Wait, What I have to reject Jade? First Cathy now Jade will be gone? The Jade scenes are some of the hottest scenes in this game. Think I'm out this dude is getting emtionally relationship looking soft.

Reactions: magaclaawe

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
I think that the point that you are not seeing here has nothing to do with the girl choice sticking or not. It is the point that the game now has much more complicated programing to do in Ren'Py.
DPC is wanting to do a Medieval game and he has been doing this since the end of Acting Lessons. He says he is doing this solo. If that is true, he went from 2 main paths (DIK and CHIK) to 5 + and yes we can argue all day it was more complicated than that, but it wasn't. Variables were linked but the main paths prior to the choices in this last update were those two.
Now by making us choose a girl, which by the way he did in Acting Lessons just before the ending, he is signaling the ending of this work.
So it doesn't matter whether the girls stick or not. It doesn't matter what anyone really thinks for that matter. It becomes a purely workload problem. He can not do five paths simultaneously in multiple upcoming episodes and keep his player base happy. It will take him more than a year of burnout level of work just to do the next one, and he is already tired of this story. Yes people can say that "Oh he can just do one girl per episode". Yes he could.. but he won't. That would be a huge step back from where he just brought us, in what was his best episode yet.

Yes I know all the fans want it to go on forever, but it isn't going to, and it doesn't matter how many times he said oh yes 12 episodes, 25 episodes 100000 episodes. He has thrown his cards on the table and said that he is beginning the master work of his last chapter or two at most.

It is not that I want my insemination of all the ladies to stop. It is just mechanics. Pure and simple.
Peace
You're trying to compare (DIK and CHIC) to LI paths. These are not completely one in the same or an interchangeable comparison. Since episode 1, we had 5 LI paths. Everyone had the choice to purposely go a solo LI path since the start of the game if they wanted, rendering the rest of the LI paths pointless to that playthrough. No different than a linear playthrough from the start.

In my main playthrough I only saw 3 unlockable scenes out of the 15 for chapter 8. If chapter 9 has 15 scenes and I miss 12 because of that final choice in chapter 8, then it is no different than any other chapter where scenes can be missed due to choices you made.

Why do you think it is all of a sudden different moving forward? Or more ambitious? When DPC has been doing multiple routes since the beginning anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: aragh and RukiRG

Tigryss

Jun 9, 2020
Hi guys I need some help!
I have a loop in the game. After the date with Bella, there is a "free roam" where MC need to invite the DIK guys to Halloween party, and If I finish the free roam and watch the story about Mom-Dad diary, then jumps back to the date with Bella. Is there any solution for this loop?

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes