sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Yes because people for some reason refuse to read or have the common sense that if you had modded saves they would break in the new update because of DPC anti-cheat checks in the code. Nobody with clean saves had any issues and those who had modded saves and common sense waited for the mod to be updated or disabled the cheat checks. There were a few that didn't realize the new version no longer supported 32 bit OS by default.
Okay I see you failed to get what I was about to highlight there so I won't be pursuing this issue since it's pointless... let's agree on whoever KNOWS what is going on won't EVER be in need of a " hotfix " for " bugs " even if he is cheating... common sense with know-how goes a long way folks ! :ROFLMAO: Not to mention to see through " official BS " when he/she sees one... :BootyTime:

32 bit OS ??? :eek: It's almost 2022 folks... time to do " some " upgrades... :KEK:

DickoNicko

May 7, 2019
iam pretty sure Josy will getting big drama too in the future
Maybe now that she and Maya will be specifically seen by Burke, he will try to push them both into "the menu". Using Maya's situation to try and force them. Also will Jade try to blackmail Tremolo into sex somehow? She's mad at MC if he cuts all with her, seeing she got a potential upper hand and after tasting the "Tremolo" I don't know if she can turn on MC like that. But she's a sex beast and salty with MC for cutting the sexcapades, so it may be possible. I'm guessing here.

Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
Why "hallucinating"?

It's just a flashback. There's always a flashback at the beginning of every episode.
Someone came up with the idea that in this scene James only exists in Bella's head.

I find that it fits well with the scene, and the way of acting of his boss.

Nov 23, 2020
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 273, in script
python:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 273, in script
python:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 277, in <module>
renpy.call_in_new_context("_main_menu")
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 462, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?
how to fix this?

jackofshadows

May 24, 2018
DPC hint that the next update will be small?
No.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's a cool take but what about the simple photo in her bedroom and others across her house? It would take another person to set up that shit, support Bella's shizo... too far-fetched. The razor tells that dialogue was kinda off due to over-editing (cutting) or even just poorly written.
YES
Finally someone gets it!!!!!!
No chance this goes as long as some fanboys want it to go, no matter what DPC may have said in the past.
He is getting overwhelmed and burned out.
Story is increasingly complicated.
His answer for complications, based on past performance, is a dramatic and unpleasant ending.
I am giving him the benefit of the doubt, so possibly happy ending (lol) and no more than one or two more episodes.
Rather it's you who don't get it at all.
  • There's little reason not to beleive DPC when he says he has a long list of major plot points planned ahead.
  • The plot as we see is unfolding at snail-speed.
  • Complications-shmuplications, some are simply being ignored, some are resolving in a lazy fashion like even major one with Chad for instance. Look for shazba's list to insure.
  • DPC might getting somewhat burned out (I don't think so personally, since his focus not on the writing but on production qualities which are continue to go up, not down) but that doesn't matter much. It's his fucking job and the interest for the game so far only goes up so why wrapping up the whole thing? It would be more sensible to extend the existing plan, not to cut it, lol.
  • I'm also obviously with the guys who corrected you regarding 5 separate routes from now on instead of 2. Dude in case you didn't notice that was the case all along. The theme of most of this cast being MC's friends is specifically for that: to not alter the flow of each episode too much depending on the chosen route. Just play this very 8 ep again and see how it changes. It will be the same manner in the future episodes, I'm assure you.
  • Seeing how lazily was done the transition to the season 3 (I mostly mean the choice) also tells us that DPC won't be afraid to build up something overly ambitious just because he might not handle that later. He will handle it no matter what, if far from the best way possible.
  • I'm assuming here entirely since I've never been to Discord/Patreon but as far as I know people who criticize DPC for poor writing are in minority, to put it mildly. So again, no reason for our beloved cunthor care much about that.
-------------
Guys am I the only one who still getting bug when you rolling any scene back the option regarding quick menu goes default all the time? 8.1 didn't help with that.

The choice regarding revenge on Ron seemed arbitrary af to me at first but Ron is the nerds VC so perhaps it will be relevant later after all, along with them in general.

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
Someone came up with the idea that in this scene James only exists in Bella's head.

We'll find out about it next episode, I don't really see Jill confronting Bella about her relationship with MC and not mentioning James.
Unless DPC decides to still make their dialogue regarding Bella's past all cryptic and bullshit to keep the suspense until the last second...

goldenrule91

Feb 26, 2021
Who will join me in my Lily's Fan Club?
View attachment 1515196

She and Nicole , they deserved to have an end , a good one even if they are not mains
I think everyone understands that Lily is S tier, along with Nicole :BootyTime: The hardest choice in the game so far was choosing between Lily and Nicole at the club, literally impossible. I'm gonna do a full retrospective writeup on the Lily, Nicole and Quinn relationships when I find the time to play ep. 8 again and take some notes because I feel those 3 are gonna be the foundation of the new Others path :Kappa:(y)

I believe DPC missed a golden opportunity for that during the Episode 7 HOT party. Sally practically invited MC to get naked with her and KRJ but nope. We got slapped instead lol.
She was begging for it in ep. 8 too but we couldn't even slap that ass like we did in the tabletop game :HideThePain: Please DPC, don't blueball us like you did the Jill fans, I need nerd ass STAT.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Maybe now that she and Maya will be specifically seen by Burke, he will try to push them both into "the menu". Using Maya's situation to try and force them. Also will Jade try to blackmail Tremolo into sex somehow? She's mad at MC if he cuts all with her, seeing she got a potential upper hand and after tasting the "Tremolo" I don't know if she can turn on MC like that. But she's a sex beast and salty with MC for cutting the sexcapades, so it may be possible. I'm guessing here.
hm nah dont think that Jade will make such moves... remember you can avoid her early on by denying her in the classroom, and after that there is absolutley NO issue with her.

Stephen burke indeed will try something here... But Jade will more likely be an alley to the MC than a foe. Regardless what you do with her i think...

My guess is, Jade will be a keyplayer to bring Stephen Burke and the Drug-prostitution-circle down.

But Maya will have to deal with some fall out for now, MC did some stupid things (no matter what you do in the playthroughs, at least he ruined the mansion at the party with derek and the sprinkler system) and that will be a problem for mayas help for sure... and of course we all know what an asshole stephen burke really is, forcing young students to have sex with him and go on the menu for quinn in exchange for free tuition (which mona refused and thats why she left college)

And here i think will be the chance that the Maya/Josy/MC triangle will crash somehow (if you dont want to safe this thing with your decisions) I will be honest... i hope so. Iam not a big fan of this triangle, the MC is just the "third wheel" on this bycicle so far... Maya and Josy love each, or they pretend too, and the MC is... a good fuck and friend. There are building up some serious deep feelings especially with Josy. But that Josy and Maya are a thing too is a distraction in my book to build a good going relationship...

Yeah sure, a proper Threesome with them would be hot, but i just dont like this triangle relationship, for me its not really working. So i hope for an Josy solo route very soon. I prefer Josy anyways... i cant forget that maya demanded 100% honesty from the Mc and than was lying BIG TIME, Josy never really lied and is connecting a lot better with the MC i think.

Reactions: 2406 and DickoNicko

DickoNicko

May 7, 2019
Why "hallucinating"?

It's just a flashback. There's always a flashback at the beginning of every episode.
I think the theory started because nobody greets or even acknowledges Bella's partner on that part but her. Her boss said nothing to him and both the boss and the guy outside the library kept looking in her direction like...weird. May be a stretch, but Pinkcake seem to like plot twists so isn't out of the possibilities. :unsure:

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
She was begging for it in ep. 8 too but we couldn't even slap that ass like we did in the tabletop game :HideThePain: Please DPC, don't blueball us like you did the Jill fans, I need nerd ass STAT.
I don't get it! It must be DPC's sense of humor and sadism towards his fans. There are TONS of custom renders of Sally in the gallery but we can't even get an over-the-pants dick rub from her in game? CMON DUDE!

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
So, who wants to throw dark? Also this is probably me being late to the party.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyone else notice that when Jade was mad at Burke for fucking around she threw the picture of Tybalt and not the one of them? Seems a little weird.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
I think everyone understands that Lily is S tier, along with Nicole :BootyTime: The hardest choice in the game so far was choosing between Lily and Nicole at the club, literally impossible. I'm gonna do a full retrospective writeup on the Lily, Nicole and Quinn relationships when I find the time to play ep. 8 again and take some notes because I feel those 3 are gonna be the foundation of the new Others path :Kappa:(y)
Why should we have to choose when we have Scrappy god?? :WeSmart: :LUL:

screenshot0200.png

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I've only done one run so far, Bella's one (I did it first because something was unintentionally spoiled for me), so I'm still missing a lot of the content of the new chapter, but at least I can already make some considerations on her story

I had fun, but I can't say I'm satisfied

Bella was definitely the character who needed more light on her past, she is dedicated to the flashback, but is the most insignificant of BADIK, at the moment only useful to recognize the library where he worked, which by the way is quite useless, it was enough for her to tell us, and to confirm with the brave DPC will never show us one of the LIs with someone else, James and Bella are husband and wife and do not even kiss, indeed Bella has the same warmth of Chad with Sage

its development is not bad, the sex scene although different from what I expected is very good, but the second attempt at dating is so dense with WTF that it becomes difficult to ignore it

very nice idea that they want to deal with the big elephants they've decided to ignore, but for a serious relationship they can't avoid anymore. and of course the student teacher relationship was one of them, but how is it possible that two who have been racking their brains for a long time about the difficulties they're going to face still don't know if it's going to be a legal issue too and what the BR code says about it? it's really ridiculous that MC comes out to Bella and Bella demands that he leave Jill, when they might have to call it off the next day. it's so ridiculous that I'm not even anxious.
and the wedding is not mentioned... really!?!? just a mention of the ring (which as I thought Bella will continue to wear to college to avoid chatter), at this point the only solution is that James is dead, and everyone knows it, including MC...

the moment of the confrontation is nice and successful, but DPC's willingness not to dissolve these two key points to postpone some revelation really makes little sense.

on the other hand, I find Bella's request about Jill understandable, it is true that we, the players, might have completely given up on her friend, but Bella might still have some doubts (she would have done well to talk about it beforehand).
In the end she only knows how the first date with Jill went, what happened afterwards she can only have, for better or worse, suspicions.

Jill's reaction seems to me more of surprise than of anger, and it's normal that a girl like her has difficulties to face the situation with Bella, especially because I think she knows something more about James, and so she could be particularly shocked... or at least I hope so, because two lobotomies, as well as useless, would also be excessive.

only digression from beautiful for the closure of the blackmail of Tybalt, worthy closure of a bad segment of the story, ridiculous as it was all from the beginning

at the end Jill, after having believed the threat posed by Tybalt to MC, decides that the condition of the 3 dates is written in stone, so she blows off steam (quite out of character, but now who knows what Jill's character is anymore?!) blatantly.
Now Tybalt has every reason to do everything possible to make MC's life a living hell.
fortunately it's over...

Last edited:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I think the theory started because nobody greets or even acknowledges Bella's partner on that part but her. Her boss said nothing to him and both the boss and the guy outside the library kept looking in her direction like...weird. May be a stretch, but Pinkcake seem to like plot twists so isn't out of the possibilities. :unsure:
That theory started because even dumb people are playing BaDIK. That's a younger Bella AND that library is NOT B&R's library.
Bella hasn't got library bosses at B&R.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
hm...

i watched the scene again... whoa iam on the shizo-train now too. I watched it over and over again and now iam sure... she is really hallucinating.

her boss sends her home after she heard her talking, and i think its more out of concern than anything else cause Bella could be talking to herself. And there is no reaction to the husband... ok i dont greet people i dont like too, but in this scene there has to be some reaction i think.

And in my job i have to deal with a lot of people with mental issues... some are talking to themself too. And people tend to watch them in a strange way if they do... just like the guy in the scene sitting on the bench.

and than there is the thing that the MC said in ep3 after making out with Bella in the library. "if i had know, i called for help"

yeah fuck me... it fits. Bella got some mental issues. We dont know how she lost her husband, did he just left or is there more to it... but to be left can cause some issues like that easily.

Yeah i will stick to that, iam on the shizo-train for bella now too... and in the locked room she hides maybe a kind of "refugium"

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Why so many people are speculating that every episode from now on will take 1 year?.
Ep 7 needed 5 months and ep 8 needed 7 months. How you pass from 7 to 12?.
You are asuming the worst case scenario. Ep 9 has to be released on Halloween. Every episode has to have an interlude prior to it release, both combined need 12 months.
However it could be not. IF he is tired the interlude could be a one time thing, one month work worth. Ep 9 could come on June or July and after that we could get 6 months updates.
there are two aspects that make me be pessimistic

the interlude: I think it will be released before chapter 9, so between interlude and chapter 9, I do not think we will see more next year (even without interlude I saw it difficult)

the new structure of the saves, if the chosen LI becomes so important, this will necessarily increase the length of the chapters even more, if you are faithful to Sage in the chapter there must be "a lot" of Sage, and this applies to all and this can only lengthen the time of realization

goldenrule91

Feb 26, 2021
I don't get it! It must be DPC's sense of humor and sadism towards his fans. There are TONS of custom renders of Sally in the gallery but we can't even get an over-the-pants dick rub from her in game? CMON DUDE!
No joke I sometimes think DPC is just a fucking asshole with some of the stuff I read in this thread about his attitude :HideThePain: The Others path should have been the Quinn path and everyone knows it. The game is called being a DIK but 4/5 of the paths are chick or neutral. It's been debatable for a while whether Sage is even a DIK girl but I haven't gone back to confirm whether you can get all her current content as a chick. No Sally, no Heather, the Riona stalker thing was a red herring (at least for now) and very little content with her. This fucking Swede is cucking us hard :KEK:

We'll find out about it next episode, I don't really see Jill confronting Bella about her relationship with MC and not mentioning James.
Unless DPC decides to still make their dialogue regarding Bella's past all cryptic and bullshit to keep the suspense until the last second...
I find the idea that Bella might be crazy super entertaining :KEK: But MC saw the wedding picture with her and James so James can't be imaginary right? It's possible he died and she went crazy afterwards and started hallucinating but is there really any evidence for that aside from that one library scene? Sometimes I wish the game wasn't so long so I could go replay a route and look for evidence myself without having to commit a whole afternoon. Someone on the Bella path tell me if this theory is plausible cuz I want to add it to the crackpot theories I 100% believe like Lily being a cop :BootyTime:

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes