Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Speaking for myself, I'm more concerned about the insistence we pay the price for things we haven't done.

Didn't sleep with Josy? You still have to resent her "lying" to the MC.

Hate Quinn and want to be honest with Sage? You still can't mention that "Quinn is evil" when Sage wants to plan the party.

Deliberately downplayed any romance with Jill to avoid leading her on while pursuing Bella? Jill still gets an eyeful of that hot, steamy drama.

Always played nice with Tybalt and never gave Jade the time of day? Fuck. Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck. Fuck.

It rather muddles the message about paying for the consequences of your actions, IMHO.
yeah more than once the game with its decisions feels like riding a horse... but the horse is leading the way...

No matter what choices the MC make, you dont really have any influence on the story or the drama other characters are going through... its one of some flawes the game has.

The choices only matter in the direct relationship between the characters and the MC... ok otherwise this game would be even bigger than it is right now, but yeah its just sometimes frustrating.

Reactions: Tumblingjoint

chronomate

Jun 5, 2020
OK, sorry if I've lost it in the 100s of pages since the update, but am I the only one wondering about the puzzle box? What is this thing and where did it come from? Did MC really find it in a previous episode and I somehow forgot? Can we do anything with it after it is first introduced? I'm just waiting for MC to solve the Lament Configuration and for this game to take a very abrupt turn...

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I generally agree. But it does occur to me that the MC being a Burgmeister could potentially add drama by furthering Rusty's need to stand on his own two feet. We see in Episode 8 that Rusty feels bad about disappointing his dad and is willing to go to great lengths to make it right. If Lynette was a Burgmeister and Rusty's dad insisted Rusty kick the MC out of the DIKs when he found out, it would put Rusty in the uncomfortable position of having to choose between his surrogate family and his real one.

While that might be interesting, I think it would ultimately be a bit of a downer and not all that exciting since the MC's involvement in it is tangential. But it IS a way the MC as Burgmeister could matter, which I had not considered possible before. So I figure it's worth mentioning even if I don't buy it myself.
I don't know

let's start from the fact that MC should not know his mother's surname and that Neil should think it's a good idea to send him to the college founded by her family who hates him (but Neil with his evident neurodegenerative disease may not know it either), and already it would be a huge strain on the verisimilitude

it would not be the worst thing seen so far for sure

Reactions: mojococo

*POP!*

Nov 22, 2019
Pretty sure Bella is the only one that even refers to him at all. And the dead thing is going off on the theory that some people we're having, that in the beginning of Episode 8, that her talking to husband, was imagined by her.

And even beyond that, there have always been theories that he might have been killed in war, or considered MIA, even before this new theory.

But I'm pretty sure, no one else has talked about Bella's husband. Unless Jill maybe mentioned him? There is something deeper going on with Bella, then her husband just leaving her, or something mundane like that.

Yeah, I'm sure Bella is keeping her Comatose husband in that room, like fucking Norman Osborne does to Harry in the Spiderman game. Come on, she's gone most of the day, almost every day, who's looking after him then?
As far as i know she is just at work. MC is calling her and knocking at her door many times and she is always home. Comatose need fluids, nutrients and eventually medicine. That's easy to arrange before going to work. No one else mentioned her Husband? Hmm. I will look after that.

About the comatose thing. I have just scratched that theory. Going back and looking at some scenes: After asking Jill about the locked room, she will later go to that room and try to open it herself. If my theory would be true, then Jill would definitely know about it. So, yeah. I think that's off the table.

*POP!*

Nov 22, 2019
Pretty sure Bella is the only one that even refers to him at all. And the dead thing is going off on the theory that some people we're having, that in the beginning of Episode 8, that her talking to husband, was imagined by her.

And even beyond that, there have always been theories that he might have been killed in war, or considered MIA, even before this new theory.

But I'm pretty sure, no one else has talked about Bella's husband. Unless Jill maybe mentioned him? There is something deeper going on with Bella, then her husband just leaving her, or something mundane like that.

Yeah, I'm sure Bella is keeping her Comatose husband in that room, like fucking Norman Osborne does to Harry in the Spiderman game. Come on, she's gone most of the day, almost every day, who's looking after him then?
Okey so i found the right save game and MC and Kill are actually talking about her Husband, but Jill say's that she can not make MC understand without telling him things that she shouldn't tell him. There are also Photos around the House, so Jill definetly knows whats going on. She doesn't know what's in the closed room though. I THINK the comatose theory is off the table, but I'm not 100% sure. Whatever is in this room, she is also hiding it from Jill.

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes