JB08

Aug 6, 2016
in the tasks, it says to water YOUR own nothing about the one in Jamie's room
also can we talk about the basketball mini-game in the hallway?!?! its freaking RIGGED!!! I SWEAR I get to 8 points and I land the marker in the middle and the mini-game is like FUCK YOU NOPE!!! I tried to get past 8 points for 20 tries nothing
I got twelve first try. Didnt try again when it was like 3 pixels off the center line and I missed the shot anyway.

buggs

Apr 24, 2020
Dude, It's not even that crazy that someone in MC's shoes could get away with this. I know people who do similar stuff in real life. You're acting like I'm asking for dragons and rainbow cum. You're taking this way too seriously. It's a game that's supposed to give you an outlet to your fantasies. The MC has gotten away with it so far into the game. Suddenly, it's crazy to ask for him to keep his options open?
Agreed. It feels like it's not a popular opinion here but I'm just not a fan of playing a Ren'py game 5 times to get the full content. There's only so many times I can click through a free roam event, searching around the house, and consider it fun. And I love the free roam events, but they're fun the first time. I understand why people like the idea of committing to a single love interest, but I don't think this game is gonna be as enjoyable for me personally in future chapters. And it's not like most of the LIs haven't already been outlandishly naive for the first eight chapters.

goldenrule91

Feb 26, 2021
Meanwhile, on my Sarah :love: path, a pleasant surprise...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I really hope she'll have more space in future updates.
Uh oh blurred out name, someone's self-inserting and not using the canon Fuckface name :KEK: I always imagined Sarah to have a bit of a husky voice, super sexy.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
I've downloaded the new 0.8.2 version from the DropMeFiles link in the OP. I didn't have any trouble unzipping it but when I try to run it this message appears :

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.
error: Error -3 while decompressing data: unknown compression method

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/private/var/folders/x2/0470f4515rz7yvg2_42tg63r0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/F924287B-A7B2-49D5-B01F-C42C6CD8D8AE/d/BeingADIK 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/private/var/folders/x2/0470f4515rz7yvg2_42tg63r0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/F924287B-A7B2-49D5-B01F-C42C6CD8D8AE/d/BeingADIK 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 417, in main
renpy.loader.index_archives()
File "/private/var/folders/x2/0470f4515rz7yvg2_42tg63r0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/F924287B-A7B2-49D5-B01F-C42C6CD8D8AE/d/BeingADIK 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loader.py", line 244, in index_archives
index = handler.read_index(f)
File "/private/var/folders/x2/0470f4515rz7yvg2_42tg63r0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/F924287B-A7B2-49D5-B01F-C42C6CD8D8AE/d/BeingADIK 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loader.py", line 129, in read_index
index = loads(zlib.decompress(infile.read()))
error: Error -3 while decompressing data: unknown compression method

Darwin-21.1.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178

Any suggestions on how to solve this? Cause I don't know if it's possible to fix it or I should uninstall it and download it from another link again
You mean 0.8.0 I suppose.
I don't know if the Mac version posted on Dropmefiles is any good. I dowloaded the windows version with the torrent and build the mac version myself.
I don't mind downloading the Mac version now to see if I got the same error, but that will take a while (in fact, a really long while)
Sorry that I can't be more helpful.

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
Man, this Tara is such an eye candy. I wish she was introduced from episode 1.
It was fun but meh there are side girls then there are "siide girls" they sort of fit in the bracket of those that dream about the MC's D and hear all the stories. Background characters basically. However they ain't cool enough to get a chance at it, Sarah is probably messing with them and may have even charged them $$$$$ to use the glory hole... RIP Oliver

Meanwhile, on my Sarah :love: path, a pleasant surprise...
I really hope she'll have more space in future updates.
All these bitches be snitches :LUL: I'm surprised Jade hasn't told someone she's banging the MC at this rate

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: goldenrule91

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I don't know

let's start from the fact that MC should not know his mother's surname and that Neil should think it's a good idea to send him to the college founded by her family who hates him (but Neil with his evident neurodegenerative disease may not know it either), and already it would be a huge strain on the verisimilitude

it would not be the worst thing seen so far for sure
I agree, I'm not saying it would make sense for the MC not to already know (and comment) about the connection. I'm just saying it IS a way the connection could be used to serve a dramatic effect, which I had not considered possible previously.

a good light-hearted speculation?

Maya's problem will be quickly resolved by Sage's parents. We imagine the worst because of what the MC has done, but let's not forget that it is not the MC who comes to ask for help.

It is Sage, their daughter, who asks for help, not even for herself but for someone else. Considering their position at college, it shouldn't be at all complicated for them to find a solution for Maya.

I think during episode 9 Maya will be freed from her father.
Actually, I imagine the worst because we (the audience) know Burke is a sleazy piece of shit and if he learns why Maya needs the money he would be in an excellent position to blackmail her (for real, not the toothless Tybalt-style blackmail we just suffered through). I'm confident DPC wouldn't go through with such a scheme to the end, but he'd sure as hell wring some drama out of it first and I'm not anxious to see that.

Still, I like your starry-eyed optimism! Here's hoping! :D

Otherwise to compare AL and BaDik (and be a little reassured). The story of AL revolves around fate and chance. The drama of the end of the game is unthinkable and inevitable. It does happen, but the player and the MC had no way to predict and avoid it. The whole story is like that. The story begins with the fate that sends the MC to this store at the time of a robbery. It's chance or fate (we call it what we want) that makes the best friend sick, and that takes everything together.
In BaDiK, that's not it (no offense to Jill), we are on a story that revolves around action / reaction, or to put it another way, we harvest what we sow. We have and we will have dramas that are not linked to the actions of the player / MC, but that we can solve by our actions (for example Maya's problems with her father). And we will have possible tragedies because of what we did.
Perhaps. I'd argue AL seemed to be about our choices as well, until DPC dropped the boom on us. How BaDIK seems at the moment only goes so far.

I don't think BaDIK is going to do anything as dark as what AL did, but I'm more concerned about the means than the end. My problem with AL was never the choice itself. That sucked, but could have been a strength of the game if it had been handled correctly. My problem is that the choice wasn't adequately tied into the game itself by theme or by narrative. It was just something that happened completely out of the blue and knocked the final act of the game into an entirely different genre.

When I see DPC forcing us into an ill-fitting crossroads only to immediately introduce a whole new romantic complication in the closing montage, I worry that we're going to wind up overriding the fun parts of BaDIK that led us here so that DPC can tell the next part of his story. I don't want to start jumping at shadows, but I'm nervous.

Last edited:

loytre

Jun 13, 2018
The way the MC breaks off the other relationships with girls is just so heartless and unrealistic. It seems so fake after everything they've been through. He's been building these relationships intensely for months, and then he tells them, "I found someone else. Okay, bye." It's just a weird way to end it. Seems very rushed.

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
a good light-hearted speculation?

Maya's problem will be quickly resolved by Sage's parents. We imagine the worst because of what the MC has done, but let's not forget that it is not the MC who comes to ask for help.

It is Sage, their daughter, who asks for help, not even for herself but for someone else. Considering their position at college, it shouldn't be at all complicated for them to find a solution for Maya.

I think during episode 9 Maya will be freed from her father.

Otherwise to compare AL and BaDik (and be a little reassured). The story of AL revolves around fate and chance. The drama of the end of the game is unthinkable and inevitable. It does happen, but the player and the MC had no way to predict and avoid it. The whole story is like that. The story begins with the fate that sends the MC to this store at the time of a robbery. It's chance or fate (we call it what we want) that makes the best friend sick, and that takes everything together.
In BaDiK, that's not it (no offense to Jill), we are on a story that revolves around action / reaction, or to put it another way, we harvest what we sow. We have and we will have dramas that are not linked to the actions of the player / MC, but that we can solve by our actions (for example Maya's problems with her father). And we will have possible tragedies because of what we did.
The help might not be the issue. We know Stephen is a scumbag creep. My immediate through was, is Burke going to try to weasel in some kind of "extra carricular activities" through some sort of blackmail, like going to her dad for plot reasons to ruin her life in exchange for financial help.

Season 3 begins with the gang meeting Stephen. Stephen agrees making him look like a savior to everyone. Later Stephen randomly asks Maya to meet up to talk about the arrangement more in private. Stephen tries to blackmail Maya with her dad issues because he's a dirty scumbag.

At the end of season 2, no one is strongly suspicious that Stephen is a massive creep at least from the group of MC, Sage, Josy, Maya. Josy having women's intuition feeling that something isn't right, but it doesn't imply she knows Stephen is an actual scumbag.

Also Josy mentioning this doesn't feel right, doesn't feel like a throwaway line. I strongly don't think Stephen is going to help Maya no strings attached.

ArmoredCascade

Sep 27, 2018
i got my long waited ending i wanted right from the start i picked Jill during the montage of the ending it showed a pregnancy test is that for Jill?

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
If we talk about new girls in episode 8, I think this one is the best and (spoiler ep 8.), as its shown in a previous lewd scene in the dorm, her body is like the one of a Victoria's Secret model.
I frankly prefer her looks over the ones of the main LIs (except Josy maybe). I hope we'll see her again.

Jul 13, 2018
All I can say is that something different happened on the date because we were not shown how she made Tylbat cry. A question is what happened?
i hope the game keeps not having NTR i get it we didn't choose Jill blah blah blah but in my case i am in everyone path i have a save for everyone and seeing them with somebody else will not be good. What i usually do is fully skip without looking at the story when is somebody else path i read a girl path and when another girl that is a LI shows up i switch my save to the save of that girl path i skip everything until i reach where her path starts dont even care about reading the differences after that i do that girl path and switch again skip everything to don't see what changes different LIs path bring to the other LIs and i keep doing that until the end so if for some reason dev puts Jill with somebody else i won't even read it i hit skip and only see Jill scenes in her path

• Angry
Reactions: DarkKiller

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
i hope the game keeps not having NTR i get it we didn't choose Jill blah blah blah but in my case i am in everyone path i have a save for everyone and seeing them with somebody else will not be good. What i usually do is fully skip without looking at the story when is somebody else path i read a girl path and when another girl that is a LI shows up i switch my save to the save of that girl path i skip everything until i reach where her path starts dont even care about reading the differences after that i do that girl path and switch again skip everything to don't see what changes different LIs path bring to the other LIs and i keep doing that until the end so if for some reason dev puts Jill with somebody else i won't even read it i hit skip and only see Jill scenes in her path
There can be good narrative reasons for rejected LI's to involve in other relationships. For example, Josy + Maya without MC, Jill + matured Rusty, Bella + the severed head of James, Sage + the gangbang squad, etc.

wakkawalla

Mar 7, 2021
If we talk about new girls in episode 8, I think this one is the best and (spoiler ep 8.), as its shown in a previous lewd scene in the dorm, her body is like the one of a Victoria's Secret model.
I frankly prefer her looks over the ones of the main LIs (except Josy maybe). I hope we'll see her again.
yeah she looked great with two dicks in her.

41a76350

Nov 21, 2021
i got my long waited ending i wanted right from the start i picked Jill during the montage of the ending it showed a pregnancy test is that for Jill?
Quinn was selling fake birth control (sugar pills) to Dawe so I thought it could be Arieth. It could also be Ashley, Heather, Sally or even Elena. It's not Jill's test for sure.

bigboi2923

Aug 24, 2018
It's a shame DPC isn't interested in making BaDIK as dark as Acting Lessons, because there are some potentially very dark endings for Quinn, everyone involved in her Prostitution ring , and possibly Isabella & Tommy too.

A lot of things are getting retconned, mostly to appease to the masses, because I think if DPC fully explored the narrative he initially set up, the game would be getting a lot more negative reviews

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes