rambo316

Sep 4, 2021
I finally got around to playing ep. 8, so here are my first impressions. I haven't kept up with any postings, reviews, theories, etc. on the forum, so this is an unfiltered, unhinged, stream of consciousness view.

-Wall of Text Warning-

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Always use the compressed torrent file my friend, it is by far the fastest/easiest way to downloading this game from now on.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
On my first run with Sage, I absolutely hated it and would have rated the episode a 2/5 ( :p take that Sage) if I didn't play any other routes. I was already miffed because of my technical problems and then Sage's content really annoyed me. She is all over the board with her behaviour. Season 1 Sage is dead and episode 8 finally killed her, the coup de grâce. The chickification is complete. Sage is a book worm chick who apparently now does threesomes like it's just a regular Tuesday. If that wasn't enough...my Sage, my fuck buddy, who couldn't get enough in season 1, blue balled me twice in ep. 8. When she finally does let loose, it was during the threesome, which is completely out of character for her. Group sex isn't my kink and it felt forced, but I guess it's inevitable when there are so many characters. Even Jill had more meaningful one-on-one sex than Sage did in ep. 8, WTF!? When it came time for the "choice" I promptly and resolutely rejected Sage and went with 'Others.' That's right, my ginger waifu from the beginning has plummeted completely off my scale. Physically, she is still my ideal but her wildly shifting schizo behaviour from one episode to the next is baffling. And a word about Quinn. I know a lot of people may find the Quinn content (of trying to warm her up to PDAs) endearing but I find it terribly uninteresting. Her scenes were a disappointment.
YES!

varage

Jun 26, 2019
Now you got me, I can't really remember if Zoey left after the last year of highschool or before that, because during the summer right before uni started the mc pretty much fell head over heels for Josy. If his relationship with Zoey was so important he wouldn't start looking for other girls right after she left.
It was before, she dropped out and left and or was older then him and finished before he did. But she left while he was still in highschool. "I couldn't go with her i decided to stay and finish high school it was the right thing to do."

Reactions: Hermith

Niu6609

Apr 28, 2021
Right, finished my first playthrough of the new episode, and compared to the previous ones, IMO this one felt more carefree, relaxed and light-hearted. Almost like the calm before the storm. Now I haven't played through the Jill, Bella and M&J routes yet, only the Sage route so far, but that's the overall vibe I got after I made it to the credits.

I can imagine Tybalt trying his best to persuade Stephen and Jade to reject any requests for help because of his bruised, battered puny ego after not only being turned down, but also swore at and downright humiliated at a fancy restaurant. (DEFINITELY ONE OF MY FAVOURITE PARTS IN THIS EPISODE HANDS DOWN! Loved seeing the tears run down his face and the New Jersey confetti dude.)

screenshot0192.png

And also as derived from the episode name, we're finally being forced to pick just one love interest to truly focus on, and I'm curious as to how that mechanic is gonna be applied starting next season since it'll probably be up to 4 episodes long, with each episode providing a significant amount of play-time to the game. I'm curious as to what direction DPC will take the focused LI mechanic to and if there'll be big decisions that affect the MC just like the affinity choices since there's a chance of having obtained permanent affinity, thus limiting our potential choices towards certain situations.

Personally, I loved the Sage route and how you could actually see how close the MC was getting with Sage with her subtle gestures and changes in expressions at times. I'm honestly still enamored by her after all this time. I also think it was smart of her to not straight-up mention that she heard that Chad's gay since it could potentially harm the MC or Sarah and Melanie (he'd probably pin them as the prime suspects anyway). But I'm also a little disappointed that the "Chad is gay" thing doesn't really cause much of an impact this episode since it's huge information after all, and with the cliffhanger from the last episode, you'd think something bigger would happen. Oh well, can't have 'em all I guess.

I've only played through the episode once, so I'll refrain from making any more comments about it until I've played through it a couple of times on different routes to properly gauge if this episode has any plotholes or discrepancies with the previous ones. Though I will say that it provided an amazing and enjoyable experience the first time around.

In any case, no one likes Dawe. #FUCKYOUDAWE

screenshot0185.png screenshot0178.png

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I finally got around to playing ep. 8, so here are my first impressions. I haven't kept up with any postings, reviews, theories, etc. on the forum, so this is an unfiltered, unhinged, stream of consciousness view.

-Wall of Text Warning-

Episode 8 was my second long wait for the game. When I discovered BaDIK I binged 5 episodes straight for he first time and immediately started playing it again with different approaches. I was absolutely fucking hooked.

Episode 6 came out within a month so I was spared the agony, and I loved episode 6 as much as the previous episodes and then came my first excruciating 6 month (or whatever it was) wait.

When 7 came out I was somewhat deflated (after the ep6 Nicole and Sandy scene, Ep7 had the Madame to offer!), but I was still able to play it through multiple times and it grew on me and slotted in well with the rest of the game.

Now, after having hyped ourselves up for 7 months, episode 8 comes along and it's impossible for it to deliver on everything we desired, so once again the initial feeling for me was slightly deflated. After a few more playthroughs I'm content with it and once again, foolishly hyped for the next episode.

The bottom line: Playing these games in bits and pieces is, I believe, detrimental to the game. There are heaps of other games here that have great potential and may end up being great, but I can't be bothered playing them anymore (that includes City of Broken Dreamers) because they don't deliver on enough each time.

Even though BaDIK delivers an outstanding amount of content each episode, it still falls into the same category. Every last one of these games would be better played in one go (over a few weeks or whatever) from start to finish, rather than stopping and starting stretched out over years.

Personally, I'm thinking I might drop the long wait and forget about the game for a while, which may result in forgetting about it for a few years. Then one day, remember it again, pick it up and enjoy the whole experience. And that goes for all the cool games on this site. These days I just scroll through the "Completed" list.

Jul 17, 2020
ever since that flashback in the cafeteria, i really think the return of Zoey, the first best friend turned ex-lover is inevitable, cliche, that's how it is, even in Acting Lessons, the ex lover came back, and its up to DPC how he'll gonna sell Zoey to non-fans, but for the MC and his chosen LI/s, Zoey's gonna shake up their world.

unidentified000

Apr 23, 2021
Right, finished my first playthrough of the new episode, and compared to the previous ones, IMO this one felt more carefree, relaxed and light-hearted. Almost like the calm before the storm. Now I haven't played through the Jill, Bella and M&J routes yet, only the Sage route so far, but that's the overall vibe I got after I made it to the credits.

I can imagine Tybalt trying his best to persuade Stephen and Jade to reject any requests for help because of his bruised, battered puny ego after not only being turned down, but also swore at and downright humiliated at a fancy restaurant. (DEFINITELY ONE OF MY FAVOURITE PARTS IN THIS EPISODE HANDS DOWN! Loved seeing the tears run down his face and the New Jersey confetti dude.)

View attachment 1519088

And also as derived from the episode name, we're finally being forced to pick just one love interest to truly focus on, and I'm curious as to how that mechanic is gonna be applied starting next season since it'll probably be up to 4 episodes long, with each episode providing a significant amount of play-time to the game. I'm curious as to what direction DPC will take the focused LI mechanic to and if there'll be big decisions that affect the MC just like the affinity choices since there's a chance of having obtained permanent affinity, thus limiting our potential choices towards certain situations.

Personally, I loved the Sage route and how you could actually see how close the MC was getting with Sage with her subtle gestures and changes in expressions at times. I'm honestly still enamored by her after all this time. I also think it was smart of her to not straight-up mention that she heard that Chad's gay since it could potentially harm the MC or Sarah and Melanie (he'd probably pin them as the prime suspects anyway). But I'm also a little disappointed that the "Chad is gay" thing doesn't really cause much of an impact this episode since it's huge information after all, and with the cliffhanger from the last episode, you'd think something bigger would happen. Oh well, can't have 'em all I guess.

I've only played through the episode once, so I'll refrain from making any more comments about it until I've played through it a couple of times on different routes to properly gauge if this episode has any plotholes or discrepancies with the previous ones. Though I will say that it provided an amazing and enjoyable experience the first time around.

In any case, no one likes Dawe. #FUCKYOUDAWE

View attachment 1519093 View attachment 1519094
LOL. That Tibalt scene was the funniest part of the entire episode.

anonbaggins

Mar 20, 2019
Unzip the files then open your save folder. If you have trouble locating your folder for your platform then this link should help.

After you open your save folder, drag the files (Not the folders themselves) into the save folder and it should work.

Hope this helps!!
Thanks for the link... but unfortunately it didn't work for me. :( ... "The folder can't be found".

I'm on a Mac if that makes a difference.

crugh2112

Oct 9, 2017
OK, have made 7 or 8 saves with everyone ready for the next chapter except for Jill. Has anyone been able to wrap up Jill by running as a neutral character without cheating on her? Is it worth the try or should I go full Chick to get her? (I never tried to be neutral.)

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
OK, have made 7 or 8 saves with everyone ready for the next chapter except for Jill. Has anyone been able to wrap up Jill by running as a neutral character without cheating on her? Is it worth the try or should I go full Chick to get her? (I never tried to be neutral.)
Jill is not worth it since her path requires you to abandon a sick friend at a time of need. She deserves Tybalt.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Episode 8 was my second long wait for the game. When I discovered BaDIK I binged 5 episodes straight for he first time and immediately started playing it again with different approaches. I was absolutely fucking hooked.

Episode 6 came out within a month so I was spared the agony, and I loved episode 6 as much as the previous episodes and then came my first excruciating 6 month (or whatever it was) wait.

When 7 came out I was somewhat deflated (after the ep6 Nicole and Sandy scene, Ep7 had the Madame to offer!), but I was still able to play it through multiple times and it grew on me and slotted in well with the rest of the game.

Now, after having hyped ourselves up for 7 months, episode 8 comes along and it's impossible for it to deliver on everything we desired, so once again the initial feeling for me was slightly deflated. After a few more playthroughs I'm content with it and once again, foolishly hyped for the next episode.

The bottom line: Playing these games in bits and pieces is, I believe, detrimental to the game. There are heaps of other games here that have great potential and may end up being great, but I can't be bothered playing them anymore (that includes City of Broken Dreamers) because they don't deliver on enough each time.

Even though BaDIK delivers an outstanding amount of content each episode, it still falls into the same category. Every last one of these games would be better played in one go (over a few weeks or whatever) from start to finish, rather than stopping and starting stretched out over years.

Personally, I'm thinking I might drop the long wait and forget about the game for a while, which may result in forgetting about it for a few years. Then one day, remember it again, pick it up and enjoy the whole experience. And that goes for all the cool games on this site. These days I just scroll through the "Completed" list.
I agree, the Patreon (or Subscribestar for that matter) method of supporting and marketing Indie games has a lot of drawbacks and, I think, is ultimately detrimental to Indie Games.

We've often discussed the writing in BaDIK and other games. Every good writer I've met or even heard of has stressed the importance of re-writing to correct mistakes and tighten the story, and that's next to impossible with the episodic development that the games currently have.

This whole situation reminds me of Comicsgate and the crowdfunding of comic books on Indiegogo. Long development cycles are becoming a problem there too. There is some reason for optimism though, some of the creators having gotten a few campaign's under their belt's have built up enough capital to propose completing a comic before offering it to the public. Maybe we'll see the same with indie games?

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018

No! Bad Shaz! No!
I understand your frustration with having to wait half a year or more for an update with high expectations only to be let down in some way by something. I get it bro. I've been waiting for answers to questions I've had since episode 3 which was 5 episodes ago and have been hopeful of having content in a future episode only to be smacked down to earth. We were kinda made aware by how this would go once we figured out DPC's writing style in AL so it's not that big of a shock for me.
It's hard to stay invested in a story when each update takes longer and longer though. At least DPC delivers substantially more and on a relatively consistent scale unlike a lot of other games I've played here. However, as a community, we can't lose you here bud. You add a lot to this thread. So...you're not allowed to leave. Just sayin.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
I agree, the Patreon (or Subscribestar for that matter) method of supporting and marketing Indie games has a lot of drawbacks and, I think, is ultimately detrimental to Indie Games.

We've often discussed the writing in BaDIK and other games. Every good writer I've met or even heard of has stressed the importance of re-writing to correct mistakes and tighten the story, and that's next to impossible with the episodic development that the games currently have.

This whole situation reminds me of Comicsgate and the crowdfunding of comic books on Indiegogo. Long development cycles are becoming a problem there too. There is some reason for optimism though, some of the creators having gotten a few campaign's under their belt's have built up enough capital to propose completing a comic before offering it to the public. Maybe we'll see the same with indie games?
The first time i played BAD it was quite late and episode 6 was the current one and fortunately for me episode 7 went out just in time so i could just go on.
So i played the game 6 times with various choices from start to end of Ch 7 in one playthrough each time.
I perfectly understand that playing ch 8 in a few days for me will certainly be a little underwhelming as i had so much time imagining things.
I also hate to play those games by bits and pieces, with each new update you need time to remember what was going on, what i choose for what reason and i tend to get bored and i start to go quickly through without really getting into it.

Some games with a good story need to be played in one time to really enjoy, of course if it's just a wanking game for thirsty teenagers it's not so important i guess!!:ROFLMAO:

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes