redraw

Apr 6, 2019
There's a handful of little interactions on there which always raise to my mind the tension between esoterism and accessibility.

It's so rewarding finding those unexpected little developments. It's difficult to not want to ultimately devalue them by ferreting them out.

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
How do I change what the girls call me in the replay menu? Don't get me wrong, Stevan is a fine name, but...
Loading a save, changing all the pet names in the phone, and then saving again doesn't work, I tried that, but I'm still called Stevan in the gallery.
Changing the name stated in the gallery will require you to start a new game and get to the point where you name your MC. After you name him, save there, and exit to the main menu. Try playing a scene from the gallery again. Hope this helps!!

J.A.L.

Nov 27, 2021
No, I couldn't disagree more.

There's a debate going on right now over on the Dating My Daughter thread. If you're not familiar with it DMD was once one of the most popular games on this forum but that was when it was only about two chapters. If you were to play it now I think you would find that the entire 3rd and 4th chapters are a huge let down from the first two. In fact they're repetitive and boring.

To put it in terms of popular TV shows just compare something like Breaking Bad, where the creators fought hard against pressure from the network to extend the series, to something like Game of Thrones which completely went off the rails in it's later seasons.

When a story is done it's done. Trying to milk it for more money or pander to fan's that can't let it go only diminishes the quality of the original work.
Yeah, you are totally right. In a perfect world, there would be monthly updates of BDIK and the game would maintain the quality for years and years, but that´s not possible, at least the part of the game maintaining the quality. That´s not how creativity works. Writers get bored of writing the same story for a long time and run out of ideas. For example, in videogames, CD Projek Red decided to stop doing games about Geralt of Rivia even when Witcher III was a massive success because they were tired after 3 games with the same characters, and needed a change. That change didn´t went well, but that´s another story.

I think that, if DPK is going to make an interlude about the ex-girlfriend of the MC maybe is because he needs to take a rest of those characters and world, and write about new characters, places and situations. I can relate with that, although I´m not really interested in the life of the ex-girlfriend of the MC.

Reactions: Leo17

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Yeah, you are totally right. In a perfect world, there would be monthly updates of BDIK and the game would maintain the quality for years and years, but that´s not possible, at least the part of the game maintaining the quality. That´s not how creativity works. Writers get bored of writing the same story for a long time and run out of ideas. For example, in videogames, CD Projek Red decided to stop doing games about Geralt of Rivia even when Witcher III was a massive success because they were tired after 3 games with the same characters, and needed a change. That change didn´t went well, but that´s another story.

I think that, if DPK is going to make an interlude about the ex-girlfriend of the MC maybe is because he needs to take a rest of those characters and world, and write about new characters, places and situations. I can relate with that, although I´m not really interested in the life of the ex-girlfriend of the MC.
I beg to differ, but in a perfect world, Jill would be under my desk sucking my dick right now. Just saying...

J.A.L.

Nov 27, 2021
Yes, there is an attractive element to DPC's games, he can create characters that we all fall in love with. But he just doesn't possess the story telling talent to tell the story of that love.
Agree. Most of the devs of H-games think that to create a good character is to find a good 3D model with good tits and ass, and that´s all. The 3D models of DPC are not so good, actually. Most of them have bodies so exaggerated that don´t even look human. Probably Jill and Bella are the worst, with those huge melons and pumpkins, and ultra tiny waists. It´s the writing what makes those characters great. They have defined personalities, the dialogues are interesting and witty, the situations can be either extremely sexy or romantic and cute... That´s the strong point of DPC in terms of writing.

But the story is not so good. It´s a lot of clichés of old movies of the 80´s and 90´ like "American Pie" or "National Lampoon" with plotlines of soap operas and the morals of the egemonic "progressive" agenda, that is being imposed in most countries of the western civilization. Nothing really interesting.

And the worst is, it´s way more difficult to write a script for a videogame than for a TV show, for example. If the writer wants to give choices to the player, the MC can´t have a well defined personality, and he has to write situations and scenes that fit well in all the different paths and plotlines. And that´s simply impossible, even for a profesional screen writer. That´s why there are a lot of situations that don´t make a lot of sense. Actually, make sense in one path, but DPC has to introduce them with shoehorn in other paths too in order of not having to make 4 or 5 totally different games, and it doesn´t work.

I enjoy the characters, the dialogues, the jokes and most of the scenes and situations, but every single gameplay I find moments in which I have to say "WTF is this? This doesn´t makes any sense". But I think it can´t be avoided in a H-game that is not just a VN in which the plot goes on rails.

Hermith

Feb 13, 2018
Agree. Most of the devs of H-games think that to create a good character is to find a good 3D model with good tits and ass, and that´s all. The 3D models of DPC are not so good, actually. Most of them have bodies so exaggerated that don´t even look human. Probably Jill and Bella are the worst, with those huge melons and pumpkins, and ultra tiny waists. It´s the writing what makes those characters great. They have defined personalities, the dialogues are interesting and witty, the situations can be either extremely sexy or romantic and cute... That´s the strong point of DPC in terms of writing.
I couldn't agree more. It's crazy how he can create so many likeable characters. I mean some of my favorites are just side characters like Riona, but even they have their own personalities, quirks and these details make them appealing. :)

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
Well, because Josy looks like and is of the size of an hamster. :HideThePain:
Hmm i only knew of Jill the Raccoon (Mightiest superhero with an actual army)... now i know of Josy the Hamster, feel like i'm just finding out about some secret superhero names in Justice League :KEK:

I wonder if there is a list somewhere on these 8K pages of all characters and their "superhero names" :unsure:

J.A.L.

Nov 27, 2021
always thought early sage looked like a giant praying mantis that fell over the grapefruit display at the fruit market.
View attachment 1522444
I love Sage´s path, and I love her face, but the body is out of proportion. There is no way that waist can contain her internal organs. She seems about to bend in half and not being able to straighten up again. I don´t get why DPC don´t create more realistic bodies. Just a bit more of fat in those waists and the bodies of most of the characters would be perfect.

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes