MasterBlaxter

Nov 10, 2017
I think we've more or less cleaned out the bones at this point. :D
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think we've covered the major points too :cool: Always nice to discuss things with someone as willing to get into the weeds about the topic as I am.

It seems to me we're doing similar things with different girls - you're willing to overlook the blackmail nonsense and take Jill for who she is beyond that, and I couldn't care less about the rebound guy mess or the cheap on-ramp Sage has to deal with and enjoy the relationship between her and the MC for what it's supposed to be. I would say that the reason the MC doesn't want to stay FWBs with Sage is because he wants to be more than that with her, and Sage probably isn't at the point where she'd admit it but she absolutely wants more than that with the MC too. But Sage's route has a real problem with labels to begin with. I can at least understand where you're coming from there, even if I still don't agree with your take on it.

I will say that the existence of the on-ramp worries me more than the rebound guy shit does. Not on Sage's behalf, but on account of the fact that if we have 8 more episodes to go I suspect Sage won't be the only one who ends up with a sudden 'oh hey you can just start this relationship now' button. If Jill ever gets something similar it's going to make Sage's look downright reasonable.

I do agree with your Tybalt take, for what that's worth. I'd just point out that we know how AL ended, and we know DPC is fully willing to do something similar again. So time will prove the merits of our arguments on that one.

I think my next step is to take some time and scratch out a half-dozen or so thoughts on Quinn. That'll be fun. Sociopathic little shit needs some consideration up in here.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
So this has probably been discussed before, but the HOT's "Free Tuition", and the "Mona Scholarship"... I mean we all kinda assume that's the same thing, part of some dodge deal that Burke is doing with Quinn.

But in the news article (with "Tibalt" and the "Texas Chess Massacre"), the article on the Burkes touches on the scholarships and there's Stephen's denial that anything is expected of the student receiving the scholarship:

"...To address the recent concerns raised about the scholarships being quid pro quo between the donors and acceptors, Burke promptly replies: No. Never. That's preposterous. The student may be introduced to the donor, but there are no obligations they need to fulfil after accepting the scholarship..."

From our perspective, this simply draws attention to the free tuition again, and that Burke is the one pulling the strings. If it really is a scholarship that is paid for, these "donors" could be a conglomerate of old horny bastards who know Stephen and all put a share in to receive a share in the "perks".

That said, if real money is changing hands, it's interesting to consider the logistics:
  • Maya's course, as an example, is about 40K (assuming a 4 year course at 5K a semester,- mc mentioned his 5K would just about cover a semester of Maya's course),
  • The mc paid a premium price for a threesome with Quinn and Riona ($500 - he mentions he took that from his own college expenses and repaid it from the 5K),
  • Lets assume the girls are going at half the rate of the Quinn threesome to these old geezers, so $250 a fuck
  • So it means each girl needs to be fucked 160 times across their duration of their course, basically fucking one of these old blokes roughly every 10 days, for 4 years straight.
Mona was probably right to bail.

On the other side of the coin, why would these horny old fuckers for these skanks?

dmgab

Jun 25, 2019
Just completed my first playthrough and was wondering if anyone had a save file with all the scenes unlocked as I'm far to lazy to play the whole thing out again.
There is a gallery unlocker in the first page. I will advise not to use it. This game is the best there is. Just turn off mini-games, thats probably the most time consuming part besides the free roams. Theres gonna be 8+ months to wait until episode 9 arrives so you have time to explore. Use the official walkthrough if you are feeling lost...some scenes have "special" requirements.

Last edited:

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
I definitely did not show the tape to the DIKs... yet still I remember at a chapter ending scene Burke saw us on surveillance ( ? ) ... but I don't care either way it's you guys who analyse this game on a visceral level :LOL::ROFLMAO::KEK:
Odd, because that definitely didn't happen when I didn't show it.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
So this has probably been discussed before, but the HOT's "Free Tuition", and the "Mona Scholarship"... I mean we all kinda assume that's the same thing, part of some dodge deal that Burke is doing with Quinn.

But in the news article (with "Tibalt" and the "Texas Chess Massacre"), the article on the Burkes touches on the scholarships and there's Stephen's denial that anything is expected of the student receiving the scholarship:

"...To address the recent concerns raised about the scholarships being quid pro quo between the donors and acceptors, Burke promptly replies: No. Never. That's preposterous. The student may be introduced to the donor, but there are no obligations they need to fulfil after accepting the scholarship..."

From our perspective, this simply draws attention to the free tuition again, and that Burke is the one pulling the strings. If it really is a scholarship that is paid for, these "donors" could be a conglomerate of old horny bastards who know Stephen and all put a share in to receive a share in the "perks".

That said, if real money is changing hands, it's interesting to consider the logistics:
  • Maya's course, as an example, is about 40K (assuming a 4 year course at 5K a semester,- mc mentioned his 5K would just about cover a semester of Maya's course),
  • The mc paid a premium price for a threesome with Quinn and Riona ($500 - he mentions he took that from his own college expenses and repaid it from the 5K),
  • Lets assume the girls are going at half the rate of the Quinn threesome to these old geezers, so $250 a fuck
  • So it means each girl needs to be fucked 160 times across their duration of their course, basically fucking one of these old blokes roughly every 10 days, for 4 years straight.
Mona was probably right to bail.

On the other side of the coin, why would these horny old fuckers for these skanks?
I don't think it's such a high-end prostitution ring.

If someone like Camilla limits herself to the glory holes, which until proven otherwise are only internal to the college, I don't see all this coming and going of rich people.

the accounts naturally don't add up and won't add up.... :ROFLMAO:

spl00sh321

Mar 5, 2020
Need help. I'm playing on android with mods. My main LI is Bella. After our date at her place there is a free raom at dorm, then mom dairy scene and after that I go back to Bella's place again and again. Anyone else had sam problem and hiw did it fix/passt it? Thank you.

spl00sh321

Mar 5, 2020
Unofficial Android Port for :

Being a DIK [v0.8.0] [Dr PinkCake] + Scrappy's Mod

Download Mod Apk [Scrappy's Mod]

Download Mod Apk + Obb [Scrappy's Mod]

Download Apk

Download Apk + Obb

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

if you liked my work, support on Patreon.

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.
Hi BrandyYT! I run in to a loop during playing a game. Part with Bella's house date. After that there is free roam at dorn and then scene with mom's dairy. Right after it it bringsme back to Bella's hose date again and again. Ty.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
I don't think it's such a high-end prostitution ring.

If someone like Camilla limits herself to the glory holes, which until proven otherwise are only internal to the college, I don't see all this coming and going of rich people.

the accounts naturally don't add up and won't add up.... :ROFLMAO:
It's absolutely a high end prostitution ring. It's coming, count on it. Because, if the money for the scholarships was just missing completely, that WOULD get noticed, and pretty quick. But having the quid-pro-quo aspect of rich donors paying for the girls, that could be kept secret for a lot longer. I mean, hey, the money is all above board, right, so all the nefarious stuff is easy to keep quiet.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
After such cheap plot twists as the one that Sage is the adopted daughter of the Burkes, the probability that Neil is not the Tremolo's own father becomes so high that I am almost sure of it. The author hints at this more and more clearly.
1) In the introduction of the game says that family is not only a blood relationship. At first I thought it was about Dik's brotherhood, but after the 8th episode and the trends of the soap opera, this introduction is the obvious and main proof.
2) Sage is an adopted daughter.
3) Louis says that MC is like a mother, not a father.
4) Neil gets confused in his memories of Lynette
5) In his memories he behaves like Derek and it doesn't look like Lynette likes him
6)She ran away not because she liked Neil, but because she was pregnant and Neil, as a friend, decided to take her in for a while?
Another question is who can be the real father of MC. Burke will be of course too simple and cheap choice. I would bet on Rusty's father, because their relationship is more and more like a brotherly one. Rusty really behaves like an older brother towards Tremolo, cares about him and is interested in his opinion. Of course, this is just a guess since we didn't see Rusty's father and he was in the background. This is clearly not Royce, in which case we would have fallen into the incest trap.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
I don't think it's her, but she could be. Your assuming that test would have been from just after she left? She could have gotten pregnant recently and the father decided to abandon them and that why she came back to her roots, or perhaps to her parents for help.
I'm explaining why it can't be the mc's kid.

drpavelcia

Aug 19, 2018
After such cheap plot twists as the one that Sage is the adopted daughter of the Burkes, the probability that Neil is not the Tremolo's own father becomes so high that I am almost sure of it. The author hints at this more and more clearly.
1) In the introduction of the game says that family is not only a blood relationship. At first I thought it was about Dik's brotherhood, but after the 8th episode and the trends of the soap opera, this introduction is the obvious and main proof.
2) Sage is an adopted daughter.
3) Louis says that MC is like a mother, not a father.
4) Neil gets confused in his memories of Lynette
5) In his memories he behaves like Derek and it doesn't look like Lynette likes him
6)She ran away not because she liked Neil, but because she was pregnant and Neil, as a friend, decided to take her in for a while?
Another question is who can be the real father of MC. Burke will be of course too simple and cheap choice. I would bet on Rusty's father, because their relationship is more and more like a brotherly one. Rusty really behaves like an older brother towards Tremolo, cares about him and is interested in his opinion. Of course, this is just a guess since we didn't see Rusty's father and he was in the background. This is clearly not Royce, in which case we would have fallen into the incest trap.
He also looks just like Derek, and nothing like MC

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
I would bet on Rusty's father, because their relationship is more and more like a brotherly one. Rusty really behaves like an older brother towards Tremolo, cares about him and is interested in his opinion.
No, younger brother. Constantlly seeking his approval, reveling in his praise and asking for his advice are traits of a younger brother. Rusty may be older but the mc is clearly more mature.

RukiRG

Sep 22, 2018
It's absolutely a high end prostitution ring. It's coming, count on it. Because, if the money for the scholarships was just missing completely, that WOULD get noticed, and pretty quick. But having the quid-pro-quo aspect of rich donors paying for the girls, that could be kept secret for a lot longer. I mean, hey, the money is all above board, right, so all the nefarious stuff is easy to keep quiet.
In my opinion Burke is the only "old man" which use the "restaurant" services. But he may use his influence to attract sponsors in exchange for other things like advertising or who knows...

J.A.L.

Nov 27, 2021
I don't think it's one or the other. For all the faults Episode 4 had resolving it, I think the twist of Josy showing up as Maya's surprise girlfriend was good for the game. Likewise I think the destruction of the mansion in Episode 5 was a good moment that hit hard and paved the way for the MC's rise to glory; hosting the Halloween party wouldn't feel nearly as satisfying if the audience didn't share the sense of how tough the path back has been.

Of course, the flipside to this is that we need lulls in the drama to appreciate what's been lost or gained. If everything is balls-to-the-wall drama all the time, it loses its impact. Nothing is at stake if any winnings will immediately be imperiled before we can spend them. No sense worrying about any particular crisis, it's business as usual.

DPC excels in the slice of life material and struggles with high-stakes threats, but his instincts to have both is correct. He just needs to learn that less is sometimes more. If he keeps the scale personal most of the time and saves his powder for a few pivotal moments, he can get an even bigger narrative bang without having to strongarm the story into a series of convoluted crises.
My previous post (that I thought would has a lot of "facepalms", but has had a lot of "likes" instead) was a rant, and I was exaggerating a bit (only a bit). I don´t think that this game would be better without any drama and soap-opera narrative resources. But I do think that it has way to much of all that.

The story of Maya and Josy is, first of all, far fetched. The coincidence of Tremolo dating the two of them at the same time in different cities, and then Josy appearing suddenly in the worst moment... that`s cheap soap opera material at its finest. Second, the story of the cute, beautiful and wonderful with-candy-glass-and-a-cherry-on-the-top lesbian romance, ruined by an intolerant religious middle aged white man (the devil!!!) and the prejudices of the society, is a postmodern cliché that I hate. The same goes for the plotline of Chad and the other guy.

All the drama and mystery about Isabella and her husband aren´t good to the story, either. Just creates a dark aura around the character that seems to anticipate a situation with her similar to the one of the ending of Acting Lessons. If at some point, Isabella has any psychiatry problem like a nervous breakdown because of Jill, the appareance of her husband in the worst moment, or something like that, and commits suicide or has to be hospitalized in a psychiatric hospital , is going to be even worst that AL. And that´s the kind of situation that DPC seems to be preparing.

Could it not be better, if this game were a bit lighter? If it would have dramatic and emotional scenes only when needed, and never forced. In a story, drama, emotions and mystery is like cayenne in cooking. A pinch here and there is good for the recipe. Put it in every single plate, and you ruin the dinner for everybody.

Some drama plotlines could be maintained: For example, the mystery about Tremolo´s mom as a recurrent theme through the storyline until, at the end, we know some kind of revelation about Lynette and maybe Jill´s family or family friends. Also, the story of Quinn´s dirty business, connected with Vinnie (the minor antagonist) and Burke (the main antagonist), if DPC is able to not let that plotline of noir cinema become too intrusive and ruin the lightness and sense of humor of the game. But the rest of the big dramas and socking revelations should be out.

- Sage should be a popular girl dating with a popular muscular bowhead that doesn´t value her as she deserves, and Tremolo solves that. With his magic cock at first, and then being a good, supportive friend and a charming, flirting and funny guy.
- Isabela should be a separated woman, bored with her life, that finds a second youngness with Tremolo. There could be some subplots around jealousy and regret connected with Jill, but that´s all. And with a happy ending, please. No more things like the ending of AL, pretty please DPC.
- Maya and Josy, should be just two girlfriends that met Tremolo and, to their surprise, find out that are both attracted by the handsome and charming boy, so they start to compete or cooperate to, either get Tremolo for one of them into a solo path, or to share him into an harem path with the three of the characters. Maybe the scene of the surprise for Tremolo when he knows that they are actually a couple, and the subsequent anger, could be maintained. But all that Drama around Maya´s dad should go out.
- Jill, more or less like she is. Maybe a bit less naïve. And Tybald could have found a less boorish way to manipulate her into dating him, than blackmailing. That´s just lazy writing.

And that´s all. A bit of drama, mystery and emotional moments, but not the overload of situations of Mexican telenovela that we have in this game. Thanks God that DPC knows how to create great characters and funny, sexy and witty dialogues and situations. If not, this game would be just crap.

Last edited:

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
My previous post (that I thought would has a lot of "facepalms", but has had a lot of "likes" instead) was a rant, and I was exaggerating a bit (only a bit). I don´t think that this game would be better without any drama and soap-opera narrative resources. But I do think that it has way to much of all that.

The story of Maya and Josy is, first of all, far fetched. The coincidence of Tremolo dating the two of them at the same time in different cities, and then Josy appearing suddenly in the worst moment... that`s cheap soap opera material at its finest. Second, the story of the cute, beautiful and wonderful with-candy-glass-and-a-cherry-on-the-top lesbian romance, ruined by an intolerant religious middle aged white man (the devil!!!) and the prejudices of the society, is a postmodern cliché that I hate. The same goes for the plotline of Chad and the other guy.

All the drama and mystery about Isabella and her husband aren´t good to the story, either. Just creates a dark aura around the character that seems to anticipate a situation with her similar to the one of the ending of Acting Lessons. If at some point, Isabella has any psychiatry problem like a nervous breakdown because of Jill, the appareance of her husband in the worst moment, or something like that, and commits suicide or has to be hospitalized in a psychiatric hospital , is going to be even worst that AL. And that´s the kind of situation that DPC seems to be preparing.

Could it not be better, if this game were a bit lighter? If it would have dramatic and emotional scenes only when needed, and never forced. In a story, drama, emotions and mystery is like cayenne in cooking. A pinch here and there is good for the recipe. Put it in every single plate, and you ruin the dinner for everybody.

Some drama plotlines could be maintained: For example, the mystery about Tremolo´s mom as a recurrent theme through the storyline until, at the end, we know some kind of revelation about Lynette and maybe Jill´s family or family friends. Also, the story of Quinn´s dirty business, connected with Vinnie (the minor antagonist) and Burke (the main antagonist), if DPC is able to not let that plotline of noir cinema become too intrusive and ruin the lightness and sense of humor of the game. But the rest of the big dramas and socking revelations should be out.

Sage would be a girl dating with a muscular bowhead that doesn´t value her as she deserves, and Tremolo solves that. With his magic cock at first, and then being a good, supportive friend and a charming, flirting and funny guy.
Isabela should be a separated woman, bored with her life, that finds a second youngness with Tremolo. There could be some subplots around jealousy and regret connected with Jill, but that´s all. And with a happy ending, please. No more things like the ending of AL, pretty please DPC.
Maya and Josy, should be just two girlfriends that met Tremolo and, to their surprise, find out that are both attracted by the handsome and charming Tremolo, so they start to compite or cooperate, to either get Tremolo for one of them into a solo path, or to share him into an harem path with the three of the characters.
Jill, more or less like she is. Maybe a bit less naïve. And Tybald could have found a less boorish way to manipulate her into dating him, than blackmailing. That´s just lazy writing.

And that´s all. A bit of drama, mystery and emotional moments, but not the overload of situations of Mexican telenovela that we have in this game. Thanks God that DPC knows how to create great characters and funny, sexy and witty dialogues and situations. If not, this game would be just crap.
I think that DPC really messed up with Tybalt. If he had written him as a serious rival for Jill's affections, and as someone that the MC could take seriously as a rival, it would have been a much better story.

And before the conversation is smothered in hysterical cries of NTR, having Tybalt as a serious romantic threat does not necessarily mean that he has to BE a serious threat, Jill could still look at him as only a friend. But a serious Tybalt would be a much more flexible tool for an author to craft a story without ridiculous contrivances like the blackmail storyline. A few corny watermelon jokes are a high price to pay for burning such a useful character.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
She's in his class, she was taking the test she's the unprepared ready to leave girl. Also at the end if you haven't seen it yet,

I think it's Maya, when you have sex with her in the classroom she's one of the only ones that the MC doesn't have a choice but to cum inside of her. It's just part of the scene. And given that she has repeatedly said that she is not on birth control, she just wants to know how It felt. I want to put it out there. I think Maya's pregnant.
MC's rap name is:

"LL Cool Pipe".

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Since Being a DIK - Season 2 will be sold as a product on Steam soon, it's time to update my Patreon tier rewards. I must do this as I need to keep prices fair for all customers.

Because I have released several products, this becomes increasingly harder to keep affordable, as Patreon tier prices would shoot up with every product I release. And I don't want that. Patrons should never be punished for wanting to support me.

My priority with these changes has been to ensure that future updates don't get more expensive. Because that's what most patrons are interested in.

I'm sorry for the sudden mid-month changes, but there is some exciting news coming soon, which is why I need to carry out these changes. These are the changes to the current tiers, effective Friday, December 10.

Because of the tier changes, make sure you grab your copy of Being a DIK - Season 1 and Season 2 (v0.8.1) soon if you are in the Mini DIK, DIK, or Major DIK tier.

To sum up the changes:

I will still have the same release concept for my future releases:

Huge DIK ($25) tier: 3 days early access of upcoming Season 3 releases

DIK ($10) tier: Access of upcoming Season 3 releases, 3 days after early access

Mini DIK ($5) tier: Access to Season 3 patches, 2 weeks after early access. You'll need the base Season 3 game the first time to patch it in the future.

Huge DIK ($25) tier will have the latest updated full version of Being a DIK Seasons 1 & 2.

Mini DIK ($5) tier will have patches for bugs etc. for Being a DIK Seasons 1 & 2. You can upgrade your version to the latest update with these patches.

There will be a new credit section for Being a DIK - Season 3. If you want to appear near the top of the Season 3 credits, the post where you enter your name will be live on Friday for the Massive DIK tier.

I tried to make the best out of the tier changes, and this was the best I could do without raising the prices for Season 3.

I will make sure that players of any game version can use their saves as an entry point in the first version of Season 3. This means that even a player from Steam can continue playing Season 3 on Patreon when it's released, using their Season 2 transfer saves.

If you have any questions about this, please ask them below, and I will do my best to answer them.

Best regards

Dr PinkCake
patreon_tier_changes.jpg

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes