felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Let's talk about sterotypes. As long as it's a common place to question a literary work for having sterotypes... the true is its used all the time in different types of narrative, and succesfully. Just think in the Simpsons. Pretty much every character it's a sterotype, Homer and Marge are sterotypes of american working class, Burns it's a sterotype of businesman class, Lisa is a sterotype of left wing, Joe Quimby of politicians and the chieff Wiggum of police. And i am not even starting with national stereotypes. Still the most succesfull tv show off all time.

But even further, by XIX Flaubert wrote Madame Bovary, wich later become "the first modern novel", a classic beetween classics. On it, Flaubert put a character, the pharmacist Monsieur Homais, a upstart burgoise, deceptive and ambitious. As such the character was never meant to be a genuely character but rather the description of an entire subgroup of people, a whole social class, as such, a sterotype. It wasn't the first time that sterotype was sued as long as it was a common concern in France at the XIX's. Stendhal, Balzac or Maupassant, all of them used the same stereotypes.

But let's go even further. Let's talk about the Iliad of Homer. On it a character is presented, Tersites. he is the only character who has no aristocratic routes, he is a plebeyan. He is the only character ugly, gummy, vulgar and stupid. As it was, an aristocratic poem about nobles made to entartain nobles, the Iliad build represent the lower class by making sterotypes of them. 2.800 years later noone complains.

So, what's the issue?. Well sterotypes are used to make comedy and specially social satire. As long as they are not a representation of a real individuals but a group of people, they allow to represent social conflicts and make social criticism.

And that's exactly what Badik does. Comedy and social satire. It does with the jocs, and the preps. Jocs are not all stupid, rich people are not all... ok, let's pretend they are not... not all of them are as shitty as Tybalt. Yet it doesn't matter couse it' social criticism, if the story want to have complex real people willuse characters as Quinn, Maya, etc. At different momments will use characters as a description of a social group in order to question an entire group practice or practice: bulliers, classism and homophobia.

So, if it's cool, why people complain?
Have you ever heard them complaining about the feminists?
Couse that's another sterotype used all the time and they are perfectely fine with that.
it seems to me a bit of an oversimplification though
would that mean that all fiction is the same? any story, since it is based more or less on the same characters, has the same value?

within stereotypes there are thousands of variations, some so successful that they have become the new stereotypes

the hero has been joined by the anti-hero, the female characters are no longer those of the 80s, the nerds from losers and that's it, they have become geeks, fascinated in their own way, and sometimes they are the undisputed protagonists.

If belonging to a certain role/stereotype already tells you 80% of the character there is something wrong, because it becomes a story that you have already read.

how many BADIk characters escape their stereotype? few, very few, almost none (Nick for example)
but it is not a problem, it's okay, just accept it

J.A.L.

Nov 27, 2021
It's one thing to start with archetypes and build a character from there, in fact one of my favorite novels used Jungian archetypes, but the author built upon that base and thereby created some very memorable characters.

DPC's villains are one trick ponys, while his other characters are more fully drawn. It's obvious he CAN create characters, he just doesn't always do it and I think that's one of the biggest weaknesses in his writing.
Well, Jill is clearly the Jungian archetype of the "maiden", all about ingenuity, purity and chasteness, while Quinn is the "outlaw". She´s a revel living by her own rules, has independent thinking, but usually is selfish and tends to crime. Neil is the "everyman", the voice of the common sense. Derek is the Jester, funny and superficial, but sometimes sees things that others can´t. There is some kind of wisdom into him. Tremolo is a mix between the "lover" and the "hero". He starts mostly like the first one and evolves to the second. All those archetypes can evolve (and are evolving, Quinn for example) during the story.

A stereotype is an oversimplification of an archetype. Tybald is an oversimplification of the "Jester", a comic relieve but without any wisdom. And a cliché, is an idea so repeated by the mainstream that becomes a common place, something worn, predictable and boring. Maya and his evil middle aged white straight religious father, for example.

Last edited:
Reactions: ju1zzed

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
This is a well thought out and written post. I haven't read Madame Bovary in years, although I'm pretty sure I have a copy around here somewhere on one of my bookshelves.

This is a hell of a post, with pretty good comparisons to boot, accurate too.
Thnks Mark. If you are interested in Madam Bovary, I always recomend a book that the peruvian writer Mario Vargas Llosa wrote about the subject. From that book i took the idea of using Homais as a an example.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Thnks Mark. If you are interested in Madam Bovary, I always recomend a book that the peruvian writer Mario Vargas Llosa wrote about the subject. From that book i took the idea of using Homais as a an example.
I'll make a note of it my friend, thanks. (y)

EDIT: Are you talking about "The Perpetual Orgy"? (Don't want to turn this into a off-topic streak, but I'm pretty sure that's what you meant (y) )

Reactions: Heycock

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
it seems to me a bit of an oversimplification though
would that mean that all fiction is the same? any story, since it is based more or less on the same characters, has the same value?

within stereotypes there are thousands of variations, some so successful that they have become the new stereotypes

the hero has been joined by the anti-hero, the female characters are no longer those of the 80s, the nerds from losers and that's it, they have become geeks, fascinated in their own way, and sometimes they are the undisputed protagonists.

If belonging to a certain role/stereotype already tells you 80% of the character there is something wrong, because it becomes a story that you have already read.

how many BADIk characters escape their stereotype? few, very few, almost none (Nick for example)
but it is not a problem, it's okay, just accept it
No, it means fiction is different. You can take Dostoievsky for example, the psicological novel. Raskolnikov its not a stereotype, its a human being. The topic of that novel it's not russian society, its the way human mentality face against their moral sistem. If you want the fight of a man beetween good and evil. As such he is a complex character who doubts, face dilemas, we can track his thoughts.

On the other side you have a similar topic in the hands of Victor Hugo in Les Miserebles. Yet Victor Hugo is concerned with how society deal with that problem, and not how the individuals does. As such characters are just representation of social groupand social moods, or even way of thoughts. That's why Javert kill himself after the hero pardon him. Couse he is a sterotype of the forces of order in humanity to the point he can't even survive contact with a different way of thinking.

You see? Same topic, two completely different novels.

Hero, anti-hero, etc... are archetypes. They are universal and are writen deep inside the general humanity psycology. For example, the hero archetype its fundamental to build our sense of moral, since he is a representation of moral virtues.

Well but for being a sterotype he doesnt tell you everything about the character. Since the character is not an individual but a representation of a social group you can present your views on that group, and crack some jokes out of it. Since representation of groups it's also a complex topic you can work on that for ages. Just think on the Iliad and the Simpsons. Both sterotype low social class, yet both do completely different things with them, since both belong to different eras.

I don't think every character in Badik is a sterotype. Take Maya, she is a feminist but she doesn't share the traits of all her feminist classmates. At some point she is presented as the opossite. Take Chad. He is a jock, yet he is completely different from the rest, he has his own goals, his own agenda, his fears and his own moral dilema.

DevilPants

Mar 10, 2018
I would say it was a great update aside from rejecting Jade, I hope it's only temporary and we'll get back to it soon. After all, everything is interesting as in previous updates. :devilish: :devilish: :devilish:

Xabder

Feb 10, 2021
I would say it was a great update aside from rejecting Jade, I hope it's only temporary and we'll get back to it soon. After all, everything is interesting as in previous updates. :devilish: :devilish: :devilish:
if your affinity is dik you are able to keep jade ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: DevilPants

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
View attachment 1532730

:KEK:

Thanks for trying to allay my fears bro :BootyTime: I'm just struggling to figure out the exact scope of the Others path if literally every girl on it is optional. On the one hand if you're pursuing Quinn and Lily and Nicole or are interested in Zoey etc. the Others path has the potential to be the GOAT path. On the other hand if you're not pursuing any of the girls, it can potentially be the Incel path :KEK: That amount of variability is not cohesive to a narrative. Of course as a Quinn simp I'll stick around for any crumb of content and I'm happy about her unique variables but I think it's pretty unlikely any new paths will emerge, officially or unofficially. I think this is it and things are locked as is. Which means any kind of Broccoli Path would be purely picking around the edg........

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
She's in his class, she was taking the test she's the unprepared ready to leave girl. Also at the end if you haven't seen it yet,

I think it's Maya, when you have sex with her in the classroom she's one of the only ones that the MC doesn't have a choice but to cum inside of her. It's just part of the scene. And given that she has repeatedly said that she is not on birth control, she just wants to know how It felt. I want to put it out there. I think Maya's pregnant.
I'm confused. It sounds like you're saying we cum inside Maya, but we have not yet cum inside Maya. That has not happened. I would remember if we had because she's my favorite LI and this would cause me to lose my shit.

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
I'm confused. It sounds like you're saying we cum inside Maya, but we have not yet cum inside Maya. That has not happened. I would remember if we had because she's my favorite LI and this would cause me to lose my shit.
Brother, you should replay the Dorm Party.... there's definitely an option to cum inside Maya.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Yeah she says in the classroom scene that she'll have protection soon, so maybe within the next episode or two she'll be able to get creampied

Aug 17, 2020
This scene has two variations. If you pay extra attention to Maya she lets MC cum inside her

Last edited:

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
No, it means fiction is different. You can take Dostoievsky for example, the psicological novel. Raskolnikov its not a stereotype, its a human being. The topic of that novel it's not russian society, its the way human mentality face against their moral sistem. If you want the fight of a man beetween good and evil. As such he is a complex character who doubts, face dilemas, we can track his thoughts.
You are clearly not Russian. The Crime and Punishment is just a novel about Russian society, from an atmosphere of hopelessness. Raskolnikov is a living corpse, a zombie, like the biblical prophet Lazarus. He died spiritually in freedom, but was resurrected as Jesus in penal servitude. This is a rather religious novel in which Dostoevsky discusses the topic of law and justice, love and repentance. Dostoevsky believed that social injustice cannot be defeated, but it is possible to find the strength to live only in faith, humanity and love for God. Probably, this is one of the most Russian novels, which combines love for God and neighbors in the prostitute Sophia, who sold her innocence for 30 rubles(a reference to Judas who sold Jesus).

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
You guys have to have maximum relationship points with her. She definitely gets creampied in that classroom because she "Wants to know how it feels".
I only watched it through the gallery, so there's not the other variation, but I know nothing of the routes, except for Jill's, but I'll trust you when it comes to Maya. I just wish the gallery showed variations of the scenes, and not just one version of it

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
I only watched it through the gallery, so there's not the other variation, but I know nothing of the routes, except for Jill's, but I'll trust you when it comes to Maya. I just wish the gallery showed variations of the scenes, and not just one version of it
I hardly even pay attention to the gallery or the rewards. I'll go through the scenes and find all the secret renders and check to make sure I completed em all, but other than that, I don't even look at em lol.
If you wanted to just see the scenes instead of playing through it all again, you could use unren to unzip the photos in the game folder. :)

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
I hardly even pay attention to the gallery or the rewards. I'll go through the scenes and find all the secret renders and check to make sure I completed em all, but other than that, I don't even look at em lol.
If you wanted to just see the scenes instead of playing through it all again, you could use unren to unzip the photos in the game folder. :)
Yeah I've Unren'd a few games in the last few days, got certain pictures and vids I wanted, but didn't think of Maya, only Jill. Not doing it again though. My poor stacked and packed hard drives can't take it :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: JamieSadistic

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
You are clearly not Russian. The Crime and Punishment is just a novel about Russian society, from an atmosphere of hopelessness. Raskolnikov is a living corpse, a zombie, like the biblical prophet Lazarus. He died spiritually in freedom, but was resurrected as Jesus in penal servitude. This is a rather religious novel in which Dostoevsky discusses the topic of law and justice, love and repentance. Dostoevsky believed that social injustice cannot be defeated, but it is possible to find the strength to live only in faith, humanity and love for God. Probably, this is one of the most Russian novels, which combines love for God and neighbors in the prostitute Sophia, who sold her innocence for 30 rubles(a reference to Judas who sold Jesus).
No, i am certanely not. I even tried to learn the language but i am still not russian.
And for sure it is a religious novel, just like Les Miserebles, wich also discusses the topic of law and justice. My point is that even writing about the same subject both are completely different novels with different characters. Valjean is undimensional guy. He was in prison for stealing a loathe of bread yet he accept his fate. As such he incarnate the sense of morality against Javert, who represents the law. Both represente two different forces in humanity. And they are different couse that's the point of a story about a revolution. Morals and law are different.

About Crime and Punishment. I guess it is a representation of russian society but Raskolnikov as such is not a representation of a social group but rather of every human being. Since we all face the same dilemmas that him, its a human dilema. His struggle its with himself. I guess you agree with me we cant call him a sterotype.

Reactions: PashafromRussia

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
Yeah I've Unren'd a few games in the last few days, got certain pictures and vids I wanted, but didn't think of Maya, only Jill. Not doing it again though. My poor stacked and packed hard drives can't take it :LOL:
Right there with ya bro. My PC is on it's last leg with half a lung. I'm lucky it even runs BaDIK lol.
I see Apartment 69 in your sig and I'm wondering if it's any good? I saw it and was interested in it but decided not to download it.

Marley300

Jan 29, 2020
This scene has two variations. If you pay extra attention to Maya he lets MC cum inside her
You guys have to have maximum relationship points with her. She definitely gets creampied in that classroom because she "Wants to know how it feels".
I didn’t even know that she could refuse the creampie! In all my playthrough it ended the same… I think choosing to hangout with her in episode 7 is what triggered it. If I remember well, she talked about getting protection after. :unsure:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Wow you're right ! Why the fuck did the gallery replay kept the worst version :LOL:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes