J.A.L.

Nov 27, 2021
Derek has qualities of the Jester but he lacks the Loki-like dangerous chaotic element (who knows what I'll do?) that would make him more interesting.
I kind of disagree. He´s not a Rigoletto, able to plot the crime of the Duke of Mantua, but he´s able to plot a crude practical prank for the Dawe :ROFLMAO: or unleash chaos to the party of the preps, big time. Also, his lack of discretion is another factor that brings chaos to the plot. Telling him things, like the affair with Jade, brings chaotic consequences.

Reactions: DavDR

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
I don't think it's a problem that there are no strong villains right now.

The most present "villain" is Tybalt, but there can be no doubt he is, as you said, presented as the buffoon.

While Tybalt may have made life a little difficult for the mc, every one of his scenes is more focused on laughing at him than anything else. The music is perpetually foolish whenever he is on the scene, his dialogue is clueless, his goals are fruitless.

The blackmail scene, while it riled a few people up here, was a big joke. He sat there slobbering away on his watermelon (not the watermelon, mind you), and even offered it to Jill.

The entire joke of the watermelon, Jill's underwear and the photo cannot possibly be taken seriously; he's meant to be an idiot.

He's missed every social cue from Jill, and he's oblivious that the other preps are even venting their disdain for him to the very man he despises (the mc himself!)

The resolution to his big evil blackmail was for Jill to simply stand up to him, tell him exactly how she felt, and he was left in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever.

I don't really need Tybalt to evolve into anything more.

Onto the other main "villain" who is not lurking in the shadows - Maya's dad, Patrick.

Patrick isn't important. He is simply Maya's foil to present her struggles in life. If not her dad, then society would be judging and restricting her.

While we may have discussed otherwise on this board, within the game there has been no mention of trying to reason with the dad. The solution is always Maya circumventing him, in which case, he as a person is of no importance, it's only Maya's solution that matters, which is fine, because the game wants to focus on Maya, not her dad.

Do we need a happily ever after moment with Maya and her dad, where he grows into a person and ceases to be a blatant stereotype? I don't think so. I would prefer that effort be reserved and spent on something like a scene with Maya blowing the mc while Josy gives him a rim job. Now that's a happy ending...

Now it hasn't been established yet that Burke is a threat to the mc, but he is hated among this thread, probably because he is married to Jade, neglects her and looks elsewhere for sex.

His involvement in the nefarious college activities (namely Quinn's restaurant) also puts him out there as a potential bad dude, but already, the mc is fucking his wife.

Burke is established as a week, beaten down character, married to a much stronger force, Jade. He grovels to his wife as she belittles him for his lack of personal achievement in life, strikes out consistently with Bella and is basically an embarrassment; the mc is already fucking his wife!

He is not "The Villain" of this game, but he may become a hindrance at some point in time.

Now Chad was a villain for only moments and has already fizzled out once his title of the Alpha President was taken from him.

Chad was then replaced in the villain department by Dawe who has already been emasculated by pretty much every DIK in the game, and can only assert his dominance by sucker punching people (Tommy, Jamie & the mc).

Dawe is literally so stupid even his moronic girlfriend Arieth can destroy him on Rooster. He is mostly set up to be mocked.

Once again, while he can be a pain in the ass, Dawe is not to be taken seriously.

So it is still possible we have one major villain hiding in the shadows, namely Vinny, and the last look we had of him, selling drugs to Tommy, makes him look quite serious. Has he been causing strife in the background, manipulating things and misdirecting the blame? Time will tell, but that's exactly what I expect.

My feeling is, up until now we didn't need a compelling villain, so these cartoon caricatures have served as entertaining fodder for the mc to cuck (Burke), humiliate (Dawe with everything that is said and done to him), and ultimately witness the destruction of (Tybaly when Jill unleashes).

We are only at the half way mark, it's mostly been about the MC and his friends. The dramas along the way exist to showcase the main characters, and to give us a feel for who the mc is.

I'm not sure if DPC is capable (given his choice of narrative style) of propelling this game into something more thrilling for the second half, or if we'll just continue to deal with bite sized conflicts, and the mc and his friends will graduate mostly unscathed.

But now, as we move into the second half, after the mc has made his choice as to who he wants to get serious with, the game is likely to take turn in a more serious direction. More serious relationship with his chosen girl. More serious drama when Vinnie steps up his game. And more serious stakes to make the story more compelling.
Fucking out of reactions already? Goddammit!

+1 then

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
Can someone tell me where to find Water Balloons during a party? Quest: help get revenge on Derek.
It's not water balloons but it's condoms. You can find them in the messy room with the bunk beds on the floor. Bottom left of the scene.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020

The most present "villain" is Tybalt, but there can be no doubt he is, as you said, presented as the buffoon.

While Tybalt may have made life a little difficult for the mc, every one of his scenes is more focused on laughing at him than anything else. The music is perpetually foolish whenever he is on the scene, his dialogue is clueless, his goals are fruitless.

The blackmail scene, while it riled a few people up here, was a big joke. He sat there slobbering away on his watermelon (not the watermelon, mind you), and even offered it to Jill.

The entire joke of the watermelon, Jill's underwear and the photo cannot possibly be taken seriously; he's meant to be an idiot.

He's missed every social cue from Jill, and he's oblivious that the other preps are even venting their disdain for him to the very man he despises (the mc himself!)

The resolution to his big evil blackmail was for Jill to simply stand up to him, tell him exactly how she felt, and he was left in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever.

Onto the other main "villain" who is not lurking in the shadows - Maya's dad, Patrick.

Patrick isn't important. He is simply Maya's foil to present her struggles in life. If not her dad, then society would be judging and restricting her.

While we may have discussed otherwise on this board, within the game there has been no mention of trying to reason with the dad. The solution is always Maya circumventing him, in which case, he as a person is of no importance, it's only Maya's solution that matters, which is fine, because the game wants to focus on Maya, not her dad.

Do we need a happily ever after moment with Maya and her dad, where he grows into a person and ceases to be a blatant stereotype? I don't think so. I would prefer that effort be reserved and spent on something like a scene with Maya blowing the mc while Josy gives him a rim job. Now that's a happy ending...

Now it hasn't been established yet that Burke is a threat to the mc, but he is hated among this thread, probably because he is married to Jade, neglects her and looks elsewhere for sex.

His involvement in the nefarious college activities (namely Quinn's restaurant) also puts him out there as a potential bad dude, but already, the mc is fucking his wife.

Burke is established as a week, beaten down character, married to a much stronger force, Jade. He grovels to his wife as she belittles him for his lack of personal achievement in life, strikes out consistently with Bella and is basically an embarrassment; the mc is already fucking his wife!

He is not "The Villain" of this game, but he may become a hindrance at some point in time.

Now Chad was a villain for only moments and has already fizzled out once his title of the Alpha President was taken from him.

Chad was then replaced in the villain department by Dawe who has already been emasculated by pretty much every DIK in the game, and can only assert his dominance by sucker punching people (Tommy, Jamie & the mc).

Dawe is literally so stupid even his moronic girlfriend Arieth can destroy him on Rooster. He is mostly set up to be mocked.

Once again, while he can be a pain in the ass, Dawe is not to be taken seriously.

So it is still possible we have one major villain hiding in the shadows, namely Vinny, and the last look we had of him, selling drugs to Tommy, makes him look quite serious. Has he been causing strife in the background, manipulating things and misdirecting the blame? Time will tell, but that's exactly what I expect.

My feeling is, up until now we didn't need a compelling villain, so these cartoon caricatures have served as entertaining fodder for the mc to cuck (Burke), humiliate (Dawe with everything that is said and done to him), and ultimately witness the destruction of (Tybaly when Jill unleashes).

We are only at the half way mark, it's mostly been about the MC and his friends. The dramas along the way exist to showcase the main characters, and to give us a feel for who the mc is.

I'm not sure if DPC is capable (given his choice of narrative style) of propelling this game into something more thrilling for the second half, or if we'll just continue to deal with bite sized conflicts, and the mc and his friends will graduate mostly unscathed.

But now, as we move into the second half, after the mc has made his choice as to who he wants to get serious with, the game is likely to take turn in a more serious direction. More serious relationship with his chosen girl. More serious drama when Vinnie steps up his game. And more serious stakes to make the story more compelling.
It just all makes for a shallow game and an increasingly boring story. I just tried to do another playthru so that I could explore some content. I didn't make it all the way through ep4, I just got bored and quit.

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
It just all makes for a shallow game and an increasingly boring story. I just tried to do another playthru so that I could explore some content. I didn't make it all the way through ep4, I just got bored and quit.
Episode 4 has to much lesbian content. Just need Pink Rose, HOT movie night and threesome.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: J.A.L. and Ilhares

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018

I agree with you on pretty much every point you've made. However, I don't think we've seen the last of Villian Tybalt. Especially once he finds out that MC not only stole the object of his undying affections, but fucked his mom AND his sister (if you're on their paths). I really suspect he's going to put on his big boy dry-clean only suit (that daddy paid for) and make good on his threats of pressing charges against MC.
If it happens, it would probably fizzle out like Chad's story did because there's no proof of fire, no assault (if you didn't punch him) and also, his own frat-mates have made a truce with MC and Derek. I also see an ally in Lucas in dealing with the (possible) future altercations with Tybalt.
I agree completely with you on your Vinny theories though. If there wasn't a future story for him, he wouldn't even be mentioned in the game anymore except by Nick. The fact that he still gets screen-time screams his relevance to the story. He will be the arch-enemy of the MC. I think this will come to pass in the "Others" path with Quinn, maybe Zoey (depending on who she used to get alcohol from when she was still "dating" MC) and possibly the Sage path by way of Quinn. Of course, it could also be brought to the surface by Tommy. I also am extremely suspicious of Nick.
Nick is an enigma. He's so quiet, and isolated. He usually only speaks when he's spoken to and there's something about his character that makes me feel like there's more to him than what we see on the surface.
Also, depending on whether or not the stalker of Ri-Ri was really just an obsessed guy, there's a possibility of yet another antagonist emerging from her scenes.

Casiope

Nov 30, 2017
She's in his class, she was taking the test she's the unprepared ready to leave girl. Also at the end if you haven't seen it yet,
My guess is that this mysterious brunette girl has something to do with the cheating left in the bathroom during the midterm exam. This would provide a motive for her to approach the main character in a future episode.

Reactions: Redd23

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
My guess is that this mysterious brunette girl has something to do with the cheating left in the bathroom during the midterm exam. This would provide a motive for her to approach the main character in a future episode.
Aside from being a fuckslut too... :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: Redd23

Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021

Nice analysis.

The MC's antagonists are effectively either ridiculous (Tybalt and Burke, or Dawe), or it's only about a small portion of the story (Maya's father), or the rivalry fades (Chad).

And anyway it's not necessary to have a big villain in the story.

But we can also tell ourselves that the bad guy is mistreated (or treated differently) by the story to make him more discreet. Stephen Burke would be a good candidate for this role in this case. Or Quinn, at the start of the game, she is the one we perceive as antagonist, then it settles down a bit, and above all we have a sentimental rapprochement, which is perfect for distracting the player from Quinn (like major villain).

Or the real villain of the game is the MC. Unintentionally at the moment, but it's the MC / player's actions that do the damage. We decide to sleep with Jade, we then decide to tell the DIK, it goes back to the husband, and it is Maya who will suffer the consequences.

All drama in the game, the MC is involved but indirectly. Apart from being a customer of the restaurant, the rest affects relatives but not him directly.

Reactions: shazba and RukiRG

Casiope

Nov 30, 2017
Aside from being a fuckslut too... :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :KEK:
Exactly. We can have concerns that one-night stands will multiply with the many new female characters that have been added recently: Nora, Penny, Micha, Sally... even though the main character has to prove fidelity to the chosen girlfriend (if so).

Reactions: sixart

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Exactly. We can be concerned that one-night stands will multiply with the many new female characters that have been added recently: Nora, Penny, Micha, Sally... even though the main character has to prove his fidelity to the choosen girlfriend (if so).
I don't really get the word " concerned " here coz if you made your choice from the get go played the game accordingly and continue to do so there is no need for worries... but if you did not then your whole game is a mix-up already so why worry now ? :ROFLMAO:

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
I just had a thought going back to the positive pregnancy test, didn't Sage ask the MC to buy some for her a little while back 'for the sorority', I can't remember if she used one and told him it was a negative, what if she used the second one, I mean they were fuck buddy's.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes