DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
And THAT warrants prostitution ??? :unsure::WaitWhat::WeSmart:
:ROFLMAO:

Btw... I agree on ruining someones life ( although this is still a fiction about college life not the real worlds mishaps ) but this is just outright BULLSHIT solution for it... not to mention Sage is capable in every way possible... ;)
Where did I say it warrants prostitution? Sage is the President of the HOT's, if the news breaks out that there is a prostitution ring being run out of the Sorority no one is going to believe that Sage didn't have anything to do with it. Even though she is innocent.

Reactions: J.A.L.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
but you forget two elements

everything we do with Jade is optional, the real big dramas of PDC are universal, there is no way to avoid them
if Jade's only downside was with Sage, it would be a problem for very few players, only those interested in Sage (let's say a quarter?) and only those who have done stuff with Jade (a third?)
so we wouldn't be talking about a memorable moment of the game anyway, but about a little trap

then this story of DPC Dramas is more fame than substance, for now the only two dramas are related to affinity and not to players' choices
the breakup with Bella because of Cathe, therefore linked to our choices, was definitely a bad surprise, but I really struggle to consider it a dramatic moment

surely having a relationship with Jade, and even more so having shown the video will have negative repercussions, but that they're strictly with Sage I'm not at all convinced of it
Also note that you only succeed with Jade if you choose not to or fail to follow the M/J path.

Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
everything we do with Jade is optional, the real big dramas of PDC are universal, there is no way to avoid them
if Jade's only downside was with Sage, it would be a problem for very few players, only those interested in Sage (let's say a quarter?) and only those who have done stuff with Jade (a third?)
so we wouldn't be talking about a memorable moment of the game anyway, but about a little trap
I do not see a universal drama, and I am convinced that DPC will not do again what it did in AL, namely an inevitable and universal drama.

DPC laid the groundwork for different stories (Maya and her father, prostitution, Lynette's story, and so on). Then there's incorporating the MC into those stories. Afterwards we had a whole lot of choices to make. At the end the choices will be used to influence the resolutions of the different stories.

Everything will be optional, the stories will be solved based on what the MC did.

Eventually, we could have an element that will serve to aggregate a good part of the drama into a single point (I am thinking of HOTs and prostitution).

The more the game progresses, the more things we learn, and the more we realize the traps in which we walked, or avoided.

kyrlian

May 26, 2017
That's how branching in videogames works.

You have main plot points that move the story forward (get to B&R, hell week, rebuilding, etc) and branching plots (each LI is a branch).

Up until the very end of the game no developer can afford the branches to change the main story. That's the way most rpg games work and it's the only way to do it because if your branches change the main story you end up in development hell with dozens of branches, development time skyrockets and the story becomes a mess. Bethesda can't do it with hundreds of professional developers, it gets worse for a single developer like DPC.

The main plot points need to be unrelated to the outcome of the branching plots. But those main plot points can be reactive to the branches (i.e. you can rebuild the mansion with/without Maya&Josy, so the cleaning scene changes) but the branches will NOT change the outcome of each main plot point (you WILL rebuild the mansion for sure, being with Maya/Sage/Jill/single etc don't change the story)

So, because this is the way this stuff work we know for sure that the outcome of the visit to the Burke's is unrelated to fucking Jade, Sage, Maya, etc. or choosing the restaurant, because this things are optional. Maya will/will not (we don't know what's going to happen) get the tuition in a way unrelated to the branches (you fucked/not fucked Jade, Maya or Sage). I don't know what DPC has planned but Ch.9 need to follow this rule.

So, the main story will not be changed but the choices can change the branches, fucking Jade will not change the main story but it can end your relationship with Sage or Jade.

jamwor88

Aug 24, 2020
Are you playing on Android? DPC doesn't like Android users, so several scenes (including that one) have been hard coded to be unavailable to Android users. There's probably a patch on the OP.
yes i play on android, then it‘s like you said. thank you very much

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
That's how branching in videogames works.

You have main plot points that move the story forward (get to B&R, hell week, rebuilding, etc) and branching plots (each LI is a branch).

Up until the very end of the game no developer can afford the branches to change the main story. That's the way most rpg games work and it's the only way to do it because if your branches change the main story you end up in development hell with dozens of branches, development time skyrockets and the story becomes a mess. Bethesda can't do it with hundreds of professional developers, it gets worse for a single developer like DPC.

The main plot points need to be unrelated to the outcome of the branching plots. But those main plot points can be reactive to the branches (i.e. you can rebuild the mansion with/without Maya&Josy, so the cleaning scene changes) but the branches will NOT change the outcome of each main plot point (you WILL rebuild the mansion for sure, being with Maya/Sage/Jill/single etc don't change the story)

So, because this is the way this stuff work we know for sure that the outcome of the visit to the Burke's is unrelated to fucking Jade, Sage, Maya, etc. or choosing the restaurant, because this things are optional. Maya will/will not (we don't know what's going to happen) get the tuition in a way unrelated to the branches (you fucked/not fucked Jade, Maya or Sage). I don't know what DPC has planned but Ch.9 need to follow this rule.

So, the main story will not be changed but the choices can change the branches, fucking Jade will not change the main story but it can end your relationship with Sage or Jade.
I do not see a universal drama, and I am convinced that DPC will not do again what it did in AL, namely an inevitable and universal drama.

DPC laid the groundwork for different stories (Maya and her father, prostitution, Lynette's story, and so on). Then there's incorporating the MC into those stories. Afterwards we had a whole lot of choices to make. At the end the choices will be used to influence the resolutions of the different stories.

Everything will be optional, the stories will be solved based on what the MC did.

Eventually, we could have an element that will serve to aggregate a good part of the drama into a single point (I am thinking of HOTs and prostitution).

The more the game progresses, the more things we learn, and the more we realize the traps in which we walked, or avoided.
no...

I mean, ending the relationship permanently with Sage necessarily changes the main plot, the story we're going to live.

when at the end of the fourth chapter Maya and Josy decide whether or not to accept MC's proposal that's a main moment of the story DPC wants to tell, but it's a universal moment, for all players.

Cathe leaving her underwear in Bella's car is a little trap.

I don't think having a relationship with Jade (and even more so showing the video to Burke) can be a little trap, limited to the relationship with Sag.

I think it's going to have a more general effect, maybe even in the encounter we saw begin at the end of last chapter.

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
I think that Sage says at some point something like "don´t try to be logical with me when I´m angry". Sage is going to be really angry when she knows that Tremolo has been fucking with her mom (If Tremolo did that, of course), and I don´t think she´s going to be open to reasoning. IF... there is any good reasoning.

Imagine that situation in real life: a girl that suddenly knows that half of her closest friends are hookers, that her father has been fucking them in exchange of money, and ruined the life of the only one that didn´t want to fuck with her. AND, on the top of the cake... her boyfriend has a secret affair with her married mom... How could someone rationally process something like that?

Poor Sage. Her cute head is going to explode :cry::cry::cry:
He didnt know though and that was before he get into a relationship with her. As soon as he decide to take her serious, he ends his relationship with her mom. at least for me it happened. As soon as I decided to be in her path on episode 8. MC ended his affair with Jade by Message. So there should be reasoning, but lets say she won't understand it even when she calm down, her loss.

Everyone also always want to compare the situations in game with Real Life. You know the reason it is a game is because we can enjoy some fantasy right? In real life none of us or at least 99% of us doesn't have a dick as huge as MC's. And most of us as freshman wouldn't be dating so many girls and have so many 3 somes as our MC. So I think we should leave RL a bit to the side when it comes to judge some situations in game. We can be a bad boy in game even if we aren't one in RL. Lets enjoy the fantasy instead of trying to make all our decisions based on what should happen out here. And you know, even in rl, anything can happen.

JohnnyBlazePT

Nov 3, 2021
i agree with that idea that the restaurant and jade will not affect the main plot/sage path, they are just side "games"/content
its like fucking sarah or mel, its just content and fun for the MC, not canon
taking on jade's "path", there is 3 things you can do with jade:
1) ignore her from the beginning
2) fuck her and then dump her
3) continue to be her lover
but in ep.9 there is one universal reaction for her, she just ignores MC and not making a big deal
i think the main sage problem will be her father and his activities because its something that you see independently wich path you choose

J.A.L.

Nov 27, 2021
He didnt know though and that was before he get into a relationship with her. As soon as he decide to take her serious, he ends his relationship with her mom. at least for me it happened. As soon as I decided to be in her path on episode 8. MC ended his affair with Jade by Message. So there should be reasoning, but lets say she won't understand it even when she calm down, her loss.

Everyone also always want to compare the situations in game with Real Life. You know the reason it is a game is because we can enjoy some fantasy right? In real life none of us or at least 99% of us doesn't have a dick as huge as MC's. And most of us as freshman wouldn't be dating so many girls and have so many 3 somes as our MC. So I think we should leave RL a bit to the side when it comes to judge some situations in game. We can be a bad boy in game even if we aren't one in RL. Lets enjoy the fantasy instead of trying to make all our decisions based on what should happen out here. And you know, even in rl, anything can happen.
We are talking about DPC here. He loves drama. And he has build the fucking Babel Tower of drama. And probably he´s planning to make it fall onto the player´s head.

As I already said, I think that Tremolo fucking Sage´s mom is going to ruin their relationship. My guess is that Jade at some point will have another one of her tantrums with flying photo frames, and will say her husband that he´s not the only cheater and that she has been fucking with a student. Or, if Burke has the video, will be him the one spilling the beans. In any case, Sage is going to be listening (DPC likes those far fetched situations, like Tremolo catching Chad at the locker room of the gym... twice), and is going to be a cataclysm for her. Will DPC include some kind of scape hatch to allow Tremolo to save his relationship, or will it be a deal breaker? We´ll see.

And no, DPC doesn´t tell me what he´s going to do. It´s just guessing.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
i agree with that idea that the restaurant and jade will not affect the main plot/sage path, they are just side "games"/content
taking on jade's "path", there is 3 things you can do with jade:
1) ignore her from the beginning
2) fuck her and then dump her
3) continue to be her lover
but in ep.9 there is one universal reaction for her, she just ignores MC and not making a big deal
i think the main sage problem will be her father and his activities because its something that you see independently wich path you choose
that in the immediate nothing happens is sure, all the twists at the end of the chapter of BADIK in the immediate do not lead to anything :confused:

but if it doesn't have a wider effect being in a relationship with the wife if not of the end of level boss, at least of the most powerful villain we've met in the game won't have anything...

since we chose the LI in the last chapter the game has changed, how can the game not be different now depending on what we chose?

Reactions: JohnnyBlazePT

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Chekhov's gun.

Why DPC throws Jade to Tremolo´s arms? Jade is the one that seduces Tremolo. And that happens in the middle of the Hell Week with the quest of "fucking a theacher" and "fucking a feminist". DPC wants that Tremolo fucks Jade. First landmine. Then, the second landmine: the video of Jade and Tremolo in Burke´s hands. And after that, the third one: Jade is Sage´s mom... Why DPC would put such a complicated Chekhov´s gun, if he´s not going to shoot it against the player (Tremolo)

And the same happens with Quinn´s restaurant. DPC puts that offer in front of the player at the beginning of the game, when the player doesn´t even know yet what kind of game is this. It this the only chance for Tremolo to fuck in this game? Will it have consequences, or this is one of those games about "harem" in which the MC can fuck everybody without consequences? First landmine. Then, the second one: Burke is the main client (or maybe, main owner, we don´t know) of the restaurant. And the third one: Burke is Sage´s dad. Again, if DPC doesn´t shoot that Chekhov´s gun in Tremolo´s (the player) face, I would be extremelly surprised.

The new guy here is me, not you guys. Don´t you know already about DPC´s love for drama? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
This is certainly an interesting theory, but unfortunately game design does not work that way.
There were certain problems with the economy in the game. The player was earning too much and there was nowhere to spend the money. And there was a certain limit on the amount of money in the purse. The player could find money in Maya's room, in mini-games. And the player could spend money mainly by buying girls in a restaurant. If the choice of restaurant really affects the path so much, then there is no sense in mini-games and motivation to earn money in them.

Reactions: arnielinson

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
By that logic fooling around with Cathy wouldn't affect Bella's path seeing as she's one of the main LI's, however we do indeed get royally fucked if we do it.
Side girls might not affect the main plot itself, we don't know, we'll have to wait and see, but they do indeed affect the main LI's routes.
In this case, if Sage's route is intertwined with the main plot (and I'm sure all the other LI's routes will also be), I'm betting that fucking side girls will have consequences.

JohnnyBlazePT

Nov 3, 2021
By that logic fooling around with Cathy wouldn't affect Bella's path seeing as she's one of the main LI's, however we do indeed get royally fucked if we do it.
bella's path is closed but cathy's path is still opened :WeSmart::BootyTime:

that in the immediate nothing happens is sure, all the twists at the end of the chapter of BADIK in the immediate do not lead to anything :confused:

but if it doesn't have a wider effect being in a relationship with the wife if not of the end of level boss, at least of the most powerful villain we've met in the game won't have anything...

since we chose the LI in the last chapter the game has changed, how can the game not be different now depending on what we chose?
i already said that having to choose someone so soon it felt kinda rushed but there is a possibility that it's not the final choice

i dont know, probably there will be a fire on college and dik's mansion and we have to choose who we will save :KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: J.A.L.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I'm not convinced that having sex with Jade is a game over, I mean how should Sage find out? Jade should tell her... It's not something a stepmom would confess to her daughter lightly.

at the most, dating both of them should make Jade back off and if she hinders MC and his relationship with Sage, order him to leave her alone...
I would say that the fling with Jade not having impact on the relationship with Sage would be the last straw in the plausibility of this story, but that ship sailed a long time ago. Still if it all turns out to have no impact it's just going to be ridiculous.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I would say that the fling with Jade not having impact on the relationship with Sage would be the last straw in the plausibility of this story, but that ship sailed a long time ago. Still if it all turns out to have no impact it's just going to be ridiculous.
i didn't explain myself well in that post

I don't think it won't have any consequences, but I think it won't be something limited to Sage, it will have a greater significance, the closing of the story with Sage will probably only be a secondary and not immediate effect of it

J.A.L.

Nov 27, 2021
This is certainly an interesting theory, but unfortunately game design does not work that way.
There were certain problems with the economy in the game. The player was earning too much and there was nowhere to spend the money. And there was a certain limit on the amount of money in the purse. The player could find money in Maya's room, in mini-games. And the player could spend money mainly by buying girls in a restaurant. If the choice of restaurant really affects the path so much, then there is no sense in mini-games and motivation to earn money in them.
The player can spend the money in boost and cheats for the minigames, points for the minigame of fighting and other things. Or just forget about looking for money.

Reactions: winterdama
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes