J.A.L.

Nov 27, 2021
Good poll. 2nd question is a bit stupid though.
Hahaha, thanks man. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

There has been here a debate lately about "friendship" in BaDIK and I wanted to know in which characters that friendship is better implemented in the game, according to people, since I understand that people will be more fond, as friends, of characters in which that friendship makes more sense into the plot.

Reactions: DavDR and ffsage

J.A.L.

Nov 27, 2021
i agree with almost everything, i only disagree with josy part
when josy is accepted at B&R she wants to break up with maya to be with MC. she starts to realise that their relationship is basically over cuz of the distance and all the problems that a lesbian relationship has and the feelings that she is developing for MC. she only didnt break up with maya because that soap opera scene when they find out that love triangle full of cheating and scissoring :ROFLMAO:

edit: also, josy doesnt have a bad relationship with her parents per si and its somehow managed with her father
Then, she should have the balls to break up with Maya, and get Tremolo. After all, it´s supposed that he has a crush on her, so it´s not really difficult for her at the beginning of the game to seduce him. But she wants both, Maya and Tremolo. "I´m afraid to lose you both". That´s, in essence, what she say to Tremolo after the scene with her father. That´s an immature attitude. Like the children that wants all the toys of the shop.

Luckily, Tremolo can forget about them and find Sage, that is a way better love interest. Or Bella and her crazy mind-blowing "yoga sex". Or just "others".

Reactions: DavDR

kyrlian

May 26, 2017
differences: Microsoft, AA or AAA Games, develop period only 5 - 10 yrs.
and why is DPC a single developer with $16.000 - $100.000 per month? a good developer(10 - 15 yrs.) costs ~$10.000 per month
He wants to work alone. He said himself he's a difficult person to work with.

Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
Which one do you think MC could have a better future with? Answer that and you will solve your dilemma.
I only see Jill, the others will be too complicated.

(and in addition she is ultra rich)

Just for fun, I have made a little POLL with 3 questions about the girls of BaDIK. The last one is a bit tricky, I think ;)
I hope I have done it right. It´s the first time I make a poll. If you want to participate, it takes only 15 seconds.

Very good to have put together M and J.

Considering that the group one was definitely the most awaited one, since the birthday party was talked about since the sixth chapter, I expected it to be much better.
Absolutely, it is disappointing.

To bounce back from what you said next (with AchedCroissant), yes DPC needs reinforcement, or he must agree to do eposides different from what he has been doing from the start.

I like the dynamics of the episodes (freeroam, minigames), but when it feels like things are missing in the episode (like 8), it would be better to put more story and cut the ancillary content.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

J.A.L.

Nov 27, 2021
He wants to work alone. He said himself he's a difficult person to work with.
I understand that the guy doesn´t want to create a team. But he could surely externalize some work. For example, someone could do for him the less important renders like two characters having a conversation and moving slightly their mouths and changing a bit their facial expressions, empty rooms, a corridor or a classroom with some students, and things like that. For sure are time-consuming and don´t really need a lot of creativity. DPC could focus in writing and more important renders and animations. Or could get someone to do some of the coding... That could speed up the development times without creating a real work team.

TuffyTenToes

Aug 11, 2019
I feel like if DPC were to hire someone to do renders/animations for him, we would notice that the quality is not the same.

Not even talking about the textures or whatever because I suppose that DPC would share the tools and whatnot, I'm talking about the difference that comes with a different person doing another person's job (one that he has been doing for years on BADIK alone). It would not feel the same.

Reactions: dalli_x

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
I understand that the guy doesn´t want to create a team. But he could surely externalize some work. For example, someone could do for him the less important renders like two characters having a conversation and moving slightly their mouths and changing a bit their facial expressions, empty rooms, a corridor or a classroom with some students, and things like that. For sure are time-consuming and don´t really need a lot of creativity. DPC could focus in writing and more important renders and animations. Or could get someone to do some of the coding... That could speed up the development times without creating a real work team.
He will never hire a team. He is too bad a leader and is immune to criticism. Although if one of his huge fans is a good designer and lives in Sweden, this is probably the only chance to find some assistant. But in Sweden, almost all designers work in Embracer Groups, lol.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
I feel like if DPC were to hire someone to do renders/animations for him, we would notice that the quality is not the same.

Not even talking about the textures or whatever because I suppose that DPC would share the tools and whatnot, I'm talking about the difference that comes with a different person doing another person's job (one that he has been doing for years on BADIK alone). It would not feel the same.
I have already said that the sex scene with Sarah at the party seems very bad by the standards of DPC. It is less detailed, there are lighting errors in it and it seems less smooth or something. I even assumed that his assistant was doing this scene. But I think he just didn't have time for the release. DPC even removed several animations from the game and we don't know what those animations are.

Reactions: TuffyTenToes

ffsage

Apr 2, 2020

Only reason he doens't hire anyone is expenses. He doesn't want to share his incomes and telling people shit like "I'm not easy to work with." Cut the crap okay. Have $100.000 all for yourself and don't say things like that.

Reactions: J.A.L.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
In any case, this would be due to the fact that the images are no longer created according to their individuality. Ergo, the perfectionist in DPC would have to correct them again, which would then extend the publication times. He might as well do that himself and we'll just wait 6-7 months instead of 11-12 months.:unsure:(y)
It's not like that. DPC is a good artist, but there are better ones, especially in Sweden, where there are a lot of game studios( EA DICE, Embracer Group, Avalanche, Paradox) and animators and artists are constantly required, and therefore a very high level of performers. Moreover, I am sure that DPC himself worked in a game studio and therefore game design is one of the strongest things in BAD.I think the main reason is that he is an introvert and a geek and the second is that he is shy about his job.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: clayjar and dalli_x

TuffyTenToes

Aug 11, 2019
graphically BADIK is very good, but it's not that it's at such a high level that you have to fear a collapse, there's plenty of room for improvement.

It's almost a joke, but halfway through the game he still hasn't managed to make Jill, one of the main characters, smile, not to mention Maya's hands and many other obvious "imperfections", BADIK is full of "wrong" renders.

If DPC relies on a dog, like the 2d renderers, there will certainly be a drop, but if they rely on someone for long but simple passes the quality could only improve.

we're not talking about a hand painted work
I don't understand why DPC wastes time on the 2d renders, I'm fine with people that likes them, the art is fine... but come on, the body and faces of the majority of characters don't even match with the real ones!

Journey95

Jun 23, 2018
EP7 is already over half a year old. Was the survey conducted before or after the release of EP7? Such data is relevant. If the survey had been conducted after EP8, the results might be quite different. :unsure:

I've already read that Maya has gained prestige in the eyes of other players. And quite massively at that. For example, someone wrote that Maya went from 5th to 2nd in his personal list.(y)

A poll that is over half a year old and may have been conducted before EP7 was released can't have any valid validity.:geek:
Maya and Josy's content in the latest episode wasn't even anything special, also at least half the votes on this poll came after Episode 8 (when it was posted again on reddit by someone else), the rest after Ep 7 not before. This poll seems to be more reliable than some random user liking Maya more.

Its fine if you like them but overall they are far less popular than the other main girls. If anything Maya has declined in popularity, in the first 3 episodes she was way more liked. Now I would say a "side" girl like Quinn is also more liked

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
It's not like that. DPC is a good artist, but there are better ones, especially in Sweden, where there are a lot of game studios( EA DICE, Embracer Group, Avalanche, Paradox) and animators and artists are constantly required, and therefore a very high level of performers. Moreover, I am sure that DPC himself worked in a game studio and therefore game design is one of the strongest things in BAD.I think the main reason is that he is an introvert and a geek and the second is that he is shy about his job.
I agree that there are better 3D graphic artists out there. But that's not the point. (y)

Artists are individualists. Compare a Pablo Picasso with a Vincent van Gogh (exaggerated example). They are fundamentally different. :D

DPC is an individualist and he designs BaDIK according to his ideas. Even if another 3D graphic artist is better, he will not live up to DPC's individuality. That will never happen. Ergo, it's better if he does it himself before having to correct thousands of images.:unsure:

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes