sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Yea, books on what to do with life will be available in link.
Only 99.99 :LOL:
Sorry to say... I need a couple of rounds with the bitc... I mean ladies so all I can spare is 1$... :ROFLMAO:
money = 10
Back for more ya harlo... I mean lovely gals ! Okay last offer 2$... :KEK:
:BootyTime:

• Haha
Reactions: TajaRrR

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Reading it back you could be right. I always took the wording as it being he refused her sexually but it is a blind assumption based on the idea they've been together for a long time. It easily could have been (as you said) he refused her generally. It ties into how she acted in the flashback too and it makes her remark about her mother knowing a bit more palatable. Sure, a child might discuss their sexlife with their mother but Jade commenting on the idea he was refusing her sexually is a little off compared to how it would be if he was refusing her advances generally (in which case her commenting on it isn't weird.)

However if they have been together for give or take a year (with that largely being without sex) it really does raise the question of how she fell so deeply in love and put all this effort into a relationship that shortlived and bad. We've never really been told why she was so into him and it being shortlived just makes that worse. It kinda goes against what Sage is throughout the story that she seemingly pined for some guy for two years, got with him and it was terrible, but she fell madly in love to the point she wouldn't break it off? Unless the way Chad treated her then made her the way she is now? The Sage we know now is different from how she was and her frustrations made her the "DIK" leaning character she was in season 1 before the MC's magic cock cured her.

To be honest Sage is all over the place now. Maybe we're just missing something. Maybe there's more to the Chad/Sage relationship but it's kinda too late to show it. Establishing their relationship earlier might have made the being gay hit harder. May have made her finally coming around on dating the MC more impactful... Made her reluctance to date the MC make sense... Explained her confidence when it came to men (Nobody turns her down apparently but all we've seen is her being rejected and in your theory she was rejected for a long time).

I dunno. We shall see.
Sage suffers badly from her attractiveness being taken for granted. She was initially introduced as the queen of the party girls: president of the HOTs, girlfriend of the biggest man on campus, sexy redhead 'bad' girl, the works. Naturally, such a girl would be extremely desirable. As time went on and we learned Sage's actual story, it turns out most of those initial impressions were incorrect (or at least very misleading): Sage is committed to a completely sexless relationship, she struggles to form emotional bonds with anyone, and most of the HOT sisters are way less inhibited than she is.

But despite this dramatic change in how Sage is presented, it seems DPC never really thought about what that would mean for Sage herself. Sage was originally intended to be confident, so she remains confident despite no longer having anything in her backstory that would justify such confidence (and several things that would contradict it). She'll give the MC an important lecture in how life outside a bubble works despite, it turns out, actually having far LESS understanding of how her sorority works than Rusty did of the DIKs.

I don't think we're supposed to notice these contradictions. I think we're supposed to accept all our initial impressions of Sage as valid, and then consider the specific circumstances as unique exceptions that have no larger implications. It's a bit like the Affinity system: we're supposed to accept the overall 'feel' of the setup even when the details wind up contradicting it.

It's one of DPC's biggest weaknesses as a writer, IMHO.

It's the final post of 2021! I hope you've had a great time over the holiday.

I've been working on animations, sounds, and music this week.

I've been making longer animations in general for the episode and a higher ratio of SFW (safe for work) animations than I normally do. I really enjoy it!

So far, I have added 18 new songs to the interlude. I might need a few more before I'm done with that.

2022 is soon here, and the year will start big-time.

It's finally time for DIKs on Steam and GOG platforms to continue their adventures! Season 2 will release worldwide (at least everywhere I'm not banned) on January 6, 12:00 AM CET.

I will focus on final preparations for Steam and GOG releases in the upcoming week. Hopefully, the release will be smooth sailing so that game development can continue at full capacity after that.

Something else to look forward to is the patron milestone reward. The patron milestone poll ended today, and bundle number 2 came out on top. I will create every submission in this bundle and post them on Patreon for every patron, starting in January.

Also, in January, I will post another Q&A submissions post where you can ask me anything related to the game and the game development. As usual, it will be a spoiler-free Q&A, and I will answer as many of your questions as possible.

It's almost been a year since the last Q&A and making it an annual activity feels right. Some answers might have changed with time, and I might feel different about some responses today, so repeat questions are welcomed.

Soon, we'll leave 2021 behind, and I, for one, can't wait. 2021 was a year of very mixed emotions for me. But on the positive side of things, I reached some huge milestones this year.

2021 was the year when Season 2 was fully developed.

It was the year when GOG handpicked Acting Lessons and Being a DIK to their selection of games.

And it was the year when 18343 of you guys supported me at once. This is close to double the number of patrons at the end of 2020 (9288 patrons).

I still remember celebrating hitting 1000 patrons and how big that was for me. I would never have been able to imagine this.

Happy new year, DIKs! Thank you for all your support!

I hope that 2022 is better than recent years, in all ways imaginable for all of us.

I look forward to bringing you the start to Season 3 and another year of game development!

Love

Dr PinkCake
I guess we're back to weekly updates. That's probably for the best, even if this one contains virtually no news. 18 new songs for ~60 minutes of gameplay feels excessive to me. Maybe he wants to solidify a different vibe for the 'west coast' feel?

I'm still waiting for DPC to give me any reason to buy into this whole Interlude idea, but so far nothing. :(

TajaRrR

Jun 16, 2018
At least you get it... imagine my frustration when I MUST explain this to someone... :eek:
I get that no problem and I bet level of frustration was pretty high, show them pictures next time or something :BootyTime:

But I don't get one think... I know it's off topic and will be deleted but.. What is that?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
Reactions: sixart

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
I mean I was already a Dik long before I got there. They're defo my top 2 love interests for the MC so far, so what I ended up doing is use the cheat mod to make the MC neutral right before the choice. Hopefully this doesn't cause issues later on.
Will cause issues if you play the nexts episodes without the mod.

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
Sage suffers badly from her attractiveness being taken for granted. She was initially introduced as the queen of the party girls: president of the HOTs, girlfriend of the biggest man on campus, sexy redhead 'bad' girl, the works. Naturally, such a girl would be extremely desirable. As time went on and we learned Sage's actual story, it turns out most of those initial impressions were incorrect (or at least very misleading): Sage is committed to a completely sexless relationship, she struggles to form emotional bonds with anyone, and most of the HOT sisters are way less inhibited than she is.

But despite this dramatic change in how Sage is presented, it seems DPC never really thought about what that would mean for Sage herself. Sage was originally intended to be confident, so she remains confident despite no longer having anything in her backstory that would justify such confidence (and several things that would contradict it). She'll give the MC an important lecture in how life outside a bubble works despite, it turns out, actually having far LESS understanding of how her sorority works than Rusty did of the DIKs.

I don't think we're supposed to notice these contradictions. I think we're supposed to accept all our initial impressions of Sage as valid, and then consider the specific circumstances as unique exceptions that have no larger implications. It's a bit like the Affinity system: we're supposed to accept the overall 'feel' of the setup even when the details wind up contradicting it.

You're not alone. ;)

screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png

It's one of DPC's biggest weaknesses as a writer, IMHO.

And, you're not alone. :confused:

• Sad
Reactions: ename144

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
I get that no problem and I bet level of frustration was pretty high, show them pictures next time or something :BootyTime:

But I don't get one think... I know it's off topic and will be deleted but.. What is that?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The pic assist... forget about it :KEK: I let them figure it out for themselves... or it can be a rude awakening too ! :ROFLMAO:
1570908_3x_1.gif
About the spoiler thing... I'm sorry but I don't follow... what is what ??? :WaitWhat:

TajaRrR

Jun 16, 2018
The pic assist... forget about it :KEK: I let them figure it out for themselves... or it can be a rude awakening too ! :ROFLMAO:
1570908_3x_1.gif
Oh that's evil... Nice :KEK:
32-328513_share-pepe-the-frog-evil.jpg

About the spoiler thing... I'm sorry but I don't follow... what is what ??? :WaitWhat:
Well I found weird game and tags in genre scared me a little bit.. rape? Necrophilia? I don't shame kinks and all but it suprised me a little that's all.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Well I found weird game and tags in genre scared me a little bit.. rape? Necrophilia? I don't shame kinks and all but it suprised me a little that's all.
In a matter of speaking there are some situations where you could use " rape " as a label ( shoehorned but still... ) As for " Necrophilia "... just look at the thread how many wanna fuck their dead mom :confused: Might be in a dream sequence we will even do something like that...

Come on the first is a crime the second is a mental disease it's very thoughtful of freaks to try to put them into a " kink " category but it just don't fit well :LOL:

Reactions: TajaRrR and MrD812

TajaRrR

Jun 16, 2018
just look at the thread how many wanna fuck their dead mom :confused: Might be in a dream sequence we will even do something like that...
Yea you right, I saw a lot of posts about that, even in three way.. :(

Come on the first is a crime the second is a mental disease it's very thoughtful of freaks to try to put them into a " kink " category but it just don't fit well :LOL:
And I was here thinking that NTR is weird, but that kind of people are on another level :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: sixart

Afapp

Aug 4, 2021
Jade: Either she fucked the MC or she fucked Derek. If the MC fucked Jade, he will lose 3 LI's (Sage, Josy and Maya) and lose credibility. Who knows what will come after that. If Derek fucked Jade, that will come out too, which is definitely not in Maya's favor. Derek probably fucked Jade and there are 3 clues to that. First, his list of girls. I don't think Jade would confide in any of her students, especially Derek, that she is menopausal. The second clue is that the MC himself admits that Gender Studies was not an easy assignment. But Derek also passed the course even though he was actually the most incompetent. KRJ is the third clue. Maya actually told almost everyone that Derek was her brother. Karen didn't know, which also confused Derek. Did Maya keep it from Karen and maybe a few others because Derek passed the class the sexy way?
Umm... no. If Derek fucked Jade, that would assume that Derek "no filter" Bailey kept that a secret from MC and the DIK's. I put the chances of that at 0.0%. He would have no motivation to keep it a secret, and every motivation to shout it from the top of the DIK's mansion. Also he admitted to this:
Screenshot 2021-12-26 220950.jpg
but would keep banging Jade a secret? That's a hard no.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Umm... no. If Derek fucked Jade, that would assume that Derek "no filter" Bailey kept that a secret from MC and the DIK's. I put the chances of that at 0.0%. He would have no motivation to keep it a secret, and every motivation to shout it from the top of the DIK's mansion. Also he admitted to this:
View attachment 1572995
but would keep banging Jade a secret? That's a hard no.
my eyes hurt

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes