Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
the point he is getting at, is that he choosed dick always instead chick and he and me too, have neutral affinity
If in episode 8 your affinity is not yet defined, it is because you have not totally leaned towards DIK or CHICK.

DPC could have left the choice to the players: neutral, or the majority DIK / CHICK affinity.

Unless neutral becomes a true affinity, and not a default choice.

Reactions: hiddink

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
Patrick blackmails his own daughter for a religious reason. Okay, that's not fanatical. Sarkmus.

In humans, morality is no longer biological. It used to be, before people started thinking logically and acting instinctively. Ethics is the basis for moral values.

"for instance a politician that steals is immoral because its stealing from everyone but from his point of view he is just looking out for his family and a moral man provides for his family!" The politician, the man of the family, is condemned for his immoral behavior. He is put in prison and can no longer take care of his family. Absolute moral action of the politician and father of the family. Sarkmus.

An immoral action can be considered justified, but remains ethically wrong. This is the correct order.

Example: person 1 is attacked by person 2. Person 1 kills person 2 unintentionally. The killing is an immoral act that can be justified as self-defense. But the killing itself is ethically wrong.
This guy is now trying to teach philosophy on F95zone.

Having sex is an act. is having sex an immoral act? That is how we reproduce.

Having sex in public - is immoral depending the society or group you are in. having sex (not an immoral act) in public (location) it becomes immoral.

Conclusion: There is no such a thing as immoral act. an action can become immoral under certain circustances according to how the society you are in will see it. Morals are based on the society customs.

For some societies like Vikings, killing isn't immoral. For some hunting societies and even states (in case of US) killing isn't immoral. But for my outsider society, that killing can be considered immoral but "justified" by law.
^
And this is what usually happens with Islam. So many outsiders with their society morals, will look into an islam society (and their morals) and find many acts as immoral and judge them.

You should keep your philosophy statements to your philosophy classes. Don't bring it to a forum where the subject has nothing to do with it. Specially when you have low knowledge about the subject but talks about it like if it is a result of a 2+2 math question. Your theory just got refuted and I could go long way into it, just not worth it though.

Last edited:

kyrlian

May 26, 2017
the point he is getting at, is that he choosed dick always instead chick and he and me too, have neutral affinity
Are you using Scrappy's mod? I never play full Dik (always do some Major Chick choices like talking to Steve) and have no problems getting permanent Dik Affinity. Maybe the mod fucks with the code.

Permanent Affinity is a big mistake btw, the game will be more linear and we'll be forced to accept options we don't really like.

Afapp

Aug 4, 2021
Ok maybe not the best quote. But the meaning was if you change your name you still have the same smell! Just swap out rose for a steaming pile.
How about this one instead“ Here’s another clue for you all, the walrus is Paul”

• Haha
Reactions: dalli_x

hiddink

Jul 20, 2017
Are you using Scrappy's mod? I never play full Dik (always do some Major Chick choices like talking to Steve) and have no problems getting permanent Dik Affinity. Maybe the mod fucks with the code.

Permanent Affinity is a big mistake btw, the game will be more linear and we'll be forced to accept options we don't really like.
nope i didn t play with any mod or guide

Casiope

Nov 30, 2017

Some complain about having to choose an affinity, others a unique love interest, but I for one am pleased. We had enough time and opportunities to set the personality of the main character, now we will enjoy a more-linear narrative but a custom one. This is, in my opinion, the only way to develop a coherent conclusion.

Not to forget all the variables with a long-lasting impact on the hero's life: from his relationship with Derek to Chad's coming out. If the creator feels the need to simplify the equation in order to focus on the plotlines, I gladly support it!

Last edited:

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
This is the end of Episode 7. As you can see I made 8 Dik choice. and 5 Chick choice.
so I have a well earned Dik Affinity

Now in Episode 8. The season finale, has 2 more Major choice. Can you tell me why I end up as having Neutral permanent affinity, even if I pick both Dik options in episode 8.?
There has been a permanent neutral affinity on the horizon since v0.6.

The problem is DPC screwed over those of us staving off permanent affinity by changing the rules in v0.8.

In v0.6 & 0.7 there were supposed to be 17 major choices before neutral locked in.

In v0.8 he changed it to 15, so you get locked in at the midterm toilet break.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I assume DPC did this to sort it out before the end of season 2, but it's a pita. Now I have to retcon my chick runs, as they will come out neutral atm.

I dislike the permanent affinity, as it reduces player choice. Even goody two-shoes break the rules sometimes and vice versa.

Certainly easier to plan/code the game with locked in affinities though.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
There has been a permanent neutral affinity on the horizon since v0.6.

The problem is DPC screwed over those of us staving off permanent affinity by changing the rules in v0.8.

In v0.6 & 0.7 there were supposed to be 17 major choices before neutral locked in.

In v0.8 he changed it to 15, so you get locked in at the midterm toilet break.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I assume DPC did this to sort it out before the end of season 2, but it's a pita. Now I have to retcon my chick runs, as they will come out neutral atm.

I dislike the permanent affinity, as it reduces player choice. Even goody two-shoes break the rules sometimes and vice versa.

Certainly easier to plan/code the game with locked in affinities though.

it being easier to plan/code could give us at least more impactful choices.

Up until now it’s been “smoke weed on the roof and 8 days later get to fuck a stripper” kinda cause and effect. The affinity system wasn’t really “player choice” because (and this is a common criticism of morality systems in games) you don’t pick what you would do you pick whatever maintains your affinity.

he may as well have had “DIK or chick” button at the start and have a linear narrative from there. Neutrality doesn’t change much and individual affinity choices (largely) mean fuck all. All the big changes in the story occur outside of it.

Affinity in this game (like so many) was rapidly boiling down to an illusion of choice. You picked early what route you wanted and just followed the colour coded choices.

The walkthrough seems to indicate it will rely now on previous choices being a direct cause and effect with future content. That’s much better (theoretically) and should give us better choices without being railroaded to follow a pre-ordained route. I wanna choose what I would do in a given situation and see how it plays out… not be arbitrarily labelled chick/DIK and get a colour coded ending.

Reactions: ename144

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
My opinion only and NOT to dis Maya, however....

Knowing Lily's story pulls the rug out from any sympathy I had for Maya's college funding situation.

View attachment 1576760
Sex work, of whatever sort, is not for everyone. Lily has the confidence and mental strength to handle being a stripper. Maya REALLY does not. Some people can handle it: Quinn, yes; Sage (if she wanted and needed to, which she doesn't), yes; Camila, Sarah, and Meline, yes; Riona, I'm not sure (she puts up a good face, but she is showing some stress around the matter). Josy might be able to handle it, but never Maya. Just as some are suited to be Doctors, other's Lawyers, and still others taxi drivers, some are suited to sex work. You wouldn't blame a lawyer for not being a doctor - why would you blame Maya for not being able to be a sex worker...And there isn't another "low skill" job out there which will pay for a college education in the USA.

(But Lily is an amazing character!!!)

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,529 Votes