Casiope

Nov 30, 2017
Please don't use the term social justice warrior whenever you run out of arguments, it makes no sense and belittles you. Calling all criticism SJW has become the Goldwin's law of the 21st century. So, instead of judging or insulting (since it seems to be an insult for some people), why not try to contradict and raise your own opinion.

And getting back to Steam achievements for Being a DIK, I'm always surprised by how many people buy games but don't even get halfway through them. Unless many buy, test and then ask for a refund.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Please don't use the term social justice warrior all over the place whenever you run out of arguments, it makes no sense and belittles you. Calling all criticism SJW has become the Goldwin's law of the 21st century. So, instead of judging or insulting (since it seems to be an insult for some people), why not try to contradict and raise your own opinions.

And getting back to Steam achievements for Being a DIK, I'm always surprised by how many people buy games but don't even get halfway through them. Unless many buy, test and then ask for a refund.
I'll probably get Season 2 just for the hell of it and to support DPC more, and leave a damn good review, because I've loved it, and maybe it'll help people decide on whether or not to get it. I don't know, and at $18 now, I'd call that deal a steal.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
I'll probably get Season 2 just for the hell of it, and leave a damn good review, because I've loved it, and maybe it'll help people decide on whether or not to get it. I don't know, and at $18 now, I'd call that deal a steal.
I'm really tempted to leave a review for it, but not write anything about the game and just link this forum for people to see. :Kappa:

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Please don't use the term social justice warrior whenever you run out of arguments, it makes no sense and belittles you. Calling all criticism SJW has become the Goldwin's law of the 21st century. So, instead of judging or insulting (since it seems to be an insult for some people), why not try to contradict and raise your own opinion.

I think a lot of those sales are to people who play it here and buy it on Steam to "support", it also applies to the 1 dollar patreons. You download it from here, play it, buy it on steam and save a lot of money.

Reactions: DarkKiller

lfxyf001

Mar 15, 2021
See the announcement that the dlc of the second season is already out. And in steam shelves, I do not know what updated content.

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
I think a lot of those sales are to people who play it here and buy it on Steam to "support", it also applies to the 1 dollar patreons. You download it from here, play it, buy it on steam and save a lot of money.
It makes way more sense as well, I recognize DPC's effort to develop the game, but I'm sorry, it's not worth 5, 10 or a 100 times more money than a good AAA title. I mean, I paid 80 dollars for Demon's Souls on PS5 and even that I think it's already way too expensive.

It really depends on people's perspectives though.

Aug 26, 2019
the choice is 'infamous' because we players know that Jill has a real problem (let's call it that...) because of us, otherwise in real life there wouldn't even be any doubt about what to do

there's no need for Sage to be in mortal danger, we made a commitment and that's enough
Yeah in real life if you've got the heart's for a girl no commitment matters
Also I don't think so Jill knew about the mc commitment to sage and I don't think so mc even tried to tell Jill that So that's ok DPC( but the scenario DPC created is very realistic imo).

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
It makes way more sense as well, I recognize DPC's effort to develop the game, but I'm sorry, it's not worth 5, 10 or a 100 times more money than a good AAA title. I mean, I paid 80 dollars for Demon's Souls on PS5 and even that I think it's already way too expensive.

It really depends on people's perspectives though.
Yeah, but there are some games that are really really worth it. I'm not saying that at this point while being unfinished the game is worth 30 dollars (or whatever the Steam price was), but when it's completed it probably would be.

For example last game I got was the Final Fantasy 7 Remake and it cost like 70 dollars and I thought it was a lot, but after I finished it, I had this feeling and it was like I felt that I played the best game I ever played in the last 10-15 years.

Reactions: DarkKiller

Casiope

Nov 30, 2017
But I understand that Patreon takes a lower commission than Steam (9-12% vs. 25%, 30% for gog.com), so it is more valuable financially to support the creator on Patreon. But it's true that you can't leave a review on the creation platform, which is also another form of support since it helps to make this game known.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Also I don't think so Jill knew about the mc commitment to sage and I don't think so mc even tried to tell Jill that So that's ok DPC( but the scenario DPC created is very realistic imo).
Mc explains it to her, it is not that he leaves her in front of the door in doubt.
and Jill even pretends to understand (but holding the ultimate grudge).

bloombee

Sep 16, 2017
The only terrible thing about this game is that it destroyed any other game with its visuals and in terms of what it offers. I feel sad that there's literally no other game to compete with this game.

I felt the same thing with the witcher 3. It's my all-time favourite game but it's also the game I hate the most since it's not comparable with anything, given how perfect it is. That reason alone makes it one of the most unique games I have ever played. And badik is the same thing within its genre

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
Yeah, but there are some games that are really really worth it. I'm not saying that at this point while being unfinished the game is worth 30 dollars (or whatever the Steam price was), but when it's completed it probably would be.

For example last game I got was the Final Fantasy 7 Remake and it cost like 70 dollars and I thought it was a lot, but after I finished it, I had this feeling and it was like I felt that I played the best game I ever played in the last 10-15 years.
Exactly, I mean, many AAA games nowadays take 4/5 years to develop, so if DPC had been silent for a couple of years and then released the whole 4 seasons of BaDIK on steam and it cost 80 dollars, I would most likely buy it and think it was worth it.
I understand why many people do it but right now I can't justify spending a shit ton of money on patreon and then having to wait 6 months for a single episode.
It makes way more sense to buy it on steam when the whole season releases, even if I don't play it there and pirate it here :HideThePain:.

Reactions: Warscared

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
The only terrible thing about this game is that it destroyed any other game with its visuals and in terms of what it offers. I feel sad that there's literally no other game to compete with this game.

I felt the same thing with the witcher 3. It's my all-time favourite game but it's also the game I hate the most since it's not comparable with anything, given how perfect it is. That reason alone makes it one of the most unique games I have ever played. And badik is the same thing within its genre
It's true.

No other VN can really compare to this, this one broke the mold and shattered the ceiling.

It's basically what DOOM did back in the day ('92-'93) and ever since then, FPS' have been trying to copy that or at least ride it's coat-tails a bit (as I feel "GTFO" is and does)

Some VNs come close to BaDIK, but nothing is ever going to beat it or reach the heights in popularity this game has.

Reactions: znar25

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
mc "I'm so sorry. You caught me at a bad time."
mc "I made a promise to a friend to come help her."
mc "She's sick and needs someone to take care of her."

ji "Oh... Yeah, of course. I understand."
ji "I didn't plan anything big. It was spontaneous."
ji "You're allowed to have other plans. Haha..."
ji "So, uh. Happy birthday."

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes