resgar

Mar 15, 2020
So, does anyone expecting vicious yandere Zoey appears here? Who, i think, starts stab all girls fucked by MC. No, not bloody and gore. Mb not even real finished murders. Just silent stealth stabs and growing fear and suspence.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
With the game now released on steam does anyone know how much time we got left till the interlude
According to DPC's last Patreon post about it, this is what he said...

I've been working on animations, sounds, and music this week.

I've been making longer animations in general for the episode and a higher ratio of SFW (safe for work) animations than I normally do. I really enjoy it!

So far, I have added 18 new songs to the interlude. I might need a few more before I'm done with that.

--------------------------------------

We don't know how long it's going to be, but he seems to be moving at a pretty good pace. He's also doing the Patreon rewards renders as well. I'm not even going to offer an estimation on it, but completely guessing within the next couple of months, MAYBE early March?

I haven't the foggiest idea though.

EthanP.

Dec 27, 2017
I haven't played the part in which you do not call Derek to tell him about Ashley during the HOT party, but it is likely that night she and Derek hook up as seen by her doing the walk of shame. Then we have the image at the end of episode 7 in which both are talking, and Derek is likely telling his feelings for her. Then we jump at the start of episode 8 in which the two have been talking, and Derek tells her he wants her, but Ashley tells him she still hasn't talked to Anthony.

No idea if she could be the pregnant one, but what is happening here is that Ashley slept with Derek, and the two have feelings for each other, but Ash is dating Anthony and it seems she doesn't want to hurt him. Derek is trying to convince her to leave Ant for him. But so far she hasn't done anything since she is seen still sitting next to Ant in class and walking with him during the midterms (you can see them in the background after the Math test). Clearly the MC will have to step up at some point.

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017

It was an amazing week, and right now, I'm drained. Releasing the game on Steam and GOG was such a relief in many ways, and I could feel how my stress levels have reduced since yesterday.

The launch went smoothly, thanks to rigorous testing by my team of testers, and the launch also exceeded my expectations for it.

It makes me both overjoyed and intimidated seeing what level we're at after these 3.5-ish years of development of Being a DIK.

The best feeling about today is that I can put 100% focus on game development again very soon.

The last two months have been filled with testing, bug fixing, behind-the-scenes work in preparation for the Steam/GOG release, and customer support.

It's been necessary work, but I'm happy knowing I can get back to what I truly love doing very soon - creating.

I have been sneaking away to work on the interlude a lot throughout all of this. It's been my guilty pleasure, and it's coming along very nicely.

I don't dare estimate how far I am with the development, but I have a very good feeling about the progress. I'll know more soon when I work full-time on it.

Season 3 release information
When Season 3 drops on Patreon, with the interlude being the first mini-episode, I want to clarify what you can expect when it comes to the release.

You will be able to get the base Season 3 version (The Interlude) from these tiers:

• Huge DIK tier ($25) at release
  • DIK tier ($10), three days after release
  • And even the Mini DIK tier ($5), two weeks after release
This means that you don't have to pledge the DIK tier to get the Interlude. And you can use this version and patch it throughout Season 3 in the Mini DIK tier if you wish.

The usual release schedule will resume starting with episode 9, which follows the interlude. When episode 9 is released, the base game is placed in the DIK tier as usual, and only the patches will be available in the Mini DIK tier.

Transferring save files to Season 3
You can use any save transfer files from either Patreon/GOG/Steam Season 2 versions to start playing Season 3 on Patreon when it is released.

To show you how it looks like when you transfer a save to Season 3, this is an example of the Patreon/GOG import screen (they share the slots).

And if you click the text button up top that says "Click to change source," you can conveniently swap to importing the Steam save files. Like this:

Click any of your save files to load and continue your adventure.

The actual saving and loading within Season 3 are handled like usual; only the save transfer between Season 2 and Season 3 looks like this.

The saves you make while playing the Patreon version won't work with Steam or GOG versions when those versions are released in the future.

I hope all of this gets clear in time; it often helps to have the game and click the buttons for yourself to understand it better. I'll do my best to help sort out any confusion along the way.

Patron milestone reward
I'll end this status update with a huge thank you to everyone supporting me here and/or on Steam/GOG.

And here is the next reward in the patron milestone series; the first wallpaper of Maya and Josy, as ordered.

cr_8_josy_maya_fullHD.png

UWD
cr_8_josy_maya_UWD.png

We're up to part 3 now out of...many parts.

Have a great weekend, DIKs and HOTs

Love

Dr PinkCake

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019

It was an amazing week, and right now, I'm drained. Releasing the game on Steam and GOG was such a relief in many ways, and I could feel how my stress levels have reduced since yesterday.

The launch went smoothly, thanks to rigorous testing by my team of testers, and the launch also exceeded my expectations for it.

It makes me both overjoyed and intimidated seeing what level we're at after these 3.5-ish years of development of Being a DIK.

The best feeling about today is that I can put 100% focus on game development again very soon.

The last two months have been filled with testing, bug fixing, behind-the-scenes work in preparation for the Steam/GOG release, and customer support.

It's been necessary work, but I'm happy knowing I can get back to what I truly love doing very soon - creating.

I have been sneaking away to work on the interlude a lot throughout all of this. It's been my guilty pleasure, and it's coming along very nicely.

I don't dare estimate how far I am with the development, but I have a very good feeling about the progress. I'll know more soon when I work full-time on it.

When Season 3 drops on Patreon, with the interlude being the first mini-episode, I want to clarify what you can expect when it comes to the release.

You will be able to get the base Season 3 version (The Interlude) from these tiers:

This means that you don't have to pledge the DIK tier to get the Interlude. And you can use this version and patch it throughout Season 3 in the Mini DIK tier if you wish.

The usual release schedule will resume starting with episode 9, which follows the interlude. When episode 9 is released, the base game is placed in the DIK tier as usual, and only the patches will be available in the Mini DIK tier.

You can use any save transfer files from either Patreon/GOG/Steam Season 2 versions to start playing Season 3 on Patreon when it is released.

To show you how it looks like when you transfer a save to Season 3, this is an example of the Patreon/GOG import screen (they share the slots).

And if you click the text button up top that says "Click to change source," you can conveniently swap to importing the Steam save files. Like this:

The actual saving and loading within Season 3 are handled like usual; only the save transfer between Season 2 and Season 3 looks like this.

The saves you make while playing the Patreon version won't work with Steam or GOG versions when those versions are released in the future.

I hope all of this gets clear in time; it often helps to have the game and click the buttons for yourself to understand it better. I'll do my best to help sort out any confusion along the way.

Patron milestone reward
I'll end this status update with a huge thank you to everyone supporting me here and/or on Steam/GOG.

And here is the next reward in the patron milestone series; the first wallpaper of Maya and Josy, as ordered.

View attachment 1584511

UWD
View attachment 1584512

Love

Dr PinkCake
Of course, 2 months for bug fixing and testing is scary, but apparently DPC has a good feeling about the progress of the interlude. We are waiting for details next week.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BorgiaBou

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Patron milestone reward

View attachment 1584511

UWD
View attachment 1584512

Love

Dr PinkCake
It's cool the Season 3 import will work across platforms. That's a handy feature.

Otherwise, not much to see here. Hopefully we'll finally get a sense of what the Interlude *is* next week now that he's working on it full time, but I think we're a month past when we should have learned that.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Of course, 2 months for bug fixing and testing is scary, but apparently DPC has a good feeling about the progress of the interlude. We are waiting for details next week.
I’m Getting a little a little hesitant on my early February prediction, though honestly if it takes much longer than that it would be ridiculous. I don’t think we’ll have a good estimate until he announces some render numbers. We can also presume it’s more linear than other episodes so hopefully much less testing.

Pendrell

Apr 10, 2020
It's cool the Season 3 import will work across platforms. That's a handy feature.

Otherwise, not much to see here. Hopefully we'll finally get a sense of what the Interlude *is* next week now that he's working on it full time, but I think we're a month past when we should have learned that.
Lots of activity in recent updates, but none of it focused on what I’m most interested in. For understandable reasons, but no less frustrating. Let’s face it, I’m sure the Interlude will be perfectly fine and maybe even surprising in places, but every minute spent on it is another minute we have to wait for the main event - episode 9.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
I’m Getting a little a little hesitant on my early February prediction, though honestly if it takes much longer than that it would be ridiculous. I don’t think we’ll have a good estimate until he announces some render numbers. We can also presume it’s more linear than other episodes so hopefully much less testing.
In parallel with testing, DPC makes animations, renderings and mini-games, as it claims in status updates. I think he has been testing and preparing all week, so there is not much progress.

19Castiel23

Jul 25, 2017

Patron milestone reward

View attachment 1584511

UWD
View attachment 1584512

Love

Dr PinkCake
Josy and Maya my love :love:

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes