kyrlian

May 26, 2017
BaDIK #2 top global sellers yesterday

Not bad :cool:

In parallel with testing, DPC makes animations, renderings and mini-games, as it claims in status updates. I think he has been testing and preparing all week, so there is not much progress.
He needs to provide support to GoG&Steam players so next weeks will be slow too, that task is a time sunk. I was thinking february now I'm thinking march.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
BaDIK #2 top global sellers yesterday

Not bad :cool:

He needs to provide support to GoG&Steam players so next weeks will be slow too, that task is a time sunk. I was thinking february now I'm thinking march.
The main bugs have already been fixed with patches. The main problem that users have addressed on the forum and in the discord is the conflict of pirated modifications and cheats. So I think everything will go smoothly.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
I think the episodes will take longer to create going forward because of the branching.
Yes :p And Nope :p Theoretically this would be happening but since he knows this too he said that the updates onward won't be filled with THAT MUCH content as were 7-8... this will help somewhar to maintain the approx 6 months production time / chapter(s)... Though this does not mention any unexpected mishaps so the production length may still vary so or so ! :p:LOL:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
He has a team of testers, so I think testing and bug fixing took no more than 40% of his working time. He has already done a number of animations and renders..
I don't think he's talking about less than 40% of his work:

The last two months have been filled with testing, bug fixing, behind-the-scenes work in preparation for the Steam/GOG release, and customer support.
I think the episodes will take longer to create going forward because of the branching.
with DPC the branching is reduced to a minimum, the only thing that will really change is that in one run you will be able to see "less" content

As is almost always the case there will be a series of scenes that you can access or not, including the break up with the girls dumped in the decision of last chapter

And 6 months of development is not a small amount of time...

Reactions: mindern

Redd23

Mar 11, 2018
We are waiting for a mini-episode about Riona, Quinn, Vinnie, Jade...
I think the whole sentence gives it other meaning:
"When Season 3 drops on Patreon, with the interlude being the first mini-episode"
So Interlude is supposed to be a first "episode" for Season 3, and that's all (at least I'm hoping I undestand that correctly, coz while having mini-episode about Riona would be cool, I'd rather see main plot being developed at steady pace without any extra delays... ;) )

JackThe Lad

Oct 6, 2021
with DPC the branching is reduced to a minimum, the only thing that will really change is that in one run you will be able to see "less" content

As is almost always the case there will be a series of scenes that you can access or not, including the break up with the girls dumped in the decision of last chapter
I really hope that isn't going to be the case. I've actually finished very few Ren'Py games, because I always hate being forced into a certain direction. This game so far has being giving a lot more choice imo, I just hope it ends with us being able to pick what girl we want to end up with. I know that's probably not going to happen, because it's a huge amount of content to create.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
I think the whole sentence gives it other meaning:
"When Season 3 drops on Patreon, with the interlude being the first mini-episode"
So Interlude is supposed to be a first "episode" for Season 3, and that's all (at least I'm hoping I undestand that correctly, coz while having mini-episode about Riona would be cool, I'd rather see main plot being developed at steady pace without any extra delays... ;) )
Before that, he called the Interlude just a mini-episode. Although indeed this may be a common technical clarification. But it seems to me that mini-episodes will become the norm for him and an interludies between long releases of the main episodes.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
I don't feel the hype at all, but don't let me and others who have soured on the Interlude dissuade you. Plenty of people are excited for it and will probably have a good time playing it. For me, I'd rather DPC have scrapped the Interlude altogether and just get straight into ep. 9 instead of focusing so much time on one background character.
[/QUOTE]
And, one background character that would otherwise have been mostly forgotten with everything else going on. Not an Interlude fan myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Majindevil

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I really hope that isn't going to be the case. I've actually finished very few Ren'Py games, because I always hate being forced into a certain direction. This game so far has being giving a lot more choice imo, I just hope it ends with us being able to pick what girl we want to end up with. I know that's probably not going to happen, because it's a huge amount of content to create.
no forcing on the LI to be chosen (apart from some blocking mechanisms linked to affinity or other)

but the story will remain solidly one

at the meeting with Burke MC goes there anyway, and when he sees Jade's picture he panics anyway
in the same way when there will be to solve the mystery of Lynette's photo anyway Mc will do it with Jill

Then there will be scenes that you can access or not depending on the choices you make.

only the fourth chapter has been strongly different from player to player, and in fact the characters have decided to forget everything that eventually happened back then... because this premature divergence didn't fit with the story

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
no forcing on the LI to be chosen (apart from some blocking mechanisms linked to affinity or other)

but the story will remain solidly one

at the meeting with Burke MC goes there anyway, and when he sees Jade's picture he panics anyway
in the same way when there will be to solve the mystery of Lynette's photo anyway Mc will do it with Jill

Then there will be scenes that you can access or not depending on the choices you make.

only the fourth chapter has been strongly different from player to player, and in fact the characters have decided to forget everything that eventually happened back then... because this premature divergence didn't fit with the story
Picture of the family. I don't think it's about Jade necessarily but Tyballs.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
I disagree.

There is a mention of this in EP8.

Interlude= 1 month
CH9= 1 month after that.
Total 2 months.

2022 could have a lot of releases !!!!!!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

tysched.JPG

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes