sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
I read that a week or so ago here from someone else, so don't shoot the messenger :)
It's not an impossible time table... although I would put it like March-August but the interval remains the same... the ninth chapter will be significantly shorter as were chapters 7-8... so a 5 month developement time is well within the cards :p

But still... BANG !!! :ROFLMAO:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
??? With a February release of the much hated Interlude how could you even conceive of a July release for ep9? That would mean a flat 5 months of development, something DPC hasn't been able to pull off in a very long time. Even an August release would be astonishing!
from the end of November to the end of July is 8 months, which is already 2 months longer than the normal cycle.
part of the time has been occupied by the launches on GOG and STEAM, but I think we're talking about a few weeks (2-3).

now we have to see how much the interlude is extra work or how much is at least partially an anticipation of the ninth chapter
for me it should have been the normal flashback of the beginning of the episode, on steroids to justify the autonomous release

July remains an optimistic estimate but in my opinion not impossible

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
from the end of November to the end of July is 8 months, which is already 2 months longer than the normal cycle.
part of the time has been occupied by the launches on GOG and STEAM, but I think we're talking about a few weeks (2-3).

now we have to see how much the interlude is extra work or how much is at least partially an anticipation of the ninth chapter
for me it should have been the normal flashback of the beginning of the episode, on steroids to justify the autonomous release

July remains an optimistic estimate but in my opinion not impossible
I haven't seen anything where he even mentioned working on ep9 and I don't think he's going to start until the Interlude launches

Reactions: shazba

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
??? With a February release of the much hated Interlude how could you even conceive of a July release for ep9? That would mean a flat 5 months of development, something DPC hasn't been able to pull off in a very long time. Even an August release would be astonishing!
Episode 7 was a little over 5 months in development, and that was only 1 episode ago. If the Interlude is released in early February a late July release for Episode 9 is, as Felice said, optimistic but possible.

Really, it depends on how big DPC wants the Interlude and Episode 9 to be.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
The interlude was originally supposed to be Chapter 9, so I'd imagine the actual Chapter 9 won't be as long as the others since the interlude content has been 'cut'.
I hope there is only one Interlude. I'm guessing S3 is going to be Autumn (Halloween, Thanksgiving), and S4 is going to be Winter (Xmas, MAYBE New Year?) and I'm thinking S4 is when we finally meet specific LI's parents (since we're already meeting Sage's)

By S4, I'm guessing whatever MC/LI route is active things are probably going to get pretty heavy and it makes me wonder what obstacles will be left at that point?

Will James finally come back for Bella? Amelia vs. MC/Neil? M/J still a thing, with or without the MC? All that sounds like S4 stuff to me, like an Endgame. Guessing there's still plenty "obstacle drama" left to tell in S3.

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
We'll also need one unintentionally yet profoundly deep moment with Arieth when the MC has hit rock bottom, because it seems like that's the kind of character she is.

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
Episode 7 was a little over 5 months in development, and that was only 1 episode ago. If the Interlude is released in early February a late July release for Episode 9 is, as Felice said, optimistic but possible.

Really, it depends on how big DPC wants the Interlude and Episode 9 to be.
Didn't DPC said he wanted to make the episodes a bit shorter so the wait wouldn't be that long?
The interlude is known to be pretty short and just to speed up the story behind Zoey. So that won't take that long.
Because of the interlude he won't have to pry the story of Zoey in the upcoming episodes.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Didn't DPC said he wanted to make the episodes a bit shorter so the wait wouldn't be that long?
The interlude is known to be pretty short and just to speed up the story behind Zoey. So that won't take that long.
Because of the interlude he won't have to pry the story of Zoey in the upcoming episodes.
He may have said that but I've never seen it. And I would be surprised if the Patrons would be happy with an ep9 that was significantly shorter than earlier episodes.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I haven't seen anything where he even mentioned working on ep9 and I don't think he's going to start until the Interlude launches
the latest updates are rather vague, he has clearly only spoken about the launches on the platforms, not even on the interlude has he been unbalanced so much, impossible to say where he stands on that either.

but my point was that the month, month and a half spent on the interlude could discount part of the time of the ninth chapter by being "narratively" a piece of it

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
the latest updates are rather vague, he has clearly only spoken about the launches on the platforms, not even on the interlude has he been unbalanced so much, impossible to say where he stands on that either.

but my point was that the month, month and a half spent on the interlude could discount part of the time of the ninth chapter by being "narratively" a piece of it
Maybe, but I doubt it. Especially if my theory plays out that part of the need for the interlude is to cover the fact that he couldn't deliver two full updates this year.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Maybe, but I doubt it. Especially if my theory plays out that part of the need for the interlude is to cover the fact that he couldn't deliver two full updates this year.
I don't think that

in the end we had already reached the threshold of 6 months (for me psychologically very critical) per episode, at that point it was only a matter of time that there was a year with only one episode anyway.

probably even without interlude, but only because of the double launch we would have strongly risked to have only one episode this year

Reactions: sorco2003

Casiope

Nov 30, 2017
Actually, you can get the Sage/Quinn threesome even if you've ignored the hell out of Quinn. You need to be on Sage's path (either as a fuck buddy or someone who hooked up with her in Episode 7), and you cannot have CHICK Affinity, but that's it. Quinn will make a comment about how she doesn't even like the MC but she'll still agree.

As an amusing anecdote, due to the way permanent Neutral Affinity works it's possible to miss this scene because you have not yet made enough CHICK major decisions. :confused:
Indeed, I though that Quinn would reject the main character when we refuse to help her, but she just doesn't care. So for the threesome to occur, he must either be committed to the girl or ignore her: she won't accept the main character to both hangout with her and with Jill. This proves on the one hand that for Quinn, sex is not related to feelings; and on the other hand, that she can be as jealous as Isabella.

I regret, however, that we don't know more about Quinn's animosity towards Jill, whereas the game's creator usually takes care to detail each other's opinions.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Indeed, I though that Quinn would reject the main character when we refuse to help her, but she just doesn't care. So for the threesome to occur, he must either be committed to the girl or ignore her: she won't accept the main character to both hangout with her and with Jill. This proves on the one hand that for Quinn, sex is not related to feelings; and on the other hand, that she can be as jealous as Isabella.

I regret, however, that we don't know more about Quinn's animosity towards Jill, whereas the game's creator usually takes care to detail each other's opinions.
the run with Quinn and Jill was one I was planning, having the right affinity was not prohibitive, and I was counting on the fact that as a story they never crossed paths.

I don't quite understand the sense of imposing a choice (unexplained, like Quinn's at least intuitable one towards Maya and Josy) when shortly afterwards we would have made one directly

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
It's a new year, and it's time for a new Q&A post.

The purpose of the Q&A is to be able to ask me questions about my games and the game development that you've wondered about, and I'll be able to answer them publicly for all to see.

It's a good way to reach out to many people at once since I have very limited time to answer the comments and DMs you send me.

I will answer as many questions as possible in a new post next month for all patrons.

The last time I did this, I got a lot of questions, so I might not answer everyone's questions this time.

All answers will be spoiler-free of future content, and I won't answer questions that would require me to spoil future content.

Ask your questions in the comment section below.

If you have several questions about different things, I'd appreciate it if you make separate comments for those questions.

If you want to read last year's Q&A, you can check it out .

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes