kyrlian

May 26, 2017
I was using Layne Staley to show people who keep saying that Quinn without making looks beautiful and not a drug addict, since obviously these people haven't seen drug addicts, what they look like or what they will look like if they keep going. Saying that Quinn isn't an addict is ridiculous, we've already had that needle scene where she shares a needle with Tommy (which is an extremely dangerous and retarded thing).

By the way, Layne Staley was probably in my top 3 favorite artists of all time and I'm sad at the way we lost him. Having seen how he physically deteriorated over the years was a horrible thing.
Maybe some people haven't seen a famous artist die because of drugs because that is so, so uncommon :p

I liked Alice in Chains too, I even keep their CDs.

Being an addict and looking like an addict are different things, is not clear what drugs Quinn does and she sure does not look like an addict. She is high sometimes when she is naked without makeup in her room, maybe that's why the confusion. But the renders of the fly scene are beautiful.

Tommy is depicted that way, poor lad looks really bad in his last known scene.

That scene like many others from the first chapters is a little bit out of place and modulated with the events of later episodes: she smokes weed with Tommy, Riona and MC in ch.4, she doesnt like heavy drugs in ch.6 and is reluctant to sell them, she uses a hooka in ch.7 (with some fruit shit), so she is deescalating, the next step will be vaping and investing that money in crypto.

I think she risks DPC will make her too soft, she hasn't even tried to manipulate anyone in the last two chapters.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Maybe some people haven't seen a famous artist die because of drugs because that is so, so uncommon :p

Being an addict and looking like an addict are different things, is not clear what drugs Quinn does and she sure does not look like an addict. She is high sometimes when she is naked without makeup in her room, maybe that's why the confusion. But the renders of the fly scene are beautiful.

That scene like many others from the first chapters is a little bit out of place and modulated with the events of later episodes: she smokes weed with Tommy, Riona and MC in ch.4, she doesnt like heavy drugs in ch.6 and is reluctant to sell them, she uses a hooka in ch.7 (with some fruit shit), so she is deescalating, the next step will be vaping and investing that money in crypto.

I think she risks DPC will make her too soft, she hasn't even tried to manipulate anyone in the last two chapters.
you have forgotten a scene that in my opinion is fundamental.

At the beginning of the second chapter you see Quinn injecting Tommy and himself with something. it's a short scene that was never filmed again. just because we were still at the beginning of the game it was a very strong scene, the image of the syringe immediately leads to bad thoughts, to terrible destinies.

But then it was swept away, swept under the carpet.

has DPC changed his mind and decided to minimize the problem? we'll see.

QBaSS

Mar 18, 2019

Quinn must be the healthiest druggie in the world if we judge from appearance
I also liked AiC best band of the grunge era imho

Reactions: Lostanddamned

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Largely ignorance, I think. Fostered by poor educational standards and mass media. In my too-many-years on this ball of dirt I've been with a few. Some bled, some did not. I didn't think to do a poll and ask how many of them rode horses before, but at least one of them did play football, so the rough & tumble life was nothing new. (yay for tomboys!)
The thought never really crossed my mind that Jill would bleed. I don't know, I guess I was so preoccupied with the shock of us finally not getting blue balled. And with the way Jill abused herself during her prior bedroom scene, I assumed if the horse riding didn't do the trick, the deep fingerbanging certainly would. I never understood the appeal of cherry poppin to be honest. Sex when a lady is surfing the crimson wave is bizarre enough, but add physical discomfort of a first time?...no thanks.

Anyway, I'm just glad Jill got most of her potential cringe first time dialogue out of the way when she Han(d) Soloed. That made her legit first time with MC so much better than I thought it was going to be. I didn't fully grasp why DPC included the solo (I just thought it was to torture players), but now that I realise its importance, I'm very thankful we had it.

Man, that shot is so ripe (no pun intended) for a lemonfreak render.

:oops: HOLY SHIT, y'all are in SO much trouble now :devilish::devilish::devilish:
Then I might as well bring all the hate...

Here goes:
I actually like Maya, enjoy spending time with her, and didn't get upset and mope like MC in ep. 4 when I got cast away. I think my first playthrough reaction was a momentary dumbstruck..."HUH?? they don't want my MC? That's...different." Physically, Maya isn't to my taste but I don't dislike her even if I think the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
is silly.

Reactions: ename144

kyrlian

May 26, 2017
you have forgotten a scene that in my opinion is fundamental.

At the beginning of the second chapter you see Quinn injecting Tommy and himself with something. it's a short scene that was never filmed again. just because we were still at the beginning of the game it was a very strong scene, the image of the syringe immediately leads to bad thoughts, to terrible destinies.

But then it was swept away, swept under the carpet.

has DPC changed his mind and decided to minimize the problem? we'll see.
That's the scene he talked about and I was responding to. Out of place and minimized/contradicted later, DPC just forgot or made a 180 with some early stuff.

Btw looks like a crazy dentist syringe, DPC was still learning at the time. Some early props look terrible like the famous blue van with Lily the Stripper Cop inside.

Today someone posted Maya's books, I don't think nothing is relevant from that stock Daz3d assets.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
That's the scene he talked about and I was responding to. Out of place and minimized/contradicted later, DPC just forgot or made a 180 with some early stuff.

Btw looks like a crazy dentist syringe, DPC was still learning at the time. Some early props look terrible like the famous blue van with Lily the Stripper Cop inside.

Today someone posted Maya's books, I don't think nothing is relevant from that stock Daz3d assets.
oh sorry, I missed that passage

With that out of the way, the picture is the 'quiet' one of kids having fun.

Reactions: kyrlian
Oct 18, 2021
I think this is only because DPC use the same base model to Jade and Zoe
I have already responded to this before when someone entertained such an idea, but it got deleted for some reason, but oh well :rolleyes::D
They are completely different models with Jade's character model being a mixture of these different models:
Body or
Body
Head

And Zoey's:
Body/Skin:
Head: 75%
Head:75%

As you can see, they are (as many other characters in the game) a mixture of several different models which comprise the final one we see in the game. In fact, they don't seem to have even one model in common, let alone be completely the same or identical

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
I have already responded to this before when someone entertained such an idea, but it got deleted for some reason, but oh well :rolleyes::D
They are completely different models with Jade's character model being a mixture of these different models:
Body or
Body
Head

And Zoey's:
Body/Skin:
Head: 75%
Head:75%

As you can see, they are (as many other characters in the game) a mixture of several different models which comprise the final one we see in the game. In fact, they don't seem to have even one model in common, let alone be completely the same or identical
Interesting, i didn't know that. I always thought that zoe has the same face of jade in the flashback. Thanks for this information to a true noob in 3d models

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Hi, this is one of my first posts ever so I'll introduce myself briefly: I'm a 28 years old italian guy who loves visual novels (just to name a played few: Sisterly Lust, Being a DIK, College Kings, City of Broken Dreamers: Book One, College Bound, Fetish Locator Week One - Extended Edition, Lust Theory, Summer with Mia Season 1, Acting Lessons, Fetish Locator Week Two, Lewd Island and so on...) and comes from a past of videomaking and very passionate about technology overall... (and obviously has a fetish for """anonymity""" :cool:)

I'm fairly new to all this so I apologize if the coherence of this message will be lacking but I'm planning to ask a fairly "broad question" that will need an answer from someone who clearly knows a lot more about Ren'Py than I do. I've already done 3 playthroughs of Season 1 and Season 2 (both completely on Steam) of Being a Dik with NO MODs but Unren with which I only unlocked the console (no Developer Menu since it chopped the transitions between images making them disappear completely in favor of horrible transparent frames with nothing on them)...

P.S: It's also one of my first times writing with the usual forum formatting, so have mercy on my soul... The rest of the details (in order to help me better reach my objective) will then be included in the various responses or below so as not to over lengthen the post itself, thanks for the attention guys... you rocks! Almost forgot... I used different console commands for various purposes within the game (to increase money, to change affinity, and so on) so I understood "at least" the dynamics of those aspects, what am I missing to achieve my goal?
What you want to do is something annoying because certain routes close others, what you would have to do is alternate the character's affinity and close one route to open another and then reopen it

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Right in the first conversation Maya and the MC introduce themselves to each other. This was in the hallway and not in front of HOT's house. Also, the tuition problem was not yet acute. Josy had not been accepted to college at this point. Maya was in relatively good spirits, although she was already thinking about it.:unsure:

Why Quinn is always seen as the antithesis of Maya is simple. Quinn tries to solve her financial worries and problems with shady methods. Maya is the opposite of that. :rolleyes:

In the post you referenced, I didn't write about the Preps party. But I'm picking it up again now. Why did Sage organize the preps party? Because Quinn was taking in too many girls at HOT's and that's why he ran out of money. Sage specifically says that it should be the last time she pulls the car out of the dirt for Quinn. So Sage has to make up for a mistake Quinn made. Sage also asks Quinn to cancel the DIKs, which Quinn has not done. So Quinn has already created another problem to solve. Sage and the MC probably solve this by planning the Halloween party. Yes Quinn is involved, but the planning was initiated by Sage. So Sage and the MC (on the DIK side) is solving the problem.:unsure:
Quinn not cancelling the DIKs is just Tommy showing his lesbian side, he's very annoying in episode 5.

Plus the MC gets much more that night than if the DIKs threw a party with the HOTs, winning.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
:unsure: I don't think Jill's oppais are that big. They are a tad on the stiff side, but completely average in size, especially as far as AVNs go. And small jubblies does not necessarily = natural. I've seen plenty of non-fat women IRL with massive natural cans. I do like the overall look of Quinn's toned body in particular, but I'm ok with all different bewb sizes from flat-chested Sally up to Bella and beyond. What I don't like is the exaggerated (tiny) waistline, particularly of Bella. It's a primary reason I don't fancy that character. It's like you said, it constantly reminds me that this is a 3D model. I now realise why I very much like the morning after Bella in this shot below...

The shirt mostly hides her insanely small waist and thus she looks like an actual human female. Still has the bobblehead thing going on though.

P.S. Agree with you on the oddness of Jill wearing her war paint even to bed. Her cement mixture doesn't even really come off in shower! But hey, raccoon gotta raccoon.
Maybe she got that tattoo thing for her eye make-up, like Michael Jackson

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Help, I see everything blurry in the latest version. with version 6.1 everything was fine. but when I start now all the images are blurry. The animations, on the other hand, are sharp and run smoothly. View attachment 1595019
have already changed resolution = no change. Have already changed the setting in the shift menu = crash.
Looks fine to me - you been fapping too much?

;)

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
you are almost as bad a friend as DavDR ... :confused: :confused: :confused:

:ROFLMAO:
BTW did I mention that you inspired my latest theory?

It was about a year ago you put forward the idea that DPC intentionally wrote Maya's character to be hated by the player. I thought it was an interesting theory and looked forward to discussing it, but then HB had an aneurysm or something and the cucks went crazy and the opportunity passed. I was musing on the theory, thinking of how a Bad Maya would manifest in the story when I hit upon the idea that she was lying about the loan.

Reactions: anonymoussposter

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020

It was about a year ago you put forward the idea that DPC intentionally wrote Maya's character to be hated by the player. I thought it was an interesting theory and looked forward to discussing it, but then HB had an aneurysm or something and the cucks went crazy and the opportunity passed. I was musing on the theory, thinking of how a Bad Maya would manifest in the story when I hit upon the idea that she was lying about the loan.
I don't think she's lying about the loan, she just has no idea how it works. We know from study sessions she's bad at basic math, that's the subtle clue from Pinkcakes that Burke will take one listen to Maya story and tell her point blank that's not how any of this shit works and her problem will be solved.

Or Burke will realize that Maya is naive and try to take advantage of her, who knows, either way not my problem. Well hopefully no longer my problem, doubt that to be the case, MC will most likely have another Lesbian moment and some point even though he's happy on the Others path.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I don't think she's lying about the loan, she just has no idea how it works. We know from study sessions she's bad at basic math, that's the subtle clue from Pinkcakes that Burke will take one listen to Maya story and tell her point blank that's not how any of this shit works and her problem will be solved.

Or Burke will realize that Maya is naive and try to take advantage of her, who knows, either way not my problem. Well hopefully no longer my problem, doubt that to be the case, MC will most likely have another Lesbian moment and some point even though he's happy on the Others path.
Yeah but Josy could have told her that, or her HS guidance counselor, or the homeless guy in the dumpster next door, I mean shit they teach it in HS, it's not like it's Rock Science or something

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

If "Bad Maya" does manifest herself, she needs to look like Yuno Gasai's vision. :love:

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes