mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
You know Jill being mad at both Bella and MC even if you never pursued her is a questionably written storyline. You can even say that it's written for the sake of drama.

Her reaction varies if you pursued her or not, but being mad at two close friends of yours (one of which is your best friend) for hooking up is childish.

Bella ending up sad if you pick Jill is at least explainable. Even if you never pursued her, she helped MC whenever she could and was pretty much like a mother to him overall. Even so MC made her open up and brought her wall down and no one ever since probably James was able to do that. And now Jill came and took him away from her. So you could at least form an emotional connection to her reaction. Meanwhile Jill's reaction doesn't make sense at all.
Jill's reaction makes sense because even if you don't pursue her, she catches feeling for MC. You straight up tell Jill that you're not the guy for her, and she still talks to Bella to try and convince herself that you two should be together. Then after that conversation, Jill sees Bella getting railed over breakfast by MC.

• Haha
Reactions: Ilhares

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
You know Jill being mad at both Bella and MC even if you never pursued her is a questionably written storyline. You can even say that it's written for the sake of drama.

Her reaction varies if you pursued her or not, but being mad at two close friends of yours (one of which is your best friend) for hooking up is childish.

Bella ending up sad if you pick Jill is at least explainable. Even if you never pursued her, she helped MC whenever she could and was pretty much like a mother to him overall. Even so MC made her open up and brought her wall down and no one ever since probably James was able to do that. And now Jill came and took him away from her. So you could at least form an emotional connection to her reaction. Meanwhile Jill's reaction doesn't make sense at all.
I wait to see how it evolves.

I think that Jill is still upset when she sees two people she knows having sex, it's not forced.
then Bella is supposedly married and this adds scandal in Jill's eyes.

Then if she makes a childish scene it will be another matter.

I only see the danger for Bella, how will she react to the harsh accusations (in my opinion fair if she went behind Jill's back while she was dating MC) of her only friend?
since the drama hovers over her I fear the worst.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
something optional can never be the main drama of the story. what can the discarded LIs do when they have already been discarded? a little cry and some guilt, but then friends like before.

the only breakup that could have some important consequence is Bella vs Jill, but that's only because I'm worried about Bella's mental health
I think DPC will raise the stakes. Episodes 7 and 8 were pretty calm and I think it's no coincidence. He could always create a few breakup scenes like it was with Sage/Bella, but he didn't. Perhaps it was due to lack of time, or maybe because this upcoming breakup will play an important dramatic role in the future. DPC has always been able to create drama from scratch.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I think DPC will raise the stakes. Episodes 7 and 8 were pretty calm and I think it's no coincidence. He could always create a few breakup scenes like it was with Sage/Bella, but he didn't. Perhaps it was due to lack of time, or maybe because this upcoming breakup will play an important dramatic role in the future. DPC has always been able to create drama from scratch.
there have been 2 breakages until proven otherwise definitive

with Bella because of Cathy's panties
and with Jill because of the usual virtuous and not at all arbitrary mechanism of affinity.

there were no important turning points from the point of view of the story, not the sentimental one.

god wanted to close the story of the loan....

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
This is may favorite Q&A to date.

Part 1 was a bit uninteresting, but these questions were really good and the answers were really quite interesting.

Good to see John Carpenters, "The Thing" is getting a shout out. Best horror movie of all time! :giggle:
I got the impression that he had everything under control. Burnout and health were my biggest fears and I'm glad he dispelled them.
On the other hand, as he said, his skills are constantly improving. Perhaps after some time, due to the rendering skills worked out to automatism, he will be able to create the big update in 4-5 months. That would be great!
As I thought after this game he will finish the carrer of AVN developer. Or he will create his own game development studio. He still has the experience of a leader, according to him.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
there have been 2 breakages until proven otherwise definitive

with Bella because of Cathy's panties
and with Jill because of the usual virtuous and not at all arbitrary mechanism of affinity.

there were no important turning points from the point of view of the story, not the sentimental one.

god wanted to close the story of the loan....
Well, it was a technical breakup. The game made the choice for you. The player did not know that Cathy's panties or a date with a horse could lead to a breakup.
Whereas, for example, he could decide whether to continue dating Josy or Maya at the end of episode 4 and this decision caused some tension and drama in the future.
Besides, I'm not sure that the choice at the end of episode 8 will be final. The game will give us a chance to change the love interest again. It's no coincidence that Sage will be waiting for us.

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Well, it was a technical breakup. The game made the choice for you. The player did not know that Cathy's panties or a date with a horse could lead to a breakup.
Whereas, for example, he could decide whether to continue dating Josy or Maya at the end of episode 4 and this decision caused some tension and drama in the future.
Besides, I'm not sure that the choice at the end of episode 8 will be final. The game will give us a chance to change the love interest again. It's no coincidence that Sage will be waiting for us.
definitely not

you can choose Jill and she can dump you, so I would say that someone will have to give those players a second chance

Reactions: ename144

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016

I'm optimistic that Jill's reaction will be justified somehow when we find out about Bella's past.
If James turns out to be alive and kicking, I wouldn't be surprised if holier-than-thou Jill was disappointed and looked down upon Bella for cheating, even though the fucker has the gal to leave such a woman alone for 3 fucking years...

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

Jill's reaction makes sense because even if you don't pursue her, she catches feeling for MC. You straight up tell Jill that you're not the guy for her, and she still talks to Bella to try and convince herself that you two should be together. Then after that conversation, Jill sees Bella getting railed over breakfast by MC.
I wait to see how it evolves.

I think that Jill is still upset when she sees two people she knows having sex, it's not forced.
then Bella is supposedly married and this adds scandal in Jill's eyes.

Then if she makes a childish scene it will be another matter.

I only see the danger for Bella, how will she react to the harsh accusations (in my opinion fair if she went behind Jill's back while she was dating MC) of her only friend?
since the drama hovers over her I fear the worst.
Jill definitely had a crush on the mc. Remember she was the one asking him out on a date initially. She slept in the same bed with him, more than once (if you count Bella’s lounge), and even if he was a DIK, there was still an attraction for her. :love:

If he turned her down after their tennis game, she would have felt hurt, and if she found out he was fucking her best friend, she would have felt very hurt. Especially since Bella was directly telling Jill to date the mc (better option than Tybalt). :cry:

But in that scenario, where the mc turned her down after tennis, the the problem is just her feelings and she would just need time to to deal with them, but that doesn’t make it any easier. :(

But in the other scenario, where the mc is interested in her, making out with her at every opportunity, and telling her he wants to be with her, only for Jill to catch him fucking Bella, she has every right to be absolutely fucking furious. :mad:

It’s just a game, so have fun causing digital drama, but if you’re do that shit in life, sleep with one eye open and one hand covering your cock and balls! :eek:

Oh come on you're starting to sound like Shazba and ename.

The research question was just so cringey, it's obvious that he hasn't done any research on anything outside his personal experience so that one was just a plain lie. But I better not post about it anymore because any criticism of our betters is getting deleted.
I don't think its right to lump ename in with me. You're and my view are often quite opposing, but I think ename sits somewhere in between, at a less pro-DPC, less anti-DPC position.

Last edited:

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
Jill definitely had a crush on the mc. Remember she was the one asking him out on a date initially. She slept in the same bed with him, more than once (if you count Bella’s lounge), and even if he was a DIK, there was still an attraction for her. :love:

If he turned her down after their tennis game, she would have felt hurt, and if she found out he was fucking her best friend, she would have felt very hurt. Especially since Bella was directly telling Jill to date the mc (better option than Tybalt). :cry:

But in that scenario, where the mc turned her down after tennis, the the problem is just her feelings and she would just need time to to deal with them, but that doesn’t make it any easier. :(

But in the other scenario, where the mc is interested in her, making out with her at every opportunity, and telling her he wants to be with her, only for Jill to catch him fucking Bella, she has every right to be absolutely fucking furious. :mad:

It’s just a game, so have fun causing digital drama, but if you’re do that shit in life, sleep with one eye open and one hand covering your cock and balls! :eek:

I don't think its right to lump ename in with me. You're and my view are often quite opposing, but I think ename sits somewhere in between, at a less pro-DPC, less anti-DPC position.

Clearly there's a difference in reaction when on the Jill path and the non Jill path. One is surprised and the other looks like she will stab you death. She has every right to be furious in that case.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Ah man thank you so much now it works.
Great, thanks for letting me know.
but is there no new scenes for the gallery? My game is now on 0.8.2 but I can only see scenes from 1-7 in the gallery.
There are gallery items in 0.8.2, and they display fine when using the unofficial patch. You previously said:
Then downloaded and added the walkthrough mod.
So my guess is it's to do with the walkthrough mod. I'd suggest updating to the current version of the mod & see if that fixes it.
Is the new version blurrier for anyone or just for me?
This is usually caused by a graphics renderer issues (the new version of renpy in BaDIK uses different graphics renderers).

Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. If that doesn't sort it, try using Shift+G to (e.g. Angle2).
Does anybody has this problem when running the exe? "
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not load from archive characters.rpyc."
As Ilhares said, this often happens when people apply the official 0.8.2 patch in the OP to a v0.7.x game. That doesn't work, the official patch just updates v0.8.x games to 0.8.2. You'd need to use the to go straight from v0.7.x to v0.8.2.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

I agree, I think Jill will be rightly angry at the MC who led her on while hooking up with Bella, but otherwise she'll get over the shock and sadness fairly quickly. Though she might still be worried about their relationship given Bella is a teacher and still (apparently) married.

I'm definitely in the pro-DPC camp overall. I'm just a little less forgiving of some of DPC's authorial 'ticks' than others, and I'm exceedingly nervous about how Season 2 ended and how Season 3 seems to be starting.

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
Idle thought about Bella.
Maybe the husband is dead, but since she can't deal with it, everyone at B&R thinks he's away somewhere. She won't admit he's dead, so for example Jill thinks that Bella is actually cheating on her husband, when she really isn't.

Reactions: Warscared

Ziltoid

Nov 1, 2018
Just finished playing the episode 7 and why did i feel like it was the end of an episode of scrubs with the song and everything? lol love this game so much!

Reactions: shazba

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
As I thought after this game he will finish the carrer of AVN developer. Or he will create his own game development studio. He still has the experience of a leader, according to him.
nope he said he was a project leader once! so experience yes willingness to do it not really!

i assemble teams i know how hard and frustrating it is to get them to work together and if he is not doing it anymore it means it was not a pleasant experience for him! So i doubt he is willing to do it again if he tried it before and it did not go well! Me personally i love it when i can sculpt the team dynamics the entire selection process evaluating personalities to try and mesh them together but ffs its a stressful heart attack inducing shit but when it works... its a work of fucking art you have performed with extremely complex living thinking and feeling things aka as humans!

Also is resumé/CV if he is not fluffing it its mighty impressive ... but then again as some people pointed out he lives in Sweaden a plate filled with triple AAA studios including my favorite paradox so if he as worked in there or in another one of the big ones there for around 10 years i can clearly see him having gotten that much experience in so many areas of game development!

Also considering the shadow aspect of game developtment which is grinding... damn the boy can work, so not surprising his insane work schedule if anything as he is working for himself his schedules might just be better since he saves up on commuting!

4.80 star(s) 1,524 Votes