felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Who? :unsure: How could anyone have said that? We have been given precious little about Zoey aside from a flashback montage where you don't actually have any in depth conversations with her. You just get drunk and fuck in a treehouse. The only attraction people have with her at this moment is physical, not a some kind of platonic confidante. Zoey would be terrible in that role. What kind of advice would she give? Drop out of school to become a pothead beach vagrant like her? No thanks, I'll stay in school and go on to university to become the renowned B&R sperminator who solves everyone's dramas and earns big $$$$$ by stealing from countertops and corkboards, all while maintaining respectable marks. :geek:

Who is this mystery player X who wants Zoey of all people as a sexless confidante? Probably the same bellend in the Q&A who asked DPC for fewer lewd scenes. Now after the Interlude drops and people have an opportunity to hear Zoey thoughts, see her interact, experience firsthand her personality, and become invested in her dumb surfing life, then I would believe it a little more.
Actually... it was me...

to say that I could be interested in her physically is true for any character, but since I see it difficult that she could become more interesting than the LIs, I hope at least she proves to be a nice character

because she's going to be around for sure from now until the end of the game, so I wouldn't want to have another offended child complaining every now and then about why I didn't choose her, why I didn't give her another chance etc.

:cry: :cry:

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
This leads me to believe that Zoey hasn't broken up with her boyfriend. In general, what makes you think that Zoey and her boyfriend broke up? This is not stated anywhere in the game. This dude and Zoey could have left San Diego on their own. Perhaps the tattoo parlor owned by this dude (judging by the background picture of the interlude) went bankrupt and they had a lot of debts. This guy got a job as a security guard in a bar while Zoey works as a waitress, for example. At some point, Zoey decided to remember about Tremolo and visit Neil.
DPC can turn the plot in the Sage style again, but only his opponent will not be gay, but a brutal tattoo artist.
eeeh

who is zoey? (serious question)

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Actually... it was me...

to say that I could be interested in her physically is true for any character, but since I see it difficult that she could become more interesting than the LIs, I hope at least she proves to be a nice character

because she's going to be around for sure from now until the end of the game, so I wouldn't want to have another offended child complaining every now and then about why I didn't choose her, why I didn't give her another chance etc.

:cry: :cry:
:oops: I don't believe this. First you shit on Derek then you simp for platonic Zoey? If you weren't my F95 best bro, I might not forgive you...
but of course I always do.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
:oops: I don't believe this. First you shit on Derek then you simp for platonic Zoey? If you weren't my F95 best bro, I might not forgive you...
but of course I always do.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I am a romantic, and a lazy one, more the latter

after courting the same LIs for 2 years I don't want to get too involved with a newcomer whose characterization for now is "she has blue hair". (maybe the interlude changes my mind)

and above all I don't want another Josy who, when I think I've done well, wants to make me feel guilty.

My life took a turn for the worse when I didn't have you as a college roommate....

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
A lot of these plot elements don’t have to be 100% true to have impact. The characters only have to believe they’re true.

Maya only has to believe she’s financially trapped by her father to be controlled by him. Jill/MC only have to believe Tybalt could sue to be blackmailed.

We can debate all the live long day the legal systems of DPC’s made up world but that isn’t what the plot hinges on. It hinges on characters believing these things to be true. The MC even brings up something mentioned above regarding legally it being Derek who is responsible for the party and Jill points out he will just have someone lie for him.

This isn’t about logic. The issues like the loan/blackmail aren’t about convincing us the reader of their legal validity. DPC’s job is to write a situation where we believe the characters believe a certain situation to be true and he’s done… an alright job here? Maybe… Maya and Jill are just dumb to fall for it but at least Jill eventually sees the light of day and shuts him down.

Regardless, debating for the upteenth time the fictional laws of the land is pointless but people keep dragging that back into things even when you try and discuss what the characters think.

I’m sick of attempts to discuss what characters think and feel being countered with “but I would have thought/felt this way so (insert character) is dumb and badly written because they didn’t think/feel how I would have in this situation.”

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
A lot of these plot elements don’t have to be 100% true to have impact. The characters only have to believe they’re true.

Maya only has to believe she’s financially trapped by her father to be controlled by him. Jill/MC only have to believe Tybalt could sue to be blackmailed.

We can debate all the live long day the legal systems of DPC’s made up world but that isn’t what the plot hinges on. It hinges on characters believing these things to be true. The MC even brings up something mentioned above regarding legally it being Derek who is responsible for the party and Jill points out he will just have someone lie for him.

This isn’t about logic. The issues like the loan/blackmail aren’t about convincing us the reader of their legal validity. DPC’s job is to write a situation where we believe the characters believe a certain situation to be true and he’s done… an alright job here? Maybe… Maya and Jill are just dumb to fall for it but at least Jill eventually sees the light of day and shuts him down.

Regardless, debating for the upteenth time the fictional laws of the land is pointless but people keep dragging that back into things even when you try and discuss what the characters think.

I’m sick of attempts to discuss what characters think and feel being countered with “but I would have thought/felt this way so (insert character) is dumb and badly written because they didn’t think/feel how I would have in this situation.”
seems a bit definitive to me as a point of view

put that way it's all good, from the great classic of the mother agreeing to have sex with her son because she caused the erection.... the mother may actually believe it's her fault.

Let's say that every time you feel a bucket of ice water coming on and waking you up from immersion in the story, something is wrong.

then I agree that wasting time on what is possible or not from a "realistic" point of view is of little importance, but if the reactions are always justifiable, then writing a good story is terribly easy.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ChipLecsap

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Agree 100% that's why i refer to those "wrong facts" as just trivialities, it's the characters motivation to act as they do...
You can go argue to the pope there's no proof for atleast half the things written in the bible, it just wont change his view of life or his believes.... Ofcourse Maya isn't the pope but as the story is now anything can happen, who knows in ep.9 or 10 we will be introduced to a Lawyer named David Daily Rant who will set things straight as soon he gets his hands on the loan contract. ;)

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
I'm optimistic that Jill's reaction will be justified somehow when we find out about Bella's past.
If James turns out to be alive and kicking, I wouldn't be surprised if holier-than-thou Jill was disappointed and looked down upon Bella for cheating, even though the fucker has the gal to leave such a woman alone for 3 fucking years...
Hey, it's James' fault for leaving her alone. But, judging by the flashback and giving the impression of being an incredibly horny guy, I don't think that's the case though. :unsure: I think he's dead and it's something that Bella didn't get over and can't accept, so I think she has some serious issues to work through. But hey, my MC isn't leaving her or backing off at any point, so they'll get through it together.

Jill definitely had a crush on the mc. Remember she was the one asking him out on a date initially. She slept in the same bed with him, more than once (if you count Bella’s lounge), and even if he was a DIK, there was still an attraction for her. :love:

If he turned her down after their tennis game, she would have felt hurt, and if she found out he was fucking her best friend, she would have felt very hurt. Especially since Bella was directly telling Jill to date the mc (better option than Tybalt). :cry:

But in that scenario, where the mc turned her down after tennis, the the problem is just her feelings and she would just need time to to deal with them, but that doesn’t make it any easier. :(

But in the other scenario, where the mc is interested in her, making out with her at every opportunity, and telling her he wants to be with her, only for Jill to catch him fucking Bella, she has every right to be absolutely fucking furious. :mad:

It’s just a game, so have fun causing digital drama, but if you’re do that shit in life, sleep with one eye open and one hand covering your cock and balls! :eek:
Look, it's not my MC's fault that Jill doesn't understand that no means no. I'm not interested, I'm more interested in her friend so if she would just fuck off that would be great. If she shoehorns herself into the situation like she did with the Chad fight, it's going to be really annoying to deal with her.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Jill definitely had a crush on the mc. Remember she was the one asking him out on a date initially. She slept in the same bed with him, more than once (if you count Bella’s lounge), and even if he was a DIK, there was still an attraction for her. :love:

If he turned her down after their tennis game, she would have felt hurt, and if she found out he was fucking her best friend, she would have felt very hurt. Especially since Bella was directly telling Jill to date the mc (better option than Tybalt). :cry:

But in that scenario, where the mc turned her down after tennis, the the problem is just her feelings and she would just need time to to deal with them, but that doesn’t make it any easier. :(

But in the other scenario, where the mc is interested in her, making out with her at every opportunity, and telling her he wants to be with her, only for Jill to catch him fucking Bella, she has every right to be absolutely fucking furious. :mad:

It’s just a game, so have fun causing digital drama, but if you’re do that shit in life, sleep with one eye open and one hand covering your cock and balls! :eek:

I don't think its right to lump ename in with me. You're and my view are often quite opposing, but I think ename sits somewhere in between, at a less pro-DPC, less anti-DPC position.
the usual situation of the same option for whichever path you have chosen.

Jill can still have an interest for mc, but very relative

the first date goes bad, no effusion at Bella's home, then the chaos with Tybalt from which she will keep him on the sidelines, they practically don't see each other again until the concert, where MC might as well mind his own fucking business and enjoy her flop

but Jill likes MC...

but at the same time if MC does everything right, he runs to save her from Tybalt, in that case no, it's not right, Mc is a bad boy she doesn't like him anymore, he must be humiliated in public

maybe ChipLecsap is right and Jill will be the final villain of the game :unsure: :unsure: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
the usual situation of the same option for whichever path you have chosen.

Jill can still have an interest for mc, but very relative

the first date goes bad, no effusion at Bella's home, then the chaos with Tybalt from which she will keep him on the sidelines, they practically don't see each other again until the concert, where MC might as well mind his own fucking business and enjoy her flop

but Jill likes MC...

but at the same time if MC does everything right, he runs to save her from Tybalt, in that case no, it's not right, Mc is a bad boy she doesn't like him anymore, he must be humiliated in public

maybe ChipLecsap is right and Jill will be the final villain of the game :unsure: :unsure: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Doesn't Jill always kiss MC when they're sleeping on Bella's couch regardless of whether their date went bad or not? Or perhaps I'm just remembering it wrong.

But to quote what DPC said in the Q&A:
I have to think of what's feasible, what choices I can offer, and what can't happen. Sometimes choices get limited because the story would take off in different directions if the player had free will.
This is obviously one of those cases where DPC must show that Jill is into MC to streamline the story and justify all the incoming drama between her and Bella when players are on Bella's route I guess.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Look, it's not my MC's fault that Jill doesn't understand that no means no. I'm not interested, I'm more interested in her friend so if she would just fuck off that would be great. If she shoehorns herself into the situation like she did with the Chad fight, it's going to be really annoying to deal with her.
Let's see if with the arrival of Zoey there begins to be order in this game

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Doesn't Jill always kiss MC when they're sleeping on Bella's couch regardless of whether their date went bad or not? Or perhaps I'm just remembering it wrong.

But to quote what DPC said in the Q&A:

This is obviously one of those cases where DPC must show that Jill is into MC to streamline the story and justify all the incoming drama between her and Bella when players are on Bella's route I guess.
the kiss yes, but then there is the possibility of pushing further or not

and I don't think the date has anything to do with it, in the end it's not a dead end.

Reactions: DarkKiller

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
So basically like Maya and Josy then? In my main playthrough I've been tired of Maya and Josy for awhile now. You get dragged into all their problems as if you're still their BF. If my DIK "Others" player can bang Josy he's gonna do it for suffering through their crap haha.
I hope Zoey is portrayed as more a DIK leaning LI though, she's cool if the MC is in other relationships but it will be the MC questioning whether he should try again with her.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
So basically like Maya and Josy then? In my main playthrough I've been tired of Maya and Josy for awhile now. You get dragged into all their problems as if you're still their BF. If my DIK "Others" player can bang Josy he's gonna do it for suffering through their crap haha.
I hope Zoey is portrayed as more a DIK leaning LI though, she's cool if the MC is in other relationships but it will be the MC questioning whether he should try again with her.
but there technically it's MC's fault, who cares about their friendship no matter what

if Josy calls in the middle of the night and he runs it's not just her fault....

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes