Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
i was gonna give a witty reply but in truth i have no idead ... drowning can take as much as 6 minutes but the acid concentration determines how fast your body corrodes!

then there is the problem of the acid going trough the nose mouth ass and pussy for girls how long it would take to do irreversible internal acts?

So even at high concentrations it would probably not be enough to kill before the drowing... i assume that in 30 seconds your eyeballs would pop ... i wonder if the shock of the pain could give you an heart attack or just make you go off ....

so many questions... is there a commie from the soviet era that worked in enhanced interrogations techniques that can provide us with some proper data? its a really interesting theoretical question!

if someone is sedated before being immersed, i assume there would be less oxygen consumption so perhaps body corrosion becomes the valid cause of death?

so many questions my brain is tingling!
Sulfuric acid burns and eats away at the skin during prolonged contact. Chances are that his eyeballs would burst way long before he drowns or he passes out due to the shock from the pain and burns.

Source: Did a 6 month mandatory military service in an Eastern Bloc country.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
There’s also the oft-overlooked fact that a lot of these plot elements don’t have to be 100% true to have impact. The characters only have to believe they’re true.

Maya only has to believe she’s financially trapped by her father to be controlled by him. Jill/MC only have to believe Tybalt could sue to be blackmailed.

We can debate all the live long day the legal systems of DPC’s made up world but that isn’t what the plot hinges on. It hinges on characters believing these things to be true. The MC even brings up something mentioned above regarding legally it being Derek who is responsible for the party and Jill points out he will just have someone lie for him.

This isn’t about logic. The issues like the loan/blackmail aren’t about convincing us the reader of their legal validity. DPC’s job is to write a situation where we believe the characters believe a certain situation to be true and he’s done… an alright job here? Maybe… Maya and Jill are just dumb to fall for it but at least Jill eventually sees the light of day and shuts him down.

Regardless, debating for the upteenth time the fictional laws of the land is pointless but people keep dragging that back into things even when you try and discuss what the characters think.

I’m sick of attempts to discuss what characters think and feel being countered with “but I would have thought/felt this way so (insert character) is dumb and badly written because they didn’t think/feel how I would have in this situation.”
If the plot elements don't have to be 100% true and anything DPC makes up is to be treated a gospel, then what was he researching? Why would he spend his valuable time researching if he's just going to make something up?

The answer of course is that he didn't research anything. He was lying. Welcome to logic 101

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
No reason for Quinn to have a redemption arc. She's shown to be a villain - DPC simply did a good job of humanizing her, but she's a villain nonetheless. There has to be a reason why Quinn is mutually exclusive with Maya & Josy. Similar to how Jade is exclusive to M&J, Sage and Jill are exclusive, etc.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
You guys sure love being melodramatic. They "force Maya on you". It's like a story rape, they rape you with narrative. Worst, they force you to some sexual content with a busty blonde 19 yrs old girl. The horror.

Guys, it's a story. There is no forced sheet anything, there is things you like and things you don't.
BeingADIK 2022-02-03 20-32-48-26.jpg
- Maya and her fans are Raping you, They Raping You!!!!!!!

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
No reason for Quinn to have a redemption arc. She's shown to be a villain - DPC simply did a good job of humanizing her, but she's a villain nonetheless. There has to be a reason why Quinn is mutually exclusive with Maya & Josy. Similar to how Jade is exclusive to M&J, Sage and Jill are exclusive, etc.
Jamie Lannister was shown to be a villain and his redemption arc was brilliant.

Zuko was the biggest villain and most annoying cunt for a long period of time in Avatar: The Last Airbender, yet his transformation was amazingly pulled off.

It took Loki like 6 Marvel movies to be finally accepted as who he was and even though Marvel suck at writing redemption arcs, this one was very good.

If you haven't watched Chernobyl, I'll keep it short in case not to spoiler it. Boris Shcherbina started out as an ignorant, communist yes-man, but without his help, they weren't stopping the bigger consequences following the explosion. His redemption arc throughout the TV show is probably the in the top 5 best of all time.

I think it will be a matter of how good of a writer DPC is and if he can pull this one off properly. What he needs to realize is do it consistently. Not like do an entire character shift in one episode and have people weirded out by Quinn's character.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
But wouldn't it be hinted in the story that Vinnie could take the role of villain on the drug side, and we could say that Burke would take over on the prostitution ring side? That would leave Quinn's redemption arc ready, solid and believable.
with the speed at which things evolve it's fourth season stuff....

Vinnie is a competitor for Quinn, but it's a long way from taking her out of the running now that he's brought Lily into the picture.

Similarly for the restaurant, if Burke falls everything falls, Sage falls and maybe the BR falls, or it falls into silence or it is an event from the end game
At best, Quinn was the central antagonist of Maya's arc for Ep1-6 but the main antagonist has always been Patrick. Maya wouldn't even have met Patrick and pursued the free tuition if it wasn't for him. While there'll be bad blood between Maya, Josy and Quinn in future episodes, Patrick remains the main threat.

Beyond that, Quinn has never been portrayed as a major opposition for the MC. She has a positive relationship with a DIK MC and barely interacted with a Chick/Neutral MC. As goofy and pathetic Tybalt, Dawe and the Alpha were portrayed, they still were a bigger and more frontal opposition. So far, Quinn brought trouble because she fucked up many times not because she's got a lot of resources and power.

Furthermore, the second season highlighted she's losing control and doesn't handle her business efficiently, to the point she's losing her allies ( Tommy, Riona...) and puts herself in a tenuous situation not only with her provider and her money issues but with Sage as well. There are bigger fish in every corner. Vinnie is a more competent dealer than her, Burke has wealth, position and influence ( things she doesn't really have ), even Lily while not a villain at this point, is shown to be more cunning than her.

Sure Patrick, Vinnie and Burke are all pretty secondary for now and their involvement remains kinda unclear but none of them have been portrayed as vulnerable or pathetic like Dawe, Tybalt or Chad. On the contrary, scenes like the cliffhanger with Patrick in Maya's room or Burke watching Jade's video with a sinister smirk tend to make them look like the real deal.

IMO, Quinn's position isn't really different than Tommy's. Both will probably keep making bad moves with negative consequences for others characters but Patrick, Vinnie & Burke will remain the big bad ensemble.

As for Riona, She's actually Patreon's favorite side girl ( the only one with three renders sets so far ). I doubt he'll have the balls for a deeply tragic ending after Acting lesson's backlash. Well who knows but it would be too predictable. :rolleyes:
I wasn't talking about antagonism with MC, but if at the beginning of the seventh chapter Quinn became all Broccoli, it would leave a big void in the story.

The drug ring is the basis of the clash with Vinnie, and in the same way the restaurant is Burke's weak point.

If Quinn leaves the dark side of the force, it is a cataclysmic event.

Tommy, if he gets hit by a truck tomorrow, Rusty will be the only one who pains him.

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
Jamie Lannister was shown to be a villain and his redemption arc was brilliant.

Zuko was the biggest villain and most annoying cunt for a long period of time in Avatar: The Last Airbender, yet his transformation was amazingly pulled off.

It took Loki like 6 Marvel movies to be finally accepted as who he was and even though Marvel suck at writing redemption arcs, this one was very good.

If you haven't watched Chernobyl, I'll keep it short in case not to spoiler it. Boris Scherbina started out as an ignorant, communist yes-man, but without his help, they weren't stopping the bigger consequences following the explosion. His redemption arc throughout the TV show is probably the in the top 5 best of all time.

I think it will be a matter of how good of a writer DPC is and if he can pull this one off properly. What he needs to realize is do it consistently. Not like do an entire character shift in one episode and have people weirded out by Quinn's character.
I'm not sure I fully agree with some of your characterizations. Antagonists are not necessarily villains, and vice versa.

Quinn thusfar is shown to be an unrepentant villain - malicious intent, sinful, etc. DPC would need to show a new side to Quinn for her to get a shot at redemption. To do so would undo some of the plot bifurcations already in place, so I doubt DPC intends for this to occur.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes