NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
There are many theories about James but i'm also thinking that he's a figment of Bella's memory.
In episode 6 when she comes to help you clean MC's room he asks about the ring and that he's not around any more.
Bella's anser is "No, it's .... different today" like she cleared her head and James' memory isn't tormenting her at that time. Also a sign that MC is more and more getting to her.
At the library scene in episode 8 she got send home and telling James "But I need that job". Telling me she has to have an income since James really isn't there. At least he could tell her not to worry since he has work, another sign that he is just an figment.
Something really bad happened in the past which gave Bella a huge trauma and MC is helping her to get over it.
Personally i think if you got on multiple paths including Bella and you turn her down, making that asshole call to cancel the date, she will have a huge breakdown and DPC will go "AL" style on your ass. We all know he's a master when going to the dark side.
I agree with your additional examples. I'm certain that there are more that I missed. The few times that Bella has an internal monologue about James it seems that he appears and disappears but other than his pictures evidence of his absence isn't really present in the house. What has perked up everybody's ears was the MC himself in a short narration saying that if he knew what was going on with her he would have called for help. That could be for himself, but more likely it would be that he would call for help for her. I'm afraid that Bella might have a bad end coming.

Reactions: Klopdwerg

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
we know Bella´s parents died in a car crash around 10 years prior.. what if the driver was James and Bella had a miss carriage since she was also in the car?

or they where speeding to get to James Jr. birthday party that Bella was preparing and James and her parents all died in the car crash alongside the child that was at his grand parents house as not to ruin the surprise?

As for Bella going psychotic... not unless you lead her on, and only if you trade her in for M&J or the others path, somehow i doubt she will go mental over Jill or even Sage that she learned to respect!
Maybe she can live with the fact if it's Jill you're dating. But i don't think it's personal rather that she is taking herself to blame for opening up and letting her guard down. If so, is sure hope DPC dont make it to dark since people going down that path are bound to do something regretable. Even thinking about suicide in worst case. Then again, if i remember correct DPC told once he wasn't going so extreme/dark as in AL.

I agree with your additional examples. I'm certain that there are more that I missed. The few times that Bella has an internal monologue about James it seems that he appears and disappears but other than his pictures evidence of his absence isn't really present in the house. What has perked up everybody's ears was the MC himself in a short narration saying that if he knew what was going on with her he would have called for help. That could be for himself, but more likely it would be that he would call for help for her. I'm afraid that Bella might have a bad end coming.
I'm thinking the same. Since he's getting closer to Bella (if on her path ofc) he will get to know her and most likely the big secret DPC is building around her.
That scene still gives me the chills. DPC wouldn't implement it just for that moment, surely he has something cooking up.

concord72

Mar 30, 2020
After inputting the vault code for Episode 7, the Vault app is stuck on the Reward Unlocked screen, I can't input any more codes. I've tried closing the game and coming back but its still there.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
This game is enough of a soap opera that I wouldn't be surprised if Sage was forced to marry her foster father, Bella ended up in an insane asylum, Maya ended up in a coma, Josi got amnesia, and Jill got kidnapped by her evil twin.
And that's exactly what I meant... you should not be surprised if something along the lines would be happening to our characters here... knowing it's a DPC product -> expect it !... knowing it's @ halfway mark but have not even covered the first college year -> expect that school life will be cut short !... Soap Opera ? :unsure: could be... Tragedy ? :unsure: more likely... but one thing's for sure ! 2a9061a80882d8105b0d6066798e81fe.gif Whoever expects a happy ending from this story is a big time noodle that's for sure ! :LOL::ROFLMAO::KEK: Okay maybe 1 ( !!! ) of the many possibilities will end up somewhat happy ( due to it's popularity my money would go with Jill ) but that does not mean that it would be dramaless... ;) Anyhow it's a hefty 5 years till this get's done so no need to buckle up... YET ! :KEK:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
And that's exactly what I meant... you should not be surprised if something along the lines would be happening to our characters here... knowing it's a DPC product -> expect it !... knowing it's @ halfway mark but have not even covered the first college year -> expect that school life will be cut short !... Soap Opera ? :unsure: could be... Tragedy ? :unsure: more likely... but one thing's for sure ! View attachment 1659817 Whoever expects a happy ending from this story is a big time noodle that's for sure ! :LOL::ROFLMAO::KEK: Okay maybe 1 ( !!! ) of the many possibilities will end up somewhat happy ( due to it's popularity my money would go with Jill ) but that does not mean that it would be dramaless... ;) Anyhow it's a hefty 5 years till this get's done so no need to buckle up... YET ! :KEK:
I dunno, people keep peddling this whole doom and gloom future for the game. Here's DPC's own words:

"This game is for adults who value storytelling, branching choices, comedy, and drama.
There will be a good amount of sexual content in the game, but it's not the main focus.
Depending on your life experiences, I would like to warn you that the story might hit close to home, at times.
The general tone will be happy, but if you're in a dark period of your life, I'd advise you to not play the game."
That doesn't sound like tragedy is abound. "Hit close to home" isn't going to mean having to choose who lives or dies in a burning house. He's just saying, if you've been through some tough times, you may be triggered by some shit, like the following:
  • Mental illness (Bella)
  • Coerced prostitution (Mona and Cammy)
  • Bullying (from Chad and the jocks, mc’s flashback)
  • Homophobia (casual stuff from many characters but a strong sense from Patrick’s storyline)
  • Untimely death (mc’s mom, Jill’s sister)
  • Poverty (Neil & mc)
  • Injustice (mc getting detention for defending himself)
It just sounds like there are a few things that might upset some people. Killing off the main LIs or sending them to the loony bin doesn't really sound like "The general tone will be happy". That would more likely fall under the "Fucked up shit" banner.

Nah, this is a fun game. There's definitely some drama to make it engaging, but, after AL ended on a pretty sour note, if he did it again in a game that is pretty much a "college sex comedy", he'd be an idiot. DPC isn't an idiot.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
It is only on your third or so playthrough that you notice that Tybalt is blackmailing Jill while he is eating the watermelon that he has been fucking.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I dunno, people keep peddling this whole doom and gloom future for the game. Here's DPC's own words:

"This game is for adults who value storytelling, branching choices, comedy, and drama.
There will be a good amount of sexual content in the game, but it's not the main focus.
Depending on your life experiences, I would like to warn you that the story might hit close to home, at times.
The general tone will be happy, but if you're in a dark period of your life, I'd advise you to not play the game."
That doesn't sound like tragedy is abound. "Hit close to home" isn't going to mean having to choose who lives or dies in a burning house. He's just saying, if you've been through some tough times, you may be triggered by some shit, like the following:
  • Mental illness (Bella)
  • Homophobia (casual stuff from many characters but a strong sense from Patrick’s storyline)
  • Poverty (Neil & mc)
It just sounds like there are a few things that might upset some people. Killing off the main LIs or sending them to the loony bin doesn't really sound like "The general tone will be happy". That would more likely fall under the "Fucked up shit" banner.

Nah, this is a fun game. There's definitely some drama to make it engaging, but, after AL ended on a pretty sour note, if he did it again in a game that is pretty much a "college sex comedy", he'd be an idiot. DPC isn't an idiot.
but above all for now the dramatic events we have witnessed have been the classic "storms in a glass of water".

extreme emotional reactions to very relative problems.

to pass now to real and in some cases insurmountable problems would be a senseless upheaval

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019

• Mental illness (Bella)
  • Poverty (Neil & mc)

I would also add that it was the carefree and cheerful romantic tone that allowed DPC to become so famous and popular. DPC definitely regards the game as a business and a job. He won't suddenly introduce murderers, psychos and the like. It will just ruin the whole tone and atmosphere. In Q&A, he said that the main lesson he learned from AL was that the actions of the characters should have a distinct motivation, which not that psycho bitch from AL. Come on, jealousy is the dumbest motivation of behavior that you can think of.
So I'm sure if Quinn shoots Sage with a gun, there will be reasons for that.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
but above all for now the dramatic events we have witnessed have been the classic "storms in a glass of water".

extreme emotional reactions to very relative problems.

to pass now to real and in some cases insurmountable problems would be a senseless upheaval
A storm in a glass is a classic plot stamp of most youth sitcoms. Didn't you watch How I met your mom, the Clinic? In them, most of the dramatic situations could be resolved simply by talking.

Reactions: shazba

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
You are like Neil and mess up the poente. These are two images that follow one after the other. Jacob doesn't want to watch at the DIK's as a bunch of guys try to get drunk by shoving tampons soaked in vodka up their anuses. But at the HOT's party Dawe wants Butt Beer.:ROFLMAO:
which Jacob doesn't see because he's hiding in the hallway... how embarrassing Jacob.... :cautious:

don't you find it interesting how both Derek and Dawe have practically the same idea? despite the fact that one is an undercover genius and the other is the dumbest of BR? a case of convergent evolution...:eek:

• Haha
Reactions: dalli_x

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021

• Mental illness (Bella)
  • Poverty (Neil & mc)

You are taking it to the absoletes... a not happy ending does not mean killing and death... but certainly have some ideas where this leads " hitting close to home " ;) :LOL:

The general tone is happy... we fuck around carefree in our college lifetime that's fine and dandy... but as everything else this will meet it's end too... :eek: THEN we can come back to the " not for everyone " and " hitting too close to home " thingys... whatever scenarios there are for the taking almost all of them are bound to go up in flames... :KEK:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
You are taking it to the absoletes... a not happy ending does not mean killing and death... but certainly have some ideas where this leads " hitting close to home " ;) :LOL:

The general tone is happy... we fuck around carefree in our college lifetime that's fine and dandy... but as everything else this will meet it's end too... :eek: THEN we can come back to the " not for everyone " and " hitting too close to home " thingys... whatever scenarios there are for the taking almost all of them are bound to go up in flames... :KEK:
if we consider the reactions, already now for many it has content "too heavy", "too close to home", so there is no need for any escalation...

the warning at the beginning of the game is as good as the instructions of the vacuum cleaner where they recommend not to put your penis in it...

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021

• Mental illness (Bella)
  • Poverty (Neil & mc)

I still think Fuckface is telling this story from jail where he ended for being set up as a scapegoat for the whole drug and prostitution ring story

but hey, on the bright side, by the time DPC finishes this game, Fuckface probably do his time and will at least be out on parole

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
if we consider the reactions, already now for many it has content "too heavy", "too close to home", so there is no need for any escalation...

the warning at the beginning of the game is as good as the instructions of the vacuum cleaner where they recommend not to put your penis in it...
That's a dumbness factor which is portioned as per individuals :LOL: If you are not mature enough to understand these messages... welp that's on you ! Warning's been given though :p:ROFLMAO:
I still think Fuckface is telling this story from jail where he ended for being set up as a scapegoat for the whole drug and prostitution ring story
Good idea... he's reminiscing these times " from somewhere " ;):LOL:

Reactions: felicemastronzo
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes