walker188

Apr 30, 2017
Eh, I thought the Interlude was fine. It does have its drawbacks, but overall I felt it did accomplish its goal to introduce Zoey as a likeable character and establish a believable conflict in the MC when she returns.

I found the main positive to be the story-telling, which portrayed quite a lovely relationship between the MC and Zoey. In my opinion, Zoey was a fun character, and I really enjoyed the dynamic between her and the MC, with her getting him out of his shell a little bit and trying new things. It was also nice to see her gradual realization of how much their relationship actually meant, naturally supported by the parallels in Emma and Bret's relationship. I do agree that the tattoo choices were a bit bold, and that her more subdued personality after moving to San Diego are weaknesses, but in general, Zoey has now been established as a sympathetic character that is not as easy to immediately disregard.

The main issue with the Interlude, is the fact that it was unnecessary. Even though I certainly did not mind it and thought it was relatively fun, the time would have been much better invested in the main story, completely cutting Zoey out of the game. This would not have had any negative impact, and saved plenty of development efforts. Not excluding elements that only play a small role in the game, is one of DrPinkCake's problems as a developer. There are a lot of examples of this; DnG, mini-games, massive free roam events and now the Interlude. These factors only act as a bonus, but are virtually meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Considering that the game will not be finished until 2026 given the current development cycle, it would be advisable to reduce the scope a bit.

When it comes to how forced the MC's internal conflict will be upon Zoey's return, I can say this: DrPinkCake has made it explicitly clear that the MC is not a blank slate - he is his own person, not matter how much the player wants to self-insert. Clearly, Zoey leaving did affect him a lot; he was in love with her and was forced to move on, and it is therefore unrealistic to expect her return to not have an impact on him. This being said, the game starts out with the MC having a crush on Josy, and we have spent eight episodes forming new bonds and banging anything that moves, leading us to believe he has managed to move on. I therefore parrot other people's worries about how this will force conflict upon us, that will negatively affect other relationships, and I welcome all choices that allow us to immediately shut down the prospect of getting back with Zoey. Even if there is forced conflict, one would have to assume that it will be better than the atrocity of the Maya/Josy drama, which is probably the worst part of Being a DIK.

A discussion of the MC/Maya/Josy situation is also how I want to end this post. Not only was that a completely nonsensical point of drama (seriously, all it required for the MC's hissyfit to be ridiculous was for you to be uninterested in either of the girls, or both of them. And honestly, what did he want them to say? "I have a girlfriend who lives near you - her name is Josy and I just want to tell you that in case she is the one you have a crush on"?), but it has also had a tragic impact for everyone who likes one of them but not the other. You have now been locked out of content with them for four episodes, even though Josy is the girl the MC supposedly has a crush on and has spent a large portion of the game thinking about. It is clearly the most reasonable choice to not get involved in their relationship if you are only interested in one of them, but you are being severely punished for this. It would be truly calamitous if this doesn't change soon.

I disagree. I really enjoy some of the minigames. And i think they create a more immersive experience. You can turn them off and make it a straight VN, but grinding my way into becoming a good fighter was really satisfying for me. Granted, I'm about to lose it all, but still, it was part of the experience. It keeps me invested and makes me want to invest more into it.

While I agree with you on this issue. Some railroading is necessary. If DPC let you have a completely different path with completely different drama from not romancing Josy or Maya, then he'd have way to wide a spread, way to early in the game.

Thargor

Jul 14, 2018
ah that explained why at least two of them were familiar, couldnt put a finger on it... played the dorm party again, and yep, there they are.

But nevermind, still i think we dont need more girls, no we even dont need anymore new characters whatssoever. There is so much going on, and is so much open... to me, every new character is just a distraction, and yep... that goes for Zoey too. We know shit about Burke and his "Harem" or the drug dealer connected to Quinn and so on... to open up another "front" ist just not good... and we already get another front with Zoey, now three "vixens" too? Ah way to many... but it is what it is... DPC is getting easy bored to write for the same characters again and again... so he kinda need these distractions i think. The intelrude was more a break from being a dik for him than for us i think too.
I do see your point, eventually they'll like some open story points. We'll have to see how it develops.

MilfyAces

Nov 12, 2018
Is it though? Yes it does explain why she acted like that and it is mostly because of her Grandma but I still think she is very selfish and not likable at all. Especially when you try to put her against any women you now spend 8 Episodes against. Why would you actually choose Zoey here as a player?

She does not even bring some heavy themes with her that could be used for the overall main plot or regarding the drug storyline etc. She will just be another character IMO.

When we get to the main plot I will not even pay much attention to her. She feels like a filler. Like in a JDRAMA every time an ex comes back who left you for various reasons and then the MC rejects her and you move on.

The interlude is certainly the weakest part of the series so far. Especially coming after a HUGE concert scene and overall "Bella" part (for me)

Also why even create another conflict. For example: With Bella, you now have Jill as a huge conflict situation so it does not even need Zoey here. I do not know about the other parts though since every time I play this game I only fall for Bella......
That's right dude, same here! I'm trying other roads in the game, but I always end up with Bella... Such a beautiful and deep character. It would have been much better pre-sequel with Bella instead of this girl Zoey:))

Juan.moraj1975

Mar 4, 2022
i find all the things for the gallery but i can't open the 2d gallery after i open it the game pop up a error, someone have any idea what i can do?

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
Hm. Guess she’s annoyed at him for locking himself up inside the bathroom instead of giving his support to Maya/Sage/both like he had promised to.
That's what I think too. He panicked after "shit, shitm shit" and locked himself inside the bathroom. Sage wants him out of the bathroom to actually support everyone.

Or Sage had to take a massive shit.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
The interlude is certainly the weakest part of the series so far. Especially coming after a HUGE concert scene and overall "Bella" part (for me)
Imo the weakest part is still the M/J drama. That was so forced and bad, especialy if u only pursued one or none of the two, or fucked everything that moves...

Also why even create another comflict. For example: With Bella you now have Jill as a huge conflict situation so it does not even need Zoey here. I do not know about the other parts though since Everytime I play this game I only fall for Bella......
-With Bella u have Jill as potential drama
-With Sage her whole family, especialy if u fuck her mom
-M/J....is there even a time Maya has no drama going on :rolleyes:
Also hopefully we reach the part, were the MC will have to decide if he want to continue the poly relationship or if he is only after one of the girls. If they will break up and we finally get a single route if u choose the 'others'.
-Jill, we just finished her whole Tybalt 'drama', only thing i can imagine atm is her family for more conflict.

Personaly i just don't want any relationship drama for 1 or 2 episodes, let the MC enjoy his time with the girl he just committed to, before throwing in more drama.

But as others have said, there shouldn't be any forced romance drama with Zoey.
The MC, as he said himself, was not in love with her, even if she was more than just a fwb.
He already had a crush on Josey at the begin and so far there wasn't a single time he seems to be hung up or even thought about Zoey, so he should have moved on.

Now we are either fucking everything that moves, in that case there shouldn't be drama. Zoey just needs to compete with way better characters, like Lily or Envy and bring the MC to choose her. Probably convince him to stop fucking everything that moves.

Or the MC just had some soul searching, came to the conclusion that he want to focus only on one girl, maybe even loves her. In that case the MC should by all means just outright say that he is committed to a LI and shoot Zoey down, end of drama.
Otherwise the whole part of comitting to a single LI after the little soul-search is completely pointless.

Now Zoey could not want to back down, want to sabotage MC's relationship etc, but that is not really how Zoey was potrait in the interlude.

NoxLaw

Nov 11, 2020
I didn't necessarily hate this but I think it was just pointless and it took time away from the actual "update". I didn't care for Zoey before and I still don't care about her now, it also doesn't help her that after all the tattoos, she's one of the least attractive girls in the game. It's just annoying because now she's 100% gonna be a major character in the story and the last thing we need at this point is more pointless forced drama and I think she's definitely gonna cause some.

TuffyTenToes

Aug 11, 2019
What I don't understand the most about these Interlude complaints, is the ones that say that "Zoey brings nothing to the story"... like she isn't a vital part of MC's life.

Also, "I don't care about Zoey", if you went into the Interlude hating it beforehand you already knew that you weren't going to care about her story. Imagine having the same thought process about every new character that gets introduced, like "Who's this Nicole chick, I don't care about her". If you have been in this forum long enough you can notice that Nicole is a really loved character in here even though she wasn't introduced at the beginning, she got scenes and time to build up her character... just like Zoey (or every new character) is going to get apart from this Interlude.

So, of course you don't care about Zoey, she's still a new character. Give DPC some time before you proclaim that "This was my favorite game until now" or that "I'm uninstalling, fuck this game" you bunch of whiny babies.

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Rena 2.0 Motherfuckers Lets Do This.

My expectations for this is quite low, lets see what happens my friends.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
The question is why do you even need this? Is it just another girl for the reason that someone could not have found one after 8 episodes of playing this game? She feels forced and unneeded at all. She is onyl there to cause some conflicts which at this point is not even needed. She does not bring anything new to the table. She is not connected to any overall Mainplot.
But Zoey IS connected to DrPinkCake's 'Mainplot'. I believe that DPC intended to bring her in at this point of the narrative from the beginning. None of us here (unless DPC is here under an alias) knows how this game will play out in the end. So, we don't even know what the 'Mainplot' is at this point... any more than we knew what would happen in Acting Lessons at the halfway point of that game.

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
I decided to play the interlude again. Cause why not.

And after stepping back from wanting it to be about my MC, and being pissed about ANOTHER new girl being added, I have revised my opinion. I actually like Zoe. I don't like her chest tattoo (i could have lived with it on the back) and she doesn't seem like the kind of girl to get so many piercings, but i digress. The story is rather charming. Zoe has potential. All the things i said before are true too. I really really wish we had a prologue with the Zoe only before the main game. It is too little, too late, to bring her back now. I don't think she stands a chance against the other LI, not just because she doesn't do it for me attractiveness wise, but also because she's gotten so much less screentime.

Basically, I think she could be an interesting character, so long as she doesn't bring any of the forced drama, i mentioned.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes