AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Sorry needed to quote something ;)
Anyway, now it's clear they all called you crazy but you've been right all the time, it's only fair to get you that 3some you always wanted (or anyway last time in this thread, although Quinn needed to manage some restaurant so a replacement was needed, but finally here's the girls volunteering! Cheers mate! ;)

View attachment 1688557
Foursome
anim_ep9_teaser_end.jpg

Reactions: vogelbeest

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Seems like it didn't

Would you share an interlude save please?
When you load up the Interlude, you should see an Import button on the left side of the menu. If you click on it and there is nothing there, you probably didn't save an export at the end of Episode 8.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Ummm.... I clicked on Flush. WHy does it go to netural. Is there a variable to change it to chick?

View attachment 1688570
View attachment 1688571
The answer is in the last render. You needed to have fewer DIK points to be a CHICK. Instead you wound up with +4 to -4 DIK points after your choice, so now you have the Permanent NEUTRAL affinity.

It is not impossible to change it now, but it would certainly be difficult.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Yes she is,
Played any route many times...
Avoided is not the right answer,
you can either accept her hint, or reject her.

By accepting that, she will become your F*ck buddy,
by rejecting her, she will be pissed off. one of the perfect example of noticing that is tybalts party, when you sneak in during MC's Hell week's end.
Yeah, Jade hates the MC so much she ratted him out to the preps and got him kicked out. Oh wait, no, that didn't happen; she just walked away.

I'm sorry, but the notion that Jade hates the MC or that the MC is afraid of her if he turns her down is ludicrous. It's been 5 episodes since then and neither of them have thought twice about the other. Jade is a valid concern if you fucked her (*especially* if you picked Sage), but she is an absolute non-issue otherwise. If DPC insists on treating her as an existential crisis, he's only going to make his hole deeper.

Zoey fucked no one, but so what if she did? Sage did have sex with Chad at some point. Let that soak in while you cringe. Two of your love interests fuck each other whether you like it or not. Bella fucks her imaginary husband during her psychotic breaks. Half of the HOTS you can fuck work a glory hole in the dorm. The other half have steady boyfriends, that they admittedly cheat on. Don't get me started on fucking Quinn. So if all you want is goddamn Jill by all means. Enjoy the blessed virgin! A woman having a healthy sex life when she is single and unattached is hardly the worst thing in the world.
Please, the idea that Chad so much as french kissed Sage is laughable at this point. Sage will be every bit as unsullied as every other girl in the game (even if only Jill and Maya make a big deal of it).

Are we all forgetting about tybalt ??? i mean even if you don't fuck jade or sage or jill you still end up messing around and fucking up Tybee's day every single time you see him

You could very had had another argument with him and the whole family got into with each other...... He stole jills underwear tried to frame you... come on my MC was no push over and DPC main guys always stand up for him self in the end
Of course we're forgetting about Tybalt! No one gives a shit about that guy. He's a complete laughingstock. The MC hasn't cared about ruining his suit for all of Season 2. Even if you slugged him, the MC was only to happy to bully him to the point of physical damage in tennis a couple weeks later. Tybalt is such a buffoon that if he even if he did try to stop the Burkes from helping Maya out of spite, it would somehow end up with Maya taking over his scholarship and Tybalt winding up working in Quinn's restaurant.

The idea that the MC is cowering in the bathroom because he's afraid Tybalt will tattle on him is only slightly less moronic than the idea that he's terrified Jade will immediately demand he have sex with her. The MC's overreaction to Sage's family reveal is just bad writing to shoehorn the Interlude into a story that has no place for it. That's all there is to it. :mad:

Hey man, I don't know if I can give some criticism about the latest version of the game here (interlude), or if it even matters to post here, but I was wondering if the new dialogue options were going to stay like that, because I honestly hate the new style. The old dialogue choices were much better in my honest opinion. These new ones give a cheap cartoon feel and I really dislike it.
I'd assumed they were just a temporary feature to make Zoey's turn as protagonist feel different than the normal game. I thought they worked well in that sense.

If they're here to stay then I really don't like them. First, because I think making the Interlude feel distinct was a good thing; I'd hate to learn that was an accident. Second, because I dislike unnecessarily flashy graphics and the 'twitchy' animations on the text balloons is distracting. I also prefer the dull-but-legible text blocks to the handwritten font.

Well, there are 3 True/False variables that are carried forward from this Interlude: emma_calm, emma_cluck and zoey_dik, so it would seem to me that DPC WILL have something affected by Zoey's personality. We'll see whether that is impractical or not.
Emma_calm seems obvious enough; what sets the other two?

It's clear the decision to talk Emma down is significant, probably because it will determine how 'forceful' Zoey will be when she hits her 'drama break' later in Season 3. Beyond that though, it doesn't feel like Zoey is really capable of having two distinct personalities. I guess she could have polite/coarse dialog options though, sort of like how the MC's Status will change his profanity without changing he overall attitude.

Aight I just finished the interlude and I'm gonna give my stream of consciousness like some have done here and respond to a few posts as well. Spoilers for length and... spoilers I guess :Kappa:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And for those not looking for an essay:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you, that's an excellent way to put it: the MC has matured past Zoey. I'd always thought that was true of his relationship with her, but now we learn it's also true of Zoey herself. Bringing her back into the story at this point, in this way, seems doomed to end up resetting the MC just so that he can learn the same lessons all over again. Blech.

I think Zoey will become the new Maya. She will be imposed and the whole season 3 will revolve around her and MC's relationship. It's obvious. The final twist will be a choice between Zoey and a LI. The whole third season doesn't make sense if we didn't have to test our feelings on the strength of who Zoey could be. The interlude will be just an introduction, Zoey will be fully revealed in season 3.
That's been my fear since Season 2 ended. Interlude did nothing but reinforce them. :(

DPC wrote in discord that the Interlude is the first story he wrote. When he was working as a programmer and was bored, he wrote a story and postponed it. When he got acquainted with visual novels and began to develop them himself, he decided to include it in BAD as a separate story unrelated to the main plot.
Interesting, I hadn't heard that. It would certainly explain things. One of the common credos in writing is to be willing to kill your darlings, and this definitely feels like a case where DPC was unwilling to do so. If the Interlude had been a longstanding dream, it would have been that much harder to drop it and rework the idea into something better fitting the game as it stood.

Last edited:

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
The answer is in the last render. You needed to have fewer DIK points to be a CHICK. Instead you wound up with +4 to -4 DIK points after your choice, so now you have the Permanent NEUTRAL affinity.

It is not impossible to change it now, but it would certainly be difficult.
1646498343328.png

It does not make sense. I was a chick affinity when I "talked down Derek"

Does anyone know the variable to change the affinity? I don't want restart the game.

Last edited:

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Do you have any theories about who it is? The redhead in the center looks like a young Sage, the black one on the left is Jill. And on the right is a young Jade.
The left one was in the wizard of Oz or the Adam's family, the center girl might indeed be Sage's sister and the one on the right is a nomad traveling between Ataegina and Intertwined.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes