Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Emma_calm seems obvious enough; what sets the other two?
emma_cluck is set to True later in the scene if you chose to take Emma's phone, then you choose 'Get revenge'.

zoey_dik is set at the end of the episode, and depends on the value of zoey_dk, the variable that gets altered at numerable points in the game. If it's >= 0, zoey_dik is set to True.

Reactions: ename144

Ahjgfg

Apr 19, 2018
There are bunch of lads like me who are in dire need of saves because we lost ours. Please just post a save from beginning of episode 3

Reactions: honourdad

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Ummm.... I clicked on Flush. WHy does it go to netural. Is there a variable to change it to chick?

View attachment 1688570
View attachment 1688571
It's a side effect of the way permanent affinity was accelerated for Neutrality. DIK and CHICK Affinities became permanent when you burned away the last of the opposing boxes. Logically, permanent Neutral Affinity would require burning away enough of both boxes that would could no longer get DIK or CHICK Affinity anymore.

But that would have required about 2 more episodes to finish, and DPC evidently wanted to lock in all Affinities at the end of Season 2. As a result, Neutral Affinity is locked in if you fail to earn one of the other Affinities with the final Major Decision in Episode 8. This counterintuitively results in situations where you lose your Affinity by trying to reinforce it; technically, you had already locked in Neutral Affinity some time ago, but the game didn't tell you about it until now. :rolleyes:

Sadly, the only way to fix this is to go back and reverse enough Major Decisions that you'll be able to burn through that last box by the end of Episode 8.

emma_cluck is set to True later in the scene if you chose to take Emma's phone, then you choose 'Get revenge'.

zoey_dik is set at the end of the episode, and depends on the value of zoey_dk, the variable that gets altered at numerable points in the game. If it's >= 0, zoey_dik is set to True.
Interesting, I wondered if that was how it worked. It sounds like Zoey has three possible 'states' (which I shall dub Forgiving, Neutral, and Vindictive), and a DIK flag. That last one probably will be like the MC's Status dialog.

I still say it would have been better to skip the Interlude and use Zoey's interactions with the MC to set equivalent variables, but perhaps DPC can salvage something from this approach.

Reactions: hakuna-matata

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
The new interlude update is not bad, short, to put Zoey's return in context, nothing more. Now the interesting thing is going to be if we are going to be able to handle MC and Zoey or if we are going to continue with Mc as before and Zoey as one more character. Apart from that I have my doubts regarding future updates and if someone could answer me I would appreciate it: For update number 9, where do we load it? In the interlude game file or in the lifelong one?

Dec 19, 2019
Do you have any theories about who it is? The redhead in the center looks like a young Sage, the black one on the left is Jill. And on the right is a young Jade.

View attachment 1688587
Guys, if someone is lost about who those three girls at the end are...

Edited with images.

They are all new aditions of ep8, they were all at the dorm part.

View attachment 1687358

The goth of the left with crying eyes is the best known. We saw her in four legs being sandwich by two guys and later on during the tests. Yeah, she is that girl.
View attachment 1687359

The brunette of the right is also at that party in the dancing zone, with naked tits, hard to forget. She is in the same room as Kilye and Christie and KRJ.

View attachment 1687360

The redhead in the midle with air hostess dress it's a little less prominent but she also was at that party. She is wearing a white dress, dancing with a nerd in the same room with Jacob, Clara and Maya.

View attachment 1687361

ErwinRommel2016

Feb 4, 2020
I guess I will wait for the steam release since windows wants to be a bitch and I don't want to update to a shittier version of windows.:confused::rolleyes::confused:
1646501316619.png

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
It's a side effect of the way permanent affinity was accelerated for Neutrality. DIK and CHICK Affinities became permanent when you burned away the last of the opposing boxes. Logically, permanent Neutral Affinity would require burning away enough of both boxes that would could no longer get DIK or CHICK Affinity anymore.

But that would have required about 2 more episodes to finish, and DPC evidently wanted to lock in all Affinities at the end of Season 2. As a result, Neutral Affinity is locked in if you fail to earn one of the other Affinities with the final Major Decision in Episode 8. This counterintuitively results in situations where you lose your Affinity by trying to reinforce it; technically, you had already locked in Neutral Affinity some time ago, but the game didn't tell you about it until now. :rolleyes:

Sadly, the only way to fix this is to go back and reverse enough Major Decisions that you'll be able to burn through that last box by the end of Episode 8.
It's really dumb. Now I have to restart because I didn't make seperate save files for this save. Unless I can it change it in the console command. If I have to restart I'll do it closer to the release of Episode 9.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
It's really dumb. Now I have to restart because I didn't make seperate save files for this save. Unless I can it change it in the console command. If I have to restart I'll do it closer to the release of Episode 9.
Yeah, I don't think it was well thought out, but that's pretty much the Affinity system in a nutshell. It sucks you have no other saves. But let this be a lesson and take the old motto to heart: "Save early, save often, save in multiple slots."

In theory you could use the console commands to change things, but unless you both manually edit your Affinity and reverse one of the old Decisions you could run into trouble down the line since your game state is technically invalid. It might be faster to just blitz through the game over again and choose differently.

Or, as you say, wait until Episode 9 is close and play Seasons 1 and 2 over again to get ready.

IcemanVincy85

Nov 14, 2020
The interlude was nice. Nice to see a backstory of Zoey and know that she is sweet and caring:her feeling when the grandmother dies was "touching", with tatoos and stuff i had the impression she was a "bad girl" but never judge a book from the cover i guess...

I don't know if we play the episode 9 as Zoey like the Interlude beside the MC, but it's nice to play as girl. I liked it, there are new characters involved that seems interesting. I can't wait to see how the plot will continue.

sakuyas_mmaster

Feb 12, 2018
Do you have any theories about who it is? The redhead in the center looks like a young Sage, the black one on the left is Jill. And on the right is a young Jade.

View attachment 1688587
This picture is clearly inside the DIK mansion. Looks like these girls wear costumes, so probably during the planned Halloween party? I think all three of these chicks are new introductions. Maybe we have seen the one on the left before, not sure.

edit: just realized they aren't even new introductions really. As Heycock pointed out earlier we've seen all of them before. Just don't know their names yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Don Sucio

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
i still dont get this from ep4

Screenshot_2.png

anyone can explain? (derek talking to mc after josy arrival)

edit : solved

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes