vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Edit: This stament is not aplicable to Madam.
But but but... there's people out there that follow BaDik just for her! All two of them will be greatly disappointed!

And here you lost it
Just wait for that theory that Riona is Madam's daughter gets some proof!
(or just be happy you don't have to share... ah well, atleast not with everybody)

So again WTF is here to theorize about ?
Im not saying it's to prove Riona is Madam's daughter, but......

PinkmeX

May 14, 2020
Again, you're conflating lewd scenes with content and focus. I'm not expecting the MC to get more lewd scenes with a LI if he picks her. I'm expecting him to act differently towards that LI and towards others if he picks her. That's well within DPCs power to do, especially now that he doesn't need to make the one or two lewd scenes LIs get available universally.

But that can't happen if the MC's response to Zoey is essentially the same on all branches. That's what I'm worried about.
I think you've hit it dead on here. DPC himself was at the crossroads after episode 8.

He had two options. One was to actually commit to different paths truly being different, which would have resulted in less, but higher quality content on a particular path. That however would have exposed him to endless wrath of mindless drones who would've come up with brilliant complaints such as "6 months for 1 hour of playtime, what a fuck", while ignoring that it would actually offer more since the replay value would rocket up.

DPC has been shown to be wary of such masses, as evidenced by the fact that poor Zoey didn't get any dick in all her time apart from ol' fuckface, so he decided to take the much easier path. Namely, slap some Zoey-shaped drama over the problem, which will mostly unify the paths again, and he can go on as he was thus far. He is clearly aiming for as much of broad appeal as he can get.

Personally, I'm not too ticked about it, as I'm here mostly for Quinn, and her "path" hasn't suffered from this yet, but it's certainly starting to hurt the overall quality of storytelling. Of course, based on everything we've seen Quinn is not that likely to get some type of nice ending, but a man can hope.

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
But being serious...

It always came to the same problem. I think a lot of people should consider that they are not the only players of this thing. While you maybe don't like something other people do. Since the goal of the game is to please a diverse number of players it has more sense to include something than to remove it.

When you ask to remove something you don't like you are being completely indiferent to other people preferences. If you want every scene and all the content for your prefered girls and complain of the girls you don't like and ask to remove them, even if other people like them... that's kind of selfish, innocent selfishness but still.

Instead we should considerer to accept what we don't like, others may do. Yeah, we will get less content with our particular preferences but everyone will get something and that's more valuable than to some people geting everything. Therefore we will share the game with other people.

I don't like sex scenes with Riona or Quinn couse they are not my fetish. But a lot of people love them so I find perfetely fine to accept the next update gets delay two weeks or one month to include content for them. Couse the game is not made to please me exclusively.

If you don't like Zoey, ok. But bro, there are like 20 girls in this game.

I don't think anyone hates Zoey. I most certainly don't. What we don't like is 4 months of development time that could have been used for Episode 9. Who really cares about seeing her time in San Diego? The episode was pretty borring. It was the first time I felt like I couldn't wait for the episode to finish. The only exciting part about the Interlude was Sage yelling a MC at the end of the episode. With epsidoes taking longer produce, by now, DPC would have been probably half way done with Episode 9.

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
in what's by all intents and purposes the mid/late part of the story,
So? What's your point here?
Besides being an ode to artistic conservatism...
There is no reasonable reason whatsoever that an artist to limit himself to their previous creation. None. Actually it's the oposite, he should free to create new things.

You know, long-lasting ones who weren't just shoved into the game for drama,
Drama = story.

Always has been. A story without drama is the most boring, uninspiring thing I can ever imagine. Just imagine Titanic without the fucking iceberg. Imagine Romeo and Juliet if it was a completely ok relationship. Imagine Hamlet with his father alive... anyway.
Every significat character in this story has a purpose as a story character in the way he could generate drama. Quinn for example it's there to antagonize the MC, to generate conflict, therefore drama, with Sage Maya Josy Mona etc.

Like, your argument would work if you were talking of Quinn,
You mean the one you like? Yeah... I see what's your problem there.

Who can say with a straight face that, going forward, they'd rather have DCP work on her and her drama than on whoever they picked in the crossroads.
I just did man. Totally straight. I am happy other people gets what they want.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
But being serious...

It always came to the same problem. I think a lot of people should consider that they are not the only players of this thing. While you maybe don't like something other people do. Since the goal of the game is to please a diverse number of players it has more sense to include something than to remove it.

When you ask to remove something you don't like you are being completely indiferent to other people preferences. If you want every scene and all the content for your prefered girls and complain of the girls you don't like and ask to remove them, even if other people like them... that's kind of selfish, innocent selfishness but still.

Instead we should considerer to accept what we don't like, others may do. Yeah, we will get less content with our particular preferences but everyone will get something and that's more valuable than to some people geting everything. Therefore we will share the game with other people.

I don't like sex scenes with Riona or Quinn couse they are not my fetish. But a lot of people love them so I find perfetely fine to accept the next update gets delay two weeks or one month to include content for them. Couse the game is not made to please me exclusively.

If you don't like Zoey, ok. But bro, there are like 20 girls in this game.

Well said. a lot of people criticizing that he added more content to his game, gave our MC one more LI. I find it amusing. I never asked DPC to remove Maya and Josy from the game, even though I don't like them. Even though my MC is included in all their drama even if after all choices I made was to stay away from them. But I didn't ask to remove them from the game. There are some pushovers who love them, so they should have their fun too.

Some people with a small mind being in this forum all day telling DPC on how he should write his VN, when the man is a mastermind who thinks in every detail and does it all by himself. I think poeple don't stop to think about everything that DPC has done for this game, the creativity and the skills to put everything in place. You don't see any other VN that looks like BEING A DIK. And just because he decided to add a new plot to the game people are telling him to remove it, or saying it is shit.

I wont lie. Before playing the interlude, I didnt like the idea of zoey. Everyone was talking about her without knowing her, she wasn't even in the game yet, and people wanted to fuck her or the other girl who is friend's with Jill. But after I played the actual content about zoey. got to know where she comes from, who she is. I end up loving her. Will this change how I feel about the LI I've chosen before her? So far, no. But she has potential to become a LI on my path. If not, I will just play and try to make it work with whoever I've chosen so far.

I remember everyone hated Acting Lessons. I loved that game. I even was offended here once for saying I loved the game. There are a bunch of bad developers out there. But DPC is an artist. If you try to look at Being A dik outside of your bubble, you will see that it is a piece of art. Not just something to fap and cum on your own face.

Last edited:

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
Saves from Season 3 one for choosing
Teacher,
the two girls
one for others
one for Sage
So paste into the folder named in the included text
Virus checked use or don't

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
I mean let's be honest here i'm on Bella path:love:, where my Bella fans at:D do anyone thinks that we give a shite on this Zoey girl and we'll ditch Bella for her...

Reactions: Nacht13

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
Once
Shazba, you know I love you but I think you're being willfully obtuse here. The problem isn't needing multiple saves; I've got oodles of saves. The problem is that I don't believe any of them will let me make the choices I actually care about.

You quip that the other girls won't be kicked to the wayside just because Zoey shows up but I'm not so sure. Yes, the other girls will definitely have screen time, but I'm not here to rack up lewd scenes; I'm here for the story and the romance. Both of those need not just screen time, they need progression. Zoey, as presented thus far, feels like regression.

BaDIK is a soap opera, so drama is inevitable. And the MC does have his own personality, so some of the drama is going to flow from that. I accept both of those points. But as long as I'm allowed to make choices for the MC, I expect those choices to mean something. If I choose to pursue Maya and Josy to the exclusion of all others, I don't just want the MC to fool around with them when he has an empty spot in his schedule. I want him to prioritize them. That's where DPC dropped the ball in Season 2, and where I'm afraid he's going to do it again in Season 3.

Remember, it was DPC who amped up the 'crossroads' to 11 in Episode 8. The MC supposedly realized that showing undiscussed affection to multiple girls was unfair and either committed to a single relationship, or to making it clear that he *wasn't* interested in a relationship at this time. I was willing to chalk the MC's histrionics over the Maya/Josy crisis in Episode 4 up to him being a young, horny kid. But now we've been explicitly told that he's matured, so I expect him to handle both his relationship and any adversity differently in Season 3. DPC called the tune and he needs to pay the piper.

Just to be clear, that doesn't mean Zoey can't return or that the MC can't have complicated feelings towards her. It's fine for her to create additional drama... *as long as it flows from my choices*. That's the key. DPC can't just assume direct control and make drama happen simply because it looks good on paper. Not after he forced us into a supposedly heartfelt choice. New drama needs to flow from the new situation, otherwise the impact of both the choice and the drama is negated.

Which brings us back to Zoey. Again, the MC supposedly just committed himself to either a single relationship, or to avoiding a relationship until he was ready to take it seriously. If that decision is to have any meaning, the MC can't just abandon it the first time a 'new' girl has some chemistry with him. If an MC who committed to one of the main girls doesn't prioritize her/them over Zoey, he obviously wasn't taking the choice seriously in the first place.

Sure, he has a history with Zoey. But as the Interlude shows, that history was extremely shallow. Even his lame discussion with Bella about elephants (except, you know, the really, really obvious one) was more significant than drawing Zoey's Z-Chord. Zoey will always be special to him, but she's not in some privileged position relative to the other unchosen girls. Asserting otherwise won't amp up the drama, it will deflate it.

Now, there are ways to add Zoey to the mix that don't run afoul of the crossroads. Unfortunately, they require that Zoey's impact vary considerably based on our choices. In an Others run, for example, Zoey would be a reason for him to rethink his decision; we could get some drama out of the MC deciding whether playing the field is worth blowing his one shot to patch things up with her. In a M/J or Bella run, Zoey could be a problem not because the MC wants to reunite but because he can't explain his secret relationship to her; how far will he go to protect that secret? In a Sage or Jill run, on the other hand, the drama would be limited to letting Zoey down easily.

If DPC is willing and able to tailor Zoey's role in that manner, I'll be happy to admit I was wrong to panic over the Interlude. But I hope you'll forgive me if I'm not optimistic based on what we've seen so far. Giving Zoey her own Interlude doesn't suggest she's going to be a minor player in Season 3. And having an MC who didn't fuck Jade still hide in the Burke's bathroom doesn't suggest DPC has learned not to force the drama.

Everything I see suggests that Season 3 will be to all the LIs what Season 2 was for M/J: a long digression that ultimately leaves us making the same choice all over again at the end rather than developing that choice. Sure, Season 4 will probably be different when we finally get there, but that's a long way off. So yeah, I remain worried about Zoey and frankly, I think you should be, too.

tl;dr:
I'm not worried Zoey is going to steal the other LIs' lewd scenes, I'm worried she's going to steal the focus that should be theirs in the wake of the crossroads. And no number of saves can help against that unless DPC is willing to dial down Zoey based on our actions. I'm not holding my breath.

I'd say the MC and Zoey were legitimate best friends, but that their friendship was rather shallow. That's hardly unrealistic, but as I just beat into the ground, it doesn't leave Zoey well positioned in the wake of the crossroads.
once again very well said. This sums up pretty much all my thoughts and worries on Zoey and the Interlude. We can only hope that DPC surprises us and delivers with some meaningful progression

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
These aren't even important things and little to nothing to do with the game... you must be really bored out of your mind if questions like these rise in your head ! ;) :LOL:
I mean let's be honest here i'm on Bella path:love:, where my Bella fans at:D do anyone thinks that we give a shite on this Zoey girl and we'll ditch Bella for her...
Nope :p I will definitely not :KEK:

Reactions: BorgiaBou

Daken9

Apr 28, 2017
So? What's your point here?
Besides being an ode to artistic conservatism...
There is no reasonable reason whatsoever that an artist to limit himself to their previous creation. None. Actually it's the oposite, he should free to create new things.
Yes. Art.

That it's the mid/late part of the story, after an uber-duper dramatic choice built up by DCP for all of S2, yet suddenly we're taking a u into ex territory.

Drama = story.

Always has been. A story without drama is the most boring, uninspiring thing I can ever imagine. Just imagine Titanic without the fucking iceberg. Imagine Romeo and Juliet if it was a completely ok relationship. Imagine Hamlet with his father alive... anyway.
Every significat character in this story has a purpose as a story character in the way he could generate drama. Quinn for example it's there to antagonize the MC, to generate conflict, therefore drama, with Sage Maya Josy Mona etc.
Make it a zombie apocalypse, then, if all drama is good. Or maybe don't, since it'd come out of nowhere.

But also, don't cut and paste like a cheap newspaper. In context, i was comparing this character to others, in relation to what your argument that somehow people who are concerned about what's coming are 'selfish' because they'd rather be dealing with the ramifications of the crossway, rather than be shoved into a haphazardly put together love-triangle.

You mean the one you like? Yeah... I see what's your problem there.
Because Quinn, like other side-girls, has the most to lose from the introduction of a new major player, or those of a few minor ones. Again, context.

I do like her though, i won't deny.

I just did man. Totally straight. I am happy other people gets what they want.
You like Maya. I can't take you seriously.

Jk.

maybe

Last edited:
Reactions: ename144

Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
I share the criticism of many here about the interlude: for three years, we have been pushed to prove our commitment to potential love interests. The timing of introducing a new one right after the choice was made is way too late.
I don't think anyone hates Zoey. I most certainly don't. What we don't like is 4 months of development time that could have been used for Episode 9.

The story of the game has already been written since episode 1.

Zoey's arrival was (I think) planned. What has changed is the format of her introduction.

It should have taken the form of a prologue, but DPC decided to make it an Interlude.

Otherwise, I would also have preferred that episode 9 arrive 3-4 months earlier and that what is told in the Interlude be summarized in the prologue.

Rocc46

Sep 1, 2020
So I just finished this update and I don't really get why we needed a whole separate episode dedicated to a "new" characters backstory and why it couldn't be part of episode 9 and obviously much shorter. If this was supposed to make me care more about Zoey then it failed, I just don't care at all what she's been up to this whole time, also she just doesn't look that good compared to other girls. I think it may be too late to be (re)introducing new MAJOR characters into the story at this point. And what's more annoying is that she's obviously gonna be brute forced into the story to cause some major shitshow, I hope I'm wrong though.

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
So I just finished this update and I don't really get why we needed a whole separate episode dedicated to a "new" characters backstory and why it couldn't be part of episode 9 and obviously much shorter. If this was supposed to make me care more about Zoey then it failed, I just don't care at all what she's been up to this whole time, also she just doesn't look that good compared to other girls. I think it may be too late to be (re)introducing new MAJOR characters into the story at this point. And what's more annoying is that she's obviously gonna be brute forced into the story to cause some major shitshow, I hope I'm wrong though.
Yeah i agree with you on this one, is way to late for her to be introduced in the game but hey we all know pink and how he likes his drama... but if i'm not forced to have interactions with her in season 3 i'm gonna give her my reject button from her first dialogue that i have with her...

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes