ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
To be honest, what you're looking for is the one thing this game has never delivered on.

In real life, when you were young and you were into a girl and the relationship became sexual, you hung out together lots, and fucked every chance you could get (in the car, in her parents' lounge room, in her bedroom, at the beach, you get the point...) In this game the mc is lucky if he fucks the same girls twice in a week.

All AVNs love to drag the sexual progression at a snail's pace since they have nothing else to offer once you've hit all bases.

While BaDIK is more about the story than the sex, it would still stand to reason that the mc would have been waaaaay more sexual with M&J once they ended in the throuple in ep4. The scene with Josy and the mc in the bathroom at the gym was a highlight for me.

Once Jill lost her virginity, I'd expect her to be pining for the mc (she only just lost her virginity so I can't conclude that hasn't happened).

Bella is probably more balanced, she's old enough to have gotten over the initial infatuation with a guy and with sex. Although she was keen to get over her dry spell.

Sage seems like the only character that wants to fuck all the time (obviously that's Chad's fault).

But anyway, getting back to the point, this game isn't going to allow to spend a lot of time progressing the relationship with your chosen LI. Each LI will get one or two scenes an episode if they are lucky, and mostly it's superficial.

Those few scenes are tied in among the drama that propels the story along, and Zoey is exactly the kind of drama this game revels in.

Each to their own of course, but I play this game for the fun factor, the comedy and the drama. I couldn't give a fuck about the romance.

The only game that I've played here that made the development of a relationship feel truly sincere was "A Town Uncovered". That's a pretty weird game actually, but the mc can get involved with his teacher and I thought that was done fantastically. I can't vouch for the rest of the game though.
Again, you're conflating lewd scenes with content and focus. I'm not expecting the MC to get more lewd scenes with a LI if he picks her. I'm expecting him to act differently towards that LI and towards others if he picks her. That's well within DPCs power to do, especially now that he doesn't need to make the one or two lewd scenes LIs get available universally.

But that can't happen if the MC's response to Zoey is essentially the same on all branches. That's what I'm worried about.

JNolan92

Nov 2, 2021
How could you leave out Summer's Gone and Hillside and A.O.A Academy?
While I haven't played the other two games, I have played AOA and I still haven't finished it yet, but I enjoyed it in the beginning, but it got like too story heavy for me. All the girls seem to have sad backstories and there's hardly any nudity or sex scenes. It's all about protecting Valery from the cartel. And the dev is such a cocktease with Jenny, who I really like and want to do stuff with yet I haven't done anything with her at all, aside from maybe that titty fuck or whatever it was towards the beginning (I think you can do that Jenny, right?). Also all the grammatical errors and misspellings... I really want that game to be good but it seems like the dev forgot what kind of game he was making and got too into the story of the cartel and Valery.

Reactions: Tumblingjoint

AssMan14

Feb 10, 2022
Has anyone figured out if there is any influence of the Interlude choices on the character of Zoey that will be shown in the future? (like in game files)

By type will it be more DIK or CHICK etc

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Really not what I was expecting, it really deviates from the continuation of the main plot, I miss my Bella, and now have to wait another 6 months to proceed the story :(
So help me understand this. What exactly were you expecting after it's been mentioned time and again before the interlude release that it is just filling in Zoey's backstory and that it's not going to move forward the main plot at all?

Valoryn

Jul 13, 2018
Has anyone figured out if there is any influence of the Interlude choices on the character of Zoey that will be shown in the future? (like in game files)

The only important choice in the interlude was whether Zoey calmy confronts Emma about the rooster post or grabbing the phone from her. Don't know how it'll be used in season 3.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021

Yeah, Walter Victor pointed out the variables in some of his posts, standard Zoey is "DIK" but true/false will be applied after the interlude, also 2 other variables are being saved for either talking with Ems or getting back at her.
So yeah it's safe to assume your playthrough in the interlude decides what type Zoey will be in later episodes...

Casiope

Nov 30, 2017
I share the criticism of many here about the interlude: for three years, we have been pushed to prove our commitment to potential love interests. The timing of introducing a new one right after the choice was made is way too late.

I understand the reasons behind the standalone: Dr PinkCake needed a pause between important episodes in order to experiment with a new narrative style; but this breaks the dynamic with the feeling that the crossroads was flawed. Once again the creator favors drama (the unexpected ex who comes back for love) to better disrupt the players' intentions.

Another negative point is the constant arrival of new characters to the point that even regular players get lost. Maybe it's time to deepen the existing ones rather than adding Becky, Bianca, Vixxens… I worry that this extensive cast may dilute the writing process.

So, by mimicking Life Is Stange series, Dr PinkCake undercuts the authenticity of Being a DIK. One thing is for sure: with a universe that keeps expanding, the creator shows no inclination to put an end to his game.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
So help me understand this. What exactly were you expecting after it's been mentioned time and again before the interlude release that it is just filling in Zoey's backstory and that it's not going to move forward the main plot at all?
I don't follow up on threads like most of you do, so, I wasn't aware of it, I knew about a new girl, but that's about it.

Kame-Sennin

Engaged Member
Aug 29, 2017
someone please help start a new game in interlude, i can't import even after copying save files from season 2 in appdata saves folder of season 3

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
While I haven't played the other two games, I have played AOA and I still haven't finished it yet, but I enjoyed it in the beginning, but it got like too story heavy for me. All the girls seem to have sad backstories and there's hardly any nudity or sex scenes. It's all about protecting Valery from the cartel. And the dev is such a cocktease with Jenny, who I really like and want to do stuff with yet I haven't done anything with her at all, aside from maybe that titty fuck or whatever it was towards the beginning (I think you can do that Jenny, right?). Also all the grammatical errors and misspellings... I really want that game to be good but it seems like the dev forgot what kind of game he was making and got too into the story of the cartel and Valery.
I agree that the MOB story is very misplaced, but you get more than enough sex with Jade and while is is not my main LI, her scenes are damn hot no just vanilla crap. Last time the Scene with Vicky was great. We are slowly getting there.

Reactions: JNolan92

JNolan92

Nov 2, 2021
I agree that the MOB story is very misplaced, but you get more than enough sex with Jade and while is is not my main LI, her scenes are damn hot no just vanilla crap. Last time the Scene with Vicky was great. We are slowly getting there.
Oh. Yeah I'm not a fan of Jade so I wasn't trying with her lol.

bebiho

Sep 16, 2016
Personally i would say City of Broken Dreamers, Intertwined, The Unbroken and The Author, Chasing Sunsets are some of the titles that can surely compete with BaDik on several fronts. I agree with you DPC brings a high quality overall package but you should be fair to compare devs and their products, there's some very good startups with hardly any patreons that you try to measure to work of an accomplished dev with astronomical funding compared to them.
I'm in no way trying to talk bad of DPC's work, i just think there's several artist that deliver a comparable quality, often less content but it's just hard to compete with DPC on that front, but writing and visuals just as good or better (Badik been running 2 years already so it would be a miracle if there's no newer stuff around visually better then BaDik in earlier episodes)
And then there's some promising startups that sadly been stopped like Fallen Roads and Fix the Future for instance...
And fair is fair, Acting lessons compared to BaDik is another level aswell, devs grow overtime resulting in bigger or atleast better products.
Chasing Sunsets and COBD do have great art and is on par with BADIK visually. I agree. These VN may also have better writing. But their overall "package" is a tier below. If they could add some in game mechanics that enchance the experience then we having a different conversation.

To me COBD have the potential to be on pair with BADIK but PhillyGames lack the ability to add game mechanics that enchance his VN, if you compare Depraved Awakening to COBD, the only difference is art quality. Same setup, you just read the dialogues and click.

The thing that sets DPC apart to me is his developer growth from Acting Lessons to BADIK. He has added so much to "enchance" his games but also kept the "fun" and suspense experience that we all fell in love with Acting Lessons, you cant wait to see whats in store for next episode. The only other developer who does this well is Drifty with Leap of Faith. If he continues on his current growth pace, he may get up there.

Btw thanks for the game suggestions I will check them out =)

Last edited:

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
Maybe it's time to deepen the existing ones rather than adding Becky, Bianca, Vixxens… I worry that this extensive cast may dilute the writing process.
Now, Casiope, this is a declaration of war. Becky & co has been the best thing this game had and it's the best we are going to have. ¿Negative?

Who is going to suck your dick in a bathroom while you make fun of her?
Bella? Oh come on don´t make me laugh.

Who is going to cheat on that dumb Oscar in a gloryhole with her friend while Sarah lick your ears?
I don't see any LI having a boyfriend who could cheat anymore so that's a no.

Who is going to dance in the middle of a room with her tits jumping for our pleasure?
Well actually i can think of a lot of candidates... but, who has the honor of beign the first?

Wich of this girls has shown their entusiasm in taking two dicks at the same time and yet dont have a sexual desease?
Noone but our blue eyes goth chick.

And you want them to remain unfucked by MC's cock?????
You cruel, cruel, cruel fox.

I don't accept different opinions on this subject. The Vixxns will be fucked whever they may be.

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
But being serious...

It always came to the same problem. I think a lot of people should consider that they are not the only players of this thing. While you maybe don't like something other people do. Since the goal of the game is to please a diverse number of players it has more sense to include something than to remove it.

When you ask to remove something you don't like you are being completely indiferent to other people preferences. If you want every scene and all the content for your prefered girls and complain of the girls you don't like and ask to remove them, even if other people like them... that's kind of selfish, innocent selfishness but still.

Instead we should considerer to accept what we don't like, others may do. Yeah, we will get less content with our particular preferences but everyone will get something and that's more valuable than to some people geting everything. Therefore we will share the game with other people.

I don't like sex scenes with Riona or Quinn couse they are not my fetish. But a lot of people love them so I find perfetely fine to accept the next update gets delay two weeks or one month to include content for them. Couse the game is not made to please me exclusively.

If you don't like Zoey, ok. But bro, there are like 20 girls in this game.

Edit: This stament is not aplicable to Madam.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Sold (y):LOL:

But if B&R and so Fuckface lives in New York ( City or State ) what's the question and theories about Zoey shifting her ass approx 2800 miles away chasing a dream ??? You cannot be so delusional that you ( or anyone else ) think this could work in a long range type relationship OR the other would wait for you a year or so without any motivation ( talk ) ... So again WTF is here to theorize about ? :LOL::ROFLMAO::KEK:

Dnutz

Apr 24, 2021
I'm thinking early. He has already written the script for the new episode (I think so). The title is ready, several animations and renderings. But in any case, you should not expect it before July.
damn my hype needs fuel am i right, the waiting game is a killer for the soul, but im hopeful:4Head:

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes