xfam0us

Mar 23, 2018
Really dissapointing update :cry:
Not only was there no progression at all, the update took around 3 and a half month to put out, and unless the "main" first update of season 3 comes out within a month or 2, its gonna be a long wait :(

• Angry
Reactions: p22
Oct 10, 2020
I think the update was good in terms of quality and entertainment, but I also found it redundant and counter-productive to introduce more LI.
Zoey just feels like another Josy.
i was really looking forward to seeing zoey. I mean we have known about her forever and it was just a matter of times for her to join the story. I like it, but i still want Sage more ;)

Reactions: Ilhares
Dec 19, 2019
Note: Who are the Vixens? I recognize the one the left as the girl that was getting railed by two guys in dorms, but cant place the other two. Also, adding MORE side characters this late in the game, in addition to Zoey seem an arbitrary choice. Hope DPS has a plan. There are already too many threads in the play.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Bubba McSmith

Oct 30, 2020
I stepped away from my replay to interject this.

Admittingly, I have played very few AVNs, but of those that I've played and the walkthroughs I've watched, it seems common for the developer to use very basic facial expressions during dialogue, and often they use only a couple of different expressions repeatedly. Sometimes they don't even bother repositioning a character's mouth to show they're speaking, much less try to convey any type of emotion.

For me, one thing to DPC's credit is his attention to this. I've mentioned before his recent improvements to facial animations. However, from the beginning of the game I noticed how much he will change a character's face for dialogue stills. In the Interlude, he turned it up a notch. During the scene in which Zoey is getting her first tattoo, the frequency of Zoey's expression changes jumped out at me.

Here's a compilation of Zoey's face during that scene:

View attachment 1692762

And just like the difference in Jill's face when she sees you with Bella depending on whether you're on her path, the changes can be very slight - especially for those last two.

If there is another game with a decent story in which the developer adds this level of detail, I would very much like to hear about it.
Some of it is definitely DPC's skills improving, but we do have to remember that the Daz software has gotten better since he first started, albeit very slowly. The 4.20 update to Daz has to do with volumetric lighting and stuff like that, but I'm pretty sure the 4.16 update had something to do with facial morphs.

Hair is another good example of this. When DPC first started BaDIK, Daz models had some horrible looking hair, but once they jumped to the 8.0/8.1 genesis models, the hair finally started to catch up and look better. aka Sage's early hair.

Software and models are going to keep getting better as DPC takes a decade to finish this game.

dreamgoat

Oct 10, 2020
So this message is going to be a bit all over the place covering a bunch of random shit...
LOL I was thinking the same thing. Why not make it where Zoey talks to the MC of what happen instead of being MC Zoey in this. I was a bit confused on what was happening and really missed my MC choices and character. I really felt awkward. I had really expected something where MC goes back after father calls him and says, "hey, your best friend Zoey came by and is at my place." MC makes time to visit father to check on Zoey to see what's up and happen. Ill wait till season 3 comes out and before playing that ill blow pass the interlude once I get a glimpse on what's going to happen in season 3.

Reactions: jasont123

lazyamerican

Mar 25, 2020
Is this entirely about MC's girl? Cause I really couldn't care less for playing as someone else, especially as a women. Always hated that in games where you're suddenly forced to play as someone else.

Reactions: Majindevil

shiton32

Sep 29, 2021
Is this entirely about MC's girl? Cause I really couldn't care less for playing as someone else, especially as a women. Always hated that in games where you're suddenly forced to play as someone else.
zoey = best friend and fuck buddy

and that's just the character introduction is pretty short
the game interlude has a lot of scenes and important details with mc
it was actually pretty fun
And I've never played a female protagonist game before

• Red Heart
Reactions: Conor Adams

sdawg1234

Dec 1, 2019
I don't know how this will affect the main story in the future, but I enjoyed this little episode. Curious to see how things move going forward with Zoey back and since my main playthrough choice was the bachelor route interested to see what could happen.

nsiac

Feb 16, 2020
When Zoey was mentioned in Season 1, she didn't attract me at all.
I went into the Interlude without expectations.

DPC is really talented.

Advice for the people who don't want to play it just because: play it.
And yes, I'm usually not even into tatted chicks but she has sex appeal. And she's really funny.

Not gonna lie, I'm curious to see how things will go in Episode 9.
I've always been on team Jill but seeing the connection and chemistry Zoey had with MC, well, that's something.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes