Daken9

Apr 28, 2017
Why would he want to call her out ?
In the falshback early on he says that he didn't try to make her stay and that ,IIRC, he noticed what he lost later. For him she was not a GF they were there for eachother, two marginalized teens who went through highschool together.
Can't have it both ways. If she was just a vapid childhood crush/friend, then we should be allowed to sideline her and call it a day. If she was/is more than that and she's to be a big (read, forced) part of the game going forward, then the least that should be done is address her behaviour beyond the hokey misunderstanding.

Last edited:

Melimelo

Jun 7, 2017
Can't have it both ways. If she was just a vapid childhood crush/friend, then we should be allowed to sideline her and call it a day. If she was/is more than that and she's to be a big (read, forced) part of the game going forward, then the least that should be done is address her behaviour beyond the hokey misunderstanding.
Well, I haven't played the interlude yet, so I don't know how it is set up. It was just my 2 cents ;)

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Comparing this writing to the Witcher is more than a bit of a stretch.

But I will ask you a question that I've asked everyone on this forum and never received an adequate answer for. Why would the MC consider Maya as a friend? I won't go into an in depth analysis of their relationship or Maya's many faults, that's been discussed to death on this forum and I'm sure that everyone is familiar with all of the points. Just show me where the "artist" has portrayed anything that could remotely be interpreted as a friendship between these two? And don't give me that it's taken as a given BS, that's the epitome of poor writing and you are the one throwing around comparisons to work like the writing in the Witcher.
I don't know about others, but I would have treated Maya well myself, if only because she allowed me to spend the night and sheltered me. In addition, very often we hung out together (watched a movie on the phone, a picnic, kisses). If it's not friendship, then what? Pink interprets the concept of friendship very broadly. Tremolo is considered friends by almost the entire campus, lol.

RonWeasleyJr

Sep 23, 2018
Unpopular opinion, but I hope Sage wears her hair long again in Chapter 9 and beyond, I really loved how she looked in Chapter 1.

She looked even hotter with the neon fuschia hair in the Episode 5 flashback. My hope is that, after her world gets turned upside down when her parents shenanigans get exposed, she has a breakdown and decides that "Party Girl Sage" is back and she dyes her hair again, and MC has to determine whether or not to help her embrace her old personality, or convince her to toughen up and keep moving forward (i.e., be a responsible adult).

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
No no, it works. At first I didn't even swapped it, that's why. I was only using the saves, but after swapping the persistent file everything is working fine.
Oh okay, I must've read your reply wrong. Had me nervous there for a second, glad you got everything working. Feel free to message me if you have anymore trouble.

• Red Heart
Reactions: FlyinginTime

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I don't know about others, but I would have treated Maya well myself, if only because she allowed me to spend the night and sheltered me. In addition, very often we hung out together (watched a movie on the phone, a picnic, kisses). If it's not friendship, then what? Pink interprets the concept of friendship very broadly. Tremolo is considered friends by almost the entire campus, lol.
Yes, the MC is considered a friend by many on campus. As long as he is helpful. But I wonder who will stand by the MC when he needs help himself? True friends recognize when the other person needs help, even if the person doesn't recognize it or wants it.

Jill has already helped the MC and he has helped Jill. That is a good friendship.

With Sage, the help has been one-sided so far. Still, I see great potential for a good friendship. Somehow I feel that Sage could replace Zoey as a best friend.

Isabella and the MC help each other out. He never had a mother and Isabella never had a child. That doesn't mean Isabella is the MC's mother. But a non-sexual relationship gives both of them what they didn't have in life.

Josy and Maya are cute, actually still teenagers like the MC and on their way to becoming adults. The problem with Patrick, however, is pervasive. But all three have realized that they need help because they can't do it on their own. I think Sage is supposed to fill that role. There is also good karma and that is Sage for the three if the MC is just a good friend to Sage.

Quinn still has to prove herself. Yes, she has opened her heart to the MC, but I don't see any real cohesion between them yet.

The DIKs have really only benefited from the MC, and so far no real reciprocation has come from them. Yes, he has the best room in the mansion, but no DIK has helped the MC furnish that room. He furnished it himself, with the help of Josy, Maya or Isabella. Of the DIK's parents, only Neil helped with his friend Luis. I think this is pretty one-sided. True friends and family behave differently.

I think Zoey will play a big role in the future. She knows the MC best and has also led the MC out of the darkness and into the light. In the EP3 flashback, we learn that the MC was an outsider at his high school and was bullied by the other classmates. He fought back and was punished. Then he met Zoey and Zoey actually made the MC socially acceptable. She showed him what other kids do. Yes, let's see if Zoey falls in love with the MC or they rekindle their friendship but without + status.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Yes, the MC is considered a friend by many on campus. As long as he is helpful. But I wonder who will stand by the MC when he needs help himself? True friends recognize when the other person needs help, even if the person doesn't recognize it or wants it.

Jill has already helped the MC and he has helped Jill. That is a good friendship.

With Sage, the help has been one-sided so far. Still, I see great potential for a good friendship. Somehow I feel that Sage could replace Zoey as a best friend.

Isabella and the MC help each other out. He never had a mother and Isabella never had a child. That doesn't mean Isabella is the MC's mother. But a non-sexual relationship gives both of them what they didn't have in life.

Josy and Maya are cute, actually still teenagers like the MC and on their way to becoming adults. The problem with Patrick, however, is pervasive. But all three have realized that they need help because they can't do it on their own. I think Sage is supposed to fill that role. There is also good karma and that is Sage for the three if the MC is just a good friend to Sage.

Quinn still has to prove herself. Yes, she has opened her heart to the MC, but I don't see any real cohesion between them yet.

The DIKs have really only benefited from the MC, and so far no real reciprocation has come from them. Yes, he has the best room in the mansion, but no DIK has helped the MC furnish that room. He furnished it himself, with the help of Josy, Maya or Isabella. Of the DIK's parents, only Neil helped with his friend Luis. I think this is pretty one-sided. True friends and family behave differently.

I think Zoey will play a big role in the future. She knows the MC best and has also led the MC out of the darkness and into the light. In the EP3 flashback, we learn that the MC was an outsider at his high school and was bullied by the other classmates. He fought back and was punished. Then he met Zoey and Zoey actually made the MC socially acceptable. She showed him what other kids do. Yes, let's see if Zoey falls in love with the MC or they rekindle their friendship but without + status.
A Dalli theory in which no one is related to each other? That’s impossible. :Kappa:

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Anyone who has experienced a difficult breakup (and we can count the situation with Maya and Josie in episode 4, if not a breakup, but a serious quarrel) knows that there is nothing useful in such a situation except for the right pussy. So Sage's pussy was just in time at that moment. Tremolo of course could get drunk to unconsciousness, but it was Sage's pussy that allowed Tremolo to go this way easily.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

crunchycake

Jun 3, 2020
I did a quick search for the board, and couldn't find any mention of the release date for the Interlude chapter in Steam. Did I miss something or just simply haven't been mentioned yet?

After trying to rush the story with the... well... generosity copy from this site for the season 2 and completed all 5 major branches of the story. THEN had to run 5 more times again in my steam version when it was released for the cloud saves and trophies. I refuse to do such thing again lol. Don't get me wrong, I love this game, but it eventually becomes a little bit tedious after my 8th run. So I think I'd better wait for the steam release and avoid this forum with all those potential spoiler for now... but the wait is a little itchy at this moment so to speak.

Slow and steady win the race.

Reactions: LizaS

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Because she was there for him when he needed it. The deal with Derek was one night, and yet she allowed him to stay as long as he needed.
Obviously she has problems and and is slow to trust others.
But someone you can call a friend is someone you love even being aware of his/her shortcomings and I don't think you can call anybody a friend before that.
So, Maya gave the MC something she doesn't even own and that's why he should carry her burden's for all of eternity? Nah, I don't buy it.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
But I will ask you a question that I've asked everyone on this forum and never received an adequate answer for. Why would the MC consider Maya as a friend?
Why not? I mean friendship can have many forms and many reasons. It usually just starts with being friendly to each other and overtime a simple acquaintance can grow to be more and people can become friends. It's life, friendship and love don't need reasons to work if both people involved decide to value that relation and treat each other right.
If such a basic thing can't be explained to you, i think there's more important questions for you to ask then BaDik relations.

Melimelo

Jun 7, 2017
I did a quick search for the board, and couldn't find any mention of the release date for the Interlude chapter in Steam. Did I miss something or just simply haven't been mentioned yet?

After trying to rush the story with the... well... generosity copy from this site for the season 2 and completed all 5 major branches of the story. THEN had to run 5 more times again in my steam version when it was released for the cloud saves and trophies. I refuse to do such thing again lol. Don't get me wrong, I love this game, but it eventually becomes a little bit tedious after my 8th run. So I think I'd better wait for the steam release and avoid this forum with all those potential spoiler for now... but the wait is a little itchy at this moment so to speak.

Slow and steady win the race.
You'll have to wait for some time then ... iirc Steam only release complete seasons, 4 episodes per season, at least 6 months per update, knowing the interlude isn't a real episode but an ... well, Interlude ...

Reactions: crunchycake

Garen

May 6, 2017
So? Because of Japanese atrocities in WW2, it's been forever co-opted into a symbol of genocide, slavery, and oppression.

And it should NEVER be used again, in any form.
>co-opted into
By a bunch of idiots who have a simple minded thought process. Like I said, it's no worse than the Union Jack.
You are aware that Japan never gave up on it? It was their military flag and it still is.
I'm hoping the guy is at least Korean if he's being this drastic about it.

Reactions: eM-Ka

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
I know you're a Sage fan, and that's a good thing. I personally like Sage very much.:D(y)

But I see Sage more as a good friend of the MC. Zoey is a good example of what happens when the boundaries of friendship and love overlap. :D

If friendship turns into love, that's great, but if love ends, you usually lose a friend too. Double loss, double grief. :rolleyes:

Zoey and the MC are given a chance because Zoey has been in San Diego for about a year, creating the necessary distance. Both continue to develop separately from each other and learn new things. So Zoey and the MC have a chance to get to know each other again. But are the MC and Zoey doing it right now? Either love or friendship, that is the question here.:unsure:

This is exactly where I see paralells of Sage and Zoey. Will the MC be Sage's fuckbuddy and make the same mistake he did with Zoey? I think if the MC (player) is seriously interested in Sage, the MC should not become the fuckbuddy, but wait for his chance in EP7.:unsure:

But that's just my view of things.:D

You’re equating love and sex to some degree here.

Sage made it clear she can (and does) separate the two. Yeah, that eventually changes after the MC pushes for it but until he throws his toys out the pram she only ever saw him as a friend she fucked.

I agree with your views on this as a general rule but in this specific situation Sage seems to be able to separate the two and even if you end things in Ep8 she at least appears to respect your decision and stays your friend.

This is assuming we take Sage at face value. I’ve always had an issue with her “fuckbuddies” thing because she’s waaaay more affectionate than just a friend. Her words and actions don’t always line up outside of the Ep8 ending.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
You’re equating love and sex to some degree here.

Sage made it clear she can (and does) separate the two. Yeah, that eventually changes after the MC pushes for it but until he throws his toys out the pram she only ever saw him as a friend she fucked.

I agree with your views on this as a general rule but in this specific situation Sage seems to be able to separate the two and even if you end things in Ep8 she at least appears to respect your decision and stays your friend.

This is assuming we take Sage at face value. I’ve always had an issue with her “fuckbuddies” thing because she’s waaaay more affectionate than just a friend. Her words and actions don’t always line up outside of the Ep8 ending.
For Sage MC is clearly more than a friend and perhaps she is already in love with him, but does not understand it. The relationship between MС and Zoey is really very similar to the relationship between MС and Sage, with the only difference that MС and Sage started dating.

You correctly said that Sage knows how to separate feelings and just sex, but gradually it gets more complicated, which you can see if you follow the path of Sage. Starting with the fact that it was MС she called after break up with Chad and that it was Tremolo who Sage allowed to take care of herself when she got sick.

At the end of Сrossroads, Sage is sincerely glad that the MC asked her to date. It feels like she was waiting for this, but was afraid to take the first step for fear of losing her friendship with MС. For her, such a relationship is new, which can be seen from her SMS messages. Well, the most obvious proof is that Sage agrees to wait for MС even if he is dating other girls.

I would like the DPC to pay more attention to Sage's transition from fack buddy to a full-fledged relationship or at least feelings, because even in the University of Problems it is shown better than in this game.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes