sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
There is a chance that they can become friends again.
Ofc there is... but friends again ??? When did they actually stop being friends ? :oops: :p They stopped seeing each other ( many ways :KEK: ) hence if we want to put it that way like " friends again " then it won't be THAT kind of friends anymore :p:geek:

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
When they had no more contact. They didn't even talk on the phone anymore. There will be no more friendship+, I think. Making the same mistake three times when I include Sage's fuckbuddy would be pretty stupid.:unsure:
Indeed it would ! :LOL: Which means it's an absolute certainty !!! :KEK: But when people ( friends ) don't have contact that doesn't mean they are not friends anymore... they just lost touch ! :geek:;)

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
But considering how they lost contact, I would guess their friendship more than suffered. The MC told Maya that it ended badly and friends talk on the phone, which Zoey and the MC didn't do until the end of Interlude.

Zoey actually makes the first move on the MC. I don't think the MC would have made the first move.
Yes that's what I insinuate with they won't be THAT kinda friends again... ( or maybe some shoehorned run would end up again with Zoey :p ) ;):whistle:

Reactions: dalli_x

Speedfeed

Dec 19, 2020
did the female protag tag get recently added? seeing that tag and the lesbian tag makes me think you can control a female character and have relations with other females.

Reactions: LizaS
Aug 26, 2019
Yes that's what I insinuate with they won't be THAT kinda friends again... ( or maybe some shoehorned run would end up again with Zoey :p ) ;):whistle:
The fact that mc just made an important relationship decision doesn't help with Zoey popularity.
Around 70 percent player like sage and Jill. 10 percent like bella and the remaining players either like other Li or play a dik path with no commitment.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
The fact that mc just made an important relationship decision doesn't help with Zoey popularity.
Around 70 percent player like sage and Jill. 10 percent like bella and the remaining players either like other Li or play a dik path with no commitment.
Not so sure this was a popularity rally... :unsure: :rolleyes: But am damn sure if DPC wants to stay true to himself and simply tell his story then these polls are absolutely waste of time activities by the fans since it can't have affect on the plot... only way that these can weight-in is for extra renders which is... good if there are but WTF do they have to do with the story ? :oops::rolleyes::unsure: Not much... just a little thank you for your support from development ! ;):LOL:

Secondary... I don't think that these percentages should be taken too seriously since they only can represent a hardcore fan... any decent being is trying to complete this product to the best of his/her abilities to make it a 100% which means that you can't divide it to LIs since you will do ALL routes there is... ;) It only serves one purpose and that is to pit against fans or simps against each other and let the war begin !!! Pretty childish and immature but.....
1570908_3x_1.gif :LOL::ROFLMAO::KEK:

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
For Sage MC is clearly more than a friend and perhaps she is already in love with him, but does not understand it. The relationship between MС and Zoey is really very similar to the relationship between MС and Sage, with the only difference that MС and Sage started dating.

You correctly said that Sage knows how to separate feelings and just sex, but gradually it gets more complicated, which you can see if you follow the path of Sage. Starting with the fact that it was MС she called after break up with Chad and that it was Tremolo who Sage allowed to take care of herself when she got sick.

At the end of Сrossroads, Sage is sincerely glad that the MC asked her to date. It feels like she was waiting for this, but was afraid to take the first step for fear of losing her friendship with MС. For her, such a relationship is new, which can be seen from her SMS messages. Well, the most obvious proof is that Sage agrees to wait for MС even if he is dating other girls.

I would like the DPC to pay more attention to Sage's transition from fack buddy to a full-fledged relationship or at least feelings, because even in the University of Problems it is shown better than in this game.

I’ve said it a few times but Sage would be by far and away my favourite character if she was consistently written.

She’s supposed to be DIK leaning and liking a “bad boy” but doesn’t give a flying fuck if you’re pure Chick. Her choices are largely Chick barring maybe some adventurous sex (stuff Maya and Josy manage to do too). She claims to have never seen the MC “that way” but holds hands under blankets, cries in his arms as he nurses her back to health.

Sage was a DIK character for maybe one episode and her characters been wearing that anchor ever since… along side the standard issue all characters have which is DPC stalling all the relationships so they don’t get serious before Ep8 making them inconsistent.

I don’t think there’s some grand character trait in Sage that caused any of this, no “confusion” about how she felt. I think DPC slightly shit the bed with her affinity and hamstrung the natural progression of the relationship to stall until episode 8. The exact words I’ve used before is Sage as a character is an awesome Lego Star Wars set someone turned into a medieval castle. It works… well at times with some odd choices here and there but ultimately you can tell those torches are actually lightsabers despite claims to the contrary.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I’ve said it a few times but Sage would be by far and away my favourite character if she was consistently written.

She’s supposed to be DIK leaning and liking a “bad boy” but doesn’t give a flying fuck if you’re pure Chick. Her choices are largely Chick barring maybe some adventurous sex (stuff Maya and Josy manage to do too). She claims to have never seen the MC “that way” but holds hands under blankets, cries in his arms as he nurses her back to health.

Sage was a DIK character for maybe one episode and her characters been wearing that anchor ever since… along side the standard issue all characters have which is DPC stalling all the relationships so they don’t get serious before Ep8 making them inconsistent.

I don’t think there’s some grand character trait in Sage that caused any of this, no “confusion” about how she felt. I think DPC slightly shit the bed with her affinity and hamstrung the natural progression of the relationship to stall until episode 8. The exact words I’ve used before is Sage as a character is an awesome Lego Star Wars set someone turned into a medieval castle. It works… well at times with some odd choices here and there but ultimately you can tell those torches are actually lightsabers despite claims to the contrary.
I'll have to disagree with you. Sage is really the only realistic and non-one-dimensional main LI and is the best written character in this game.

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017

Being a DIK - Season 3: Interlude
The Interlude is now available for the Mini DIK tier ($5). Get it .

It's a limited offer on Patreon to get the base Season 3 game that you can patch with new episodes in the future. After episode 9 is released, only patches will be available in the Mini DIK tier, and the Season 3 base game will be available from the DIK tier.

You can continue Season 3 using Steam, GOG, and Patreon saves from the end of Season 2.

Development news
This week I mostly spent on creating art and writing dialogue.

Based on last week's survey, it's clear that you want a poll in the lewd scene area first, so I've designed a poll that will be live tomorrow for the $10+ tiers.

Last week I talked about the episode 9 development, and today I wanted to say some words about development that reaches far beyond episode 9, which I need to start working on right now.

No story content will be spoiled in this post, but there will be minor spoilers for an upcoming mini-game, so you shouldn't read further if you want to avoid that. If you're ok with looking at previews for the upcoming episode, you should be ok with reading further.

When you create a game like Being a DIK, you need to have it planned. But some things you can't plan for, and sometimes plans change and get updated as the game develops. The creation process gives birth to new things you didn't plan for with time.

For me, mini-games grow organically as the game develops. As a perfect example, for Season 2, I knew what the storyline would be, but the actual mansion mini-game wasn't planned until before episode 5 development started.

To see if it would work and fit Season 2 gameplay, I created the entire mini-game ahead of time and simulated the rounds so it would make sense even when the rounds were spread out through episodes 6-8. I could spot potential issues by isolating the mini-game and playtesting it early. It also allowed me to balance the mini-game, ensuring that players could complete it during Season 2.

From a developer standpoint, this meant that the mini-game and the truckload of work that came with it were completed when episode 6 was released. Only small touches, bug fixes, and some synchronization with free-roams were needed after this during the development of episodes 7-8.

This entire concept of developing a feature ahead of time is something I will apply again but to something new and fresh. Meaning that the code I write during episode 9 development will have to work for future episodes and the planned duration.

This might sound like I will be spending a long time creating a new mini-game, but since I'm part human and part machine, I've already finished ~90% of it. And to me, it's the most fun, challenging, and intricate mini-game I'll probably create for this game... Probably... I fucking love creating these things.

I'm aiming to set up the framework for the mini-game so that development after episode 9 will be a breeze in this area. The mini-game will be about something the game has hinted at during episodes 7-8, namely party planning.

I'm still polishing and balancing the mini-game, but I'm confident that any player who likes thinking, planning, and strategy will enjoy it. The choices and how you play the mini-game will also shape your game in different and exciting ways.

For non-mini-game players, there will be choices instead of the mini-game, allowing for similar outcomes.

While I'd love to show you the main mini-game GUI, I don't feel comfortable doing that due to spoilers and design. I will, however, show you the perk screen, which in itself might not say much about the mini-game, but it can give insight into how versatile your strategies will be this time around.

The perks and the design are subject to change as this mini-game is still a work-in-progress.

Something I wish I did more of with the mansion mini-game was the perk system; it's something I enjoy a lot in RPGs and character building.

So, this time around, I spent time designing a perk system that offers versatility in how you approach the mini-game. I won't spoil more than this, but I hope you look forward to the future of the series in this regard because I sure do.

Thanks for reading! Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019

Indeed, in the first two or three episodes, she behaved like a DIk character. I think initially Sage was supposed to play the role of Quinn, to be an aggressive girl, but because of the popularity of Sage and Quinn, he decided to make Sage's path the easiest of all.

It seems to me that at the end of episode 8, Pink separated the two ways of Sage. Sage Dik and Sage Chick. Sage Dik participates in group sex with Quinn, communicates more aggressively and says she is ready to try anal, but later. Sage Chick is nervous and more focused on deep and sincere feelings. So I'm interested to take a look at Sage on Chick Affinity as far as it goes. Maybe Sage will become new Jill.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
I'm aiming to set up the framework for the mini-game so that development after episode 9 will be a breeze in this area. The mini-game will be about something the game has hinted at during episodes 7-8, namely party planning.
I'm confused. What is the point of this mini-game if, according to DPC, Halloween will be already in the next episode? Or will the whole season consist of Halloween, as we feared, and we will prepare for it for three chapters?
Oh shit...

P.S. Maybe I'm panicking too much and this mini-game will concern all future DIK parties, not just Halloween.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
I'm confused. What is the point of this mini-game if, according to DPC, Halloween will be already in the next episode? Or will the whole season consist of Halloween, as we feared, and we will prepare for it for three chapters?
Oh shit...
I’d guess we will get the intro and maybe one round in advance of Halloween and then there will be a party every weekend at the DIK mansion. Some of those parties could happen off camera to allow time jumps but you still have to prepare for them.

Alternatively might be we have to do some prep every in game ‘day’ for the next party. Something like that

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes