TuffyTenToes

Aug 11, 2019
Oh shit... The Madame will win again
View attachment 1710807
It definitely won't be the one with Heather, or Sally, or Elena, or Wendy, or Arieth, or KRJ, or Camila, or half the campus.

It seems like if the patreons don't vote for Jill, or Bella they explode in a Nacho cheese mass :Kappa:

I love both Jill and Bella as much as any of the other LI... but yeah, the side girls get almost no love around there.

Last edited:

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Are you ready to lick her cute asshole?:sick:
I have not seen any of her scenes because just her presence already displeases me :ROFLMAO:

It definitely won't be the one with Heather, or Sally, or Elena, or Wendy, or Arieth, or KRJ, or Camila, or half the campus.

It seems like if the patreons don't vote for Jill, or Bella they explode in a Nacho cheese mass :Kappa:

I love both Jill and Bella as much as any of the other LI... but yeah, the side girls get almost no love around there.
From the patreons don't expect anything interesting :cautious:

Melimelo

Jun 7, 2017
I like the mini games, but I would love if DPC change it a bit however. Namely, those who don't play it should not get any reward at all :p:devilish:. For example, those who not play the mansion mini game, should atomaticly lose it, and they would get the " bad ending " storyline, where Rusty sell his car, etc.
Of course people bitching about the mini games if they don't have to play at all, to get everything, while those who are investing in it, barely gain anything different. Kind of killing it the whole idea of DPC investing so much to these games :unsure:
Those who love minigames and play them get the pleasure to do so, why punish those who don't like them and don't want to play them ?
I usually play the minigames in my 1st playthrough but when you do it for the nth time it become very tedious.
I hope we could skip some freeroams too...

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I’ve said it a few times but Sage would be by far and away my favourite character if she was consistently written.

She’s supposed to be DIK leaning and liking a “bad boy” but doesn’t give a flying fuck if you’re pure Chick. Her choices are largely Chick barring maybe some adventurous sex (stuff Maya and Josy manage to do too). She claims to have never seen the MC “that way” but holds hands under blankets, cries in his arms as he nurses her back to health.

Sage was a DIK character for maybe one episode and her characters been wearing that anchor ever since… along side the standard issue all characters have which is DPC stalling all the relationships so they don’t get serious before Ep8 making them inconsistent.

I don’t think there’s some grand character trait in Sage that caused any of this, no “confusion” about how she felt. I think DPC slightly shit the bed with her affinity and hamstrung the natural progression of the relationship to stall until episode 8. The exact words I’ve used before is Sage as a character is an awesome Lego Star Wars set someone turned into a medieval castle. It works… well at times with some odd choices here and there but ultimately you can tell those torches are actually lightsabers despite claims to the contrary.
disagree

letting oneself be guided in the judgment by the criteria of affinity is a mistake, it works very badly on Mc let alone on other characters.

Sage's character is full of contradictions, and I'm not even sure if they are all intentional, but this makes her much more interesting than other stereotypical masks we find in the game.

without a shadow of a doubt, however, is Mc to worsen the path of her, with her he becomes really unmanageable, he says and contradicts in the space of a few lines of dialogue

Being a DIK - Season 3: Interlude
The Interlude is now available for the Mini DIK tier ($5). Get it .

It's a limited offer on Patreon to get the base Season 3 game that you can patch with new episodes in the future. After episode 9 is released, only patches will be available in the Mini DIK tier, and the Season 3 base game will be available from the DIK tier.

You can continue Season 3 using Steam, GOG, and Patreon saves from the end of Season 2.

Development news
This week I mostly spent on creating art and writing dialogue.

Based on last week's survey, it's clear that you want a poll in the lewd scene area first, so I've designed a poll that will be live tomorrow for the $10+ tiers.

Last week I talked about the episode 9 development, and today I wanted to say some words about development that reaches far beyond episode 9, which I need to start working on right now.

No story content will be spoiled in this post, but there will be minor spoilers for an upcoming mini-game, so you shouldn't read further if you want to avoid that. If you're ok with looking at previews for the upcoming episode, you should be ok with reading further.

When you create a game like Being a DIK, you need to have it planned. But some things you can't plan for, and sometimes plans change and get updated as the game develops. The creation process gives birth to new things you didn't plan for with time.

For me, mini-games grow organically as the game develops. As a perfect example, for Season 2, I knew what the storyline would be, but the actual mansion mini-game wasn't planned until before episode 5 development started.

To see if it would work and fit Season 2 gameplay, I created the entire mini-game ahead of time and simulated the rounds so it would make sense even when the rounds were spread out through episodes 6-8. I could spot potential issues by isolating the mini-game and playtesting it early. It also allowed me to balance the mini-game, ensuring that players could complete it during Season 2.

From a developer standpoint, this meant that the mini-game and the truckload of work that came with it were completed when episode 6 was released. Only small touches, bug fixes, and some synchronization with free-roams were needed after this during the development of episodes 7-8.

This entire concept of developing a feature ahead of time is something I will apply again but to something new and fresh. Meaning that the code I write during episode 9 development will have to work for future episodes and the planned duration.

This might sound like I will be spending a long time creating a new mini-game, but since I'm part human and part machine, I've already finished ~90% of it. And to me, it's the most fun, challenging, and intricate mini-game I'll probably create for this game... Probably... I fucking love creating these things.

I'm aiming to set up the framework for the mini-game so that development after episode 9 will be a breeze in this area. The mini-game will be about something the game has hinted at during episodes 7-8, namely party planning.

I'm still polishing and balancing the mini-game, but I'm confident that any player who likes thinking, planning, and strategy will enjoy it. The choices and how you play the mini-game will also shape your game in different and exciting ways.

For non-mini-game players, there will be choices instead of the mini-game, allowing for similar outcomes.

While I'd love to show you the main mini-game GUI, I don't feel comfortable doing that due to spoilers and design. I will, however, show you the perk screen, which in itself might not say much about the mini-game, but it can give insight into how versatile your strategies will be this time around.

The perks and the design are subject to change as this mini-game is still a work-in-progress.

Something I wish I did more of with the mansion mini-game was the perk system; it's something I enjoy a lot in RPGs and character building.

So, this time around, I spent time designing a perk system that offers versatility in how you approach the mini-game. I won't spoil more than this, but I hope you look forward to the future of the series in this regard because I sure do.

Thanks for reading! Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake
:cautious:how much he likes minigames.... i will have to do a reason for it:(

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Oh shit... The Madame will win again
View attachment 1710807
DPC better have a good reveal for her, I'm not even memeing anymore. The amount of screen time she has clogged better pay off. Last episode alone we got no alone Sage scenes and zero Riona and Camila for 3 pointless scenes with the joke.

I swear to god, if she is not the mother of at least 3 main characters and its just trolling I will personally fly to Sweden and become local news famous.

Last edited:

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Those who love minigames and play them get the pleasure to do so, why punish those who don't like them and don't want to play them ?
I usually play the minigames in my 1st playthrough but when you do it for the nth time it become very tedious.
I hope we could skip some freeroams too...
It's the same elitism from Dark Souls or Elden Ring players "My way of playing is the only rightfully one, other ways should punish players or not exist"

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
It's the same elitism from Dark Souls or Elden Ring players "My way of playing is the only rightfully one, other ways should punish players or not exist"
not exactly punish, more like "reward extra effort". if you can skip minigames and it doesn't do anything, there's no point in adding them. if you add minigames, there should be a reason for people to play them, otherwise everyone will just skip them because it's easier to play with one hand

Reactions: ChipLecsap

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
not exactly punish, more like "reward extra effort". if you can skip minigames and it doesn't do anything, there's no point in adding them. if you add minigames, there should be a reason for people to play them, otherwise everyone will just skip them because it's easier to play with one hand
Exactly. When you do extra bonus quest in a game, that is not mandatory to do so, you get rewarded for achieving something. And its feels good for the player. When you get a rare skin or mount or something, becasue you worked for it. This is soposed to be the point of these extra activities, those who like these thing gets reward for it.

And those who don't like it, they don't really lose anything, they just not get rewarded for doing nothing . That is the elitism , in my opinion , you demanding to get the same things even thoug you didnt invest anything. Its kills the fun for those who worked for it.

that is why 90% of the players probably play without minigames, because you get everything anyway. , And of course in this context, it does not make sense at all to do this mini games in the first place, I mean developing them, if people's just skiping them, because there is no point in it to do them

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: felicemastronzo

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Because it's involve rewards. Obviously, if you can get something without working for it, you chose that way. You just proving my point.
As MMORPG veteran i've seen this discussion more then enough, next thing is micro transactions and gasha's discussion and before you know it there's the cheatmods, auto-target mods and whatever else discussions.... (goldfarmers woohoo)
But seeing it here is a new one for me.... Guess at some point we might even see "Being A Dik Online"...

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
Always on the conspiracy theories... he's just surprised as this was unexpected for him to learn from her right at this moment when he's right in the middle of his own mess ( or just helps out friends ) Not saying that he's staggered but definitely not comfortable with this news :p
yup they should've make her come back much earlier, guess shit about to hit the fan soon

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
As MMORPG veteran i've seen this discussion more then enough, next thing is micro transactions and gasha's discussion and before you know it there's the cheatmods, auto-target mods and whatever else discussions.... (goldfarmers woohoo)
But seeing it here is a new one for me.... Guess at some point we might even see "Being A Dik Online"...
we already have cheatmods

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Don't blame the game blame the players. You used a great example, MMO, you collecting all the collectibles and you get a reward for it, but if others can get the same thing without working for it, then you dont feel it fair don't you ?!

And there are already Cheats in this game , because folks want everything, immediately, without any fucking effort. Pay to win games exist, because fucking people will rather pay for it than work for it.
And it's always the same excuse, that they don't have time and blah blah, fine, I get it. But this often shift to the point where those who pay, get advantage over those who invest their time and effort in it. And those players end up in the short end.

In short, you guys not gonna win this argument. Mini games, should reward those who chose to play it, and those who dont, they don't lose anything really. The game is still the same. But I rather have extra lewd scene based on this
"achievement" than you have to have this or that status, 4-5 episode later, or you only get 50% of a lewd scene for example. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Atleast we don't have the discussion about using it, well not like in those online games. ;)
You're a cheat guild! no your guild cheats! You hack! Well, you dupe! Okay, arena time!!! Aw bugger... killed by whales again...
Well, we have :ROFLMAO: . In every update we have, because usually peoples games crash when a new episode arrive, because they use cheat mods, and those need to be updated, and the first couple of page is always about, someone bitching that his game crash.:ROFLMAO:. And somehow they always forget that they using cheat mods and that is why. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Could be do quick about this... but the "party-prepare minigame" let me cringe.

First of all, the last thing was... we want to plan the upcoming big Halloween party. If this minigame will be part of that, we will not get the party in chaoter 9 i guess. Which will be a big bummer... hopefully iam wrong here.

But it was hinted that there will be many other partys after the halloween party because the DIKs are "back". So hopefully this means, the minigame is about planning those upcoming partys and the Halloween party will taking place in chapter 9.

Either way, iam not a really big fan of the minigames... i like them in the first and second playthrough most of the time... but than they get annoying very fast. I tried a playthrough with skipping minigames, but didnt liked it... felt kinda "unblanaced" especially for money issues. So i played every playthorugh with minigames enabled... will do this too in season 3. But overall, i think there are just a little too much minigames already. Would be a good thing to actually cut some of them out of the game.

Reactions: rocopc

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Could be do quick about this... but the "party-prepare minigame" let me cringe.

First of all, the last thing was... we want to plan the upcoming big Halloween party. If this minigame will be part of that, we will not get the party in chaoter 9 i guess. Which will be a big bummer... hopefully iam wrong here.
Yeah, it's not like DPC a week ago basically confirmed episode 9 as the Halloween episode, not at all :rolleyes::whistle:. "Contented men have short memories":ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Ostap Bender
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes