DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I compared the "style" of protagonist to the Witcher game, not the writing quality. The style of protagonist that is already a set, known quantity.

As for why he'd consider Maya a friend?

She did let him stay with her when he had nowhere else to go, and without both she and Derek, he'd have left the campus that night.

Something like that makes an impression.
Yes, and she also lied repeatedly to him for the first few weeks that he knew her. That leaves an impression too but I guess it can't compare to letting him stay in her room.

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
Yes, and she also lied repeatedly to him for the first few weeks that he knew her. That leaves an impression too but I guess it can't compare to letting him stay in her room.
There's something deeply unsettling about the tone of your messages, I just can't pinpoint what. Can't shake the impression that you're taking fictional characters way too seriously, mate.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
...But I will ask you a question that I've asked everyone on this forum and never received an adequate answer for. Why would the MC consider Maya as a friend? I won't go into an in depth analysis of their relationship or Maya's many faults, that's been discussed to death on this forum and I'm sure that everyone is familiar with all of the points. Just show me where the "artist" has portrayed anything that could remotely be interpreted as a friendship between these two? And don't give me that it's taken as a given BS, that's the epitome of poor writing and you are the one throwing around comparisons to work like the writing in the Witcher.
When I went to college (we call it university over here), I had a core group of friends that I hung out with during and between classes. We caught up occasionally outside of that context and drifted apart over the years. But I'd say they were my friends while I was studying.

I had other friends outside of uni that I had more to do with on a longer term basis. I still have those friends today, so they were obviously closer friends, but that doesn't make my college friends "not friends" at the time.

I call most people I work with colleagues, but some of us play basketball after work (pre-COVID, COVID has kinda killed that sort of shit), and will call each other on weekends and shit (normally about work related issues, but we have a close enough association that we trust each other a lot). I'd even go so far as calling some of the guys from work friends.

So when it comes to Maya, although she's a flawed human being (it's enjoyable that all the characters in the game are), I think she counts as a friend.

If you sum up their unavoidable interactions:
  • They met on orientation day and hit it off right away, with her showing him around campus. Depending on your mc's affinity, they could already be hugging to say goodbye.
  • They catch up in their first class together then go out to eat together to get to know each other a bit better.
  • While she reluctantly lets him stay with her (it's no simple ask for a girl to let a guy she's known for only a day to bunk with her), in no time she lets him stay longer and enjoys his company, and they exchange numbers.
  • They enjoy watching movies together, rather intimately.
  • She shares that she fakes having a boyfriend to stop guys being interested in her.
  • She fucks things up when she grinds him awake, but that doesn't mean she can never be his friend.
  • Once the mc wakes up, he starts getting into it and they both start getting off.
  • She feels bad for what she did, especially when she finds out she was the only one that ended up doing it, she apologises and she and the mc make out.
  • Depending on your choices, they can have another movie night where they end up partying together (her basically in her underwear), she shares a bit more about her past.
  • Even though she's a bit jealous when he goes on his date, Maya hugs him on his return, and even considers her dorm room his home.
  • She worries about him when he doesn't come back one night (after his "date" with Bella).
  • She chats and hangs out with the mc during class.
  • They share things like his guitar playing and things like what's going on with each other (Maya and her drama with the HOTs, mc and his drama with the Jocks)
  • Maya confides in the mc a lot, including that she thinks she's a lesbian (something only her brother, Josy and her dad know about).
  • They hang out together outside of classes, enjoy talking with each other and even make out.
  • When he comes home absolutely shitfaced, she helps him out.
  • She worries for him when he goes out drunk.
  • Depending on the mc's choices, they can get very close, but I won't focus on that path.
  • She obviously fucks up when it comes to not telling him about Josy (particularly if they have been getting very close), but once again, that doesn't immediately nullify their friendship (although the mc could have chosen to do that in real life).
  • Maya still values the mc's friendship and tries to patch things up after she screwed up.
  • They study in the library together.
  • They play DnG together.
  • They eat lunch at the cafeteria together.
  • and so on.
So yeah, that looks like the kind of shit friends do, although making out crosses the line beyond friendship, and some of her fuckups would strain the friendship.

Whether she's a good friend is more debatable; she can be a bit of a headache, but I'd still say she squarely classifies as a friend.

But friendship isn't a universal formula. It's whatever you make it.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
When I went to college (we call it university over here), I had a core group of friends that I hung out with during and between classes. We caught up occasionally outside of that context and drifted apart over the years. But I'd say they were my friends while I was studying.

I had other friends outside of uni that I had more to do with on a longer term basis. I still have those friends today, so they were obviously closer friends, but that doesn't make my college friends "not friends" at the time.

I call most people I work with colleagues, but some of us play basketball after work (pre-COVID, COVID has kinda killed that sort of shit), and will call each other on weekends and shit (normally about work related issues, but we have a close enough association that we trust each other a lot). I'd even go so far as calling some of the guys from work friends.

So when it comes to Maya, although she's a flawed human being (it's enjoyable that all the characters in the game are), I think she counts as a friend.

• They met on orientation day and hit it off right away, with her showing him around campus. Depending on your mc's affinity, they could already be hugging to say goodbye.
  • They catch up in their first class together then go out to eat together to get to know each other a bit better.
  • While she reluctantly lets him stay with her (it's no simple ask for a girl to let a guy she's known for only a day to bunk with her), in no time she lets him stay longer and enjoys his company, and they exchange numbers.
  • She shares that she fakes having a boyfriend to stop guys being interested in her.
  • She fucks things up when she grinds him awake, but that doesn't mean she can never be his friend.
  • Once the mc wakes up, he starts getting into it and they both start getting off.
  • She feels bad for what she did, especially when she finds out she was the only one that ended up doing it, she apologises and she and the mc make out.
  • Depending on your choices, they can have another movie night where they end up partying together (her basically in her underwear), she shares a bit more about her past.
  • Even though she's a bit jealous when he goes on his date, Maya hugs him on his return, and even considers her dorm room his home.
  • She worries about him when he doesn't come back one night (after his "date" with Bella).
  • They share things like his guitar playing and things like what's going on with each other (Maya and her drama with the HOTs, mc and his drama with the Jocks)
  • Maya confides in the mc a lot, including that she thinks she's a lesbian (something only her brother, Josy and her dad know about).
  • They hang out together outside of classes, enjoy talking with each other and even make out.
  • Depending on the mc's choices, they can get very close, but I won't focus on that path.
  • She obviously fucks up when it comes to not telling him about Josy (particularly if they have been getting very close), but once again, that doesn't immediately nullify their friendship (although the mc could have chosen to do that in real life).
  • Maya still values the mc's friendship and tries to patch things up after she screwed up.
  • and so on.
So yeah, that looks like the kind of shit friends do, although making out crosses the line beyond friendship, and some of her fuckups would strain the friendship.

Whether she's a good friend is more debatable; she can be a bit of a headache, but I'd still say she squarely classifies as a friend.

I think I would have to agree with nearly everything you said except the making out part. I make out with one of my friends of many years but it's not in an overly sexual way. It's just a way for us to unwind and have some fun, maybe even bond more. We have talked about it and neither of us wants it to be anything more but I guess it's different for everyone.

Reactions: shazba

RonWeasleyJr

Sep 23, 2018
Sage 8.jpg

Sage's skin looks pretty shiny here, and with her hair up in a bun, it makes me think that she and MC were in the pool.

This looks like a very emotional moment, making me think that MC is going to become Sage's emotional crutch as her world starts to fall apart.

It would be quite the turnaround for the fiercely independent Sage to become an emotional wreck who becomes clingy towards MC.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
There's something deeply unsettling about the tone of your messages, I just can't pinpoint what. Can't shake the impression that you're taking fictional characters way too seriously, mate.
If you are trying to persuade DavDR to change has mind about Maya, or even give her half a break, you're wasting your time.

But if you are just trying to counter his arguments to inform other people about the reality of the situation, I salute you.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
A DIK MC might take care of the drugs, but a CHICK MC wouldn't. Tommy would be pissed for sure.:rolleyes:
I don't think your affinity will be of relevance here... look at the pic posted from the mini-game status ( booze / weed / disposable party glasses / music accessories..... whatknots :KEK: ) which shows that different tasks ( possibly mini-games ) must be completed ( like in mansion game ) to achieve different perks ;) Sure Tommy will be pissed... it's one of his strong suits :rolleyes: but at the same time it's not like he has too much of a choice except to roll with your ideas... he's definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed sooo... :LOL::ROFLMAO::KEK:

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
You already lost this argument, it's DPCs way or the highway. Prizes for everyone, mini-games or not.
DPC is aiming to appeal to a range of playing styles, which is why there are many approaches to successfully playing the game.
No I don't. Just because you repeating the same shit, won't make you right. Mini games, one way or an another, but takes time, to develop them, Just because He likes them creating, does not change the fact, that most peoples dont care about them, becasue excatly the reason I said and you said , you dont need them you can get everything anyway. Making it essentially a useless feature. And this is the truth, the absolute truth , not an opinion, a Fact. Every Time, when he announce a new mini game, its the same reaction. " great another one, who gives a fuck, who need it, Why, etc etc ? " - And the reason for this, because He makes it a useless feature that's only good for him. This is the opposite of the "appeal to Variety of peoples". Mini games are bonus, but because it's not give you anything that you can't get anyway, it's lose its purpose. It's just there. And you don't even notice it, if is not there. He would not lose anything if he actually combine his effort, with usefulness. A Good example is that Triple color game. when you reach 100 turn, you get a bonus Trohpy on you desk, I liked it , you feel like you earned something by doing something you also like. It is good for those who enjoy these things and reward them, and those who dont care about it, dont lose anything. More of these, I would like. This is what, appeal to variety of peoples means:p
And everyone who so far up on their own ass to argue with me on this, just proving the point. But, I admit, part of it is my fault, Because I always underestimate, the absolute laziness, and how really Casual peoples truly are. For some, finding an arrow key to navigate, is way to hard. You right, I cant argue with a people like that. Like these modern "game journalist" who complaining about how hard a game is, a vocal minority. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

TrainHardnett

Jun 15, 2017
When they had no more contact. They didn't even talk on the phone anymore. There will be no more friendship+, I think. Making the same mistake three times when I include Sage's fuckbuddy would be pretty stupid.:unsure:
Is it really a mistake when MC knew what he was getting into with Sage but didn't with Zoey because they never talked about it. Zoey never viewed their relationship as more then friends with benefits while MC certainly did as he says so himself.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

• and so on.

In general, I consider the discriminating factor between friends and acquaintances to be the classic "friends are seen in times of need". If, when you are in trouble, it is natural for you to turn to someone, it means that you consider them to be your friend, and on the other hand, when someone asks you for help and you are basically happy that they did it, it means that they are your friend.

inthe story that is BADIk we have seen very often the LIs and some side girls ask MC for help, the opposite quite rarely (the real exception was chapter 4, where MC asks for shelter)

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Technically, the mansion mini-game already included unique content: the only way to see Jacob repairing his room (because he got sick of waiting for the MC to prioritize it) was to play the mini-game. Likewise if you want to keep the VIP pass and clean the Pink Rose without dooming Rusty's car. It's possible the new party game will feature similar 'otherwise impossible combination' unique content, too.
I don't think I would do anything extra to see Jacob repairing his room. :)

As for the Mansion Mini-Game, I've played it 4 different ways, including one where I kept the VIP pass and made a 'buy' mistake at the start. I was able to save Rusty's car in each of them.

Despite all the time that was needed to play that game, I enjoyed it immensely, and am looking forward to the Party Planning one.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
No I don't. Just because you repeating the same shit, won't make you right. Mini games, one way or an another, but takes time, to develop them, Just because He likes them creating, does not change the fact, that most peoples dont care about them, becasue excatly the reason I said and you said , you dont need them you can get everything anyway. Making it essentially a useless feature. And this is the truth, the absolute truth , not an opinion, a Fact. Every Time, when he announce a new mini game, its the same reaction. " great another one, who gives a fuck, who need it, Why, etc etc ? " - And the reason for this, because He makes it a useless feature that's only good for him. This is the opposite of the "appeal to Variety of peoples". Mini games are bonus, but because it's not give you anything that you can't get anyway, it's lose its purpose. It's just there. And you don't even notice it, if is not there. He would not lose anything if he actually combine his effort, with usefulness. A Good example is that Triple color game. when you reach 100 turn, you get a bonus Trohpy on you desk, I liked it , you feel like you earned something by doing something you also like. It is good for those who enjoy these things and reward them, and those who dont care about it, dont lose anything. More of these, I would like. This is what, appeal to variety of peoples means:p
And everyone who so far up on their own ass to argue with me on this, just proving the point. But, I admit, part of it is my fault, Because I always underestimate, the absolute laziness, and how really Casual peoples truly are. For some, finding an arrow key to navigate, is way to hard. You right, I cant argue with a people like that. Like the these modern game journalist who complaining about how hard a game is, a vocal minority. :ROFLMAO:
I really miss your point....

if you like minigames, isn't the reward the pleasure of playing them? do you really need BADIK to become a "competitive" game? i don't think that's even remotely its purpose....

or is the problem that others don't like what you like and therefore are not "worthy" of being BADIK players like you? the problem is the complaints?

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes