AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
Because it's involve rewards. Obviously, if you can get something without working for it, you chose that way. You just proving my point.
Exactly. When you do extra bonus quest in a game, that is not mandatory to do so, you get rewarded for achieving something. And its feels good for the player. When you get a rare skin or mount or something, becasue you worked for it. This is soposed to be the point of these extra activities, those who like these thing gets reward for it.

And those who don't like it, they don't really lose anything, they just not get rewarded for doing nothing . That is the elitism , in my opinion , you demanding to get the same things even thoug you didnt invest anything. Its kills the fun for those who worked for it.

that is why 90% of the players probably play without minigames, because you get everything anyway. , And of course in this context, it does not make sense at all to do this mini games in the first place, I mean developing them, if people's just skiping them, because there is no point in it to do them
we already have cheatmods

You know what this game needs?

Loot boxes!

Loot Boxes.png

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
you make it easy!!!

then how would DPC be super sure that no one will ever see them without paying?
do you want the earth to stop turning around the sun?!?!:eek::eek::eek:

Trust me. Making Riona squirt for your MC is far better than seeing someone else some other player make her squirt for their MC.

It's the difference between shooting a bullet and throwing it.

(Edited to calm felice's NTR sensibilities. And if you think watching Riona orgasm in someone else's gameplay is NTR, then I can't help you.)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: felicemastronzo

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
You know what this game needs?

Loot boxes!
Yeah, yeah, gasha's, lootboxes, possible great prices in them but you always end up broke and with tons of useless crap....

Doggy.jpg Like this 1/3 of a certain possible threesome only some people are interested in.. x150

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020

Being a DIK - Season 3: Interlude
The Interlude is now available for the Mini DIK tier ($5). Get it .

It's a limited offer on Patreon to get the base Season 3 game that you can patch with new episodes in the future. After episode 9 is released, only patches will be available in the Mini DIK tier, and the Season 3 base game will be available from the DIK tier.

You can continue Season 3 using Steam, GOG, and Patreon saves from the end of Season 2.

Development news
This week I mostly spent on creating art and writing dialogue.

Based on last week's survey, it's clear that you want a poll in the lewd scene area first, so I've designed a poll that will be live tomorrow for the $10+ tiers.

Last week I talked about the episode 9 development, and today I wanted to say some words about development that reaches far beyond episode 9, which I need to start working on right now.

No story content will be spoiled in this post, but there will be minor spoilers for an upcoming mini-game, so you shouldn't read further if you want to avoid that. If you're ok with looking at previews for the upcoming episode, you should be ok with reading further.

When you create a game like Being a DIK, you need to have it planned. But some things you can't plan for, and sometimes plans change and get updated as the game develops. The creation process gives birth to new things you didn't plan for with time.

For me, mini-games grow organically as the game develops. As a perfect example, for Season 2, I knew what the storyline would be, but the actual mansion mini-game wasn't planned until before episode 5 development started.

To see if it would work and fit Season 2 gameplay, I created the entire mini-game ahead of time and simulated the rounds so it would make sense even when the rounds were spread out through episodes 6-8. I could spot potential issues by isolating the mini-game and playtesting it early. It also allowed me to balance the mini-game, ensuring that players could complete it during Season 2.

From a developer standpoint, this meant that the mini-game and the truckload of work that came with it were completed when episode 6 was released. Only small touches, bug fixes, and some synchronization with free-roams were needed after this during the development of episodes 7-8.

This entire concept of developing a feature ahead of time is something I will apply again but to something new and fresh. Meaning that the code I write during episode 9 development will have to work for future episodes and the planned duration.

This might sound like I will be spending a long time creating a new mini-game, but since I'm part human and part machine, I've already finished ~90% of it. And to me, it's the most fun, challenging, and intricate mini-game I'll probably create for this game... Probably... I fucking love creating these things.

I'm aiming to set up the framework for the mini-game so that development after episode 9 will be a breeze in this area. The mini-game will be about something the game has hinted at during episodes 7-8, namely party planning.

I'm still polishing and balancing the mini-game, but I'm confident that any player who likes thinking, planning, and strategy will enjoy it. The choices and how you play the mini-game will also shape your game in different and exciting ways.

For non-mini-game players, there will be choices instead of the mini-game, allowing for similar outcomes.

While I'd love to show you the main mini-game GUI, I don't feel comfortable doing that due to spoilers and design. I will, however, show you the perk screen, which in itself might not say much about the mini-game, but it can give insight into how versatile your strategies will be this time around.

The perks and the design are subject to change as this mini-game is still a work-in-progress.

Something I wish I did more of with the mansion mini-game was the perk system; it's something I enjoy a lot in RPGs and character building.

So, this time around, I spent time designing a perk system that offers versatility in how you approach the mini-game. I won't spoil more than this, but I hope you look forward to the future of the series in this regard because I sure do.

Thanks for reading! Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake
What is with this guy and his obsession with making mini games no one is asking for :LUL:
hitmans-bodyguard-samuel-l-jackson.gif

JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
I don't know if I'm wrong, but that's an icon of a joint, the mc got into the drug thing. Getting closer and closer to that of turning being a dik into being a godfather.:devilish:
View attachment 1711088
Tremolo, after arranging the Halloween party:

5a513134ece96160cd2836ea.png
"Alright DIKs! This is it! Tonight we'll be wasted! We can do anything we want! Jocks will have nothing left! They'll learn to fear us! A toast to our new lives! As kings of the B&R!"

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

It's a limited offer on Patreon to get the base Season 3 game that you can patch with new episodes in the future. After episode 9 is released, only patches will be available in the Mini DIK tier, and the Season 3 base game will be available from the DIK tier.

You can continue Season 3 using Steam, GOG, and Patreon saves from the end of Season 2.

Development news

Based on last week's survey, it's clear that you want a poll in the lewd scene area first, so I've designed a poll that will be live tomorrow for the $10+ tiers.

Last week I talked about the episode 9 development, and today I wanted to say some words about development that reaches far beyond episode 9, which I need to start working on right now.

No story content will be spoiled in this post, but there will be minor spoilers for an upcoming mini-game, so you shouldn't read further if you want to avoid that. If you're ok with looking at previews for the upcoming episode, you should be ok with reading further.

When you create a game like Being a DIK, you need to have it planned. But some things you can't plan for, and sometimes plans change and get updated as the game develops. The creation process gives birth to new things you didn't plan for with time.

For me, mini-games grow organically as the game develops. As a perfect example, for Season 2, I knew what the storyline would be, but the actual mansion mini-game wasn't planned until before episode 5 development started.

To see if it would work and fit Season 2 gameplay, I created the entire mini-game ahead of time and simulated the rounds so it would make sense even when the rounds were spread out through episodes 6-8. I could spot potential issues by isolating the mini-game and playtesting it early. It also allowed me to balance the mini-game, ensuring that players could complete it during Season 2.

From a developer standpoint, this meant that the mini-game and the truckload of work that came with it were completed when episode 6 was released. Only small touches, bug fixes, and some synchronization with free-roams were needed after this during the development of episodes 7-8.

This entire concept of developing a feature ahead of time is something I will apply again but to something new and fresh. Meaning that the code I write during episode 9 development will have to work for future episodes and the planned duration.

This might sound like I will be spending a long time creating a new mini-game, but since I'm part human and part machine, I've already finished ~90% of it. And to me, it's the most fun, challenging, and intricate mini-game I'll probably create for this game... Probably... I fucking love creating these things.

I'm aiming to set up the framework for the mini-game so that development after episode 9 will be a breeze in this area. The mini-game will be about something the game has hinted at during episodes 7-8, namely party planning.

I'm still polishing and balancing the mini-game, but I'm confident that any player who likes thinking, planning, and strategy will enjoy it. The choices and how you play the mini-game will also shape your game in different and exciting ways.

For non-mini-game players, there will be choices instead of the mini-game, allowing for similar outcomes.

While I'd love to show you the main mini-game GUI, I don't feel comfortable doing that due to spoilers and design. I will, however, show you the perk screen, which in itself might not say much about the mini-game, but it can give insight into how versatile your strategies will be this time around.

The perks and the design are subject to change as this mini-game is still a work-in-progress.

Something I wish I did more of with the mansion mini-game was the perk system; it's something I enjoy a lot in RPGs and character building.

So, this time around, I spent time designing a perk system that offers versatility in how you approach the mini-game. I won't spoil more than this, but I hope you look forward to the future of the series in this regard because I sure do.

Dr PinkCake
If the party planning mini game is even half as good as the drawing mini games from the Interlude, be prepared to be blown away! :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: The Dick and OFT

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Development news

Dr PinkCake
I should have known better than to hope we might get numbers two weeks in a row. Oh well. :(

The new mini-game definitely sounds interesting. Personally, I've lost my taste for big parties so I'm not sure if this will be the hit the mansion repair game was. Still, if the results of the outcome affect the actual parties in some small but distinct way, that would be cool.

not exactly punish, more like "reward extra effort". if you can skip minigames and it doesn't do anything, there's no point in adding them. if you add minigames, there should be a reason for people to play them, otherwise everyone will just skip them because it's easier to play with one hand
Technically, the mansion mini-game already included unique content: the only way to see Jacob repairing his room (because he got sick of waiting for the MC to prioritize it) was to play the mini-game. Likewise if you want to keep the VIP pass and clean the Pink Rose without dooming Rusty's car. It's possible the new party game will feature similar 'otherwise impossible combination' unique content, too.

I think making the mini-games mandatory for 'good' story outcomes would defeat the purpose of making them optional. The mini-games are there to be enjoyed, not as a mark of skill. If you don't enjoy them then just turn them off. No need to encourage others to play them if they're not interested.

It would be nice if we could toggle the games on individually rather than all-or-nothing, though. If there was an easy way for DPC to add that capability I'd be all for it.

Andy Wand

Aug 4, 2021
Been playing games from this site for a while, but this is my first time posting, because this game absolutely deserves it. I played older versions of this a while ago, got to play the recent version and immediately was reminded of while i love this game so much. Starting out, i immediately got reminded of old American Pie movies i used to watch when i was younger. I would probably even play this game without any lewd scenes, because i just really like the general setting and characters, which i found myself to actually care about for a change (Sage is definitely best girl, though too bad Riona isn't one of the main girls).

Playing interlude and getting treated to those 3d animated scenes made me realize how far the game has come over the years and i'm looking forward to what's to come (though it would have been cool to play more as Zoey, but one can hope for a larger spin-off someday).

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
What is with this guy and his obsession with making mini games no one is asking for
I fucking love creating these things.
I like the mini games, but I would love if DPC change it a bit however. Namely, those who don't play it should not get any reward at all
not exactly punish, more like "reward extra effort". if you can skip minigames and it doesn't do anything, there's no point in adding them. if you add minigames, there should be a reason for people to play them, otherwise everyone will just skip them because it's easier to play with one hand
Nobody needs mini-games in BaDIK, they're there because DPC likes making them. Some players like mini-games, some don't. Some just struggle with particular mini-games.

I play mini-games on my first playthroughs until everything is unlocked, not because I particularly enjoy them, more because I want to see the full extent of the game. I find mini-games extremely tedious when doing umpteen playthroughs to setup separate paths, or speed running to check a scene. Being able to toggle all or some mini-games off mid-game is great to avoid this.

What I don't get is why some of you give a shit if other players obtain rewards easier? If you like hard-mode great, but why should those of us going that way get extra rewards because they want to play it that way? If the reward is good enough to make mini-games enticing, then it's obviously a punishment to prevent players who can't or won't play mini-games getting them. If you like mini-games, then the 'extra' reward is playing them, plus the satisfaction of doing it the hard way.
In short, you guys not gonna win this argument. Mini games, should reward those who chose to play it, and those who dont, they don't lose anything really. The game is still the same. But I rather have extra lewd scene based on this "achievement" than you have to have this or that status, 4-5 episode later, or you only get 50% of a lewd scene for example. :ROFLMAO:
You already lost this argument, it's DPCs way or the highway. Prizes for everyone, mini-games or not.

DPC is aiming to appeal to a range of playing styles, which is why there are many approaches to successfully playing the game.

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
Comparing this writing to the Witcher is more than a bit of a stretch.

But I will ask you a question that I've asked everyone on this forum and never received an adequate answer for. Why would the MC consider Maya as a friend? I won't go into an in depth analysis of their relationship or Maya's many faults, that's been discussed to death on this forum and I'm sure that everyone is familiar with all of the points. Just show me where the "artist" has portrayed anything that could remotely be interpreted as a friendship between these two? And don't give me that it's taken as a given BS, that's the epitome of poor writing and you are the one throwing around comparisons to work like the writing in the Witcher.
I compared the "style" of protagonist to the Witcher game, not the writing quality. The style of protagonist that is already a set, known quantity.

As for why he'd consider Maya a friend?

She did let him stay with her when he had nowhere else to go, and without both she and Derek, he'd have left the campus that night.

Something like that makes an impression.

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes