DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I just hope Zoey is not intended as the key to the entire story girl. Similar to how DPC has a waifu in AL (Meghan) whom he wants you forces you to care about as much as he does, I worry that Zoey will be the Meghan of BaDIK. If I can tell Zoey to jog on after a few obligatory scenes or at least friendzone her, then I will consider it a victory. If she becomes like a tag-along little sibling that you can never be rid of because parents (DPC) command it, then season 3 might be a real grind. Forced relationships (especially for the sake of drama) are the bane of choice-based AVNs.

With any luck, Neil and Zoey will find love together and everyone is happy. Neil finally gets laid after 20 years. Zoey finds resolution to her daddy issues, and MC is freeeee

:oops: Perhaps she will attend WVM instead of B&R. These duck lips will be in good company there. Buck-toothed and duck lips is an unsettling combo DPC.
But this is no match for my two favourite DUURRrrrrrrrrrr faces from Interlude. My fishface avatar gives this masterpiece two fins up!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Maybe DPC should have given Zoey a hook, like a coat rack, someplace where she could have left the MC until she needed him. Like hanging your coat up until summer's over and it's usefull to you again.

• Haha
Reactions: Cricco

indusguy79

Dec 23, 2021
Here is my unofficial android port of Being a DIK

Thank you for this port. I saved the files at the end of S2 ( special save files) but it doesn't show up in S3 gives me only steam and patreon/GOG options. What am I missing? Attaching screenshot of S2 end saves and S3 import. Please advice.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Hey, after i swapped your persistent file with mine, now everything is working.
Works like a charm innit ?! :LOL:
---
Vixen = a horny little bitch ( regarding the human race ) regardless of age... although as some of you already mentioned the more mature are often referred as cougar ! :p:KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: FlyinginTime

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
lmao but what do you mean by that like +DIK im dom -DIK im sub
There are some mild dom/sub elements in the game but your affinity doesn't effect them. The dik, chick is more of how you want to play the game. If you want lots of mindless sex with strippers and sorority girls go DIK if you want to go after the "nice" girls be nice yourself and go chick. You can't be with Josey & Maya unless you are neutral or a chick and haven't messed around with Jade and you can't be with Jill unless you are a chick. It also effects how crass you are during conversations and some of the choices you can make. Either way you will have to do both routes if you want to see everything. There is some wiggle room in-between but it's really one or the other.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
There are some mild dom/sub elements in the game but your affinity doesn't effect them. The dik, chick is more of how you want to play the game. If you want lots of mindless sex with strippers and sorority girls go DIK if you want to go after the "nice" girls be nice yourself and go chick. You can't be with Josey & Maya unless you are neutral or a chick and haven't messed around with Jade and you can't be with Jill unless you are a chick. It also effects how crass you are during conversations and some of the choices you can make. Either way you will have to do both routes if you want to see everything. There is some wiggle room in-between but it's really one or the other.
For Jill, neutral also works.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Oh, I wasn't aware of that. It looks like I have another save to set up.
One warning about neutral affinity and Josy/Maya or Jill: you cannot max out their affection points and sometime down the line that may come to be important. The same holds true for the other main love interests too.

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
Maybe DPC should have given Zoey a hook, like a coat rack, someplace where she could have left the MC until she needed him. Like hanging your coat up until summer's over and it's usefull to you again.
I know this behaviour seems odd and very selfish on Zoey's part... Because it is...

I'm just having trouble why are people finding it so hard to believe. Men or women, lots of people do these things to their friends, whether it be sexual, emotional or otherwise. This happens a lot in real life, so I find this scenario very believable and grounded storytelling.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
You talk about looking at the context of her actions but you basically ignored said context afterwards, yes, Zoey acted in a very egotistical way and neglected pretty much everyone who cared about her, but she had just lost one of, if not THE most important person in her life, her actions weren't entirely rational, and that's pretty much the lesson she learned in the Interlude, you only see the true worth of things when you don't have them anymore.

I neither love or hate Zoey, but saying the Interlude fails to convey how she feels towards both the MC and herself is something I don't agree at all.
I technically agree: the Interlude makes it clear she considered him a friend (with benefits). She thinks highly of him, but then again she doesn't really think about him all that often. She takes his support for granted and never goes to him for comfort or advice. When she thinks he might see her as more than a friend, she decides to limit communications with him to discourage that thought. Even after the crisis with Emma is resolved and she learns that might have been a mistake, she still does nothing to communicate with him until at most a couple weeks before she runs out of money and heads home. That certainly reads like a friend to me.

There is some reason to believe that may be changing in the final scenes, but it's extremely ambiguous. If I somehow hadn't played the rest of BaDIK, I'm not sure if I'd say she saw the MC in particular in a new light, or was just generally homesick. DPC could have made this much clearer if Zoey discussed the MC with her friends before she left, or even if we heard some of her conversation with Neil. As is, it's clear Zoey misses the MC but unclear if she misses him as a friend or as the one that got away.

We'll presumably learn the truth in Episode 9, but that just goes to show how unnecessary the Interlude was.

It's a :

View attachment 1708889

Read into it what you will.
Let's think.

Okay, my guess is there will be many hijinks at the Halloween Party caused by someone in a plague doctor costume and their identity will be a new mystery for the new season.

If Acting Lessons takes place in ~2019-2020, what year is Being a DIK? Given that MC and Liam were once in DIK and are somewhere mid-thirsty, and BaDIK MC joins frat 2-3 years from formation.
I suspect BaDIK takes place in 2017. Derek claimed Earl Grey graduated in '17 and he intended to pose as a recent alum. This would also fit some of the calendars seen in game, though I'm not sure we can trust that kind of evidence.
Maya_calendar.jpg
But as noted, there is no direct continuity between BaDIK and AL, so the exact year of one has no impact on the other.

anon2323j

Feb 8, 2022
I know this behavior seems odd and very selfish on Zoey's part... Because it is...

I'm just having trouble why are people finding it so hard to believe. Men or women, lots of people do these things to their friends, whether it be sexual, emotional or otherwise. This happens a lot in real life, so I find this scenario very believable and grounded storytelling.
Friends lose contact and get back in contact all the time.
(best/boy/girl)-friends are different. If you go longer than 1-2 weeks without talking to them you got a problem, unless they're deployed in the military I guess.

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
If you go longer than 1-2 weeks without talking to them you got a problem, unless they're deployed in the military I guess.
Lol no... I have friends who live hundreds of miles away sometimes don't message them for months but as soon as I meet up with them again it's like we pick up exactly where we left off. The only problem with this is they were banging and MC was interested in more but Zoey was not. So Zoey thinks she can just walk back in like nothing has changed when in reality it's going to be awkward. MC didn't seem interested/too happy about it in that interlude ending anyway

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I know this behaviour seems odd and very selfish on Zoey's part... Because it is...

My problem is the way the story is going. From the first DPC has made the MC something of a doormat. He totally Simps for Josey and Maya, even after they reject him. The last thing this story needed was another woman to use the MC as a doormat, and yet here comes Zoey.

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
My problem is the way the story is going. From the first DPC has made the MC something of a doormat. He totally Simps for Josey and Maya, even after they reject him. The last thing this story needed was another woman to use the MC as a doormat, and yet here comes Zoey.
I have a particular viewpoint on this, and the whole DIK/CHICK system in general.

What we have here is not KOTOR. We don't get a blank canvas MC.

BaDIK is the Witcher of adult games. Our protagonist comes with a set backstory, set of beliefs and core characteristics. Even in his DIKest, he is maintaining a modicum of respect to the women in his life for example, or even in his CHICKest, there's a violent streak in him.

Put simply, he is a sort of Geralt-like protagonist. We can determine his quirks via choices, but not his core beliefs.

This aspect, what you call him being a doormat, is a very clear outcome of being motherless + being an outcast + poor + only having a very dominant personality best friend / girlfriend for his formative years.

It is what makes him the MC of this story. Just like I can't really help anyone who doesn't like Geralt to like Witcher games, I can't really say anything to someone who dislikes MC that way. It is a part of the artist's vision and part of the story.

Now, there's a disagreement I will put forward. MC is not a doormat. In fact, when presented with the situation, he's the first one that says 'f this' and fucks off from Maya/Josy drama. Depending on route taken, he disentangles himself from that mess in most paths. But he doesn't stop being their friend.

That's not being a doormat. That's being a decent person. You also have to remember, this guy has a chivalrous streak he can't keep in check at all times. He sees these two girls he cared for in one way or another, and just can't let them suffer by themselves. This is not that much different to walking with Sage so she isn't alone when in emotional pain, or trying to stop an asshole that keeps calling Lily a whore.

It's the same principle for him. It is one of the most consistent thing that MC has, actually. And I quite like that consistency in storytelling and characterization.

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
I have a particular viewpoint on this, and the whole DIK/CHICK system in general.

BaDIK is the Witcher of adult games. Our protagonist comes with a set backstory, set of beliefs and core characteristics. Even in his DIKest, he is maintaining a modicum of respect to the women in his life for example, or even in his CHICKest, there's a violent streak in him.

Put simply, he is a sort of Geralt-like protagonist. We can determine his quirks via choices, but not his core beliefs.

This aspect, what you call him being a doormat, is a very clear outcome of being motherless + being an outcast + poor + only having a very dominant personality best friend / girlfriend for his formative years.

It is what makes him the MC of this story. Just like I can't really help anyone who doesn't like Geralt to like Witcher games, I can't really say anything to someone who dislikes MC that way. It is a part of the artist's vision and part of the story.

Now, there's a disagreement I will put forward. MC is not a doormat. In fact, when presented with the situation, he's the first one that says 'f this' and fucks off from Maya/Josy drama. Depending on route taken, he disentangles himself from that mess in most paths. But he doesn't stop being their friend.

That's not being a doormat. That's being a decent person. You also have to remember, this guy has a chivalrous streak he can't keep in check at all times. He sees these two girls he cared for in one way or another, and just can't let them suffer by themselves. This is not that much different to walking with Sage so she isn't alone when in emotional pain, or trying to stop an asshole that keeps calling Lily a whore.

It's the same principle for him. It is one of the most consistent thing that MC has, actually. And I quite like that consistency in storytelling and characterization.
at least in Witcher 3 when you pick girl the deal is done and the drama is over lol. and on top of that you even get trolled by the devs for trying for the harem ending :KEK:

i wish DPC actually did emulate the Witcher more haha

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
As long as I aprove you trying to explain the A, B, C, of relationship to that lunatic who is so self-absorbed by his own slavist fantasy that misstook decent behaviour with being a doormat...

I can't agree with this.
Maybe we had different life experiencebut where i live, when i was in high school Zoey behaviour is not selfish at all. It's natural.
High school relationship lasted 1 year at best, and people broke them just couse they wanted to fuck different people. Some people spent some time depressed after that but after a weak they were cool again, fucking around. More often than not a break up didn't even mean thoose people stop having sex or being friends. And life went on.

When relationships means so little... to break them for something more significant than life goals is not selfish at all.

Now you can claim that badik is closer to your life experience than mine... but that doesn't seem the case at all. MC didn't talk about her relationship as something significant. Zoey even less. We have seen a lot of break ups in Badik an noone took them in a bad way, the MC, the girls, etc...

The only one who have been really emotionally struck by a break up were Jade, Sage and DavDR.
Besides them everyone is cool about it.

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
As long as I aprove you trying to explain the A, B, C, of relationship to that lunatic who is so self-absorbed by his own slavist fantasy that misstook decent behaviour with being a doormat...

I can't agree with this.
Maybe we had different life experiencebut where i live, when i was in high school Zoey behaviour is not selfish at all. It's natural.
High school relationship lasted 1 year at best, and people broke them just couse they wanted to fuck different people. Some people spent some time depressed after that but after a weak they were cool again, fucking around. More often than not a break up didn't even mean thoose people stop having sex or being friends. And life went on.

When relationships means so little... to break them for something more significant than life goals is not selfish at all.

Now you can claim that badik is closer to your life experience than mine... but that doesn't seem the case at all. MC didn't talk about her relationship as something significant. Zoey even less. We have seen a lot of break ups in Badik an noone took them in a bad way, the MC, the girls, etc...

The only one who have been really emotionally struck by a break up were Jade, Sage and DavDR.
Besides them everyone is cool about it.
Mate, I in no way intimated it was unnatural behaviour.
It is natural. And it is also selfish.

And I dunno about y'all, but my experience both observing AND being a teenager / young adult in high school / uni taught me one thing about us all: We are all selfish dickheads, some of us especially so in those ages.

Doesn't mean most of us are bad people. We are just incomplete and still in growth stages of personality. Some people never get past that stage.

Zoey isn't a bad person in this story. She's just herself, someone who made a choice and now gets to live with consequences.

Ain't no hate here.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020

Comparing this writing to the Witcher is more than a bit of a stretch.

But I will ask you a question that I've asked everyone on this forum and never received an adequate answer for. Why would the MC consider Maya as a friend? I won't go into an in depth analysis of their relationship or Maya's many faults, that's been discussed to death on this forum and I'm sure that everyone is familiar with all of the points. Just show me where the "artist" has portrayed anything that could remotely be interpreted as a friendship between these two? And don't give me that it's taken as a given BS, that's the epitome of poor writing and you are the one throwing around comparisons to work like the writing in the Witcher.

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes