Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Lynette and Amelia, to the best of my knowledge, have never shared a scene together, nor shared conversation while one was offscreen.

Well, I guess it's time for fact checking:

here you are:

screenshot0005.png
screenshot0006.png

2. the mansion and the fields, too:

screenshot0004.png

Now, have a look here:

3. Mom's diary:

screenshot0007.png
screenshot0008.png

Do you see the mansion in the distance? do you identify it? even the trees are still there!

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Tbh, we had an Italian exchange student named "Felicia" when I was in university, so I assumed that Felice is also a female name.

Besides, I need you, bb. I need you so you can get Tara and I can have Jaye for myself. :ROFLMAO: :Kappa:
Felice is the male name (much more common than its female form). Felicia is very rare: its hypocoristic form, Licia, is far more common.

Reactions: SomboSteel

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019

here you are:

View attachment 1844452
View attachment 1844461

View attachment 1844456

Now, have a look here:

3. Mom's diary:

View attachment 1844464
View attachment 1844465

Do you see the mansion in the distance? do you identify it? even the trees are still there!
Which changes absolutely nothing about what I said. You have a background location, and zero confirmed Lynette/Amelia interaction. Unless Lynette starts talking about her friend Amy (known shorthand for Amelia) or you get a scene with them together there is zero evidence that they even knew each other, let alone were best friends.

There could be that connection, but it has no basis in fact at this time. The claim was presented as a fact. It is not.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017

here you are:

View attachment 1844452
View attachment 1844461

View attachment 1844456

Now, have a look here:

3. Mom's diary:

View attachment 1844464
View attachment 1844465

The house matches, none of the women do.

We know the names of all three of Lynette’s friends. None are called Amelia which we know is Jill’s mothers name.

Jill’s mother isn’t Lynette’s “best friend” as far as we know. Nothing has indicated they even know one another. There’s other explanations for the house.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
<snip>
There’s other explanations for the house.
Let's delve into dalli_x territory with this one. Why would the house be such a focal point, but only really be relevant on the Jill path? Because banging Jill will likely get MC access to the house. Why would that matter? Something he finds in the diary.

A clue to recovering, perhaps, something of significant value from the house, even if it's just a copy of his birth certificate (or hers) that gives him solid proof of who his family actually is? A buried safe that she knew the combination to, that was covered in renovations before the Royce family moved in? An actual fat stack of old cash in a nice bundle that's hidden behind the air duct in the basement on a supporting i-beam?

What could it be?!
(edit: While I am being sarcastic, this could be the key to MC's real wealth being revealed, so he absolutely gets to rub it into Tybalt's face. He's better looking, he's more well hung, he's legitimately nicer to Jill, and he's filthy fucking rich, something Tybalt only plays at being).

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Which changes absolutely nothing about what I said. You have a background location, and zero confirmed Lynette/Amelia interaction. Unless Lynette starts talking about her friend Amy (known shorthand for Amelia) or you get a scene with them together there is zero evidence that they even knew each other, let alone were best friends.

There could be that connection, but it has no basis in fact at this time. The claim was presented as a fact. It is not.

We know the names of all three of Lynette’s friends. None are called Amelia which we know is Jill’s mothers name.

Jill’s mother isn’t Lynette’s “best friend” as far as we know. Nothing has indicated they even know one another. There’s other explanations for the house.
So tell me: who took the picture?

her 2 friends came to see her, then they go to the cinema and meet MC's dad. Then we see Lynette ending the story with this picture in her hands (picture with her 2 friends).
Now, who took the picture? I guess it was taken by someone living in that mansion. Remember: as Jill says, EVERYTHING around that mansion is Royce's private property. They weren't allowed to be there unless they were invited.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
That girl's parents probably found her name in a rare names book, idk.
You never know. The male form generally made its way into the US as Felix, which is also a pretty uncommon name these days. I did go to school with an Estelle, though. We all felt bad for the girl who had an old woman's name when she was 16.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019

It's probably just wishful thinking, mate. At least he didn't bring in that destiny bullshit into it, as if MC and Jill are destined to be together.

Most likely option is that Lynette's dad owned the mansion, but ended up selling it to the Royces (as it's mentioned in the diary that her dad indeed sells their house).

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
Since I started playing BaDIK close to 3 years ago, I have replayed the game many times, mostly to have a CHICK, DIK, and neutral playthrough. But after THE CHOICE at the end of episode 8 made some of my previous playthroughs quite problematic, I am doing another series of playthroughs, with my focus now leading up to all of the big end-of-chapter-8 decision options.

Playing the game is always enjoyable, but I'd prefer not to have to spend days of my life setting up for episode 9. I know the story so well that I skip most dialogues and even lewd scenes, but the minigames, free roams, and phone games (to keep your cash flow going) are a bottleneck, as they require a fair amount of time and focus. What this game needs is a save creator or something, but I don't see one on the landing page, and there are so many choices that only a colossal save creator could capture everything. I see there is a "skip mod," which was last updated in April 2021, which would likely help at least somewhat, but I'm wondering if this mod will break my saves. If this mod, like other mods, breaks saves then using it would completely cancel out my whole reason for using it in the first place, and I would be forced to replay everything yet again.

Some other kind players out there have provided saves, and I tried those, but unfortunately they all contain at least a few (mostly minor) choices that I would prefer not to have in my playthroughs.

Has anyone else tried the skip mod? Did it break your saves? Any other suggestions for how to streamline this process?

Reactions: KaiserST

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
You never know. The male form generally made its way into the US as Felix, which is also a pretty uncommon name these days. I did go to school with an Estelle, though. We all felt bad for the girl who had an old woman's name when she was 16.
Can't be as bad as a kid that was in my class in elementary school that was named Stalin (this happens in the first years after the fall of USSR, so those kind of names weren't that uncommon then). We split up after elementary school and I have no idea what happened with him, but I'm assuming he changed his name at one point.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Has anyone else tried the skip mod? Did it break your saves? Any other suggestions for how to streamline this process?
It did work perfectly like 2-3 updates ago, but I haven't tried it since. I used it once during the first HOT mansion free roam because it annoyed the hell out of me and it was working fine and I never had any problems with it.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
So tell me: who took the picture?

her 2 friends came to see her, then they go to the cinema and meet MC's dad. Then we see Lynette ending the story with this picture in her hands (picture with her 2 friends).
Now, who took the picture? I guess it was taken by someone living in that mansion. Remember: as Jill says, EVERYTHING around that mansion is Royce's private property. They weren't allowed to be there unless they were invited.

You guess... you guess it was taken by someone that is living in the mansion? That isn't actually proof.

You're making a boatload of assumptions. Firstly, Who's to say it even is the Royce's home? Houses can be bought and sold. They change hands. The house is currently theirs but who's to say it was back then? Also, given (in your scenario) the 3 people in the photo don't live in the mansion who are we to assume the mythical fourth person does?

There's other explanations like I said. How about the house belonging to Miranda (the red head). That way the photo is of her and her friends on her property. The fact it changes hands to the Royces even makes some sense given Miranda is the spitting image of Bianca (Jill's childhood friend) and they share a necklace.

You have no proof of anything, you're guessing. Theories are nice, it's like 80% of what we do here but don't call them facts.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Let's delve into dalli_x territory with this one. Why would the house be such a focal point, but only really be relevant on the Jill path? Because banging Jill will likely get MC access to the house. Why would that matter? Something he finds in the diary.

A clue to recovering, perhaps, something of significant value from the house, even if it's just a copy of his birth certificate (or hers) that gives him solid proof of who his family actually is? A buried safe that she knew the combination to, that was covered in renovations before the Royce family moved in? An actual fat stack of old cash in a nice bundle that's hidden behind the air duct in the basement on a supporting i-beam?

What could it be?!
(edit: While I am being sarcastic, this could be the key to MC's real wealth being revealed, so he absolutely gets to rub it into Tybalt's face. He's better looking, he's more well hung, he's legitimately nicer to Jill, and he's filthy fucking rich, something Tybalt only plays at being).
it is interesting that an MC who has not courted Jill, at least until the picnic, cannot recognize the house in any way, but then again even if he has been there he still does not recognize it, at least the first time he sees the photo

this leads me to think that in the end it will still be Jill directly who will recognize the photo by somehow becoming aware of it, the road to discovering the "truth" about Lynette will still have to go through Jill, hopefully nothing too unnecessarily dramatic

the only thing we know about Lynette is that because of her father she has had to move house often, which leads me to two considerations:
  • the house in the picture could be Lynette's house at that time
  • how close could the friendship between Lynette and the other girls be if she was constantly moving?

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
You guess... you guess it was taken by someone that is living in the mansion? That isn't actually proof.

You're making a boatload of assumptions. Firstly, Who's to say it even is the Royce's home? Houses can be bought and sold. They change hands. The house is currently theirs but who's to say it was back then? Also, given (in your scenario) the 3 people in the photo don't live in the mansion who are we to assume the mythical fourth person does?

There's other explanations like I said. How about the house belonging to Miranda (the red head). That way the photo is of her and her friends on her property. The fact it changes hands to the Royces even makes some sense given Miranda is the spitting image of Bianca (Jill's childhood friend) and they share a necklace.

You have no proof of anything, you're guessing. Theories are nice, it's like 80% of what we do here but don't call them facts.
Jill said: "this is where I grew up". Lynette eloped with MC's dad soon after they met and she got pregnant.

Man, you've just written that you think that Bianca's mom was MC's mom best friend. So tell me: why do you think that Jill's mom wasn't Lynette's friend? (remember: Jill told MC that Bianca is her friend because their families are acquaintances).

In this damn game every damn Rich family is acquainted with every damn rich family. The Royces are acquainted with Lynette's family. I bet she knew the Burgmeisters too.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
How about the house belonging to Miranda (the red head). That way the photo is of her and her friends on her property. The fact it changes hands to the Royces even makes some sense given Miranda is the spitting image of Bianca (Jill's childhood friend) and they share a necklace.
I'll stick to the theory that Bianca will be the key for we and MC discover who was his mother. This is one of the main plots so it can't be tied just to Jill path. Probably Jill will introduce MC and Bianca in the non-Jill branches too.

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes