myukimo

Nov 18, 2021
Just one thing I've seen, was wondering why, on my current Neutral Chik (was about -5 when it happened) run, at the HOTs party, when I met Lily I didn't expect anything at all, like when I was a pure Chick, but she invites me to her room after I make the moron go away, really was expecting for her to ask me to pay, like when I was a pure DIK, but nope, she went with pretty much everything I wanted. Same thing with Camila when I brought her a drink, she said Quinn wouldn't like that but fuck it, she'll manage with, then the 3some with Riona she says that it's covered and Riona doesn't ask anything, while the situation didn't even present itself as a Chick, and I still had to pay when I was a DIK.

Seems a couple of HOTs prefers Neutral over DIK affinity, which is fitting in my opinion, you see that Riona is disillusioned with Quinn's antics, Camila can't get over Mona leaving and you can see she's uncomfortable anyway, even though she goes with it, and Lily is a tough one, her discussion in that scene about if the MC was an item, that she was interested, that a DIK and a HOT could have a lot of influence together... she's trouble !
You can also have sex with quinn without paying. Spoiler Season 3
Josy DIK
Maya chick
Sage Neutral
Jill Chick
Bella Neutral
Cathy&Jade Neutral
Riona Neutral Chick
Camila Neutral Chick
Quinn DIK or Neutral DIK
Heather CHICK (If you're a knight in silver armor, you don't need to tell Heather that Tommy cheats on her, Heather already likes you)
Sarah&Mel DIK
Elena&Arieth out of reach
Mona Neutral Chick
Nora Neutral Chick
Envy Neutral DIK
Lily Neutral Chick

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
3. If you helped Maya with the HOT list when comes to Her and Josy talking to Aerith. You see Aerith holding both Josy and Maya phones with Josy having a shocked look on her face. She didn't know her gf a lowkey freak. Some people on reddit did make a great point about how Maya is more DOM with the MC and Josy is very Submission to him. If you think about it's true in every solo scene with just her and MC Maya was always telling him what to do or taking control even ep.8 she was doming the shit outta him.
I don't think so, the difference is the "competence" of the two girls

Maya is like she is a child (who thinks that lube is necessary to have sex...) who might be scared of anything so it is normal for her to decide what she feels like or doesn't feel like doing. if MC didn't let her decide each of their first sexual intercourse would almost sound like violence

Josy, on the other hand, sexually does not set limits so MC is more free to try what she feels like

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
You can also have sex with quinn without paying. Spoiler Season 3
Josy DIK
Maya chick
Sage Neutral
Jill Chick
Bella Neutral
Cathy&Jade Neutral
Riona Neutral Chick
Camila Neutral Chick
Quinn DIK or Neutral DIK
Heather CHICK (If you're a knight in silver armor, you don't need to tell Heather that Tommy cheats on her, Heather already likes you)
Sarah&Mel DIK
Elena&Arieth out of reach
Mona Neutral Chick
Nora Neutral Chick
Envy Neutral DIK
Lily Neutral Chick
Yeah forgot about Quinn, on the DIKs mansion rooftop.

About the affinities, could see Josy like she is right now, more like Neutral DIK, unless DPC plans on her going wild with the HOTs, but yeah, could definitely see something like that being the final nail in the coffin with Maya (who won't stay long with the HOTs, Quinn will make sure of that, there's a reason she wanted that video)

Sage will always have a DIK side, though, even if she evolved in the end, but yeah perhaps like Josy, Neutral DIK, I think it's the reason she bonded so well with many HOTs, especially Sage.

Something is certain, some things are changing, I just love the fact DPC doesn't have the characters personalities set in stone, that he makes them change. Like I could also see Jill, if she decides to revolt like her sister, going down on the DIK path at some point, while for Quinn she could go on some redemption path, leaning more on Neutral.

Reactions: Alphaeboy

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I fkin love this Game but i will hate the Dev till worlds end for "removing" Cathy.

I miss her :(
since she appears in the final scenes of the last chapter I would say that it is very likely that he will return soon, perhaps as early as the next chapter.

of course it could be a very brief appearance

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
we must first figure out where she went to work... too early for a theory:D
Thats my point , Cathy's decision felt ultimate
For some reasons, I think the way we treated her after the incident, the way we talked to her before she left, and if we did anything with her (and blocking Bella's way at the same time), will definitely have repercussions in the future episodes, could really see her at some point coming out of the blue to save MC/Rusty/DIK asses in some capacity.

Reactions: Alphaeboy

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
For some reasons, I think the way we treated her after the incident, the way we talked to her before she left, and if we did anything with her (and blocking Bella's way at the same time), will definitely have repercussions in the future episodes, could really see her at some point coming out of the blue to save MC/Rusty/DIK asses in some capacity.
this story of consequences for me is quite a myth, there are actions that have consequences, but only some, not the most serious, not the most important.

then already now having pointed Cathy cost us Bella and indirectly Maya and Josy, do you still want more consequences? i would say that it was the most expensive blowjob in history, even more expensive than Madame's

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: zarachi

Hallowicked

Jun 21, 2022
And then i would like to do things with her ass

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
this story of consequences for me is quite a myth, there are actions that have consequences, but only some, not the most serious, not the most important.

then already now having pointed Cathy cost us Bella and indirectly Maya and Josy, do you still want more consequences? i dirie that it was the most expensive blowjob in history, even more expensive than Madame's
I don't think DPC would have shown her letter of resignation in Burkes office, Rusty crying in her arms, and her meeting the new employers for nothing, unless it was a seemingly weird one-time incident like with Steve where we can be a DIK or a Chick (and that guy still has his Bio for whatever reasons). And, well, there are consequences everywhere in that game already, minor or major ones, the Cathy/Bella one isn't a myth, for one. Or, to me, soon-to-be consequences, like for Mona, if she comes back (like implied by Sage/Quinn talking about a girl who was thinking about coming back at their Halloween planification thing, strong Mona implications there), could be the downfall of Quinns prostitution ring, hopefully of Stephen Burke and his whole legacy, will affect Jade, will affect Tybalt's future, and surely affect Sage role as HOTs president... I'm extrapolating, but something will happen around that fucked up family.

Just to end my thinking for Cathy, well, maybe it won't affect the MC directly, but I could see it affect Rusty and the DIKs for sure.

Or maybe not.

Just having fun speculating, honestly :)

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
I fkin love this Game but i will hate the Dev till worlds end for "removing" Cathy.

I miss her :(
Cathy is not gone she still keeps her code line in the game "CathyBranch" so she will return to season 3 and at least if she and the MC are going to have a relationship at least they no longer have anything to hide and wait that threesome between her and Jade

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I don't think DPC would have shown her letter of resignation in Burkes office, Rusty crying in her arms, and her meeting the new employers for nothing, unless it was a seemingly weird one-time incident like with Steve where we can be a DIK or a Chick (and that guy still has his Bio for whatever reasons). And, well, there are consequences everywhere in that game already, minor or major ones, the Cathy/Bella one isn't a myth, for one. Or, to me, soon-to-be consequences, like for Mona, if she comes back (like implied by Sage/Quinn talking about a girl who was thinking about coming back at their Halloween planification thing, strong Mona implications there), could be the downfall of Quinns prostitution ring, hopefully of Stephen Burke and his whole legacy, will affect Jade, will affect Tybalt's future, and surely affect Sage role as HOTs president... I'm extrapolating, but something will happen around that fucked up family.

Just to end my thinking for Cathy, well, maybe it won't affect the MC directly, but I could see it affect Rusty and the DIKs for sure.

Or maybe not.

DPC response from the Q&A Session - February 2021 fits perfectly with your post.

How do you balance developing and telling a cohesive storytelling structure with a narrative game's branching elements? Do you prioritize taking the plot and characters arc from A to B with somewhat limited branching, or you plan strongly defined diverging paths that can go from A to B, C, D, E...?

When you develop a game like Being a DIK and need many branches, the most important part is to have a backbone story. No matter what choices the player makes, which girl the player goes for, the main story is always there to carry the game forward. That way, branching becomes manageable, and you can plan whatever structure you want for the branches. It’s not necessarily just an arc going from A to B; you can have multiple outcomes for it, as long as you plan to take care of the outcomes when you’re done with the branch.

One good way to end branching is to store its outcome as a variable and use it later to affect the story. It’s an easy way to introduce a system where choice matters, and it allows you to kill branches without making the player feel they did something for nothing, as the choice is respected later on in the game.

The balance of it comes naturally to me; I try to include characters in the story, even if the player has no romantic interest in them.

DPC has already written about a timeline in the Q&A Session - February 2021, as I just read. This fits very well with the above topic because this timeline can be implemented with breaking and later re-inserting variables.

How do you go about the actual writing of your stories? How do you keep track of all the variables/routes?

I write and code the story all at once using Atom editor and Ren'Py. I make notes of ideas and details in a text file and use graphic software to
manage the story's timeline. I keep my variables neatly defined in header files that I constantly revisit during development.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

Or maybe not.

but I in fact did not say that there are never consequences but that the choices that generate them are very arbitrary

punching Tybalt in front of everyone has no major consequence, it's not even aggravating in blackmail, you lose two RP points which is the most useless stuff in the game

having sex with Sage in a house full of Hots (including Josy) and Jocks has what consequences?

occasionally there are pitfalls that can be triggered, but that's what they are, traps.

Reactions: dalli_x and Sasanid

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
but I in fact did not say that there are never consequences but that the choices that generate them are very arbitrary

punching Tybalt in front of everyone has no major consequence, it's not even aggravating in blackmail, you lose two RP points which is the most useless stuff in the game

having sex with Sage in a house full of Hots (including Josy) and Jocks has what consequences?

occasionally there are pitfalls that can be triggered, but that's what they are, traps.
I may have tried to read too much between the lines of what you initially said, and misunderstood your point, sorry about that.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes