schinoize

Jun 8, 2021
My main run is CHICK-ier than a coop, so obviously there's no Jade video to worry about. I do have a full-asshole DIK run that picked Others and shared Jade's video with the DIKs. Curious to see what happens there.
Funny, even on my idgaf-unlock scenes-DIK run I couldn't tell Derek. I know, it's a game, who cares, but nah couldn't do it haha.

AFAIK, Lily will only offer to bang the MC at the HOT party if he has Neutral or DIK Affinity (Affinity, not Status). CHICK MCs won't even be invited back to her room. But if Lily does invite the MC for a drink, there's no payment expected because she's interested in 'rolling' with the MC.
Iirc Lily is a bit "two-sided". As Neutral or CHICK, you can get her lewd scene at the prep party for free (while DIK has to pay). This should also make her invite you into her room at the HOT party (even as CHICK). Otoh, as DIK, you get invited regardless even if you didn't get her lewd scene at the preps. As a DIK, you can also help her with a scavenger hunt task.
Eventually, even as CHICK MC, you can get lewd scenes with Lily, Riona, Camila all without paying (well you have to donate to Riona at the preps, but that's not directly related to sex).

myukimo

Nov 18, 2021
My main run is CHICK-ier than a coop, so obviously there's no Jade video to worry about. I do have a full-asshole DIK run that picked Others and shared Jade's video with the DIKs. Curious to see what happens there.

I don't want to reignite old debate wars, but Tybalt's threat isn't entirely empty (though it would be a civil suit, not a criminal action). Given how overpriced everything in the mansion is, the sprinkler probably did tens of thousands of dollars of damage, and the MC snuck into the party then sprinted down the stairs with either Maya&Josy or Sage right before they turned on. I doubt that's enough for Tybalt to win the suit, but it's enough to drag the MC to court and run up bills he can't afford.

So I don't blame Jill for worrying about the MC. But I absolutely blame Jill for everything else. She didn't bother to investigate in the slightest, she didn't try to negotiate a better deal from Tybalt, and she didn't think to get the MC's take on it until he forces the issue (by trying to kiss her at the picnic or by talking to her in the hall). Hell, in Episode 7 she panics when she realizes Tybalt actually intends to collect on the dates she now owes him. WTF?!?

Frankly, the Tybalt blackmail subplot was a complete shitshow that made Jill look like a rank idiot. I sincerely hope it's dead and buried and we'll never need to think about it again.

I'm sorry, are we talking about the same MC? I mean you're not wrong, but we all know our boy is less inquisitive than a congressional sub-committee on corruption in congress. It wouldn't surprise me if he's stunned to learn prostitution is illegal when Quinn's restaurant is finally busted. :rolleyes:

Actually, Jill's magic polaroid will automatically ward off Nora as well as Nichole/Sandy in Episode 6, so the game is at least consistent in that regard. Banging Nichole in Episode 8 still has no explanation though. Maybe the MC figures strip clubs are a loophole?

AFAIK, Lily will only offer to bang the MC at the HOT party if he has Neutral or DIK Affinity (Affinity, not Status). CHICK MCs won't even be invited back to her room. But if Lily does invite the MC for a drink, there's no payment expected because she's interested in 'rolling' with the MC.

It's a little different with Camila and Riona, because they're part of Quinn's restaurant. If the MC joined back in Episode 1 (which isn't directly unrelated to the MC's current Affinity, but most DIKs will have joined) the girls need to charge him for the good time. There are various ways around this, but they all come up in dialog. If, on the other hand, the MC refused to join the restaurant, then the girls apparently feel it's fine to bang him just for fun so the topic of payment never comes up. So it's an indirect victory for the CHICK side. Take that, Quinn! :cool:
For that reason Riona says checkmate :cool:

Redd23

Mar 11, 2018
I don't know how I did it in my first game but I thought about Jade's decision for more than five minutes and in the end I rejected it... Thank goodness. Though ,I also haven't seen the DIK reward and seeing people talk about those scenes as if they were nightmares, I think it's better for others to have nightmares. :ROFLMAO: :devilish:
If by "DIK reward" you mean VIP pass that unlocks scenes with madame ( :sick: ) then yea, you're definitely not missing out, nightmares guaranteed...

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I'm sorry, are we talking about the same MC? I mean you're not wrong, but we all know our boy is less inquisitive than a congressional sub-committee on corruption in congress. It wouldn't surprise me if he's stunned to learn prostitution is illegal when Quinn's restaurant is finally busted. :rolleyes:
first of all, in this situation there is also Bella who has a moral duty to clear the air.

however no other "levity" of MC would be comparable to this one. if he is a customer at the restaurant it is in his interest not to raise too much attention, if he is not he can only have vague suspicions and his only interlocutor is Sage who continues to believe whatever Quinn tells her.:cautious:

here we are dealing with a problem that MC knows exists (he has made some mention of it in the past) and he is on very good terms with the person he has to ask that she has no reason to hide it from him now.

then for goodness sake we can also adjust and wait for the big reveal of Josy/Tommy's last name and then all together, "fuck fuck fuck" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
It seems to me that the popularity of this game is declining, nothing new. We stomp on the spot.
Meh, it'll probably pick back up again once the release comes out. It's just that it's been so long since an update (for the main story line) that it's fallen out of relevance for now. Just part of the natural ebbs and flows of things. Though if one update per year becomes a regular thing then I can see overall interest over time declining as more people just more or less forget about it each time.
However, I think this was just a one-time instance because of the Interlude and I'd say we won't really see whether that backfired until after we see the level of interest and Patreon subscribers a few months after the ep 9 release.
Plus it's still summer and people are probably actually out and about or on vacation or something. August is usually a dead-ass month for many things.

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Meh, it'll probably pick back up again once the release comes out. It's just that it's been so long since an update (for the main story line) that it's fallen out of relevance for now. Just part of the natural ebbs and flows of things. Though if one update per year becomes a regular thing then I can see overall interest over time declining as more people just more or less forget about it each time.
However, I think this was just a one-time instance because of the Interlude and I'd say we won't really see whether that backfired until after we see the level of interest and Patreon subscribers a few months after the ep 9 release.
Plus it's still summer and people are probably actually out and about or on vacation or something. August is usually a dead-ass month for many things.
I think you're right about summer, and I think the Interlude was meant for him to... I want to say 'reconsider', but not exactly that, perhaps painting the big picture, and take his time for the next season as a whole, he seems very structured, and that choice we made in Crossroads, while there's still 2 seasons left, there must be a lot, a lot of brainstorming to be done just for the potential mapping and pathing, people most of the time focus on the renders and animations, but at this point, the coherence of the story, the new elements he wants to add, new characters, and I suppose the characters he wants to 'erase'. Also, he had covid at the beginning of the year if I remember well, not everyone recovered from that easily.

Not trying to find excuses, but I have hope that he took the time to create his story for a while, trying to create and place renders and animations while trying to figure the story at the same time, nope.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Bullshit. We are now in a big window between releases, activity is lower of course. Although only this weekend in the thread was written posts on 15 pages.
The game is number one in likes and views and is in the top 3 in rating. Sure here things are on the slow side you could say but its the low point before EP9 where we know we are over haft way there but don't really know. IF the interlude( I think its was the interlude) broke the site like its Kim Kardashian ass (Zoey's is better) then I can only imagine what will happen when 9 comes out

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I think you're right about summer, and I think the Interlude was meant for him to... I want to say 'reconsider', but not exactly that, perhaps painting the big picture, and take his time for the next season as a whole, he seems very structured, and that choice we made in Crossroads, while there's still 2 seasons left, there must be a lot, a lot of brainstorming to be done just for the potential mapping and pathing, people most of the time focus on the renders and animations, but at this point, the coherence of the story, the new elements he wants to add, new characters, and I suppose the characters he wants to 'erase'. Also, he had covid at the beginning of the year if I remember well, not everyone recovered from that easily.

Not trying to find excuses, but I have hope that he took the time to create his story for a while, trying to create and place renders and animations while trying to figure the story at the same time, nope.
Nah, everything you makes sense. Plus the covid thing. He's a real trooper for bouncing back so quickly from it. I agree that the Interlude probably was something to help reorganize things and give a potential out. It's just at the end of the day, looking at the cold, hard facts it'll probably be over a year or close to one since ep 8 and most people don't care enough to keep these things in their minds. I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if overall popularity took a hit. I'm not saying it's definitely going to happen or even if it does happen that it will be a huge hit. Probably, just that it wouldn't be good long-term if it did end up as 1 update per year.
Still, I'm definitely going to try sticking around until the end. It's the attention to detail he puts in each update (for example: In one free roam, if you call Derek while in his room with him he says "Dude, why are you calling me? I'm right here." which I thought was funny and also amazing how he put that much effort into the little things) AND his devotion to make this game compelling while still keeping the story coherent that keeps me coming back.
I mean seriously, have you seen how other games just deteriorate over time and just end up making no sense? This guy feels like an actual profressional (which he technically is since he does this for a living) which is also why I just straight-up "buy" the game every time instead of downloading it from here. Can't justify monthly donations but I think a sort of transaction is fair enough.
But I digress, once things start to getting this complicated in terms of branching paths and story most devs just crumble and ghost everyone while still collecting that sweet Patreon dough. Not only does he give weekly updates, he is still going strong (my opinion).
Not trying to kiss ass but you have to admit, this game is rare in a lot of aspects: a lot of content already, weekly communication, consistent (albeit long development time) game updates that aren't just 10 minutes of random crap, story still makes sense and garners interest, ACTUAL PROOFREADING (I'm so damn pedantic about grammar and spelling), dialogue that seems realistic and not something some 18-year old would think up, renders and characters that get people invested, etc. Usually other good ones have some of those aspects but end up just crapping out in the long-term. This will most likely end up being the only game that will deliver on this level unless he continues after this ends. I mean just looking at his old game, Acting Lessons (which is comparable to other good games) can tell you how night and day BADIK is from everything else and how much he's advanced as a creator.
Didn't mean to spaz out and write an essay but I just thought it was crazy that someone is actually managing all of this compared to most of the crap I've seen.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
is this anything like karlsson gambit if not why is there so many reviews
Didn't play this game yet. The many reviews is because the game is huge, with a lot of content and really popular. A lot of people play and a lot of people review it.

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
Is Jill really going to be a problem on the Bella path though? :unsure:

Especially if you didn't pursue her, sure her catching her best friend riding her crush is shitty, but on the non-romance path I thought MC made it very clear that he wasn't interested in Jill. I really hope DPC doesn't force it just for the sake of the drama. But also judging by the Bella preview and she's smiling, the Jill talk probably doesn't end up in disaster.
It won't end up in disaster because it would just crash and burn their friendship, but I don't think it'll be a walk in the park either.

Bella still encouraged Jill to date MC and then also started messing around with him while knowing Jill was interested. That's not something friends should do to each other and I think Bella and MC will (understandably) need to do some work to repair and regain Jill's trust.

And I bet this will be EP9's focus for Bella's path, MC will be so busy with the Halloween party and Zoey's return that James won't probably be a topic until at least EP10, other than perhaps some vague mentioning of him by Jill when she and Bella talk.

I hope I'm wrong though, I really want to learn about Bella's past.

Mar 28, 2022
there is alot of femdom in karlsson gambit your sister plays a higher power in the dominant society and you the mc play the slave but can change the path going on its like a mistress slave story you can even make your sister have so much power that you can have your brother have chastity cage i dont know how beingadik works but i doubt it goes that far

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Nah, everything you makes sense. Plus the covid thing. He's a real trooper for bouncing back so quickly from it. I agree that the Interlude probably was something to help reorganize things and give a potential out. It's just at the end of the day, looking at the cold, hard facts it'll probably be over a year or close to one since ep 8 and most people don't care enough to keep these things in their minds. I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if overall popularity took a hit. I'm not saying it's definitely going to happen or even if it does happen that it will be a huge hit. Probably, just that it wouldn't be good long-term if it did end up as 1 update per year.
Still, I'm definitely going to try sticking around until the end. It's the attention to detail he puts in each update (for example: In one free roam, if you call Derek while in his room with him he says "Dude, why are you calling me? I'm right here." which I thought was funny and also amazing how he put that much effort into the little things) AND his devotion to make this game compelling while still keeping the story coherent that keeps me coming back.
I mean seriously, have you seen how other games just deteriorate over time and just end up making no sense? This guy feels like an actual profressional (which he technically is since he does this for a living) which is also why I just straight-up "buy" the game every time instead of downloading it from here. Can't justify monthly donations but I think a sort of transaction is fair enough.
But I digress, once things start to getting this complicated in terms of branching paths and story most devs just crumble and ghost everyone while still collecting that sweet Patreon dough. Not only does he give weekly updates, he is still going strong (my opinion).
Not trying to kiss ass but you have to admit, this game is rare in a lot of aspects: a lot of content already, weekly communication, consistent (albeit long development time) game updates that aren't just 10 minutes of random crap, story still makes sense and garners interest, ACTUAL PROOFREADING (I'm so damn pedantic about grammar and spelling), dialogue that seems realistic and not something some 18-year old would think up, renders and characters that get people invested, etc. Usually other good ones have some of those aspects but end up just crapping out in the long-term. This will most likely end up being the only game that will deliver on this level unless he continues after this ends. I mean just looking at his old game, Acting Lessons (which is comparable to other good games) can tell you how night and day BADIK is from everything else and how much he's advanced as a creator.
Didn't mean to spaz out and write an essay but I just thought it was crazy that someone is actually managing all of this compared to most of the crap I've seen.
Can't find anything I disagree with what you said.

My humble opinion, big changes are to come in the way MG/SG are treated, they won't disappear, I mean that lineup
status_update.jpg
won't disappear all of a sudden (and Quinn, who's been there for a while, never got a real MG status, but has a MG arc...), but if he goes through with the Crossroads 'final decision' (which would be illogical in my opinion, there's 2 seasons left...), 4 to 5 of these girls becomes a bit meaningless aside from main story purposes. And add Zoey, the MC of Interlude, to the mix...

That's why I prudently said 'reconsider'.

I may be totally off, but I think big changes are ahead.

(just to be sure, he may or may not have said the MG lineup won't change, but he can say whatever he wants, it's his game, and only fools don't change ideas, they simply change the structure)

Last edited:

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
Another thing, I can see in the future is that Lily will clearly want MC to herself it has been hinted at a lot in season 2. I wonder if would she reject him if he's already on Quinn's path. It seems now that Sarah, Heather, and Sage can tell Quinn into MC

Shit, tell that to the Being a Dik Reddit fandom it's active every day.
IMO, there's not much point to blocking routes on the 'Others' path. It's the catch all for players that can't keep it in their pants enough to commit to a LI. If dev wants to continue to add conflicting variables, he might as well have made more LI routes.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes