ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Unfortunately for developers, any protection against hacking/illegal distribution can be broken. The only really strong protection system is the Denuvo Anti-Tamper, which has been broken in some games for years. But the license is so expensive that only AAA studios can afford it.
I'm aware. But AAA studios can go and fuck themself :LOL: Don't get me wrong, I don't care that their game is pirated, and up here in the very first day., like in the Eternum , with all the fake white knight behaviour:LOL:
I'm certainly not like : " Oh poor Developer, he Starving " . But in the same time I'm not obsessed about how much money they make. Even Though that in my country fee, DPC is a millionaire.

but it's seem among here, it's really popular conversation topic of how much he make and whether he deserve it or not.:LOL:

I think that's, what is the word for it ? :unsure: oh, right, unhealthy, and some people need help:p:ROFLMAO:

Jul 22, 2022
I despise scams like this, but I can't help but notice DPC's overreaction to the point of getting insomnia. What's wrong with this guy ? Is he so obsessed with money that even something nonsensical like this fucks him up that bad. Nobody supporting him on Patreon is going to switch to some shady account, but he acts as if his house was broken into.
At this point I feel like he needs therapy. He's making upwards of $10k a month from Patreon only and god knows how much from other platforms, but still he loves playing the victim. How much cash does a guy need to lead a comfortable life. He hit it big with one game and now he wants to be the next Jeff Bezos, sheesh.
Do you remember that terrible feeling of looming doom concerning an important assignment, which you’ve postponed to the last possible moment? Do remember that feeling of embarrassment when someone discovers a flaw in your work?

Now imagine those feelings combined with DPCs reality: it’s all published, and out there while you have hundreds of clients who have different expectations, constantly trying to communicate with you. You get a high from reading a mega fan's lovely words about AL and BaDIK, but is replaced by bitterness when you read twice as many “are we there yet” / “fuck you, you greedy over sensitive cunt!” Comments.

When you put that kind of strain on one guy who’s probably always a little weird in the best of ways, that can lead to erratic behavior. You have to be somewhat of an emotional lad to write these kinds of characters anyways.

This is one man who’s reputation, income, ego, and future professional aspirations are tied to the success of this game. I don’t think he’s obsessed with money, but you can’t really blame him for being obsessed about this work. Add to all of this that he’s a pioneer of sorts in a fledgling business. Adult games are still not commonly accepted or valued, hence he works anonymously and on his own.

I think that a DPC as a public figure, you know a director at an office with a full studio behind him would be in a radically different state of mind. I think the nature of this development breeds the ideal conditions for a bad work-life balance.

In short I think we need to cut him some slack, and if you feel like you’re spending too much on his patreon, just reduce it or stop. You can always throw some money at him after his update is out instead.

TLDR: Cut him some slack, he’s not in a very healthy work environment.

Last edited:

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
:rolleyes:
When I see comments like this, a low-key hope that DPC somehow will develop a system, that the game require a one time only, use password, essentially making it useless to upload and share the game because you need a personal code , which is only working for you, so none will share it. Losing the game, will feel bad , but the meltdown what would follow, :LOL: might actually worth it to lose for it.:ROFLMAO:

Then all of you can spend the rest of your life cursing the man even more. :LOL: :LOL:
I'd gladly give my pal my buddy Lostandsimped my game, account and password!

... as soon as he'd admit a certain chick is better than a certain chick :cool:

"Quinn redemption arc confirmed to cure cancer."
quinn's redemption arc is to turn herself in :Kappa:

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Do you think he's obsessed with chasing people who are leaking his renders, or do you think he's obsessed with making this game?

To me it's obvious the obsession is this game. You don't churn out a game like this, in the timeframe he's done it (regardless of tosspots always crying that it's taking too long), without an extremely unhealthy amount of obsession.

The time he spends chasing the leaks is nothing compared to the hours spent since 2019 making this game.

The dude's a maniac, he's not normal, and I don't think his focus on this game is healthy, but he seems to love it, so good luck to him and good luck to all of us as we get to enjoy this game.

But if something adverse (big or small) happens to him or his game, expect him to react in a way an obsessed maniac would react. Otherwise don't expect him to create this game the way an obsessed maniac would do it.
This is a really good explanation. I was a patron for a time, but his approach just really rubbed me the wrong way- including how he handled leaks of preview images. But your explanation is dead on, the guy is obsessed to an unhealthy level and that colors all of his decisions. Only someone who is out of their mind would pursue leaks of preview images with the obsession that he does.

Reactions: ename144

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I'm aware. But AAA studios can go and fuck themself :LOL: Don't get me wrong, I don't care that their game is pirated, and up here in the very first day., like in the Eternum , with all the fake white knight behaviour:LOL:
I'm certainly not like : " Oh poor Developer, he Starving " . But in the same time I'm not obsessed about how much money they make. Even Though that in my country fee, DPC is a millionaire.

but it's seem among here, it's really popular conversation topic of how much he make and whether he deserve it or not.:LOL:

I think that's, what is the word for it ? :unsure: oh, right, unhealthy, and some people need help:p:ROFLMAO:
Yes. Some people like to count other people's money. They don't seem to have any life at all.

• Haha
Reactions: sava75 and shazba

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
This is a really good explanation. I was a patron for a time, but his approach just really rubbed me the wrong way- including how he handled leaks of preview images. But your explanation is dead on, the guy is obsessed to an unhealthy level and that colors all of his decisions. Only someone who is out of their mind would pursue leaks of preview images with the obsession that he does.
But what is the problem with renders disclosed everywhere without permission?

Not the greenhouse effect, not the increase of triglycerides in the blood, but the fact that high-level patreons might question their contribution, since their privilege does not prove so exclusive.

We always talk about fucking money

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
But what is the problem with renders disclosed everywhere without permission?

Not the greenhouse effect, not the increase of triglycerides in the blood, but the fact that high-level patreons might question their contribution, since their privilege does not prove so exclusive.

We always talk about fucking money
Its like you saying a Company should not protect the Interest of their high shareholders.
:unsure::ROFLMAO:
But, yeah, we can simplify into the very bottom level, if its really makes you feel better. In the End of the Day, Everything in the World is about Money .
Welcome to the Real World.:LOL:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Its like you saying a Company should not protect the Interest of their high shareholders.
:unsure::ROFLMAO:
But, yeah, we can simplify into the very bottom level, if its really makes you feel better. In the End of the Day, Everything in the World is about Money .
Welcome to the Real World.:LOL:
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Find me one time when I said that DPC is doing wrong to defend its interests....
I have also always said that for this very reason he does very well not to hire anyone.

I live in the real world, in fact I don't understand why you doen't talk about it with the poets talking about the art, with the terrible obsession he has with the game, and not how he simply, like anyone, defends his economic interests.

digi-byte-digi-byte-meme.gif

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Find me one time when I said that DPC is doing wrong to defend its interests....
I have also always said that for this very reason he does very well not to hire anyone.

I live in the real world, in fact I don't understand why you doen't talk about it with the poets talking about the art, with the terrible obsession he has with the game, and not how he simply, like anyone, defends his economic interests.

View attachment 2022754
NphU.gif

scarp1

Aug 22, 2020
Has there been no status update? too many pages to go through to find things. From reading a few posts on here seems it can't be posted anymore? or is that wrong

Edit, forget that, was looking at the wrong thing:LOL:

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
Anyone who has played this on JoiPlay, have you encountered a hard crash after the episode seven summary that comes before the "Previosly On" recap?

I've redownloaded the compressed version and applied the 0.8.3 patch. It is really frustrating to get 85% through Seasons 1 and 2, especially when Season 3 will be a separate download which means it's unlikely for there to be updates to the 1 and 2 download.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Anyone who has played this on JoiPlay, have you encountered a hard crash after the episode seven summary that comes before the "Previosly On" recap?

I've redownloaded the compressed version and applied the 0.8.3 patch. It is really frustrating to get 85% through Seasons 1 and 2, especially when Season 3 will be a separate download which means it's unlikely for there to be updates to the 1 and 2 download.
Did you play with a mod? If so it's possible that choices you made conflict with each other. For example you could be on throuple or Jill path while having DIK affinity, or the code may read you as helping Sage and going on picnic with Jill, only one of those options should be set to true.

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
Did you play with a mod? If so it's possible that choices you made conflict with each other. For example you could be on throuple or Jill path while having DIK affinity, or the code may read you as helping Sage and going on picnic with Jill, only one of those options should be set to true.
No mods. Completely vanilla.

The first time, it was on a Jill route a few days ago. Redownloaded the compressed version and did a Bella route. Both were Major Chick playthroughs. Crashes when clicking done on that screen. I really don't wanna download the apk version if I can help it.

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
Unfortunately for developers, any protection against hacking/illegal distribution can be broken. The only really strong protection system is the Denuvo Anti-Tamper, which has been broken in some games for years. But the license is so expensive that only AAA studios can afford it.
Protection is that old as computers are, on the C64 there were (likely) uncopyable sheets, books or disks with symbols or texts which were asked through the game. They all vanished (and the C64 with them :cry:), on the PCs there were other coming with the CD/DVD. Millions of bucks were invested to create a protection, sometimes they harm the users computer.

Most companies don't recognize there is a (more or less) simple way to protect: Make good games, sell them at a fair price without making money with InGame-Shit, if there are AddOns, also sell them at a fair price. So most of the users will enjoy the game and buy others from the company, the money saved by not using a protection is earned money (this quote sounds familiar to me, i don't know where i've read it :sneaky:). Good example is No Mans Sky, they had a rough start but since them they went through the roof with their bearing not only to fix the errors but also giving tons of content for free for the owners of the game. Never regret buying the game, did so with plenty of others (but downloaded them first to see if i like them or sometimes if they run on my computer).

DPC makes good money with his games, i don't begrudge him any cent of the money. I hope he keeps developing this game and if finished maybe making another one, no matter how much money he will make with it.

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
Can anyone help me get out of the 19th free roam event. I cannot get to the bookshelf that's referred to in the walkthrough?
In the room you will sleep there is a book shelf in the back and staircase on the right, this is the way up to the upper section.

Reactions: sava75
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes