shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Well that's one way to weed out the DPC / Riona connoisseurs I guess, when they can't immediately see that's not a DPC Riona render...

Apart from it not being a great rendition, who'd believe DPC would let hair clipping like that slide in a preview or special render?

Plus Riona wouldn't be seen dead without her makeup & piercings!
I might be inclined to believe that if DPC hadn't smashed out this jagged turd for 4th of July:

https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-interlude-season-3-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-8472330

But after that random bit of anal leakage, I'm not so sure anymore... :p

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I still see a lot of drama in the comments about yesterday. Many are angry and frustrated at DrPinkCake "how dare he stop development".
Okay, I'm turning on Elena mode and try to be the voice of logic and mind. Of course, reason number one:
Imagine that someone steals all your labor, passes it off as their own, and sells it. Shasba already speaks about this. But that's not all. The scammer can do anything with the game code! Install any malware. For example Adware for the browser, which is difficult to remove (I myself struggled with this rubbish). Or even worse, malware that steals your passwords and... bank card details. And some unknowing gamer, having bought the game from that site, then writes that DrPinkCake hacks bank accounts. Imagine the reputation loss for him, it is understandable why he was in such a nervous broke and couldn't work. What happened is a criminal case. He has every right to apply to the police and the court to bring the scammer to justice. So here he has to make a choice - to pursue the criminal or focus on developing the game. I think he will choose the second, the fans gave him a good boost yesterday with their support.
As I understand it, he wants to get a response from itch.io in order to move on (hello Sage). This should not interfere with the further development of the game.
In general, I am amazed at the mess of itch.io - how can you allow a pirated product to be sold on your platform? These guys don't care about reputation or legal ramifications?
I have an assumption that this became known a few days ago. DPC didn't want to make the case public, tried to contact itch.io alone, but it did not help and knocked him out of his peace of mind. Although, if he told the fans right away, then in half an hour the problem would have been solved, like yesterday. He has a whole army. As I understand it, itch.io realized that it smelled of burning, understood how they crap and quickly reacted.
I think it would be wise for DPC to hire a lawyer for such cases - he has become very popular and there is no guarantee that this will not happen again. It is impossible to carry absolutely everything on your shoulders.
And as a result, the disaster was completely avoided. The scammer page is completely destroyed at the moment and the request gives a 404 error.
View attachment 2022469
I hope that the DPC mental state has improved, but we will know for sure next week. According to new posts on patreon and a report next Friday. We will wait.
Have a nice weekend everyone and good news next week.:)
nothing exceptional happened. it had happened before and it will happen again, but we are talking about a very marginal phenomenon... much more marginal than what we do here every day for example...

they are small scams that cyclically repeat and still cyclically resolve without judges or lawyers, no platform wants trouble, no scammer wants to defend his right to scam

then of course the moral damage of DPC's awareness that some of its potential customers gave money to the wrong person that is a serious issue, hopefully it can overcome it in time

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017

There's no status update this week because I'm dealing with a case of identity theft, which is halting development.
A user on is impersonating me and selling my games illegally under the name "drpinkcakegame".
If you bought the game on , you might have downloaded malware. Those versions aren't mine. I'd recommend you delete what you bought, demand a refund, and report the game to staff on .
I'm trying to reach about this, but they are acting very slow, and the whole situation has given me insomnia and is making me feel deflated and disgusted to the point that I'm not fit to work.
You can help me by reporting drpinkcakegame on for copyright infringement, theft, and fraud.
My apologies to anyone who bought the game from thinking it was the real deal. What saddens me the most is how this scammer is fooling honest customers/players/fans with a cracked product and fake communication pretending to be me.
My games are only allowed for resale on Patreon, Steam, and with the handle "DrPinkCake".
My only social media outlet is
My only discord server is
Anything else that uses my name or product names is fake, not endorsed, and/or doesn't come from me.
Thanks for your support and understanding. I'll bring you development news again when this matter has been sorted. Hopefully, sooner than later.
Dr PinkCake
I despise scams like this, but I can't help but notice DPC's overreaction to the point of getting insomnia. What's wrong with this guy ? Is he so obsessed with money that even something nonsensical like this fucks him up that bad. Nobody supporting him on Patreon is going to switch to some shady account, but he acts as if his house was broken into.
At this point I feel like he needs therapy. He's making upwards of $10k a month from Patreon only and god knows how much from other platforms, but still he loves playing the victim. How much cash does a guy need to lead a comfortable life. He hit it big with one game and now he wants to be the next Jeff Bezos, sheesh.

Last edited:

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
It's worth noting that the large animations that are taking a lot of the computing power DPC has were scheduled to finish this coming week not next week, so as they were already in progress the issue hasn't affected them. It's likely the work DPC didn't have the motivation for in those few days was coding and maybe posing a few renders potentially and potentially setting up previews, I don't think the release will be delayed much at all.

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Since DPC yesterday's update came back, I just have to say that, fortunately, the situation resolved itself pretty quickly, with the help of people following him, and he thanked all of us the way an artist knows how.

Best morale boost he could have.

Of course he feels pressure, BaDIK is THE reference, AVN wise, of course he needs to deliver, he knows that. He's an artist, he doesn't react the same way as regular joes, my sister is an artist and sometimes I wonder if she isn't more alien than human.

But what happened yesterday, the way people rallied and helped him, the short time it took for the situation to resolve itself, and the way he reacted.

You can bet everything's fine now.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I despise scams like this, but I can't help but notice DPC's overreaction to the point of getting insomnia. What's wrong with this guy ? Is he so obsessed with money that even something nonsensical like this fucks him up that bad. Nobody supporting him on Patreon is going to switch to some shady account, but he acts as if his house was broken into.
At this point I feel like he needs therapy. He's making upwards of $10k a month from Patreon only and god knows how much from other platforms, but still he loves playing the victim. How much cash does a guy need to lead a comfortable life. He hit it big with one game and now he wants to be the next Jeff Bezos, sheesh.
DPC lives and breathes this game. It's his life. It's absolutely not healthy. So when something negative happens to it, he takes it hard.

He's sinking ridiculous hours into developing this game, and the game is great fun for sure, but if anyone deserves to have some sort of breakdown it'd be him.

I'll be amazed if he doesn't have a brain aneurism before he even completed BaDIK.

But I don't think it's all about money. He could seriously scale back on the episode lengths and still maintain most of his patrons. This is about being a workaholic nutbag. You don't get to be at the top of your game and be a normal person at the same time. Most people at the top are fucking weirdos. They definitely don't think the same as us normal plebs.

So if you want a great game, you've got to expect some kind of weird cunt behind it all.

Just saying.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
DPC lives and breathes this game. It's his life. It's absolutely not healthy. So when something negative happens to it, he takes it hard.

He's sinking ridiculous hours into developing this game, and the game is great fun for sure, but if anyone deserves to have some sort of breakdown it'd be him.

I'll be amazed if he doesn't have a brain aneurism before he even completed BaDIK.

But I don't think it's all about money. He could seriously scale back on the episode lengths and still maintain most of his patrons. This is about being a workaholic nutbag. You don't get to be at the top of your game and be a normal person at the same time. Most people at the top are fucking weirdos. They definitely don't think the same as us normal plebs.

So if you want a great game, you've got to expect some kind of weird cunt behind it all.

Just saying.
Positive crazyo_O(y)

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

Just saying.
It amazes me how some people are obsessed with the idea that he is rich and loves money. They bring this topic up all the time. I don’t know, this is some kind of hatred for successful people who know how to earn money or something else ... They scream "MONEY MONEY MONEY" all the fucking time.
Probably I am with these people on different sides of the political spectrum.:unsure:

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
You're really off about how much he makes. DPC easily makes 100-150k a month, even after taxes he'd still be in the 80-100k range. The appetite comes with eating, at this point he's so obsessed with making money that he goes on witch hunts about who leaked his previews/renders.

At this point, it's an unhealthy obsession and this guy needs help.

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020

Don't worry. He will have to do some drastic paring back on all the branching soon just to retain his sanity. The game shall end at Ep10. I will be handing the tissues out when the end credits happen in episode 10. I will save some for you.

arigonchad.png

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
You're really off about how much he makes. DPC easily makes 100-150k a month, even after taxes he'd still be in the 80-100k range. The appetite comes with eating, at this point he's so obsessed with making money that he goes on witch hunts about who leaked his previews/renders.

Do you think he's obsessed with chasing people who are leaking his renders, or do you think he's obsessed with making this game?

To me it's obvious the obsession is this game. You don't churn out a game like this, in the timeframe he's done it (regardless of tosspots always crying that it's taking too long), without an extremely unhealthy amount of obsession.

The time he spends chasing the leaks is nothing compared to the hours spent since 2019 making this game.

The dude's a maniac, he's not normal, and I don't think his focus on this game is healthy, but he seems to love it, so good luck to him and good luck to all of us as we get to enjoy this game.

But if something adverse (big or small) happens to him or his game, expect him to react in a way an obsessed maniac would react. Otherwise don't expect him to create this game the way an obsessed maniac would do it.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
It amazes me how some people are obsessed with the idea that he is rich and loves money. They bring this topic up all the time. I don’t know, this is some kind of hatred for successful people who know how to earn money or something else ... They scream "MONEY MONEY MONEY" all the fucking time.
As with most complaints, it's usually projection. People attribute their preferences and ways of thinking to others, because empathy is hard.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019

:rolleyes:
When I see comments like this, a low-key hope that DPC somehow will develop a system, that the game require a one time only, use password, essentially making it useless to upload and share the game because you need a personal code , which is only working for you, so none will share it. Losing the game, will feel bad , but the meltdown what would follow, :LOL: might actually worth it to lose for it.:ROFLMAO:

Then all of you can spend the rest of your life cursing the man even more. :LOL: :LOL:

• Wow
Reactions: shazba

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
When I see comments like this, a low-key hope that DPC somehow will develop a system, that the game require a one time only, use password, essentially making it useless to upload and share the game because you need a personal code , which is only working for you, so none will share it. Losing the game, will feel bad , but the meltdown what would follow, :LOL: might actually worth it to lose for it.:ROFLMAO:

Then all of you can spend the rest of your life cursing the man even more. :LOL: :LOL:
Unfortunately for developers, any protection against hacking/illegal distribution can be broken. The only really strong protection system is the Denuvo Anti-Tamper, which has been broken in some games for years. But the license is so expensive that only AAA studios can afford it.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020

Impossible is Renpy is a free engine

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020

Are you out of your fucking mind don't give him any ideas, these other girls are really messing with you big time:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: ChipLecsap

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

:unsure: :unsure:

Then let him also find the cure for cancer, which seems to me a more credible goal anyway

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes