DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
Not sure how:

"This game is not all about fun and happy times"​

can be interpreted as:

"He comes right out and says (through Jill) not to expect a happy ending."​

"Not all all about fun and happy times." simply means there will be fun and happy times, but there will be time that are not. Like the break up scenes, with the mc crying and shit. A lot of people felt those.

And yeah, the intro hasn't changed, it's said the same thing since episode 1:

His Patreon page sums it up:

"This game is for adults who value storytelling, branching choices, comedy, and drama. There will be a good amount of sexual content in the game, but it's not the main focus. Depending on your life experiences, I would like to warn you that the story might hit close to home, at times. The general tone will be happy, but if you're in a dark period of your life, I'd advise you to not play the game. "

It basically sounds like exactly what's being delivered. A goofy college tale with good times and heartache, of which there's already been some of each. There's no reason to think that everything is going to go to hell eventually. There could be some bad endings depending on choices, but there's certainly going to be good endings (even DPC's first game had "good endings").

I just hope Riona makes it. :cry:
You can still download v0.1 if you search for it in this very thread, it would take all but 5 or 10 minutes to compare it and confirm that the Jill intro is still exactly the same... but instead of seeing it for himself, he still decided to double down :KEK:

Reactions: shazba jnr

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
i see, yes it will be more and more renders. i am just hoping he can faster rendering or something. i dont know, stronger pc, more free time

The Render count for still renders doesnt mean anything.

5800 renders? IF he wants to, he could do them in 3 months. In fact... he is doing so. Its all the other things that takes the time. He makes still renders in between after he has done some writing, coding and added fuel to the animation queue.

He already showed DEV reports where he did 400+ renders in a week cause he was focussing on them for that week. (which is the reason why i find other DEVs so... lame, if they do an update half a year with not even 900 renders and no animations at all and everyone is clapping)

The last episodes the sole "time keeper" were the animations. And it looks like its the case for this DEV cycle again, everything is build around the animation queue. As long the queue is full, he does other shit... if it runs out he is refilling it. Last time he mentioned somethin about 50 animations in the queue and that the queue might last 6-8 weeks or something like that... so... basically, he is able to render 1,5 animations per day (which is just a guess at this point cause we dont have real numbers this time). Which is slightly faster than the episodes before. Last Epsiode dev cycle is was a little more than 1 animation per day... he did 335 animations in total for episode 10... do the math.

DPC is aiming again for roughly 300 animations. And thats the timeframe you got for the whole DEV cycle on this episode. If he can render the animations faster, he might get the episode out faster in general. But it very well could be that he just adds even more animations.

And the thing about animations is this... posing them isnt that time consuming (but annoying), the rendering is...

hermit_tr

Jan 20, 2022
He already showed DEV reports where he did 400+ renders in a week cause he was focussing on them for that week. (which is the reason why i find other DEVs so... lame, if they do an update half a year with not even 900 renders and no animations at all and everyone is clapping)
Hmm, not all Devs have some 4090 or even 6000ADA, There are still many who only have 3070 or 2060 maybe even lower ones.

Reactions: Vill3m and Bro9988

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Dude, give the normal devs some slack. DPC is working full time on this shit and is running 8 to 10 machines with high end cards. The mass of the devs (99.5%) has a normal life with work and just one PC to work on. It's rare if you find one who has two PC's, one for work on the game and another just to render. You can count the devs who can work full time on their project and living from it on two hands.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
DPC is aiming again for roughly 300 animations. And thats the timeframe you got for the whole DEV cycle on this episode. If he can render the animations faster, he might get the episode out faster in general. But it very well could be that he just adds even more animations.
He already declared the lewd scene numbers left to do. If I remember right, the scenes left was 5. Based on average scenes number per episodes in past it means that he done around or even more than 66% of lewd scenes already. And fully rendered animations should be above 200+ at this moment. And I doubt that he will "fill" his rigs with something ridiculous like 2-3min aminations just for the sake of keeping them busy. At least during this very dev cycle.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Hmm, not all Devs have some 4090 or even 6000ADA, There are still many who only have 3070 or 2060 maybe even lower ones.
Come on, get real... of course i mentioned that regardng DEVs who make a lot of money out of their games... an amount of money where they could buy every month one of those.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
He already declared the lewd scene numbers left to do. If I remember right, the scenes left was 5. Based on average scenes number per episodes in past it means that he done around or even more than 66% of lewd scenes already. And fully rendered animations should be above 200+ at this moment. And I doubt that he will "fill" his rigs with something ridiculous like 2-3min aminations just for the sake of keeping them busy. At least during this very dev cycle.
Thats what i hope too...

I was trying to monitoring how many animations he might has done so far. But its really hard without getting real numbers from him this DEV cycle. Mid-February he said that he might have posed 40-45% of the total animations already. 2 and a half months later those posed animations should be done easily and way more. With the headstart of already rendered 63 animations in january its a pretty good guess that there has to be more than 200 animations done already.

Lets say... he has to render around another 100 animations now, i think that isnt that far off. And we should keep in mind, not all animations are for lewd scenes. in fact... the animations count for animations that are not led related were increasing very much in the last 2 episodes. roughly 30% were not Lewd related.

If we want to be positive, the animation rendering might be done in august. Add another months for... well, other shit like testing, polishing and so on. It _MIGHT_ be a september possibility for the release but more likely october.

Reactions: Kpyna

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Come on, get real... of course i mentioned that regardng DEVs who make a lot of money out of their games... an amount of money where they could buy every month one of those.
Sure... you really think the "income" they show you on Patreon page is what they get? At first Patreon take their cut and it's a big cut, let me tell you. After that comes the taxes in the US and on top the taxes in your country. You'll get roughly 50% if you're not based in the US and from that you've to pay for assets, licenses, and a whole lot more. If a game becomes popular enough to have many Patreons you can be sure the artists of the assets you use in the game show up via DAZ and check up if you paid them. So stealing assets isn't an option when you're planning to make "an amount of money where they could buy every month one of those".

Reactions: Vill3m

hermit_tr

Jan 20, 2022
Yes, but the reality is, the majority of Devs are not as successful as Dr.Pink.
Even here, as far as I know the majority of Devs only get around 100-200 paid supporters on Patreon, that's around 200-400 Dollars.
Many games are abandoned because the devs receive little income.

Reactions: Vill3m and Riaman

KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017
He probably only have 4 lewd scenes left to make.

In my post here I made a summary of all info we got so far.

From what I could gather, DPC still has to pose over 3K Statics and over 100 animations, but thats fine, we are still in may, last year in the infamous 25/08/23 report he still had to do 100 animations much further in the development cycle.

Btw, the animation queue should still have some 40 animations atm, so he wont touch it for a few weeks yet since his hardware average is rendering 7 by week.

There is a point of diminishing returns, he still gotta keep the PCs feed with posed content otherwise its a waste.

Not that he could still buy one or two more, I think that much would be a good investiment.

Sure... you really think the "income" they show you on Patreon page is what they get? At first Patreon take their cut and it's a big cut, let me tell you. After that comes the taxes in the US and on top the taxes in your country. You'll get roughly 50% if you're not based in the US and from that you've to pay for assets, licenses, and a whole lot more. If a game becomes popular enough to have many Patreons you can be sure the artists of the assets you use in the game show up via DAZ and check up if you paid them. So stealing assets isn't an option when you're planning to make "an amount of money where they could buy every month one of those".
DPC is from Sweden, if I'm not mistaken their taxes are pretty high.

Thats what i hope too...

I was trying to monitoring how many animations he might has done so far. But its really hard without getting real numbers from him this DEV cycle. Mid-February he said that he might have posed 40-45% of the total animations already. 2 and a half months later those posed animations should be done easily and way more. With the headstart of already rendered 63 animations in january its a pretty good guess that there has to be more than 200 animations done already.

Lets say... he has to render around another 100 animations now, i think that isnt that far off. And we should keep in mind, not all animations are for lewd scenes. in fact... the animations count for animations that are not led related were increasing very much in the last 2 episodes. roughly 30% were not Lewd related.

If we want to be positive, the animation rendering might be done in august. Add another months for... well, other shit like testing, polishing and so on. It _MIGHT_ be a september possibility for the release but more likely october.

With that in mind I estimate we are at around 220-250 animations posed with around 100 left to pose.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Yes, but the reality is, the majority of Devs are not as successful as Dr.Pink.
Even here, as far as I know the majority of Devs only get around 100-200 paid supporters on Patreon, that's around 200-400 Dollars.
Many games are abandoned because the devs receive little income.
We are running in circles here. I didnt talked about the majority, and i made it very clear that i said what i said regarding DEVs who are making a lot of money and still dont do much work... so why do you reffering to DEVs i didnt talk about? Kinda pointless.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021

With that in mind I estimate we are at around 220-250 animations posed with around 100 left to pose.
Thanks, that helps.

Overall we can already say... he is doing animations faster than in the past. Not "a lot" faster, but faster.

And at the start of this DEV cycle i already assumed that he changed his working style and shedule.

The DEV Cycle for episode 9 and 10 were kinda messed up. He worked very much improvising and run in a point where everything was done but a lot of animations where left to do. I mean, basically it was a 2 months waiting game at the end of the DEV cycles just for the animations.

He obviously changed that. Getting a headstart with the animations and the first weeks he pretty much did nothing else as posing animations to fill up the queue.

It certainly looks like he will not run into a point again where everything else is done but the animations are still left.

He mentioned a Big scene where he has to do roughly 400-600 renders back in february and 2 DEV reports later the scene was already done. (while he has done some other things too at that time).. So yeah when he is done with writing a scene, creating the still renders for that scene goes really fast. Nothing to worry about if there are still around 3000 renders left or so. At the end he might hit the 6000 total renders for the new episode.

Steuan

May 3, 2024
if MC is going to introduce his girlfriend to his father, which one from the Others path will go with him? :unsure:
LILY, for sure!

Lemme explain it. Most ppl think they are just rollin'. Hell nah! It is definitely more than that. They're in an open relationship like Tommy and Heather. She does let Tremolo bang whoever he wants, and Tremolo let her continue to strip for living. At some point (Season 4) they'll become a real couple. It's already been hinted in EP10. I mean who did spend the night with Tremolo in his tent?

1. Sage
2. Jill
3. Maya & Josy

and...

4. LILY

So there's nothing wrong with Tremolo introduce LILY to Neil as his new "Zoey". Y'know... not a girlfriend yet, but more than a friend. Neil is a super cool dad. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't say any bad thing about LILY's profession.

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
LILY, for sure!

Lemme explain it. Most ppl think they are just rollin'. Hell nah! It is definitely more than that. They're in an open relationship like Tommy and Heather. She does let Tremolo bang whoever he wants, and Tremolo let her continue to strip for living. At some point (Season 4) they'll become a real couple. It's already been hinted in EP10. I mean who did spend the night with Tremolo in his tent?

1. Sage
2. Jill
3. Maya & Josy

and...

4. LILY

So there's nothing wrong with Tremolo introduce LILY to Neil as his new "Zoey". Y'know... not a girlfriend yet, but more than a friend. Neil is a super cool dad. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't say any bad thing about LILY's profession.
100% agree
They are definitely more than just Rollin'. Lily has clear feelings (perhaps even love) for Tremolo. The tent & hold my boob so it's no romantic made it abundantly clear.

Not sure it she'd agree to go and meet the folks though. That might be admitting to the feelings. But hope I'm wrong. (I'm biased, Lily is my #1).

Reactions: KaiserST and Steuan

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
LILY, for sure!

Lemme explain it. Most ppl think they are just rollin'. Hell nah! It is definitely more than that. They're in an open relationship like Tommy and Heather. She does let Tremolo bang whoever he wants, and Tremolo let her continue to strip for living. At some point (Season 4) they'll become a real couple. It's already been hinted in EP10. I mean who did spend the night with Tremolo?

1. Sage
2. Jill
3. Maya & Josy

and...

4. LILY

Not going into the "who will visit Neal thing" for the sidegirls now... none of the sidegirls will be visiting him soon. Iam not even sure if there is a possiblity for any other girl than Jill at this point.

But i would love a real couple path with Lilly... buuuuut i dont think it will really happen. DPC made it clear more than once that mostly only the maingirls will have that kind of long term relationship with the MC. He didnt rule out that some of the "sidegirls" will get that too, but certainly not all of them.

If i look up who are potential "girlfriends" of the sidegirls... the list becomes very short.

Riona? Iam almost sure... will depend on how her storyarch will unfold. But yeah there is love in the air.

Nicole/Envy? Yep for sure Girlfriend Material...

Aaaaaaaaand... lastly, yeah Lily maybe... but its a big maybe. There is a reason behind it why she doesnt want to have that kind of relationship. We dont know the reason, but it depends on that reason if there is a possible real relationship in the future or not.

And thats about it, every other sidegirl is not girlfriend material... only a fling or to add drama. That said, i count Zoey as a maingirl at this point.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
Not going into the "who will visit Neal thing" for the sidegirls now... none of the sidegirls will be visiting him soon. Iam not even sure if there is a possiblity for any other girl than Jill at this point.

But i would love a real couple path with Lilly... buuuuut i dont think it will really happen. DPC made it clear more than once that mostly only the maingirls will have that kind of long term relationship with the MC. He didnt rule out that some of the "sidegirls" will get that too, but certainly not all of them.

If i look up who are potential "girlfriends" of the sidegirls... the list becomes very short.

Riona? Iam almost sure... will depend on how her storyarch will unfold. But yeah there is love in the air.

Nicole/Envy? Yep for sure Girlfriend Material...

Aaaaaaaaand... lastly, yeah Lily maybe... but its a big maybe. There is a reason behind it why she doesnt want to have that kind of relationship. We dont know the reason, but it depends on that reason if there is a possible real relationship in the future or not.

And thats about it, every other sidegirl is not girlfriend material... only a fling or to add drama. That said, i count Zoey as a maingirl at this point.
My feelings go the other way. I feel like there has been an elevation of Quinn & Lily above SG status and screen time. Not MG obviously, but the paths have been prepared for the final steps. They're interaction is definitely more romantic than say Sarah or Cammie or even Rio. I think Rio is a chance, she thinks she loves Tremolo, but even playing Rio, it doesn't feel like Tremolo feels the same about her. Good friend, do anything to help her, but not wife material (just my gut feeling). Where with Quinn & Lily, I think there's mutual attraction/love and no aversion to taking the next step for either girl or Tremolo.

My guess would be those 2 would be top of the list to get endings. And the progression of pimp/drug dealer/stripper to girlfriend/wife/mother would also be a cool story to tell. But you know DPC, there'll be a spanner or two in the works.

The reason Lily doesn't want that type of relationship is because of her work. She needs the money to achieve her dreams. If she is in love with someone, then she she can't take her clothes off in front of other men. The guilt (or whatever) would stop her. Even if Tremolo says he's ok with it, Lily won't be able to show the goodies to others. Lily is freaking out right now, because she is falling in love with Tremolo and has no idea how that is going to work. (I do want to clarify, Lily is my #1, so I'm arguing from bias). There could be another reason, but not necessarily, this on it's own, is a valid enough reason.

I've turned down Zoey on every path (just not interested), so I may have missed something. But I haven't seen anything to indicate she's closer to MG status than Lily & Quinn.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
I've turned down Zoey on every path (just not interested), so I may have missed something. But I haven't seen anything to indicate she's closer to MG status than Lily & Quinn.
Simply the fact that she is DPCs favorite. And well... getting a whole interlude episode for her is something too i guess.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes