ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Why America does the MM/DD/YYYY format, I'll never know, because the whole rest of the world does DD/MM/YYYY which makes so much more sense.
It's not hard to work out, Bacchus. We typically describe the date as February 26, 2021; therefore we abbreviate the date as 2/26/21.

It's only when you step back to consider the abbreviation in its own right (or recognize that our typical convention is itself a shorthand) that you might suspect we Americans are a bit silly. Fortunately, we live exciting, fast-paced lives that permit no time for such troublesome introspection.

Now, if you'll pardon me, I need to work out whether I'm using pound as a unit of mass or weight.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
It's not hard to work out, Bacchus. We typically describe the date as February 26, 2021; therefore we abbreviate the date as 2/26/21.

It's only when you step back to consider the abbreviation in its own right (or recognize that our typical convention is itself a shorthand) that you might suspect we Americans are a bit silly. Fortunately, we live exciting, fast-paced lives that permit no time for such troublesome introspection.

Now, if you'll pardon me, I need to work out whether I'm using pound as a unit of mass or weight.
Well, you might do that, but here we would say 26th of February 2021, so even when we speak it, we do it the right way. ;)

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Well it looks like Pink lost few Supporters because of this Drama, 8653 now .... But hey it´s still an awesome titel and enough support. :p
They always lose a chunk of supporters at the start of each month but then gain the lost numbers back over the course of the month. Check their page and you'll see it dip then climb every month.

Johnyboie

Jun 9, 2020
DPC was clearly not idle over the holidays. He went into the break with 37 animations in the render queue, but came out of the break with a whopping 55 shiny, new animations added. That suggests he was rendering nearly 27.5 animations a week, way above his previous average of ~17/week. His overall rate is now around 18.6 animations/week. We even got an update on static renders, though it only works out to ~83/ week since his last datapoint. That gives him far less impressive 167.5/week overall average on statics. To put it in graphic form:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As you can see, his progress on animations is quite literally off the charts; he could easily blow past Episode 6's total by next week if he has more in the queue. Static renders, on the other hand, are still months away from matching Episode 6. Obviously that's a result of where he's been devoting his time more than a render limit on the statics; he often esceeded 200 statics a week back in Episode 6, and the new GPUs can only help that (though the benefits are probably hard capped by the time it takes him to pose). If he returns to a 200 static/week pace, he could match Episode 6's static count by around March 12.

To that end, DPC also mentioned he thinks Episode 7 is between 30 and 50% complete. It's been 8 weeks since Episode 6 launched, so that means we have between 8 and 18.7 weeks left. 8 weeks would correspond to February 26; 19 more weeks would be May 14. (If you're curious, my March 12 hypothetical would indicate we are 44% complete.) It's unclear if DPC was including time to debug and playtest or purely time to write the episode, so we could potentially need to add two weeks to that time table.

So, for those who were wondering when the next update will be, you have the answer: sometime between 2/26/21 and 5/28/21. Mark your calendars now!
I hate math stuff o_O

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I was being serious haha. the pixel-hunting is a bit annoying, but the freeroams can be skipped if you dont like them.
I usually just check my phone for rooster and texts, then I explore around to interact with characters and eventually progress through the freeroam. I don't particularly care if i miss one or two minor scenes.

The story is definitely progressing though, A lot of backstory of the DIKs was added, about Rusty, Tommy and the other guys. New events surrounding cathy, your new leadership-ish role in the DIKs, power conflicts, and the new direction of trying to save the future of DIK. Almost everyone's story progressed in a significant way. Sage is single, Quinn is dealing drugs, Bella has the hots for you, a little of Jill's backstory was revealed, and the first real romance scene with her got added in.

The episode is centered around picking up the pieces after everything that went down with Hell Week, and I imagine that this sets things up nicely for next episode. Tying up many loose ends.

I'm looking forward to where the story goes next. Only DrPinkCake knows, and if Acting Lessons is anything to go by, he isn't afraid to create some massive drama.
When you say the free roams can be skipped, does that include the free roams in the DIK mansion? On replays I find myself still having to track down each DIK brother before being able to progress beyond the free roam - maybe I'm missing something.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
When you say the free roams can be skipped, does that include the free roams in the DIK mansion? On replays I find myself still having to track down each DIK brother before being able to progress beyond the free roam - maybe I'm missing something.
Episode 6 introduced a new feature to allow you to automatically go to every accessible room to help avoid any confusion during free roams. The button is on the bottom right corner of your screen.

Plaguerave

Sep 15, 2020
Why America does the MM/DD/YYYY format, I'll never know, because the whole rest of the world does DD/MM/YYYY which makes so much more sense.
If it makes you feel any better when I filled out reports at 2 different hospitals I worked at it was always DD/MM/YYYY same went with reports when I was volunteer fire fighter.

That shit took me forever to get used to tbh.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
are you sure?
I don't trust my memory 100% but I seem to remember that in a run made by skipping the minigames I still had to put the books in place for Bella
You definitely don't have to do the pixel hunt in either the library or the DIK mansion, however you get an extra $2 for the mansion repairs/cleanup if you do the library pixel hunt. If you don't do it, Bella messages you, "Did you want to work extra at the library? I noticed you didn't put the books back, so I wasn't sure."

It's probably been mentioned before, but on a side note, you get $3 mansion money for going to the old folks home, and $10 if you trade in your Pink Rose VIP pass.
In Japan (not sure about other Asian countries) they go YYYY/MM/DD. They do the same reverse order for street addressing too. Each to their own. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
You definitely don't have to do the pixel hunt in either the library or the DIK mansion, however you get an extra $2 for the mansion repairs/cleanup if you do the library pixel hunt. If you don't do it it, Bella messages you, "Did you want to work extra at the library? I noticed you didn't put the books back, so I wasn't sure."

In Japan (not sure about other Asian countries) they go YYYY/MM/DD. They do the same reverse order for street addressing too. Each to their own. :)
Ah OK

but you decide not to complete it, it is not a skippable minigame anyway. the task is assigned to you and you can choose to fail
considering MC needs $$, I'd say you should do it.
the pixel hunt in the DIKs home instead only impacts the renders so it has absolutely no importance in history

the Japanese system makes more sense anyway .. from the largest to the smallest is an equally logical choice as opposed to it

Reactions: shazba

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Ah OK

but you decide not to complete it, it is not a skippable minigame anyway. the task is assigned to you and you can choose to fail
considering MC needs $$, I'd say you should do it.
the pixel hunt in the DIKs home instead only impacts the renders so it has absolutely no importance in history

the Japanese system makes more sense anyway .. from the largest to the smallest is an equally logical choice as opposed to it
The pixel hunt is my least favorite aspect of the entire game. To me there is zero fun involved, just tedium. If finding each location of the book had some quirky interaction with some of the minor characters, that would have been better. I can imagine that if each time you find the right spot, KRJ just happens to be there and she gets more and more concerned that the mc is stalking her, that'd be pretty funny. And maybe if she was wearing something like this (you know to be realistic and all):

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The pixel hunt is my least favorite aspect of the entire game. To me there is zero fun involved, just tedium. If finding each location of the book had some quirky interaction with some of the minor characters, that would have been better. I can imagine that if each time you find the right spot, KRJ just happens to be there and she gets more and more concerned that the mc is stalking her, that'd be pretty funny. And maybe if she was wearing something like this (you know to be realistic and all):

I don't know ... I don't know if associating the pixel hunt with KRJ makes it more appreciable ....:unsure::unsure::confused::ROFLMAO:

Coriolan is the only one that makes KRJ "edible" (y)

phill_leotardo

Dec 20, 2019
are you sure?
I don't trust my memory 100% but I seem to remember that in a run made by skipping the minigames I still had to put the books in place for Bella
I think you can skip the books for Bella, i always skipped her dialogs since they were cringy, therefore i didn't even know you could grab books for her until this point lmao.

Reactions: felicemastronzo
4.80 star(s) 1,515 Votes