Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Do you know if DPC has any system that detects modded files when transferring saves to the Interlude/Season 3? I know it's a problem with each new episode, but since it's a new Ren'Py game I'm wondering if the mod trigger transfers too.

Just asking since I plan to redo all my playthroughs and organise them properly. If there is a system in place I'll play without the mod (as much as I love it), so I can play episode 9 without waiting for the mod to update.
I would fully expect episode 9 imports to be checking if there are incompatible states, e.g. somebody's game who shows them on multiple paths, which is impossible in an unmodded game. Wouldn't surprise me even remotely if he used that as a condition to purge all other exported saves as punishment, like how he was wiping out gallery collections, etc.
Pennel I'm not sure I follow your question. You've always been able to import S1/S2 export data while using SanchoMod into Interlude. As far as Ep9 goes I have no reason to believe it would be otherwise. See, the "cheats" in SanchoMod don't allow anything too abnormal to occur... all the variables changed behind the scenes are made as though the player had made them during the course of actual gameplay (like, for instance, changing LI paths). So far so good but I have no way of knowing what curve balls a pitcher may throw before they've started their windup on the mound... so to speak.

Edit: I should add that I've dealt with these types of transfers deeply before. Regardless of the import conditionals later it only assists me in making additional mod features such as "MaxEverything" etc. choices for manual imports. I've done it for TFMG and SL more than a few times. I can allow the user to be able to manipulate the data before import of data previously exported or create a new "import" all within the pending VN. It's a bit of work but doable usually in a patch that's prepared before the new "mod" is created and pushed public.

Last edited:

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
Next time he gives complete numbers i'll make a final forecast. The main problem isn't really that he has gone bigger it's that he has slowed down on production.

Hopefully he'll buy a bunch of the 40 series cards for episode 10 and be able to get back to the episdoe 7 and 8 production levels.
Has he really slowed down? The numbers he gives for animations, for example, just count each animation once, but it sounds like the episode 9 animations are going to be bigger (longer) than animations from previous episodes, so it's not really an apples-to-apples comparison, is it? Also, some of the game elements in the Interlude were, in my opinion, very cool, and it seems he plans to incorporate more of those going forward. Finally, there are new minigames and free roams, which take increasingly more time to develop as they become more complex.

Having said that, I suspect the music changes and the itch.io scam affair cost DPC at least a couple of weeks of productivity due to having to rework the game in the first instance and his freaking out in the second.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Has he really slowed down? The numbers he gives for animations, for example, just count each animation once, but it sounds like the episode 9 animations are going to be bigger (longer) than animations from previous episodes, so it's not really an apples-to-apples comparison, is it? Also, some of the game elements in the Interlude were, in my opinion, very cool, and it seems he plans to incorporate more of those going forward. Finally, there are new minigames and free roams, which take increasingly more time to develop as they become more complex.

Having said that, I suspect the music changes and the itch.io scam affair cost DPC at least a couple of weeks of productivity due to having to rework the game in the first instance and his freaking out in the second.
Yes he lost some time with those things and Covid. This episode is likely to take him 6 to 12 weeks longers that episode 8. Which was already 7 weeks longer than episode 7 and 6 weeks longer than episode 6. I'm not giving to much extra time allowance to mini games and stuff since he has added new content like this fairly regularly over the years.

That said, you're right animations are a tricky thing to judge, but 'still renders' are a good indication. The last confirmed update was for week 27 with 3569 completed. The same week for epsiode 8 he had 4130 and episode 7 had released with 3723 4 weeks earlier.

As i've talked about in the past his production averages are way down. 16 fewer stills a week and 5.8 fewer animtions. Over 27 weeks of production (last confrimed numbers) he is 432 'stills' down on episode 8 and 157 animations. Yes animations are hard to judge, but even if some are much longer than normal i still think this is a bit behind.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
That said, you're right animations are a tricky thing to judge, but 'still renders' are a good indication. The last confirmed update was for week 27 with 3569 completed. The same week for epsiode 8 he had 4130 and episode 7 had released with 3723 4 weeks earlier.
The speed difference is likely to have at least something to do with scenes being more populated and thus taking longer to render, between it being a party and DPC's earlier mention how many characters appear in the new episode.

BigBlueDude

Nov 15, 2020
It's not NTR if you're not dating them. Ergo, #1 likelihood for any MMF is going to be MC+JB+Elena, or characters entirely not related to MC, like Carolyn and her 2 men in the dorm party of Episode 8.

And it's easy to avoid that, don't take them up on it if the offer is extended. I'm not into dudes (Sorry, Troy!), but just due to wondering how the scene would play out, I'd go for the devil's threesome with Elena. I don't find her physically appealing, but I do like her personality.
Your MC+JB+Elena is interesting to me. I love to see it honestly, to see how people react to it. Elena have never shown interest (i dont count the booze/raaaawr) thats just crazy party shit. Shes been nothing but cordial with Tremolo and expressed deep love to JB the entire time. MC cannot do suggestive stuff to her or try to sway her or show interest (raaawr might possibly be the first). There shouldnt be an emotional attachment there but what do I know? Have people gone more nuts in the last few years? I personally like that there are canonical young women that are not conquests but actual friends to MC in the story. Makes it more immersive and better story. However Elena+JB seems like a couple that maybe would entertain a third wheel so it wouldn't feel too out of place if it was an option though, and Elena is really hot after all.

I suspect people would not take well to it though. Some of you guys deeply underestimate the weakness in the anti NTR people. DPC would probably have to start treat Elena and JB differently too to not rile people up that NOW want Elena for themselves. As Darkdevil said, Bella have never really been show to express love to her actual husband at the time. Imagined couple status can be cheated/betrayed on. NTR does not care about the physical status of people being together or not. All thats required is the emotional connection people (the players) have with the MC to be betrayed/cheated/taken/take-your-pick, by the character(s) being with another male(s). Thats literally ALL it takes for something to be NTR. Thats all it takes in hentai, theres NTR hentai where the virgin beta looks from afar and dreams of being in a relationship with the class beauty, while shes getting hatefucked by the bully and (soon) his goons.

Damn, I really want this episode out now. Oh Lily, why did you have to be in a vampire outfit. My weak point. Depending on how that scene pans out she will rise a spot or two on my personal hotness list.

magaclaawe

Mar 5, 2020
Your MC+JB+Elena is interesting to me. I love to see it honestly, to see how people react to it. Elena have never shown interest (i dont count the booze/raaaawr) thats just crazy party shit. Shes been nothing but cordial with Tremolo and expressed deep love to JB the entire time. MC cannot do suggestive stuff to her or try to sway her or show interest (raaawr might possibly be the first). There shouldnt be an emotional attachment there but what do I know? Have people gone more nuts in the last few years? I personally like that there are canonical young women that are not conquests but actual friends to MC in the story. Makes it more immersive and better story. However Elena+JB seems like a couple that maybe would entertain a third wheel so it wouldn't feel too out of place if it was an option though, and Elena is really hot after all.

I suspect people would not take well to it though. Some of you guys deeply underestimate the weakness in the anti NTR people. DPC would probably have to start treat Elena and JB differently too to not rile people up that NOW want Elena for themselves. As Darkdevil said, Bella have never really been show to express love to her actual husband at the time. Imagined couple status can be cheated/betrayed on. NTR does not care about the physical status of people being together or not. All thats required is the emotional connection people (the players) have with the MC to be betrayed/cheated/taken/take-your-pick, by the character(s) being with another male(s). Thats literally ALL it takes for something to be NTR. Thats all it takes in hentai, theres NTR hentai where the virgin beta looks from afar and dreams of being in a relationship with the class beauty, while shes getting hatefucked by the bully and (soon) his goons.

Damn, I really want this episode out now. Oh Lily, why did you have to be in a vampire outfit. My weak point. Depending on how that scene pans out she will rise a spot or two on my personal hotness list.
Elena, Sage, Quinn and Zoey could be open to MMF threesome but because of "some" people it will never happen. There will be no NTR and that sucks because drpinkcake has probably the best animations and renders here. I would really like to see what he would do with it.
I get that this is a romance game but there is no reason not to add NTR/MMF path for people who want it. Everyone would like to see Sage DP or Zoey gang bang.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
However Elena+JB seems like a couple that maybe would entertain a third wheel so it wouldn't feel too out of place if it was an option though, and Elena is really hot after all.
During the party in ep.8 Elena kisses the MC as her "drink delivery method" and JB actually likes seeing this (according to the bio entry it creates) so some sort of a threesome is probably possible down the road... particularly because whether the player accepts that "drink" is significant enough event to get note in the bios.

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021

You make some good points about the JB+Elena 3some. On one hand, Elena is a good friend and I would be fine if it if it stays like that. On the other, lately, she's so attractive to me, both in terms of looks and personality. If done well, this could be a great scene.
I'm usually not one for threesomes. Imo, 90% of the time they don't add anything new and and it's more like quantity rather than quality. I would like to see this one happen though.

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
Elena, Sage, Quinn and Zoey could be open to MMF threesome but because of "some" people it will never happen. There will be no NTR and that sucks because drpinkcake has probably the best animations and renders here. I would really like to see what he would do with it.
I get that this is a romance game but there is no reason not to add NTR/MMF path for people who want it. Everyone would like to see Sage DP or Zoey gang bang.
I get that this is a romance game but there is no reason not to add a SCAT path for people who want it. Everyone would like to see Sage poop on the MC or Zoey scat with Josy. :Kappa:

dunhill

May 3, 2017
To save Dalli the trouble;

View attachment 2056152

She's texting.

As for the MMF threesome talk. I don't see a huge issue with it (yes, i don't mind NTR in general, but hear me out)

If Sage for example said "I have a fantasy about fucking two guys at once." and MC has the choice to say either "Eugh gross" or "Who do you have in mind?" I don't really see a problem. If you aren't into that sort of thing then you can skip it and if you are you can enjoy it.

I don't think DPC will do it, since there are to many vanilla babies who would be upset by it, but i personally would love to DP Sage with one of my 'brothers'.
nah Sage would be too worried that that the 2dudes will start humping each other and forget about her, can't blame her after what happened to her ex.. LOL

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
Your MC+JB+Elena is interesting to me. I love to see it honestly, to see how people react to it. Elena have never shown interest (i dont count the booze/raaaawr) thats just crazy party shit...

I suspect people would not take well to it though. Some of you guys deeply underestimate the weakness in the anti NTR people...
We will see, of course. Elena's flirting (if that's the right word for it) seems to have escalated and JB clearly enjoys showing her off. He also said they had a threesome with Arieth. I suspect they have had other threesomes, too.

I don't get the NTR freakout, as it strikes me as incel mentality, but to each his own. It's just that Elena is clearly JB's girl. Seeing her naked and flirting with her doesn't change that. If she and JB invite us to join them for a threesome, we can choose to do it or not. I have no interest in crossing swords with JB, let alone seeing his O face, but Elena is cute and I feel like they would appreciate the MC's involvement. Exhibitionism and public sex are clearly kinks they share. Time will tell how far that goes.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Everyone would like to see Sage DP or Zoey gang bang.
That's the problem with NTR fans. Why are you speaking for everyone? I'm not from the anti-NTR brigade, but why are you generalizing your fetishes to everyone? This statement is absurd. You might as well write:
"Everyone wants to see how the MC fucks a flock of hedgehogs. It would be nice if the DPC made an animation of such a scene"
The meaning will be about the same. This will be absurd.
As for the MFM threesome, why not? Already talking about possible options MC+Elena+JB or MC+Heather+Tommy. For others, I don’t see a plot opportunity yet.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes