OFT

Jan 6, 2020
There are a few things that bother me in Episode 9, but one of the biggest…

This…

THIS!...

THIS WAS A FUCKING LIE!!!!

Lie.jpg

To not have a lewd scene with my little Asian object of obsession is criminal, but to tease me that I can have her when I can't?

Unforgiveable.

If development time were a constraint, I absolutely would have forfeited the Sarah & Mel threesome for some kitty cat coitus. (Don’t even go there, magaclaawe. You know what I mean.)

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
Jill was one of my favorites in the game, I even considered her material for a wife, but then EP 6 arrived.

And it was like
I was also disappointed with Jill in episode 6. The dilemma between meeting Jill or taking care of Sage was enough for me to abandon Jill for good. Right now I'm between Sage and Isabella... I still haven't decided which one is wife material. From the side girls I don't like any of them so...

Reactions: p22

c.mork

Nov 3, 2022
There are a few things that bother me in Episode 9, but one of the biggest…

This…

THIS!...

THIS WAS A FUCKING LIE!!!!

View attachment 2326128

To not have a lewd scene with my little Asian object of obsession is criminal, but to tease me that I can have her when I can't?

Unforgiveable.

If development time were a constraint, I absolutely would have forfeited the Sarah & Mel threesome for some kitty cat coitus. (Don’t even go there, magaclaawe. You know what I mean.)
She didn't have a scene, because it's the start of her "I'm not just a whore, I could be MC's girlfriend" arc...

copium.gif

Zorad

Nov 2, 2017

I've been coding for the better part of last week, but I also wrote some story and posed art.

Mostly, I've been working on an updated version of Brawler this week, and I need a few more days of work with the remaining art before I am done with it.

It's an ambitious upgrade of this mini-game, which is now taking its third and most likely final form.

Even though it's been remade from scratch, it will feel familiar but improved and expanded upon. I'm very pleased with how it plays.

Here are some screenshots of it.

As you may have noticed, I've been powering on with mini-games lately since I know I have to do a few more for episode 10. I'm trying to get most of it out of the way early, so I can focus on writing and creating art soon.

After Brawler, there's one shorter mini-game and some final work on a scientific mini-game left to do.

I have a healthy animation queue alongside this development. It allows me to focus without being interrupted.

I can also notice how the usual stress I feel about Custom renders being completely gone now that I have removed that tier reward.

I've been able to put an unhealthy amount of hours into coding this week because of this, and I love every second of it.

I will have the first part of the Q&A posted sometime next week. I'm splitting it into two parts, like last year's Q&A.

First, there will be a part about your Being a DIK questions, and after that, a part about game development. Thanks to everyone who submitted questions!

A special render poll is currently ongoing - where either Maya, Sage, or Isabella will get a set of renders dedicated to them in episode 10. If you want to participate, you have until next Friday.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Brawler has been my favorite mini-game since I started playing the game back in episode 5, so I'm very excited to see the final product.

Alas, this was the classic development news that gets people mad about his mini-game fetish. At this point in time though, it's pointless to discuss whether he should keep making them every new season or just stop them altogether. It's a given that he WILL keep making these mini-games whether we like it or not, so the point of discussion should be about how fast he's getting these games done. If you ask me, it seems like the progress with them is going reasonably fast. 5 out of the 7 mini-games planned for episode 10 are done in about a month of work, that's not bad.

While the mini-games are being made, the true culprits of the longer development time - the animations - are rendering, so it's not like he's wasting precious time when he's programming said mini-games. In fact, if he just stopped making theses games, the development time would still be the same. Look at how episode 9's dev time went for example, we spent two whole months WAITING for the animations to be done, so the mini-games are not the problem here.

DaBigGreek

Jun 1, 2022
DPC is the gold standard of AVNs bar none and did it again with the latest release. Support him on his Patreon, so deserves it.

Love the love given for more Lily content, love to "roll" with her!!!!!

Mmoney7187

Sep 30, 2017

I've been coding for the better part of last week, but I also wrote some story and posed art.

Mostly, I've been working on an updated version of Brawler this week, and I need a few more days of work with the remaining art before I am done with it.

It's an ambitious upgrade of this mini-game, which is now taking its third and most likely final form.

Even though it's been remade from scratch, it will feel familiar but improved and expanded upon. I'm very pleased with how it plays.

As you may have noticed, I've been powering on with mini-games lately since I know I have to do a few more for episode 10. I'm trying to get most of it out of the way early, so I can focus on writing and creating art soon.

After Brawler, there's one shorter mini-game and some final work on a scientific mini-game left to do.

I have a healthy animation queue alongside this development. It allows me to focus without being interrupted.

I can also notice how the usual stress I feel about Custom renders being completely gone now that I have removed that tier reward.

I've been able to put an unhealthy amount of hours into coding this week because of this, and I love every second of it.

I will have the first part of the Q&A posted sometime next week. I'm splitting it into two parts, like last year's Q&A.

First, there will be a part about your Being a DIK questions, and after that, a part about game development. Thanks to everyone who submitted questions!

A special render poll is currently ongoing - where either Maya, Sage, or Isabella will get a set of renders dedicated to them in episode 10. If you want to participate, you have until next Friday.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Hell yeah new brawler lets gooo! Here's hoping the MC gets a cool hallway fight scene like Old Boy or Daredevil!
DD.gif
Old Boy.gif

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
In the long run its a smart move to take care of the mini game stuff now and doesn't seem to be slowing him down which is the important part. Hopefully this development time will be shorter even if he is a LAMF :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: sava75 and Zorad

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
He's redesigning all the mini games:FacePalm:
filthy-frank-its-time-to-stop.gif
Conspiracy theory I swear like a month or two development time gets spent on all these mini games he loves throwing in :illuminati:

Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021
Damnn the new brawler mini-game looks impressive. Despite some people shitting on DPC for his minigames, I personlliy find them pretty imerssive. (Though I would have preferrd bralwer to be a martial arts club in the game then a phone app, but I'm happy with what we got).

My only problem with the game right now is the giant open-world section, I also like the inclusion of open world, but I believe DPC needs to tame himself in that regard (From his latest dev journal entery, he understand that he jumped over his head in episode 9 with the open world). and his new 4090 is already up to the task.

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
Damnn the new brawler mini-game looks impressive. Despite some people shitting on DPC for his minigames, I personlliy find them pretty imerssive. (Though I would have preferrd bralwer to be a martial arts club in the game then a phone app, but I'm happy with what we got).
If DPC doesn't plan to give a big focus on combat in the coming seasons then I don't think it's necessary to work on the brawler mini-game. However, if he's thinking of doing some sort of tournament or starting a fight club then I think that's a valid idea.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes